Do the “elites” believe the Rapture is imminent?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I'll give you a pass. My request was geared toward films with eschatological themes. Films selling us Satan's planned deception.....if you believe some of Hollywood's honchos are his minions.
Ok @Karlysymon - as this is a fairly easy-going thread, I would be interested in hearing your perspective on how a “fake Rapture” scenario might be engineered and how such an event will play into the wider agenda of the ”elites”. If a Rapture (fake or otherwise) takes place, the topic may continue to be of great interest!

P.s. “The Leftovers” was a very strange series which coupled a small Rapture (100 million) along with the disappearance of known “evil-doers” who would not fit a Christian understanding of those that might be called to meet the Lord! I wonder where this HBO production might fit into the picture (if anywhere?).

Last edited:

Karlysymon

Superstar
Ok @Karlysymon - as this is a fairly easy-going thread, I would be interested in hearing your perspective on how a “fake Rapture” scenario might be engineered and how such an event will play into the wider agenda of the ”elites”. If a Rapture (fake or otherwise) takes place, the topic may continue to be of great interest!
Lemme put my thinking cap on then get back to you. :)

Huh? Heathen tribes were running wild so why should God want to help them?
You just said that christians wouldnt: "invade, search out, capture, and subjugate the Saracens and pagans and any other unbelievers and enemies of Christ wherever they may be, as well as their kingdoms, duchies, counties, principalities, and other property [...] and to reduce their persons into perpetual servitude."

Wouldnt this make them heathens?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
You just said that christians wouldnt: "invade, search out, capture, and subjugate the Saracens and pagans and any other unbelievers and enemies of Christ wherever they may be, as well as their kingdoms, duchies, counties, principalities, and other property [...] and to reduce their persons into perpetual servitude."

Wouldnt this make them heathens?
I think there is a gulf between what people may do invoking Christianity as a justification and what actions might be prompted by a true understanding of Christianity. The distinction is subtle and wasted on some.

Tidal

Star
..You just said that christians wouldnt: "invade, search out, capture, and subjugate the Saracens and pagans and any other unbelievers and enemies of Christ wherever they may be, as well as their kingdoms, duchies, counties, principalities, and other property [...] and to reduce their persons into perpetual servitude."

I said worthless godless heathens deserve to have their asses kicked by Christians or by God himself to protect the rest of decent mankind.. :)
"Ungodly...These men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed.." (Bible: 2 Peter 2:12)

So the Christian message to heathens who are looking for trouble is-

I think there is a gulf between what people may do invoking Christianity as a justification and what actions might be prompted by a true understanding of Christianity. The distinction is subtle and wasted on some.
Tell me why that really matters to the people who had their kingdoms destroyed/taken from them and were put in "perpetual servitude" by the very people who FIRST introduced them to the Jesus character?

What does is say to them that when God introduced them to their "savior" they were losing everything they had around them?

Tidal

Star
Tell me why that really matters to the people who had their kingdoms destroyed/taken from them and were put in "perpetual servitude" by the very people who FIRST introduced them to the Jesus character?
What does is say to them that when God introduced them to their "savior" they were losing everything they had around them?

We Christians civilised half the world.. :p
Below:- A great moment in history, the Pilgrim Fathers arrive in the New World!

"Thank God that voyage is over, I've been puking my guts up all the way across the bloody Atlantic! Okay everybody, break out the guns and let's go bust Hiawatha's ass or whatever his bloody name is; we'll be running the place inside a month if he's the best they've got around here"

I said worthless godless heathens deserve to have their asses kicked by Christians or by God himself to protect the rest of decent mankind.. :)
No you said:

No true Christian does that sh*t, the ones who do it are phonies
Now you've changed your narrative to something else and thats fine. The quote of "worthless godless heathens deserved to get their ass kicked" may be held over your head in due time...

"Ungodly...These men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed.." (Bible: 2 Peter 2:12)

So the Christian message to heathens who are looking for trouble is-

I dont think you understand that your empire, is another Babylon/Egypt/Greece etc.. situation. I.e. you were sent as a curse to the Israelites for their disobedience to their God, then when they're released their curses become are put on the empire that oppressed them

Deut 30:7
When all these blessings and curses I have set before you come on you and you take them to heart wherever the Lord your God disperses you among the nations, 2 and when you and your children return to the Lord your God and obey him with all your heart and with all your soul according to everything I command you today, 3 then the Lord your God will restore your fortunes[a] and have compassion on you and gather you again from all the nations where he scattered you. 4 Even if you have been banished to the most distant land under the heavens, from there the Lord your God will gather you and bring you back. 5 He will bring you to the land that belonged to your ancestors, and you will take possession of it. He will make you more prosperous and numerous than your ancestors. 6 The Lord your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live. 7 The Lord your God will put all these curses on your enemies who hate and persecute you.

Now do you see what this "covid" virus that halted billion dollar businesses is the start of?

Tidal

Star
As the English Christians were civilising North America, so were the Spanish Christians civilising South America for a glorious double whammy.. :p

"In the name of their Imperial Highnesses King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella, we have come to civilise your asses!"

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

I am not without understanding - it’s the ultimate in Hegelian dialectic and the reason why hypocrisy in Christians is so offensive to God. When something evil is done in the name of God, it doesn’t automatically say anything true about Him. Picture the soldier who brings dishonour to the British Army by torturing and killing prisoners of war. It says much about the man who does it, but does not automatically represent their regiment.

Tidal

Star
..I dont think you understand that your empire, is another Babylon/Egypt/Greece etc..

Hey that reminds me, my mam used to say to me as a kid "Comb your hair before you go out, it's sticking up on top like a cockatoo", so maybe I should start worshipping the Egyptian god Horus, he was a bloody parrot too-

Tidal

Star
interesting term for mass murder

Nah mate, take Australia for example, we English took it over and the Aborigines came looking for trouble so we had to put them in their place by confiscating their boomerangs and didgeridoos-

Tidal

Star
..the soldier who brings dishonour to the British Army..

Where do you whingers live? Wherever it is I bet you're squatting on land that once belonged to savages, so if you feel sorry for them you can always give it back to 'em.. :p

Another great moment in history- Gary Cooper takes Florida off the Seminoles in 'Distant Drums'..:D-

CHIEF- "We don't want no trouble"
COOPER- "You sure as hell got trouble boy, you've had Florida for centuries and you ain't built a single golf course or theme park in all that time, so now we're taking it off you"

Tidal

Star
..by your logic didn’t the Romans “civilize” ya’ll when you were considered savages?
Nah mate, we English were civilised long before the Romans showed up and we had to teach them how to fry chips instead of that Italian junk food. Incidentally my old home town was Leicester (England) and my family goes back for generations there, it was once a garrison town for Rome's badass 14th Legion, so maybe a distant ancestor of mine was a Roman centurion and I've inherited his fearsome warrior DNA, it'd certainly explain why I'm a wargame champion.. :cool:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Wow that’s nice. Colonizer mind set

Red’s British, by your logic didn’t the Romans “civilize” ya’ll when you were considered savages?
I don’t think there are any real 100% “British” people!!! I’m part Welsh, part Irish, part Polish, about half “English” and small percentage Jewish!

#mongrel!

Lisa

Superstar
It occurred to me that Hollywood accidentally let “The Passion of the Christ” slip past it’s editorial filter as well...

Mel Gibson directed and didn’t he release it himself? Plus..its catholic propaganda...they all bow down to the pope.