Do Christians who commit suicide go to hell?

Daze

Superstar
So your saying depressed and suicidal people failed a test? Wow please don't ever try and council mentally ill people.
The fact is mental illness is complicated and in many cases people are not in control of their actions, they cannot help being depressed or suicidal, they aren't failures for being at crisis point. Suicidal people need love, support and non judgement not lectures about how they failed life and now must be punished by a pretty cruel god.

If God truely had a plan for everyone, he made a person with a set out plan. He also created them. Then when that person can't cope with what he or she has been given that would surely be the fault of that god, not the person. But then to go on and punish them for not coping that's sick.

If a child was learning to ride a bike alone, you stood and watched them, you saw them fall over, fail, get upset and not cope. You then instead of helping them, offering advice, giving them a shoulder to lean on. You punish them for failing your a bad person and a bad parent. Same goes for a god that places a person in crisis and then punishes them for being that way.
Interesting how the atheist is always quick to blame God.

Lets face it, for the majority, lets say 99% things DO get better. Whatever the problem may be time has a way of healing all wounds. Personally I've been suicidal, though it was just over 20 years ago. Had a friend of the family not showed up I wouldn't be here and thats a fact. The car was running and I was halfway asleep. I'll spare you details because they're not relevant.

Truth is every single person upon this planet has a problem of some sort. Everyone, from that 6 year old being picked on in class to Bill Gates getting people leaving him death threats on his instagram because he's a scumbag. There is not a soul that doesn't have some issue. I know you do, i know everyone who has posted in this thread has.

Some tests are harder then others. But we all have to learn to deal with things. Sadly some find solace in a bottle, others in a case of pills, others with one night stands. Everyone is looking for peace and only One can give it. If you end your life then you've basically given up looking.

For what its worth i don't believe every suicide will end up in hell. I think it depends on the circumstances. But it really has to be a no way out situation. Say a child see's her entire family murdered, gets raped and left for dead in some war effort. If she survives and decides to end things I think she will get mercy but its not up to me.

The Almighty knows, he knows when he created you that you would go to heaven or hell, he knew when he created me that I'd end up in hell or heaven. We are here so We Know why we end up where we will. There will not be a single soul in hell and he won't know why he is there.

This post is already too long, all over a simple analogy. Why don't you go see if you can find that professor who will pass someone who leaves half their test blank?

Like it or not, this life is a test. From the moment we enter to the second we depart we are put into trial. But how's an atheist ever gonna understand that?

"Verily, in the remembrance of God does the heart find rest" (13:28 Quran)

Peace.

God will judge all of us individually including those who committed suicide. He knows us better than we know ourselves. He knows our hearts better than us. Yes people who commit suicide are in crisis for whatever reasons but some of them put themselves in that position because of their sins. A good example is of Judas who betrayed Jesus. He became so tangled up in his sin but yet was not truly repentant. He felt guilty that he even went to give back the 30 pieces of silver he'd betrayed Jesus for, but it was too late. The consequences of his actions led Jesus to be crucified. He felt hopeless and killed himself.

Another example is that of the first king of Israel, Saul. He was humble in the beginning of his reign. At first he was willing to do what God told him to do. Later he didn't care to fully obey God. He sidetracked around what God asked him to do. Saul began to make excuses and say things like, "Oh God isn't so particular. I know I shouldn't have done what I did, but what else could I do? He tried to cover up his sins by saying God isn't particular. God finally refused to talk with Saul and cut Himself off. Saul became desperate to hear from God that he went to a medium to sermon up Samuel who'd died to ask what he should do with the Philistines in battle because God no longer communicated with him. Its important to note Saul had banned all mediums in Israel because they are false prophets. God doesn't communicate through mediums, witches and the like. The false Samuel told Saul he was going to lose the battle because of his disobedience. Saul came to the place where he decided there was nothing he could do to get out of his troubles. He had seen his son, Jonathan slain in battle, so when he couldn't bare it any more, he threw himself upon his own sword and killed himself. He had thought that little sins didn't make any difference. That he didn't have to obey God completely. He got to the point where he felt hopeless (because one can't have hope when God abandons them), that suicide seemed the easiest escape for him.

These stories are in the Bible to warn us not to go down that route because its not a good ending. Both Saul and Judas took their own lives because of the choices they'd made. Any of us can end up like them if we don't surrender completely to God.
This sounds like classic excuses used by abusive partners. I only did this because I love you crap

Interesting how the atheist is always quick to blame God.

Lets face it, for the majority, lets say 99% things DO get better. Whatever the problem may be time has a way of healing all wounds. Personally I've been suicidal, though it was just over 20 years ago. Had a friend of the family not showed up I wouldn't be here and thats a fact. The car was running and I was halfway asleep. I'll spare you details because they're not relevant.

Truth is every single person upon this planet has a problem of some sort. Everyone, from that 6 year old being picked on in class to Bill Gates getting people leaving him death threats on his instagram because he's a scumbag. There is not a soul that doesn't have some issue. I know you do, i know everyone who has posted in this thread has.

Some tests are harder then others. But we all have to learn to deal with things. Sadly some find solace in a bottle, others in a case of pills, others with one night stands. Everyone is looking for peace and only One can give it. If you end your life then you've basically given up looking.

For what its worth i don't believe every suicide will end up in hell. I think it depends on the circumstances. But it really has to be a no way out situation. Say a child see's her entire family murdered, gets raped and left for dead in some war effort. If she survives and decides to end things I think she will get mercy but its not up to me.

The Almighty knows, he knows when he created you that you would go to heaven or hell, he knew when he created me that I'd end up in hell or heaven. We are here so We Know why we end up where we will. There will not be a single soul in hell and he won't know why he is there.

This post is already too long, all over a simple analogy. Why don't you go see if you can find that professor who will pass someone who leaves half their test blank?

Like it or not, this life is a test. From the moment we enter to the second we depart we are put into trial. But how's an atheist ever gonna understand that?

"Verily, in the remembrance of God does the heart find rest" (13:28 Quran)

Peace.
The point is yes it does get better but when a person is in crisis, meaning they are suicidal they don't see that, they are in so much pain they want it to end be it mentally or physically and for a god to condemn and abuse them for that, he or she is an evil evil being.

Daze

Superstar
The point is yes it does get better but when a person is in crisis, meaning they are suicidal they don't see that, they are in so much pain they want it to end be it mentally or physically and for a god to condemn and abuse them for that, he or she is an evil evil being.
God is not a cruel being. While you reject it, he is thee source of everything. Your job, family, food, shelter, hearing, eyesight, everything you can possibly think of that has any benefit comes from the Almighty. Now he gives you these things daily even though you deny his existence. This is the opposite of cruel, is it not?

I'll try to keep it brief but we were created to see who is best in deed. Who will care for the orphan, who will feed the homeless, ect. ect. The Almighty makes this clear in surah mulk.

[He] who created death and life to test you [as to] which of you is best in deed (67:2 Quran)

A born Muslim once asked me why God allows so much evil in the world. I said to him, If evil didn't exist how would you know what good was? Sadly everyone suffers at some point but none are given more then what they can handle.

God does not burden any soul with more than it can bear: (2:286 Quran)

Also, note the Almighty promises after hardship comes ease.

Indeed, with hardship [will be] ease. (94:6 Quran)

Yes, i know alot of this is pointless because you don't believe to begin with. But everything has a purpose. There is a reason behind it. None of what you see was created in vain.

We are here to be tried. Sadly, many won't realize this until they are raised on judgement day, after the test has ended.

If people turned to their Creator, they'd find all of their problems just... disappear.

mercy.jpg

Wigi

Veteran
There is a philosophical contradiction in wishing things to get better and accepting that life has no meaning because there is no God. When painful experience comes how you're going to find a meaning in all that if you cant turn to Him? What strength will ask you to continue though it's difficult? People should seek help of course but human help isnt enough honestly.

It's statistically proven that non-believer are more likely to commit suicide not necessarily because life is 'harder' but because ignoring the Maker of life make it's way more easier to reject life itself the moment when well being is absent.

"But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint."
Isaiah 40:31

Last edited:
God is not a cruel being. While you reject it, he is thee source of everything. Your job, family, food, shelter, hearing, eyesight, everything you can possibly think of that has any benefit comes from the Almighty. Now he gives you these things daily even though you deny his existence. This is the opposite of cruel, is it not?

I'll try to keep it brief but we were created to see who is best in deed. Who will care for the orphan, who will feed the homeless, ect. ect. The Almighty makes this clear in surah mulk.

[He] who created death and life to test you [as to] which of you is best in deed (67:2 Quran)

A born Muslim once asked me why God allows so much evil in the world. I said to him, If evil didn't exist how would you know what good was? Sadly everyone suffers at some point but none are given more then what they can handle.

God does not burden any soul with more than it can bear: (2:286 Quran)

Also, note the Almighty promises after hardship comes ease.

Indeed, with hardship [will be] ease. (94:6 Quran)

Yes, i know alot of this is pointless because you don't believe to begin with. But everything has a purpose. There is a reason behind it. None of what you see was created in vain.

We are here to be tried. Sadly, many won't realize this until they are raised on judgement day, after the test has ended.

If people turned to their Creator, they'd find all of their problems just... disappear.

View attachment 54022
God's not cruel but he will condemn seriously ill people for something they can't help.
God's not cruel but he creates disease, illness, child cancer, bugs whose entire existence is to bore into the back of children's eyes.
He's not cruel but he condemns people for how he created them.
He's not cruel but he happily sits back and watches people kill each other over which is the best version of his story, when he could easily stop it.
Yeah the guys a real champion

There is a philosophical contradiction in wishing things to get better and accepting that life has no meaning because there is no God. When painful experience comes how you're going to find a meaning in all that if you cant turn to Him? What strength will ask you to continue though it's difficult? People should seek help of course but human help isnt enough honestly.

It's statistically proven that non-believer are more likely to commit suicide not necessarily because life is 'harder' but because ignoring the Maker of life make it's way more easier to reject life itself the moment when well being is absent.

"But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint."
Isaiah 40:31
When did I say there was no meaning. This is the same argument that athiests don't know right from wrong. Life has plenty of meaning for me, i don't need a deity to have that. If fact I'm why more free knowing I don't have worry about being being upset I did something he finds displeasing.

phipps

Star
This sounds like classic excuses used by abusive partners. I only did this because I love you crap
How is it excuses to say that each individual case of suicide is different and some people put themselves in that position because of their choices as we clearly see in both examples of Saul and Judas. Not all those who commit suicide are innocent, were pushed or have mental issues and don't know what they are doing. Some do it out of guilt, because of their own sins and bad choices.

God created us with free will. He told us what the consequences of sin are and what to do to avoid sinning because it causes untold suffering, pain and death (in this world and eternally). Its up to us to choose which path to take. God will judge us on the choices we made whether you believe in Him or not. This is a fact no one can change.

You are very wrong in your statement.

Tidal

Star
The fact is mental illness is complicated and in many cases people are not in control of their actions, they cannot help being depressed or suicidal..
Perhaps they can help themselves by adopting a different mindset, or becoming christians to lift them out of the mire.

Maldarker

Star
You're funny. But that's a bit ambiguous.

If I targeted you with lightning, that's like trauma bonding. So that's typically not what I try to do. Like that's far too direct, and dangerous. But it's still better having me do it than anyone else.

For further detail, you need to have some knowledge of a game called "chess". I target a chessboard, and the lightning moves the pieces around. That way, nobody's brain gets fried, and they are none the wiser.

On that note. Keep your eyes open.
I'm grounded and shielded against lighting so no worries!

Maldarker

Star
God will judge all of us individually including those who committed suicide. He knows us better than we know ourselves. He knows our hearts better than us. Yes people who commit suicide are in crisis for whatever reasons but some of them put themselves in that position because of their sins. A good example is of Judas who betrayed Jesus. He became so tangled up in his sin but yet was not truly repentant. He felt guilty that he even went to give back the 30 pieces of silver he'd betrayed Jesus for, but it was too late. The consequences of his actions led Jesus to be crucified. He felt hopeless and killed himself.

Another example is that of the first king of Israel, Saul. He was humble in the beginning of his reign. At first he was willing to do what God told him to do. Later he didn't care to fully obey God. He sidetracked around what God asked him to do. Saul began to make excuses and say things like, "Oh God isn't so particular. I know I shouldn't have done what I did, but what else could I do? He tried to cover up his sins by saying God isn't particular. God finally refused to talk with Saul and cut Himself off. Saul became desperate to hear from God that he went to a medium to sermon up Samuel who'd died to ask what he should do with the Philistines in battle because God no longer communicated with him. Its important to note Saul had banned all mediums in Israel because they are false prophets. God doesn't communicate through mediums, witches and the like. The false Samuel told Saul he was going to lose the battle because of his disobedience. Saul came to the place where he decided there was nothing he could do to get out of his troubles. He had seen his son, Jonathan slain in battle, so when he couldn't bare it any more, he threw himself upon his own sword and killed himself. He had thought that little sins didn't make any difference. That he didn't have to obey God completely. He got to the point where he felt hopeless (because one can't have hope when God abandons them), that suicide seemed the easiest escape for him.

These stories are in the Bible to warn us not to go down that route because its not a good ending. Both Saul and Judas took their own lives because of the choices they'd made. Any of us can end up like them if we don't surrender completely to God.
Where does it say a false samuel was summoned?

How is it excuses to say that each individual case of suicide is different and some people put themselves in that position because of their choices as we clearly see in both examples of Saul and Judas. Not all those who commit suicide are innocent, were pushed or have mental issues and don't know what they are doing. Some do it out of guilt, because of their own sins and bad choices.

God created us with free will. He told us what the consequences of sin are and what to do to avoid sinning because it causes untold suffering, pain and death (in this world and eternally). Its up to us to choose which path to take. God will judge us on the choices we made whether you believe in Him or not. This is a fact no one can change.

You are very wrong in your statement.
So some people deserve to be punished for making mistakes? I thought Jesus said he without sin can cast the first stone? So which is it. Make mistakes go to hell or mistakes are ok?

Also god gave you free will and then punishes you for using it. That's a very disfunctional and abusive relationship your in there.

Also how do you know your god is the right god? There's so many what happens if the one your obeying is the fake one?

Perhaps they can help themselves by adopting a different mindset, or becoming christians to lift them out of the mire.
So no Christian has ever been suicidal, depressed or unhappy? Mental illness, money troubles, homelessness, disease, all things that can lead to depression just magically disappears when you become Christian.

But which sect of Christianity? The Mormons, Catholics, protestants, Jehovah witnesses, there's so many different versions of Christianity and non of you guys can agree with each other, even the ones who are in the same sect.

Mental illness is not a mind set it's an illness just like any other. People cannot help being ill and just being happy or joining a cult/sect is not the answer it's a band aid on a gaping wound.

A Freeman

Superstar
God's not cruel but he will condemn seriously ill people for something they can't help.
God's not cruel but he creates disease, illness, child cancer, bugs whose entire existence is to bore into the back of children's eyes.
He's not cruel but he condemns people for how he created them.
He's not cruel but he happily sits back and watches people kill each other over which is the best version of his story, when he could easily stop it.
Yeah the guys a real champion
We are human+Beings that are presently in hell, aka planet Earth. The list above that you've shared of the sicknesses and sick things we do to each other is proof of that fact.

Everyone understands the mortal human-animal part of that union, because they can physically see it in the mirror. But what about the immortal spirit-Being (Soul)?

The fact is we are SOULS (spirit-Beings) that are TEMPORARILY incarnating these human animal bodies we see in the mirror. We are NOT the human-animal, even though while inside one of these bodies we feel what it feels. The reason we have been placed inside of human-animal bodies is because we acted like animals while in our free (spiritual) state, and tried to murder our siblings and Father/Creator (God, The King Ruler of the Universe) in a coup attempt. He subsequently had all of us rounded up and banished to this prison reform school for the criminally insane (Earth) to teach us how to be good.

Father (God) then provided us with all of the tools required and left us with our free-will to choose between good/truth and evil/lies (Deut. 30:15-20). Unfortunately, most of the inmates here prefer the lies to the truth (Isa. 30:8-15), as evidenced by our infatuation with corporate fictional governments, corporate fictional organized religions, corporate fictional policing agencies, corporate fictional legal system and courts, the corporate fictional Babylonian market system and corporate fictional medical and pharmaceutical industries, etc., ALL of which are strictly prohibited by Father (God, our Creator) under His Law.

We were given The Law to protect us from all of this evil and to set and keep us free. But instead of following it to our individual and collective benefit, we have chosen -- of our own free-will -- to bring all of this evil upon us.

So everything in/on your list is OUR fault, NOT God's.

WE have chosen not to follow THE PERFECT HEALTHY DIET, and stay away from pharmaceutical poisons/witch's brew/potions and the witch doctors that adminster them, and then wonder why we become seriously ill, before blaming it on God.

WE have chosen to condemn ourselves with our totally insane and unsustainable lifestyles, allowing every filth to fill our minds, our bodies, our lives and the entire world (which we are destroying), despite God warning us and giving us thousands of years and many human lifetimes to come to our senses.

WE have chosen to then inflict all of these totally unnecessary horrors on our children, raising them up to be the same or worse than we ourselves have been.

And then WE choose to blame God for the very problems and illnesses, theft, poverty, crime and murder, and the pain and suffering that He warned us we would occur IF we chose to disobey Him, by refusing to learn how to play nicely with others.

Under The Law that God gave us, it is a capital offense to worship any of these corporate fictions, which are poisoning our bodies and minds (souls) for profit. IF we kept and enforced His Law -- and His Law ONLY -- there would be no more corporate fictions, no more poverty, no more crime (most of which is caused by poverty), no more r*pe, no more abominable immorality, no more child molestation, no more child trafficking, and no more whining about how God let all of this evil happen to us, which is just another LIE we tell ourselves to make us feel better about the sick choices we've made.

This world has been ALLOWED to get to this point to show us our own insanity. We actually thought we could run this universe better than our Creator, which proves just how arrogant and ignorant we really are (those two always go hand-in-hand), given we cannot even manage this one tiny planet, much less the entire universe.

We are merely reaping what we've sown (perfect karma/divine justice - Gal. 6:7).

A Freeman

Superstar
People ask if someone who commits suicide goes to "hell", because they actually have no idea of who our Creator really is, or how loving, merciful, and long-suffering He really is. We are literally being destroyed for lack of knowledge of Him and His Perfect Law of Liberty, which is what defines what is right and wrong in God's Eyes.

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of My Knowledge: because thou hast rejected My Knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to Me: seeing thou hast forgotten The Law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Suicide is the spirit-Being (Soul) deciding to end the life of the human animal it is presently living inside of, because it is too cowardly to face the present moment in time WITH God. It arrogantly believes it has the right to destroy something God gave it for its own beneft, and ignorantly believes this is somehow a means of escaping this place (Earth/hell) when, in reality, it will find itself right back here on Earth/in hell, only this time in a more challenging human body, as punishment for the arrogance/ignorance it displayed in its former human life.

It's understandable that people wouldn't want to be on this planet anymore after witnessing and getting a true impression of just how evil most really are. But giving in to fear about what others MAY think, or what the future MAY hold is yet again choosing to believe in LIES rather than in the truth that good will always eventually triumph over evil.

The difficulty with this life-cycle process (yes, reincarnation is an irrefutable fact) is we are all rapidly running out of time. There will be a day of reckoning (Judgment Day -- soon) and we all will be held accountable for our own actions, including the so-called leaders of church (syngagogue, mosque, temple, etc.) and state (governments, etc.).

This could have been the Kingdom of heaven on Earth if we had only kept The Law. But instead it has been turned into the hell that it is, because of the free-will choices each of us have made.

Tidal

Star
So no Christian has ever been suicidal, depressed or unhappy? Mental illness, money troubles, homelessness, disease, all things that can lead to depression just magically disappears when you become Christian.
But which sect of Christianity? The Mormons, Catholics, protestants, Jehovah witnesses, there's so many different versions of Christianity and non of you guys can agree with each other, even the ones who are in the same sect.
Mental illness is not a mind set it's an illness just like any other. People cannot help being ill and just being happy or joining a cult/sect is not the answer it's a band aid on a gaping wound.

1- Christians are not immune to getting hit by depression etc, but they know how to roll with the punch because they regard life on earth as just a temporary unimportant thing and not to be taken seriously, so their mindsets are not shackled to the material world-
"We look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporary but the things which are not seen are eternal" (2 Cor 4:18)
That's why christians are generally cool, calm, and goodnatured..:)

2- Forget different christian sects (like I do) because we don't need them to do our thinking for us, just stick with Jesus himself who said-
"Call nobody teacher except me" (Matt 23:8-10)
and people quickly cottoned on-
"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith" (Hebrews 12:2)
"There is one mediator between God and men, the man Jesus Christ" (1 Tim 2:5)

Tidal

Star
A strong Christian mindset acts like shock absorbers, whereas nonchristians are like wagons without springs, jolted by every pebble on life's road which makes them jumpy and irritable.

Maldarker

Star
You do know the OT prophets went through bouts of depression feels of hopelessness its the human condition what did GOD do to them? It's the corruption in the Operating system. Do people who commit suicide go to hell if saved...Here's the answer it's not up to us to decide we don''t know that persons heart or mind.

phipps

Star
Where does it say a false samuel was summoned?
The Bible doesn't say a false Samuel (that is me), but if we know what the Bible says about death, there is no way Saul was talking to the real Samuel. The Bible says when a person dies, they are unconscious. They know nothing and everything they did on earth has perished and they will never ever do anything again on earth, "The living know that they will die; but the dead know nothing, and they have no more reward, for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, their hatred, and their envy have now perished; nevermore will they have a share in anything done under the sun. … There is no work or device or knowledge or wisdom in the grave where you are going” (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, 10). “The dead do not praise the Lord” (Psalm 115:17).

The dead cannot contact or communicate with the living nor do they know what the living are doing. They are dead. Their thoughts have perished (Job 14:12, 21, Ecclesiastes 9:6, Psalm 146:4).

Whoever the medium summoned was not Samuel because he was dead. It was an evil spirit or angel. This is my opinion because its not written in the Bible, I think it was Satan himself the medium summoned. Satan knew God had stopped communicating with Saul, that means the Holy spirit had deserted him which in the Bible Jesus called the unpardonable sin. Jesus said, "Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come” (Matthew 12:31-32).

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is the constant resisting of the drawing love of God’s Spirit, so much so that you lose the capacity to hear the Holy Spirit’s voice. This is also called “grieving away” the Holy Spirit too. Paul says “And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption" (Ephesians 4:30), meaning we can permanently grieve away the Holy Spirit. Without the Holy Spirit a person loses the capacity to repent, and therefore cannot be saved. It is for this sin that a person cannot be forgiven, because they have rejected the Spirit that convicts of sin (John 16:8). Saul had grieved away the Holy spirit by constantly disobeying God over a period of time until God (the Holy Spirit is God) cut contact with him.

Satan knew Saul was doomed and told him so through the medium. Mediums do not summon dead people because its impossible to do that, they summon evil spirits. God has never had anything good to say about mediums, witches and others with “familiar spirits” who claimed to be able to contact the dead. In the Old Testament God ordered that they should be stoned to death (Leviticus 20:27).

Last edited:

Maldarker

Star
Agreed! just wanted your view point on it. Cuz here is mine. I think GOD did allow samuel to talk to Saul. The women said with a loud voice y have u deceived me. I think she was just thinking i'm going to BS him with her spirits or just lie to him and GOD allowed the actual spirit of Samuel was allowed to appear and he got the riot act from GOD's prophet. Sad thing is if he repented (imo) i think GOD would have forgiven him, but we see what happens when pride and fear take over and replace hope and security in GOD. just my take. I do see yours also.