Do all religions lead us to God?

Daze

Superstar
John reiterates the concept of Jesus’ deity: “The Word [Jesus] was God” and “the Word became flesh” (John 1:1, 14). These verses clearly indicate that Jesus is God in the flesh.
If it was clear there would be no such thing as a Unitarian Christian. While we have several here. Tidal and Todd and Orwells mentor for starters.

By Myself i can do nothing (John 5:30)

This verse clearly indicates Jesus is not god as God needs no one.

Acts 20:28 tells us, “Be shepherds of the church of God, which He bought with His own blood.” Who bought the church with His own blood? Jesus Christ. And this same verse declares that God purchased His church with His own blood. Therefore, Jesus is God.
Jesus didn't die. He's coming back right? Then how can he be dead?

That verse isn't as clear as your previous one. But here's a clear rebuttal to it all the same.

My God, My God, why have you forsaken me? (Matthew 27:46)

Please interpret this for us. Is Jesus bipolar or?

You say "clear indications" but there is no verse where Jesus specifically says "I am god", Nor does he even ask for worship. Why doesn't Jesus ever say "pray to me", worship me"?

I mean when we read the Bible we see Jesus himself worshiping God..

One of those days Jesus went out to a mountainside to pray, and spent the night praying to God. (Luke 6:12)

Why do you worship the worshiper?

What do you think will happen to the man who calls Noah his god and spends his entire life worshiping him?
Serious question. As there is only 1 Creator which means everything else is creation.

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
Muslims must put away the quran and pick up the Bible if they want to read the inspired writings of God.

There they would see the prophecy about a fallen heavenly being aka an angel playing God on the Temple mount.

Isaiah 14 12How you have fallen from heaven,

O day star, son of the dawn!

You have been cut down to the ground,

O destroyer of nations.

13You said in your heart:

“I will ascend to the heavens;

I will raise my throne above the stars of God.

I will sit on the mount of assembly, in the far reaches of the north.

14I will ascend above the tops of the clouds;

I will make myself like the Most High.”

I will sit on the mount of assembly, in the far reaches of the north.

That's the Temple mount. There he will have temple and pretend to be God.

TokiEl

Superstar
Who is the great pretender who pretends to be God on the Temple mount ?

Here he is....

Luke 4 5 Then the devil, taking Him up on a high mountain, showed Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. 6 And the devil said to Him, “All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish. 7 Therefore, if You will worship before me, all will be Yours.”

8 And Jesus answered and said to him, “Get behind Me, Satan!

TokiEl

Superstar
Did Jesus claim to be God ?

Duh that's why He was killed !

John 10 31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. 32 Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?”

33 The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

When Moses asked God who shall i say sent me... God said say I AM sent you.

John 8 58 Jesus said to them, “Truly truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

Jesus Christ is truly truly God.

You just don't understand that yourself is made up of a triune nature... just like God.

Lucy

Star
If it was clear there would be no such thing as a Unitarian Christian. While we have several here. Tidal and Todd and Orwells mentor for starters.
There are many false churches and religions.

Serious question. As there is only 1 Creator which means everything else is creation.
John 1:3

“All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made.”

Tidal

Star

Nah mate I've said before I don't belong to any organised religion and don't go to church because I don't need them to do my thinking for me..:)-
Jesus said "You have one teacher, me" (Matt 23:10)

Daze

Superstar
John 1:3

“All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made.”
We're supposed to pretend Jesus's name is there?

Why do you ignore my questions? Why do you worship one who bows before the Almighty and what do you think will happen to the person who spent their entire life in violation of the first commandment?

If only we had something clear we could grab onto, like..

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified
his servant Jesus. (Acts 3:13)

Last edited:

Daze

Superstar
Nah mate I've said before I don't belong to any organised religion and don't go to church because I don't need them to do my thinking for me..:)-
Jesus said "You have one teacher, me" (Matt 23:10)
You say Jesus isn't god and claim to be a Christian. That alone proves my point.

If you're saying something different today i can easily screenshot one of your old posts and use it, so post whatever you fancy Tidal.

Tidal

Star
You say Jesus isn't god and claim to be a Christian. That alone proves my point.

You must have got me mixed up with somebody else mate, I've never ever said Jesus was God for the simple reason he himself said multiple times that he wasn't..:)
Here's just one verse that clinches it-
"A certain ruler asked him, “Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
“Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered, “No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)

Lucy

Star
We're supposed to pretend Jesus's name is there?

Why do you ignore my questions? Why do you worship one who bows before the Almighty and what do you think will happen to the person who spent their entire life in violation of the first commandment?

If only we had something clear we could grab onto, like..

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus. (Acts 3:13)
Daze. I'm not here to debate you.
My point was to Tidal that he should not call himself a Christian if he does not believe Jesus is God the Son.

You do not believe that Jesus is God the Son.
I do.
Someday every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord.

Let us move on
We will never agree.
I have only Love for my fellow members on here and wish to move on

Tidal

Star
My point was to Tidal that he should not call himself a Christian if he does not believe Jesus is God the Son.

What on earth does "God the Son" mean?
As for calling me a nonchristian, be careful or it's the naughty step for you..:)
Jesus said- "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned" (Luke 6:37)

Daze

Superstar
Daze. I'm not here to debate you.

You do not believe that Jesus is God the Son.
I do.
Someday every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord.

Let us move on
We will never agree.
I have only Love for my fellow members on here and wish to move on
It's not a debate, its about calling to the truth. This is the problem with trying to open someones eyes, so many see it as some form of a game. One of us has nothing to win here while the other has everything to lose.

Which is the greater kindness, granting your wishes or letting you have whatever bliss it is now only to suffer for all eternity? Do you think the guy out there worshiping a tree is getting into heaven? How about the one calling a rock his "Lord and savior"? There is no difference if you worship the prophets as its all creation.

Why do you refuse to ask God for guidance? The one you claim to worship, calls the one you actually worship his servant in your book. We both know servant is a nice way of saying slave. This is reiterated over and over in the Bible every time Jesus prays, even depicted in some verses as falling on his face in submission.

The example of Jesus to God is that of Adam.

TokiEl

Superstar
Why do you refuse to ask God for guidance? The one you claim to worship, calls the one you actually worship his servant in your book.
Matthew 3 13At that time Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. 14But John tried to prevent Him, saying, “I need to be baptized by You, and do You come to me?”

15“Let it be so now,” Jesus replied. “It is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness in this way.” Then John permitted Him.

16As soon as Jesus was baptized, He went up out of the water. Suddenly the heavens were opened,d and He sawe the Spirit of God descending like a dove and resting on Him. 17And a voice from heaven said, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased!”

Jesus is called a lot of things in the Bible...like the Son of God and the Word of God etc etc...

You pick the verses which call Him servant and ignore the verses which call him God.

And you ignore Jesus own claim to be the I AM who is God.

God is also called a man in the Bible.

Genesis 18 1Then the LORD appeared to Abraham by the Oaksa of Mamre in the heat of the day, while he was sitting at the entrance of his tent. 2And Abraham looked up and saw three men standing nearby. When he saw them, he ran from the entrance of his tent to meet them and bowed low to the ground.

So according to your logic God must be a man and not God.

You have any idea of how silly you sound ?

SnowFall

Veteran
Did Jesus claim to be God ?

Duh that's why He was killed !

John 10 31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. 32 Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?”

33 The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

When Moses asked God who shall i say sent me... God said say I AM sent you.

John 8 58 Jesus said to them, “Truly truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

Jesus Christ is truly truly God.

You just don't understand that yourself is made up of a triune nature... just like God.
But don’t forget, the Moslems don’t even believe Christ died on the Cross

Daze

Superstar
But don’t forget, the Moslems don’t even believe Christ died on the Cross
Thats correct. Whats interesting is you do believe he died.. and somehow he is coming back.

A user made a post here somewhat recently about how Jesus's resurrection is closely tied to paganism. I'm pretty sure it was a Christian. Vmort?

Still, i have several threads on the interminglinig of Christianity and paganism. This is actually an in depth topic as the two are practically intertwined. Would you like to discuss as you post in the thread of a user who says Mary is dead?

SnowFall

Veteran
Thats correct. Whats interesting is you do believe he died.. and somehow he is coming back.

A user made a post here somewhat recently about how Jesus's resurrection is closely tied to paganism. I'm pretty sure it was a Christian. Vmort?

Still, i have several threads on the interminglinig of Christianity and paganism. This is actually an in depth topic as the two are practically intertwined. Would you like to discuss as you post in the thread of a user who says Mary is dead?
Christ did die on the Cross, for our sins no less.
Daze, Christianity and Paganism is two very different things. If you look close enough you’d see similarities between Islam and paganism too.

similarities doesn’t equal same.

I don’t think there’s much point us discussing it really, we both are very set in our faiths and I don’t think further debate will prove fruitful.

Last edited:

Daze

Superstar
Christ did die on the Cross, for our sins no less.

They say, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain. (4:157 Quran)

Daze, Christianity and Paganism is two very different things. If you look close enough you’d see similarities between Islam and paganism too.

similarities doesn’t equal same.

I don’t think there’s much point us discussing it really, we both are very set in our faiths and I don’t further debate will prove fruitful.
I would very much like to discuss it. Especially the parts where you claim paganism in Islam.

When i say paganism and Christianity, i literally mean intertwined. Its common knowledge when Christianity was entertaining new converts they were allowed to keep old beliefs and these eventually became Christian practice. Easter is a perfect example of this. A pagan day dealing with what?... the resurrection of Jesus. I actually have a thread on this.

Feel free to bump it as i don't (didn't) plan to post in it again until next Easter. Drawing attention to the fact that the day moves, because its not celebration of a prophets death, its celebration of the spring equinox.. i. e. pagan.

We can talk about X-mas if you like. Valentines day, Halloween, any of the Holy-days here in the Christian west.

I also have a thread on triune gods, which was pretty common back then, you know, amongst pagans.

I'm sure you will take offence, but none the less, these are factual statements.

SnowFall

Veteran
They say, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain. (4:157 Quran)

I would very much like to discuss it. Especially the parts where you claim paganism in Islam.

When i say paganism and Christianity, i literally mean intertwined. Its common knowledge when Christianity was entertaining new converts they were allowed to keep old beliefs and these eventually became Christian practice. Easter is a perfect example of this. A pagan day dealing with what?... the resurrection of Jesus. I actually have a thread on this.

Feel free to bump it as i don't (didn't) plan to post in it again until next Easter. Drawing attention to the fact that the day moves, because its not celebration of a prophets death, its celebration of the spring equinox.. i. e. pagan.

We can talk about X-mas if you like. Valentines day, Halloween, any of the Holy-days here in the Christian west.

I also have a thread on triune gods, which was pretty common back then, you know, amongst pagans.

I'm sure you will take offence, but none the less, these are factual statements.
Why don’t you take a look at this first?

Jesus is Krishna. Didn't you know?

"When goodness grows weak,
When evil increases,
I make myself a body.
In every age I come back
To deliver the holy,
To destroy the sin of the sinner,
To establish righteousness."
Krishna, Bhagavad Gita
"you should go see a doctor"

-I think Jesus was a blue god. Guy

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
"you should go see a doctor"

-I think Jesus was a blue god. Guy
In Job 9, arguably the oldest book of the Bible, this is Job’s lament…

32“For He is not a man, as I am,
That
I may answer Him,
And that we should go to court together.
33Nor is there any mediator between us,
Who may lay his hand on us both.
34Let Him take His rod away from me,
And do not let dread of Him terrify me.
35Then I would speak and not fear Him,
But it is not so with me.