Do logic and reason say that God is our servant?

JoChris

Superstar
#GodDidIt

Show me proof of Yahweh, the Volcano you worship.....
Enough Christians have done that for you already. I won't waste my time repeating what you have already rejected.
and I’ll show you proof of Gnostics reading the babble as myth.
So you can't do it, or won't do it?
If you are bored, then spend some time finding reputable information sources which back up your claims like the Gnostics read the *bible itself* as myth.

L
Do logic and reason say that God is our servant?

https://biblehub.com/matthew/20-28.htm
Even as the Son of man came not to be served, but to serve,

At the end of the day, there is no physical or real supernatural God for us to follow. If there were, then logic and reason say that if such a God wanted to be relevant to man, he would show up.

All there can be are rules and laws that we think a God would give. Men have written up many such sets of rules while lying about being inspired by God. That is basically the moral of the Moses story with his coming off the mountain, not with a God, but with rules and laws.

Man is not slaved to his laws and rules and changes them as better ones are found. We, in effect, are evolving God, defined as rules and laws, and making him better.

All people accept this except for those in religions who idol worship the older barbaric Gods, whose laws are inferior to secular law. That would include the Christian and Muslim demiurges.

Faith closes the mind. It is pure idol worship. Faith is a way to quit using your, "God given" power of Reason and Logic, and cause the faithful to embrace doctrines that moral people reject.

The God of the OT says, “Come now, and let us reason together,” [Isaiah 1:18]

How can literalists reason on God when they must ignore reason and logic and discard them when turning into literalist?

Those who are literalists can only reply somewhat in the fashion that Martin Luther did.
“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.”
“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

This attitude effectively kills all worthy communication that non-theists can have with theist. Faith closes their mind as it is pure idol worship.

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths. We cannot show our faith based friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

Do you serve God and the laws and rules of life, or do you expect the laws, rules of life and God to serve you?

Regards
DL
We should hope so because according to the god of Islam this is what you do r*pe victims

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atefeh_Sahaaleh

Of course this comes from the god of the Old Testament who says that r*pe is a crime committed by the victim as well.

Still think your God is anything but evil Muslins and Christians?

Enough Christians have done that for you already. I won't waste my time repeating what you have already rejected.

So you can't do it, or won't do it?
If you are bored, then spend some time finding reputable information sources which back up your claims like the Gnostics read the *bible itself* as myth.
No, they haven’t. You have no proof on your side. Prove e his existence to me and then prove he is anything but evil. You can not.

Brow beating Christians, trying to make us believe we are fools does a couple of things:

-Makes us so extremely grateful that we found Christ, and that He became real in our lives through a relationship. You remind us constantly that we don’t deserve our savior, so thank you for that reminder that Jesus’ love is something we could never earn, but instead it’s an extraordinary gift from a God that loves us with a purity that only He has
-Guarantees that you’re being prayed for daily by Christians, esp those of us on here. If you genuinely believe we’re fools, you can view it as wasted breath. However, the fact that you’re so invested tells me that behind that fierce front, there’s something pulling at you that you’re trying ferociously to silence. We’re made in God’s image, so we aren’t complete without Christ. That’s why so many ppl try to fill that void with any number of things and never can. It’s ironic that in y’alls quest to try and shame Christians into turning on our beliefs you’re spending time digging into the Bible and reading the scripture. God’s good like that.

A lot of people have hard hearts (I did too for a few years), so they aren’t open to even having a conversation where their defensive shields aren’t already up. I was just about to begin a fast, I’ll add y’all to my fasting prayer list and pray that He begins to reveal Himself in your lives in ways that are undeniable<3
Nah, that's not quite fair. GCB is far too dismissive of others to consider it "browbeating". Yeah, he can be rude, but if he was really browbeating, you would see him doing something such as making passive aggressive threats of hellfire for example.. just because someone is a different type of Christian (the word "christian" is in his screen name, I don't think it could be more obvious lol). just sayin

Maybe GCB would not be so rude at all if people actually answered his questions in a thoughtful manner. All I've ever witnessed is people taking his admittedly very difficult questions on religion as some sort of personal insult, which is understandable because it's like your very identity being attacked, but I'm not sure people are able to realize this is also exactly why there is such a strong need to deflect the questions every time instead of answering directly.

L

We should hope so because according to the god of Islam this is what you do r*pe victims

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atefeh_Sahaaleh

Of course this comes from the god of the Old Testament who says that r*pe is a crime committed by the victim as well.

Still think your God is anything but evil Muslins and Christians?
Shame keeps the believers away from the types of issues we point to. That ist to be expected of homophobes and misogynous characters.

Think of them as sheeple who recognize why sheeple dogs like you and I keep nipping at their immoral heels.

Bark bark.

Regards
DL

Karlysymon

Superstar
Creationist pseudoscience is the worlds biggest disinformation campaign and opened the door for “fake news”.

Gnosticism is an acceptable ethos, it promotes knowledge and understanding, it’s opposite is literalism which supports ignorance and lies, and has left a bloody scar throughout history and keeps us in the past.
In another thread,
You said:
The Bible is discredited if taken literally,........I don’t have a problem with the ethical teachings of Jesus
Since you don’t have a problem with Jesus’ ethical teachings, do you hold the appeals He makes to history/OT historicity (therefore reaffirming the authenticity of the text and it’s contents) in the same regard?

Matthew 19:3-6
The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

In the Olivet Discourse, He brings up Noah’s flood and Lot’s escape from Sin city. So, do you think He was just regaling His audience with fables? Do you think He was reading the OT scrolls too literally? Especially, in regard to man’s origins or what you call “creationist pseudoscience”, who should we believe: Col. Valerio/Darwin or Christ?

Now, before you tell me that those appeals to history were, so to speak, forced into His mouth, I will ask: how and when do you decide or know which statements of Christ are real or which ones are forgeries? Because if we evolved from apes, I don’t see what Christ had to hide/ his motivation from not stating what is supposedly an obvious fact.