Do the “elites” believe the Rapture is imminent?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Gordon Brown calls for global government to tackle coronavirus

Gordon Brown

Gordon Brown has urged world leaders to create a temporary form of global government to tackle the twin medical and economic crises caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.

The former Labour prime minister, who was at the centre of the international efforts to tackle the impact of the near-meltdown of the banks in 2008, said there was a need for a taskforce involving world leaders, health experts and the heads of the international organisations that would have executive powers to coordinate the response.

A virtual meeting of the G20 group of developed and developing countries, chaired by Saudi Arabia, will be held on Thursday, but Brown said it would have been preferable to have also included the UN security council.

Awoken2

Superstar
I wouldn’t want anyone (even those who despise me) to miss it and face what will follow.
So just for clarity then Red are you stating that even people who disagree with your belief system should not be subjected to what disbelievers get subjected to.....in your belief system?

.....(walks away.....confused)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
So just for clarity then Red are you stating that even people who disagree with your belief system should not be subjected to what disbelievers get subjected to.....in your belief system?

.....(walks away.....confused)
Put another way, if I knew that a town was about to be invaded by ruthless killers, but I knew a train was in the station ready to leave, I would do what I could to encourage those I could to buy a ticket and board before the invasion took place.

Awoken2

Superstar
Put another way, if I knew that a town was about to be invaded by ruthless killers, but I knew a train was in the station ready to leave, I would do what I could to encourage those I could to buy a ticket and board before the invasion took place.
When referring to ruthless killers are you meaning God?......because as you keep stating over and over it's all going by the book.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
When referring to ruthless killers are you meaning God?......because as you keep stating over and over it's all going by the book.
God’d judgement will not be the only worry for those left behind @Awoken2

Revelation 12

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

It is remarkable how an accusation of dementia can be cloaked in civility ;-)

The issue I have with regards to DL is that whatever is said is simply responded to rudely and dismissively. On this and other forums, he might have the material so write a pretty good book on Christian apologetics, though it would not follow from the responses he often gives back.

You may be the kind of person who would be happy to discuss topics with someone who responded to considered responses with short, ugly comments and regard that as conversation, but I think that would make you a minority. This lack of quality in interaction would apply even to normal conversations, but becomes a total impediment when discussing spiritual things.

We are coming into a time when people have heard the Gospel, and are choosing where they stand. If I have been at all discourteous to you or DL, I apologise. Part of it is out of frustration on my own inability to penetrate cherished defences.

Coming back round to the OP, I know that non-Christians look at me and think I’m crazy for thinking the Rapture may be immanent. The issue I have is that I wouldn’t want anyone (even those who despise me) to miss it and face what will follow. I can’t expect you to care about my reasoning, but there it is.
Jesus was rude enough to have to run from a stoning more than once.

If we are to stay in mythos and not logos, you have to identify the various players. The anti-Christ, witnesses, and I have forgotten the rest of the imaginary characters.

What are our roles, if we are to believe in your reality, good buddy?

Regards
DL

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
What are our roles, if we are to believe in your reality, good buddy?

Regards
DL
Like Pharaoh (who hardened his heart) in the Exodus account or like Nebuchadnezzar (who saw things in a new light) your role, my good Bishop is precisely the one you choose.

Perhaps there may be a period where people may change their minds as the drama unfolds, but there will come a time sooner or later where choice has passed.

Like Pharaoh (who hardened his heart) in the Exodus account or like Nebuchadnezzar (who saw things in a new light) your role, my good Bishop is precisely the one you choose.

Perhaps there may be a period where people may change their minds as the drama unfolds, but there will come a time sooner or later where choice has passed.
Please stop the buggy man thing.

You may have missed that Yahweh is the one who hardened Pharaoh's heart. The heart that was going to let the people go.

That was what allowed all of Yahweh's murders of the children for the guilt of the parents. Totally unjust by sane and moral observers.

Some see Yahweh as good, but if that is good, I would hate to have to imagine anything more evil.

Regards
DL

That’s no longer a secret and never was..
Genesis‬ ‭3:4-5‬ ‭
The serpent said to the woman, “You surely will not die! For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.​
‭‭
What do you mean and how does that quote even relate?

Regards
DL

Last edited: