Do logic and reason say that God is our servant?

TokiEl

Superstar
Do logic and reason say that God is our servant?

https://biblehub.com/matthew/20-28.htm
Even as the Son of man came not to be served, but to serve,

At the end of the day, there is no physical or real supernatural God for us to follow. If there were, then logic and reason say that if such a God wanted to be relevant to man, he would show up.
But he does show up.

And that's how i came to be a Christian... because Jesus Christ showed up when i called on him.

And that's how most become Christians... because Christ shows up.

There are thousands of testimonies from people all over the world with a personal story of how Jesus showed up in their life.

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar
You try to make Jesus as immoral as you are.

You have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil you make Jesus to keep your feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral. To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

You also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that you would teach your children to use a scapegoat to escape their just punishments and here you are doing just that.

Jesus is just a smidge less immoral than his demiurge genocidal father, and here you are trying to put him as low in moral fibre as Yahweh. Satan applauds you though as you are doing her work.

Regards
DL
Christians believe what Jesus say. Christians use the bible in context.

The soul that sinneth certainly WILL die.
You are going to pay for your sins.
You are going to die and go to Hell.

Definition of revile
transitive verb : to subject to verbal abuse : VITUPERATE
intransitive verb : to use abusive language : RAIL

rail - verb (used without object)
to utter bitter complaint or vehement denunciation (often followed by at or against):to rail at fate.

You constantly revile/rail against God, Jesus and anyone who types a word remotely pro-Christian.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor REVILERS, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Have you ever used Biblegateway website to check what you claim?

You show verses where God/ Jesus CLEARLY says that God serves/ obeys man, not the other way around.
Pfffft.

What do you have that a god would possibly want?

Nothing.

What does your god have that you want?

Everything.

Jesus' message is that your fellow man needs what humans have, not a god that cannot possibly have wants or needs. Those are weaknesses of the flesh.

That is your sin. Do not die in it.

Regards
DL

GNOSTICISM [dictionary.com]
noun Christianity.
a group of ancient heresies, stressing escape from this world through the acquisition of esoteric knowledge.

ESOTERIC KNOWLEDGE https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/esoteric

confined to and understandable by only an enlightened inner circle
“a compilation of esoteric philosophical theories”

Synonyms:abstruse, deep, recondite
difficult to penetrate; incomprehensible to one of ordinary understanding or knowledge

cabalistic, cryptic, cryptical, kabbalistic, qabalistic, sibylline
having a secret or hidden meaning

mysterious, mystic, mystical, occult, orphic, secret
having an import not apparent to the senses nor obvious to the intelligence; beyond ordinary understanding

----
Therefore Gnosticism is irrational, illogical, and not from reasoning processes attained via 5 senses, evidence etc.

Which ones do you prefer - reason or mysticism? Truth or illusion? Openness or occult meanings?
Reason does not believe that serpents and donkeys talk.
Truth is not that a genocidal and infanticidal god good. That is a Christian lie.
Openness to the notion that a good god would create a hell of a place for purposeless torture and kill instead of cure the way Jesus preached.

Your truth is a filthy lie.

Regards
DL

But he does show up.

And that's how i came to be a Christian... because Jesus Christ showed up when i called on him.

And that's how most become Christians... because Christ shows up.

There are thousands of testimonies from people all over the world with a personal story of how Jesus showed up in their life.
I bet that Jesus has said to be many colors.

Your Jesus was yours. Right?

Regards
DL

You constantly revile/rail against God, Jesus and anyone who types a word remotely pro-Christian.
Not just Christians.

Both Christianity and Islam, slave holding ideologies, have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/theft-values/

Humanity centered religions, good? Yes. Esoteric ecumenist Gnostic Christianity being the best of these.

Supernaturally based religions, evil? Yes. Islam and Christianity being the worst of these.

Regards
DL

Gnosticism is the original “acceptable ethos”...

Genesis 3

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

Would you have us remain in ignorance?

Obviously the story is metaphor for our ascension from guiltless animals to self-aware humans capable of acting beyond instinct and forming the idea of “good and evil” in the first place.

If your concept of God is correct, did he know that Eve would eat the fruit? Did he send the serpent purposely?

This begs the question why? Why allow the possibility of this horrible evil and death into existence in the first place?

Why does an all powerful being desire to be worshipped in the first place? Why wouldn’t he just show himself constantly and come down here and hang out with us? Why the test?

Last edited:
GNOSTICISM [dictionary.com]
noun Christianity.
a group of ancient heresies, stressing escape from this world through the acquisition of esoteric knowledge.

ESOTERIC KNOWLEDGE https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/esoteric

confined to and understandable by only an enlightened inner circle
“a compilation of esoteric philosophical theories”

Synonyms:abstruse, deep, recondite
difficult to penetrate; incomprehensible to one of ordinary understanding or knowledge

cabalistic, cryptic, cryptical, kabbalistic, qabalistic, sibylline
having a secret or hidden meaning

mysterious, mystic, mystical, occult, orphic, secret
having an import not apparent to the senses nor obvious to the intelligence; beyond ordinary understanding

----
Therefore Gnosticism is irrational, illogical, and not from reasoning processes attained via 5 senses, evidence etc.

Which ones do you prefer - reason or mysticism? Truth or illusion? Openness or occult meanings?

To seek any knowledge requires a basis in reason and logic, maybe there is more to it but not in the way you think. The fact that Gnostics understand myth as myth automatically makes it more logical than fundamentalist thinking which believes in talking animals, a global flood, an ark with all the animals, repopulating the planet with 8 people, giants and sea monsters or anything else that you believe actually happened.

JoChris

Superstar
Pfffft.

What do you have that a god would possibly want?
Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

What does your god have that you want?
1 John 3:21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.

Jesus' message is that your fellow man needs what humans have, not a god that cannot possibly have wants or needs. Those are weaknesses of the flesh.
Bible verse/ passages from the 4 Gospels of the [Christian] Bible where Jesus says that we get what we want from people not God.
Thanks in advance.

JoChris

Superstar
Reason does not believe that serpents and donkeys talk.
Truth is not that a genocidal and infanticidal god good. That is a Christian lie.
Openness to the notion that a good god would create a hell of a place for purposeless torture and kill instead of cure the way Jesus preached.

Your truth is a filthy lie.

Regards
DL
Reason provides evidence, not personal opinions/ speculation. An almighty God can most certainly do what you mock.

Luke 18:27 And he [Jesus] said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

JoChris

Superstar
Not just Christians.

Both Christianity and Islam, slave holding ideologies, have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/theft-values/

Humanity centered religions, good? Yes. Esoteric ecumenist Gnostic Christianity being the best of these.

Supernaturally based religions, evil? Yes. Islam and Christianity being the worst of these.

Regards
DL
You use such wide sweeping statements. Evidence from the BIBLE that Jesus/ apostles endorsed immoral teachings/ practices done by so-called Christians.

Gnostic "Christians" were most certainly not "moral" if they believed spirit was not tainted by sins committed by the flesh.
https://www.bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Topical.show/RTD/cgg/ID/66/Gnosticism.htm
One particularly disgusting sect. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpocrates

JoChris

Superstar
To seek any knowledge requires a basis in reason and logic, maybe there is more to it but not in the way you think. The fact that Gnostics understand myth as myth automatically makes it more logical than fundamentalist thinking which believes in talking animals, a global flood, an ark with all the animals, repopulating the planet with 8 people, giants and sea monsters or anything else that you believe actually happened.
God is an all-powerful, almighty being who can cause/ create/ do anything He wants to do etc.

CV, evidence that Gnostics understand myth as myth please.

Vytas

Star
Would you have us remain in ignorance?

Obviously the story is metaphor for our ascension from guiltless animals to self-aware humans capable of acting beyond instinct and forming the idea of “good and evil” in the first place.

If your concept of God is correct, did he know that Eve would eat the fruit? Did he send the serpent purposely?

This begs the question why? Why allow the possibility of this horrible evil and death into existence in the first place?

Why does an all powerful being desire to be worshipped in the first place? Why wouldn’t he just show himself constantly and come down here and hang out with us? Why the test?
I don't think our existence was possible any other way, options comes with free will.I guess God thought it thru and decided that it still worth for us to exist. Even if we fail... Besides he had a plan how to work about it in place already. Almost like He loved us or something...

Swiftturtle

Established
Brow beating Christians, trying to make us believe we are fools does a couple of things:

-Makes us so extremely grateful that we found Christ, and that He became real in our lives through a relationship. You remind us constantly that we don’t deserve our savior, so thank you for that reminder that Jesus’ love is something we could never earn, but instead it’s an extraordinary gift from a God that loves us with a purity that only He has
-Guarantees that you’re being prayed for daily by Christians, esp those of us on here. If you genuinely believe we’re fools, you can view it as wasted breath. However, the fact that you’re so invested tells me that behind that fierce front, there’s something pulling at you that you’re trying ferociously to silence. We’re made in God’s image, so we aren’t complete without Christ. That’s why so many ppl try to fill that void with any number of things and never can. It’s ironic that in y’alls quest to try and shame Christians into turning on our beliefs you’re spending time digging into the Bible and reading the scripture. God’s good like that.

A lot of people have hard hearts (I did too for a few years), so they aren’t open to even having a conversation where their defensive shields aren’t already up. I was just about to begin a fast, I’ll add y’all to my fasting prayer list and pray that He begins to reveal Himself in your lives in ways that are undeniable<3

God is an all-powerful, almighty being who can cause/ create/ do anything He wants to do etc.

CV, evidence that Gnostics understand myth as myth please.
#GodDidIt

Show me proof of Yahweh, the Volcano you worship and I’ll show you proof of Gnostics reading the babble as myth.

I don't think our existence was possible any other way, options comes with free will.I guess God thought it thru and decided that it still worth for us to exist. Even if we fail... Besides he had a plan how to work about it in place already. Almost like He loved us or something...
Your thinking is limited. You suffer from perpetual delusion.

On the contrary reality is not possible with out evolution and *maybe* evolution is not possible without *God* but maybe it is: the truth is it’s a universe of complexity that literal believers in Hebrew-Greco-Roman myth ( Christianity) will never possibly comprehend.

Regards

Last edited:
Brow beating Christians, trying to make us believe we are fools does a couple of things:

-Makes us so extremely grateful that we found Christ, and that He became real in our lives through a relationship. You remind us constantly that we don’t deserve our savior, so thank you for that reminder that Jesus’ love is something we could never earn, but instead it’s an extraordinary gift from a God that loves us with a purity that only He has
-Guarantees that you’re being prayed for daily by Christians, esp those of us on here. If you genuinely believe we’re fools, you can view it as wasted breath. However, the fact that you’re so invested tells me that behind that fierce front, there’s something pulling at you that you’re trying ferociously to silence. We’re made in God’s image, so we aren’t complete without Christ. That’s why so many ppl try to fill that void with any number of things and never can. It’s ironic that in y’alls quest to try and shame Christians into turning on our beliefs you’re spending time digging into the Bible and reading the scripture. God’s good like that.

A lot of people have hard hearts (I did too for a few years), so they aren’t open to even having a conversation where their defensive shields aren’t already up. I was just about to begin a fast, I’ll add y’all to my fasting prayer list and pray that He begins to reveal Himself in your lives in ways that are undeniable<3
I’m not trying to make you believe anything. I’m just bored , but if any good is done it will show others the folly of literalism and supernaturalism so they won’t waste their lives as slaves to a god that doesn’t exist ( or one not worthy of worship for being evil if on the off chance is does exist )

Pray all you want, it does nothing, and a neutral act is better than a negative one.

Vytas

Star
Your thinking is limited. You suffer from perpetual delusion.

On the contrary reality is not possible with evolution and *maybe* evolution is not possible without *God* but maybe it is: the truth is it’s a universe of complexity that literal believers in Hebrew-Greco-Roman myth ( Christianity) will never possibly comprehend.

Regards
Is remarks about my mental shortcomings are necessary valuable piece of your response to me or we could just skip bullshit and talk like normal people?
You seem not to be able to comprehend Christianity either. To each his own...At least I know I found what I was looking for biggest part of my life. It really is "the living water" and quenches your thirst. While for you it's somewhere in universe bunch of maybe, something abstract. For me it's my reality...
And I gave you the answer yet you ignored it...

Is remarks about my mental shortcomings are necessary valuable piece of your response to me or we could just skip bullshit and talk like normal people?
You seem not to be able to comprehend Christianity either. To each his own...At least I know I found what I was looking for biggest part of my life. It really is "the living water" and quenches your thirst. While for you it's somewhere in universe bunch of maybe, something abstract. For me it's my reality...
And I gave you the answer yet you ignored it...
As long as you have your mental shortcomings then yes it is necessary.

Hey good, glad you found something that helps you cope, just keep that shit to yourself and we won’t have any problems, you try and dictate my life by your beliefs and we will have problems.

Vytas

Star
As long as you have your mental shortcomings then yes it is necessary.

Hey good, glad you found something that helps you cope, just keep that shit to yourself and we won’t have any problems, you try and dictate my life by your beliefs and we will have problems.
So are you going now to start every response to me with it ? I'm almost scared. I don't dictate, additional options are good, and if I believe in them I will make it sound like I believe in them. Or only certain opinion can be expressed ? If I wouldn't know better I would think you trying your best to make me shut up :) Thats all you got ?