Do the “elites” believe the Rapture is imminent?

Karlysymon

Superstar
The "elite" would never believe in something as silly as the rapture. It was the corporate, military, intelligence elite, and corrupt sources who indoctrinated an innocent generation into dispensationalism and other apocalyptic theologies.

Adams explains California's curious history as a leader of post-war social experimentation and cultural engineering. In SoCal the (military) aviation industry played a large role in shaping a demographic whose former Protestant Christian identities were dissolved into a strange melting-pot of liberal and conservative lifestyles.

Southern California in the 40's and 50's had a large number of traditional Churches per population. It was from this base that newer, "revolutionary" gospels aimed at younger people sprung. Adams points out there was a clear intention to break from the "fuddy-duddy" image of the old ways of worship. This was the rise of megachurches as well as microchurches built in basements or an industrial strip. A more exciting version of Jesus and the gospel that leaned toward Charismatic, Pentecostal, or apocalyptic revelation was cultivated. An example of this is Bill Bright's Campus Crusade (who employed Lindsay) at UCLA with a Bible interpretation tailored to hippies and "Jesus Freaks."

It's probably no coincidence that from within a few square miles of LA several of what came to be the largest and most influential Evangelical Churches in the world developed. Chuck Smith's (who wrote the book "End Times" in 1978) Calvary Church in Costa Mesa, and Hal Lindsey's TBN studio also in Costa Mesa; Robert Schuller's Crystal Cathedral and Rick Warren's Saddleback Church in Orange County. "End-Time cults" would best describe their organizations.

The important take-away from this history is that these figures, along with other establishment Evangelicals gained wealth, notoriety, and then power in American politics starting in the late 1970's. This is the dawn of the Christian right and the CNP, groups amalgamating end-times fantasies and apocalyptic scenarios with foreign policy. @Karlysymon and @vancityeagle have brought these subjects up numerous times. The significance of perpetrators like Paul Cain, Francis Shaeffer, Douglas Coe's "the Family", or Chuck Missler's role as a Christian Zionist, military-industrial spokesperson cannot be underestimated. The entire Evangelical establishment has ties not only to big business but to presidents, spy organizations, the military, etc.The imagination of these psychopaths has helped harm or kill millions of people worldwide. It's a giant subject to unravel but it's important.

I feel bad for my somewhat older friends out there who got caught up in these perverse, warped forms of Christianity. We have to see the American Evangelical movement of the 20th century as just an era of history. Like the rapture theory it will fade away into oblivion. Study the facts and break free from ideological prisons. It's never too late to wake up.
I feel bad that important information like is simply going to quickly get lost in a thread like this and if you hadn't tagged me, i might not have bothered to check, so thanks for that. [I'll tag @Serveto because this kind of thing interests him aswell] It also rightly belongs in the christian zionism thread. When the case is made that many of these people are spooks or DOD operatives, people think that we are going off the deep-end but the evidence is there.
On Rick Warren

I didn't know any of this back when his book "The purpose driven life" was being talked about by everyone as a must-read (early 2000s and he might not have been a member at that time). I was about to read it but then i heard him make comments on Iran, in line with Washington's ME foreign policy. That ended it for me. I did check, a good while back ,on how the CFR's religious arm functions. They don't get these people on board for nothing. There's obviously a reason. Will post it if i find it.

1585443690888.png International Intelligence Briefing??

The left behind series which popularized the pre trib rapture was written by Tim Lehay. One of the founders of the CNP, which Davidson mentioned a couple of posts back.

One of the main agendas of the CNP is to bring about the end time events, while deceiving the masses of the true details and timelines of bible scripture in regards to revelations.

DavidSon

Star
I feel bad that important information like is simply going to quickly get lost in a thread like this and if you hadn't tagged me, i might not have bothered to check, so thanks for that. [I'll tag @Serveto because this kind of thing interests him aswell] It also rightly belongs in the christian zionism thread. When the case is made that many of these people are spooks or DOD operatives, people think that we are going off the deep-end but the evidence is there.
On Rick Warren

I didn't know any of this back when his book "The purpose driven life" was being talked about by everyone as a must-read (early 2000s and he might not have been a member at that time). I was about to read it but then i heard him make comments on Iran, in line with Washington's ME foreign policy. That ended it for me. I did check, a good while back ,on how the CFR's religious arm functions. They don't get these people on board for nothing. There's obviously a reason. Will post it if i find it.

View attachment 34204 International Intelligence Briefing??
You've been bringing these subjects up for years so thanks. People can always do a search and find earlier posts.

One thing I agree with Adams is our response to everything is nuanced. He doesn't hate Evangelicism or Christianity in general. Many of the families who moved to the West Coast from Oklahoma were solid people. As a true conservative he's commenting on the newness and modernity of the 20th century that was forced into every sector of American life. I think the 20th century was the end of an age; we have to look in detail at what we've inherited to make sense of it all. My revulsion is toward specific leaders and the powers that made them what they are.

No one could deny there are events fulfilling ALL religious scripture right now. Christianity itself is founded on Apocalyptic/Gnostic Jewish teachings. As always what disgusts me is the way the wicked take everything of truth and then sell it back to us. World citizenship and wealth equality are noble objectives, but implemented by Christine Largrde and Bill Gates? I'll pass. In the same way I refuse to be informed about spirituality by dangerous Christian Right shysters.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Revelation 6:15

“And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;”

King James Version (KJV)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@Karlysymon and @DavidSon

Just an observation...

The notion that the Bible may actually, exclusively be true is a huge one for most people to follow. A friend sent me a link to a recent interview with David Icke - he has so many things right yet still fails to open up the Book of Revelation and face the truth squarely.

I had a very clear thought....

Some people are too clever to believe the Bible at face value and to see what is really going on!

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I was thinking about this little verse this morning and a few words stood out to me...

2 Timothy 2:15 New King James Version (NKJV)

15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

It got me thinking about Jesus’s first full time job - carpentry. So much of it is measuring and getting angles right! One slip and you have a wobbly table or a peculiar door. The exhortation to rightly divide the word implies that it quite possible to wrongly divide. Imaging our disappointment and shame in facing the Lord with the efforts we have made, only to find that we have made a piece of spiritual furniture that is neither use nor ornament. It’s a sobering thought.

Karlysymon

Superstar
One thing I agree with Adams is our response to everything is nuanced. He doesn't hate Evangelicism or Christianity in general.
No, he doesn’t and he isn’t even Christian. Atleast that’s what he said. He mentioned that in the Endtimes nonsense video that you watched (although you may not remember that it was him when Jay had him on…..haha) but I guess that sometimes one needs an outsider to show you the things that you refuse to see.
@Karlysymon and @DavidSon

Just an observation...

The notion that the Bible may actually, exclusively be true is a huge one for most people to follow. A friend sent me a link to a recent interview with David Icke - he has so many things right yet still fails to open up the Book of Revelation and face the truth squarely.

I had a very clear thought....

Some people are too clever to believe the Bible at face value and to see what is really going on!

Red, iam sure you’ve heard this said before: we (Christians) have more to fear that which is from within than that from without. The insidious forces attacking Christianity from outside are easier to defeat because….well….they are “outsiders” thus easy to identify. The forces from within are harder to detect which is why they do more damage. Many within Christendom, especially in Evangelical circles, won’t talk about what John Adams is talking about because the people involved are highly revered (fathers of the faith kind-of-thing) and their acolytes/protégés won’t rise to the occasion. Which is why the bleeding within Christianity won’t stop and why its taking outsiders to do the job. We can complain about Hillsong and other variations but don’t they all spring from the same source?

I believe in prophecy wholeheartedly; you know we do. While you will consider this offensive (please don’t), I believe the Rapture theology to be deception. But let’s switch that around. Let’s say iam sooooo wrong! about it and that iam the one that’s not “seeing the obvious”. We both know that the arch deceiver has a very convincing counterfeit to the Second Advent. If the Rapture is legit, what do you imagine the strong, convincing counterfeit to be? And how is that counterfeit currently taking shape?
ps: will watch the video when i can.

elsbet

Superstar
If Jesus Was God he wouldn't have said stuff like - "Only God knows when Judgment Day will be, I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32)
"I am going to the Father, for my Father is greater than I" (John 14:28 )

"Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)
"I say nothing of my own accord, i only say what my father tells me to say.." (John 12:49)

If you disagree you'd better argue it out with him.. :)
I'm always amazed at the limitations people put on God-- especially concerning the Hypostatic Union. You haven't studied this, Tidal.

If Christ was only a man, the sacrifice would have been pointless.

Psalm 49:7​
No man can possibly redeem his brother or pay his ransom to God. For the redemption of his soul is costly, and never can payment suffice, that he should live on forever and not see decay.

DesertRose

Superstar
Hypostatic Union
Is this explained in aramiac as well?
Did those poor fishermen understand the hypo-st-atic Un-ion?
Dear elsbet i am gonna tease you. I already stopped myself from teasing Red about the elite caring about Christians hoping to fly away from the end times troubles.:p
Let us keep forgiveness simple God forgave Adam and Eve but not satan because it did not ask for forgiveness.
Forgiveness is accessible through repentance and Prophet Jesus peace be upon Him was always a messenger and a Prophet which is the highest status known to man.humans or human people if you wanna be pc. Only One God not part of His creation.
Just dropped in for a sec.
Make no mistake I am not making fun but calling to our path.

Last edited:

Tidal

Star
Tidal said- If Jesus Was God he wouldn't have said stuff like - "Only God knows when Judgment Day will be , I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32) etc..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm always amazed at the limitations people put on God-- especially concerning the Hypostatic Union. You haven't studied this, Tidal....

What the hell does 'Hypostatic' mean? Is it a Klingon delicacy?
I'm always amazed at how people can take perfectly straightforward verses like the one above and put their own spin on them to say they mean something entirely different.. :D
That's how cults start, they weave tangled furballs of verses together and then puke them up at us!
How about it Tiddles?

"Bluurghh"

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
If the Rapture is legit, what do you imagine the strong, convincing counterfeit to be? And how is that counterfeit currently taking shape?
ps: will watch the video when i can.
First, I don’t take offence KarlyS on your view of the Rapture - if my theology didn’t support it and someone else came in promoting the idea, I would likely call it out as a deception (therefore being a diabolical modification to doctrine for evil purposes).

I think the great deception and the strong delusion will be the response to the Rapture. If my sources are on the right track, the deception will involve “ascended masters” arriving on the scene, and offering to take us to the next level in our collective evolution...

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Published on 24 Aug 2019

“Amir's teaching on the history of the satanic efforts of religions, cults and the modern powerful elite to rule the world with "the light of Lucifer" as their guide. There is a deliberate plan and push for one leader and one-world government all around us.”

Many of us can see this already, but for anyone coming new to the topic of the “elites”, this is a good overview...

Tidal

Star
“Amir's teaching on the history of the satanic efforts of religions, cults and the modern powerful elite to rule the world with "the light of Lucifer" as their guide. There is a deliberate plan and push for one leader and one-world government all around us.”

Which religions exactly? Surely Christianity can't be lumped in there among the crocks?

elsbet

Superstar
Tidal said- If Jesus Was God he wouldn't have said stuff like - "Only God knows when Judgment Day will be , I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32) etc..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What the hell does 'Hypostatic' mean? Is it a Klingon delicacy?
I'm always amazed at how people can take perfectly straightforward verses like the one above and put their own spin on them to say they mean something entirely different.. :D
That's how cults start, they weave tangled furballs of verses together and then puke them up at us!
So sorry... I didn't realize Google wasn't available in your sector of the world.

Still... if Christ was only a man, the sacrifice would have been pointless-- like your false statement of faith. You showed your hand much faster than most, though... lol

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Thoughts on Christian terminology....

Hypostatic Union, Soteriology, The Trinity, Eschatology, Molinism and conditional subjunctives....

The list goes on and it can make it sound like you need a phd to understand the Bible! The point is that these names are only labels given to collections of understanding of various topics that the Bible addresses, sometimes in numerous places. In the same way, psychologists give complicated names to various aspects of human experience and emotion that people felt and wrestled with long before those things had formal names.

DesertRose

Superstar
Don’t worry @DesertRose - I can take a bit of ribbing - I haven’t heard from you for a while, are you locked down like the rest of us???
That is one thing I like about you Red. Despite our differences you have an excellent education in manners.
To answer your question, life is pretty much the same for me as an introvert I am mostly at home anyway and as a home-schooler we have the same schedule as before. :)Thanks for asking.