Do the “elites” believe the Rapture is imminent?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Please stop the buggy man thing.

You may have missed that Yahweh is the one who hardened Pharaoh's heart. The heart that was going to let the people go.

That was what allowed all of Yahweh's murders of the children for the guilt of the parents. Totally unjust by sane and moral observers.

Some see Yahweh as good, but if that is good, I would hate to have to imagine anything more evil.

Regards
DL
Another Hebrew translation for “hardened” is “strengthened”. In this context, Pharaoh hardened his ow heart a number of time, then eventually God sealed his continued choice. When did he pass the point of no return? How many chances to repent will people be given?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
There is no such thing as a pre tribulation rapture.

That is satanic disinformation, meant to make people indifferent to what will happen.

Also to fool people of the timing of last day events.
That perspective is certainly a widely held one, and warrants some examination.

Firstly, people who believe an a pre-trib rapture often have friends and relatives who don’t believe. Given that, do you really think they will be indifferent to the things they might face?

If not indifferent, do you think it more or less likely for people who believe in a pre-trib rapture to share the gospel with those they can, while they can?

Finally, do you believe that those of a pre-trib viewpoint would abandon their faith and take the Mark of the Beast if Daniel 9:27 happened and they were still here?

I suggest that a belief that the Lord may come at any time and take His church would lead to holy living and a heart for the lost. I would also suggest that IF those who hold that view were incorrect, they would abandon a faulty doctrine, but not their faith.

Another Hebrew translation for “hardened” is “strengthened”. In this context, Pharaoh hardened his ow heart a number of time, then eventually God sealed his continued choice. When did he pass the point of no return? How many chances to repent will people be given?
The bible says that god is patient beyond our understanding.

The bible also says that it is god's will that all be saved.

Oh ye of little faith. You think god to be a loser who cannot do his will.

Shame on you who doubt god's power.

Like it or not, we all end in heaven.

Regards
DL

Don’t you think you are God? You sure think you are above Him anyway...
You have broken your first commandment by putting Jesus above Yahweh.

That aside.

Are you not above a genocidal god? Could you torture a baby for 6 days before finally murdering it?

You are to emulate your god and approve of all he does. Could you be so vile?

No.

If you cannot be above such a moral monster then you are admitting to being attracted to moral monsters.

Say it isn't so, for Christ's sake.

Regards
DL

True Christians will certainly end up there, but I somehow don't think Jesus-rejecters will be able to gatecrash their way in-
TE]
The standard Jesus set says that there are no true Christians.

You divide winners and losers while ignoring that a god would create all souls equally.

Start being more like your inner god and Jesus and know that the gates are open to all.

Most are just too mentally lazy to walk in.

Regards
DL

Tidal

Star
Could you torture a baby for 6 days before finally murdering it?

Steady on mate, Satan can be a bit of a rotter you know-
Jesus said "Satan has bound this crippled woman for eighteen years" (Luke 13:16)

Then he cured her.. :D

Tidal

Star
Tidal said- As a Christian it's not Jesus I'm concerned about..:eek:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You live in fear of a mythical Yahweh?

No, that's the Terminator in my pic and I was trying to be amusing.
(o god please make me funny, sniffle)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

The bible also says that it is god's will that all be saved.

Oh ye of little faith. You think god to be a loser who cannot do his will.

Shame on you who doubt god's power.

Like it or not, we all end in heaven.

Regards
DL
Come now, DL, you know that this is not the whole story. God is patient, but he will judge.

You might recall the events described after the Exodus. God waited till their “iniquity was full”, but judgement fell in the end.

Tidal

Star
You divide winners and losers while ignoring that a god would create all souls equally..

Yeah babies are born innocent but many are later spiritually-polluted by parents and society and the establishment and peer pressure into rejecting Jesus, it's their own fault for letting themselves be swayed into being losers-
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world" (James 1:27)

Tidal

Star

Yes, God patiently waits for years giving people a chance to turn to Jesus.. :D

Nonchristian at the pearlies- "Please let me in, I know I rejected Jesus for all the six decades of my adult life before I died, so please give me just another few years back on earth to accept him"
God- "Sorry, you've had your six"

You have broken your first commandment by putting Jesus above Yahweh.

That aside.

Are you not above a genocidal god? Could you torture a baby for 6 days before finally murdering it?

No.

If you cannot be above such a moral monster then you are admitting to being attracted to moral monsters.

Say it isn't so, for Christ's sake.

Regards
DL
when did God torture a baby for 6 days? wth

DavidSon

Star
The "elite" would never believe in something as silly as the rapture. It was the corporate, military, intelligence elite, and corrupt sources who indoctrinated an innocent generation into dispensationalism and other apocalyptic theologies.

Adams explains California's curious history as a leader of post-war social experimentation and cultural engineering. In SoCal the (military) aviation industry played a large role in shaping a demographic whose former Protestant Christian identities were dissolved into a strange melting-pot of liberal and conservative lifestyles.

Southern California in the 40's and 50's had a large number of traditional Churches per population. It was from this base that newer, "revolutionary" gospels aimed at younger people sprung. Adams points out there was a clear intention to break from the "fuddy-duddy" image of the old ways of worship. This was the rise of megachurches as well as microchurches built in basements or an industrial strip. A more exciting version of Jesus and the gospel that leaned toward Charismatic, Pentecostal, or apocalyptic revelation was cultivated. An example of this is Bill Bright's Campus Crusade (who employed Lindsay) at UCLA with a Bible interpretation tailored to hippies and "Jesus Freaks."

It's probably no coincidence that from within a few square miles of LA several of what came to be the largest and most influential Evangelical Churches in the world developed. Chuck Smith's (who wrote the book "End Times" in 1978) Calvary Church in Costa Mesa, and Hal Lindsey's TBN studio also in Costa Mesa; Robert Schuller's Crystal Cathedral and Rick Warren's Saddleback Church in Orange County. "End-Time cults" would best describe their organizations.

The important take-away from this history is that these figures, along with other establishment Evangelicals gained wealth, notoriety, and then power in American politics starting in the late 1970's. This is the dawn of the Christian right and the CNP, groups amalgamating end-times fantasies and apocalyptic scenarios with foreign policy. @Karlysymon and @vancityeagle have brought these subjects up numerous times. The significance of perpetrators like Paul Cain, Francis Shaeffer, Douglas Coe's "the Family", or Chuck Missler's role as a Christian Zionist, military-industrial spokesperson cannot be underestimated. The entire Evangelical establishment has ties not only to big business but to presidents, spy organizations, the military, etc.The imagination of these psychopaths has helped harm or kill millions of people worldwide. It's a giant subject to unravel but it's important.

I feel bad for my somewhat older friends out there who got caught up in these perverse, warped forms of Christianity. We have to see the American Evangelical movement of the 20th century as just an era of history. Like the rapture theory it will fade away into oblivion. Study the facts and break free from ideological prisons. It's never too late to wake up.

Last edited: