Do all religions lead us to God?

Tidal

Star
"Me thinks thou doth protest too much."
"The fanatic is always concealing a secret doubt." John le Carre
Logic it out mate, every founder of every other religion is a corpse in a box somewhere but Jesus is not, spot the difference?..:)

Alanantic

Star
Logic it out mate, every founder of every other religion is a corpse in a box somewhere but Jesus is not, spot the difference?..:)
Jesus is Krishna. Didn't you know?

"When goodness grows weak,
When evil increases,
I make myself a body.
In every age I come back
To deliver the holy,
To destroy the sin of the sinner,
To establish righteousness."
Krishna, Bhagavad Gita

Tidal

Star
Jesus is Krishna. Didn't you know?

"When goodness grows weak,
When evil increases,
I make myself a body.
In every age I come back
To deliver the holy,
To destroy the sin of the sinner,
To establish righteousness."
Krishna, Bhagavad Gita

Hindu Krishna looks like a tranny, so I doubt if he's Jesus..;)

Anyway Hinduism is a no-no because it treats some people like muck-

I think I like Jesus's approach better..:)

1- "Just you stick with me chum"
2- "Thanks JC, you're my main man"
3- "Hey carpenter bloke, why do you talk to riffraff like him?"
4- "If you're looking for trouble you came to the right place Charlie!"
5- "You jewish numbnuts!"
6- "On yer bikes!"

Last edited:

Tidal

Star
Topic title- Do all religions lead us to God?
------------------------------------------------------------------

No way hozay..:)
Some people believe that, notably 'Universalists' and their congregation consists of christians, hindus, muslims, quakers, buddhists, jews, sikhs etc.
Their "churches" are therefore like seething cauldrons in Macbeth-

AdjeYen

Established
It’s been a while Saracen, but I’m back now.

1. once again, there is no contradiction in the Holy Bible, only people ignorantly misunderstanding it. Here’s the answer to your argumenthttps://answersingenesis.org/who-is-god/face-to-face/

2. the Holy Trinity isn’t a contradiction at all and it is absolutely consistent.

3. there are three major forms of Christianity, Catholicism, Orthodox and Protestant. Catholicism has the only claim to the early church as it comes from st Peter. Thethee bunch of Christian sects come from Protestant splinter groups, which are heretical.

4.https://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-pray-God.html also Jesus had to fulfil the prophecies on earth

5.God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are One God, three persons.
https://www.stbensduluth.org/blog/fr-joel-hastings/why-does-jesus-say-he-is-forsaken also Christ cried out “why have you forsaken me?” To fulfil the mission and suffer for our sins. Everything from the mental and emotional suffering in the garden, the the physical torture and suffering to hopelessness and sorrow he felt were part of the price to be paid for the sins of the world. This is why Christ said “it is accomplished” afterwards.

6. I think you mean Son of God Jesus Christ.
I’ve already given you scripture that says Christ and God are one and the same.

7. No it takes much ignorance and lies taught by a heretical group (like Islam) to misunderstand

Christ the son came to earth to fulfil the laws and the prophecies and died on the Cross as a sacrifice for the sins of the whole world. He allowed himself to be crucified for when St. Peter told Christ to flee because of him being killed he said “But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art a stumbling-block unto me: for thou mindest not the things of God, but the things of men.”
Christ shed his blood for us and then by his own power rose from the dead three days later.

8. The Holy Virgin Mary is the Mother of God for she carried and gave birth to Christ the Son. She is also the ark of the new covenant and the bridge between God and men.

9. you don’t need a priest to be connected to God in Catholicism either

10. Does he worship the statue? If so he’d be an idolater. If he called anyone but God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit a God he’d be a heretic.

of course, it’s a sin to worship prophets, it’s just a good job Catholics only worship God.

11. show me these “proofs” of Islam and I’ll show you the falsehoods and lies of Islam.

12. On the contrary, I’d say Muslims NEED to convert to Catholicism. The only Catholics who would convert to Islam would be worldly and unbelieving ones.

You need to repent, convert and pray the Rosary my friend and leave the lies of the heretic Mohammad behind, for as St. Louis De Montfort says in his book True Devotion to Mary:
“God, then, wishes to reveal and discover Mary, the masterpiece of His hands, in these latter times:
§ 1. Because she hid herself in this world, and put herself lower than the dust by her profound humility, having obtained of God and of His Apostles and Evangelists that she should not be made manifest.
§ 2. Because, being the masterpiece of the hands of God, as well here below by grace as in heaven by glory, He wishes to be glorified and praised in her by those who are living upon the earth.
§ 3. As she is the aurora which precedes and discovers the Sun of Justice, who is Jesus Christ, she ought to be recognised and perceived, in order that Jesus Christ may be so.
§ 4. Being the way by which Jesus Christ came to us the first time, she will also be the way by which He will come the second time, though not in the same manner.
§ 5. Being the sure means and the straight and immaculate way to go to Jesus Christ, and to find Him perfectly, it is by her that the holy souls, who are to shine forth especially in sanctity, have to find our Lord. He who shall find Mary shall find life; that is, Jesus Christ, who is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. But no one can find Mary who does not seek her; and no one can seek her, who does not know her: for we cannot seek or desire an unknown object. It is necessary, then, for the greater knowledge and glory of the Most Holy Trinity, that Mary should be more known than ever.
§ 6. Mary must shine forth more than ever in mercy, in might, and in grace, in these latter times: in mercy, to bring back and lovingly receive the poor strayed sinners who shall be converted and shall return to the Catholic Church; in might, against the enemies of God, idolaters, schismatics, Mahometans (Islam), Jews, and souls hardened in impiety, who shall rise in terrible revolt against God to seduce all those who shall be contrary to them, and to make them fall by promises and threats; and, finally, she must shine forth in grace, in order to animate and sustain the valiant soldiers and faithful servants of Jesus Christ, who shall do battle for His interests.
§ 7. And, lastly, Mary must be terrible to the devil and his crew, as an army ranged in battle, principally in these latter times, because the devil, knowing that he has but little time, and now less than ever, to destroy souls, will every day redouble his efforts and his combats. He will presently raise up new persecutions, and will put terrible snares before the faithful servants and true children of Mary, whom it gives him more trouble to surmount than it does to conquer others.
51. It is principally of these last and cruel persecutions of the devil, which shall go on increasing daily till the reign of Antichrist, that we ought to understand that first and celebrated prediction and curse of God, pronounced in the terrestrial Paradise against the serpent. It is to our purpose to explain this here, for the glory of the most holy Virgin, for the salvation of her children, and for the confusion of the devil. Inimicitias ponam inter te et mulierem, et semen tuum et semen illius; ipsa conteret caput tuum, et tu insidiaberis calcaneo ejus (Gen. 3:15),—“I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed; she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.”
52. God has never made or formed but one enmity; but it is an irreconcilable one, which shall endure and develop even to the end. It is between Mary, His worthy Mother, and the devil,—between the children and the servants of the Blessed Virgin and the children and instruments of Lucifer. The most terrible of all the enemies which God has set up against the devil is His holy Mother, Mary. He has inspired her, even since the days of the earthly Paradise, though she existed then only in His idea, with so much hatred against that cursed enemy of God, with so much industry in unveiling the malice of that old serpent, with so much power to conquer, to overthrow, and to crush that proud impious rebel, that he fears her not only more than all Angels and men, but in some sense more than God Himself. It is not that the anger, the hatred, and the power of God are not infinitely greater than those of the Blessed Virgin, for the perfections of Mary are limited, but it is, first, because Satan, being proud, suffers infinitely more from being beaten and punished by a little and humble handmaid of God, and her humility humbles him more than the Divine power; and, secondly, because God has given Mary such a great power against the devils, that, as they have often been obliged to confess, in spite of themselves, by the mouths of the possessed, they fear one of her sighs for a soul more than the prayers of all the Saints, and one of her menaces against them more than all other torments.
53. What Lucifer has lost by pride, Mary has gained by humility. What Eve has damned and lost by disobedience, Mary has saved by obedience. Eve, in obeying the serpent, has destroyed all her children together with herself, and has delivered them to him; Mary, being perfectly faithful to God, has saved all her children and servants together with herself, and has consecrated them to His Majesty.
54. God has not only set an enmity but enmities, not simply between Mary and the devil, but between the race of the holy Virgin and the race of the devil; that is to say, God has set enmities, antipathies, and secret hatreds between the true children and the servants of Mary, and the children and servants of the devil. They do not love each other mutually. They have no inward correspondence with each other. The children of Belial, the slaves of Satan, the friends of the world (for it is the same thing), have always up to this time persecuted those who belong to our Blessed Lady, and will in future persecute them more than ever; just as of old Cain persecuted his brother Abel, and Esau his brother Jacob, who are the figures of the reprobate and the predestinate. But the humble Mary will always have the victory over that proud spirit, and so great a victory that she will go the length of crushing his head, where his pride dwells. She will always discover the malice of the serpent. She will always counterwork his infernal mines and dissipate his diabolical counsels, and will guarantee even to the end of time her faithful servants from his cruel claw. But the power of Mary over all the devils will especially break out in the latter times, when Satan will lay his snares against her heel; that is to say, her humble slaves and her poor children, whom she will raise up to make war against him. They shall be little and poor in the world’s esteem, and abased before all, like the heel, trodden underfoot and persecuted as the heel is by the other members of the body. But in return for this, they shall be rich in the grace of God, which Mary shall distribute to them abundantly. They shall be great and exalted before God in sanctity, superior to all other creatures by their animated zeal, and leaning so strongly on the divine succour, that, with the humility of their heel, in union with Mary, they shall crush the head of the devil, and cause Jesus Christ to triumph.”

Greetings, assallamu alaykum, my fellow Christian mate.
See, this is the issue I have with my lovely Chrstian brothers and sisters. Whenever we try to have a meaningful conversation about Religion and especially, ESPECIALLY the subject about Jesus not being the son of God, the begotten son, God himself, and then in the end, it turns out that Jesus merged with God or something, they're one, which sounds like something straight out of an Anime film/series, but anyway.

Who are you judge, to mock the whole nation of Islam? Do you think you have the right to mock someone about their different beliefs? They differ from yours, obviously, but why insult us? That makes you nothing better, you gain nothing from insulting someone, especially their beliefs or religion and similar. Be a good example for the religious community, don't be a sheep.

Like, no, listen to yourself, listen to the words you're saying here, and you truly believe you're superior to some other religious human being who doesn't share the same beliefs as you? What makes you say or think you're better than us? You don't have the rights to say that Islam is a lie, it makes you unlikeable, it actually makes you look pathetic, no offence, but it does.

You Christians get all fired/worked up whenever a muslim denies Jesus being the supreme God by mocking us, threatening us, tell us bad things. Is this how a Christian, how a believer should behave?
But how in the world and why would God allow himself to be nailed to a cross? Or should I say in a more polite way, to be crucified? Why? Just like Adolf Hitler refused to kill every single one of Jew, so that he can show to the world, for us to witness who the real enemies are? Yeah, right "makes sense."

And of course, we the muslims, we deny this, we deny that he ever was killed, denied that he was crucified, it's written in the Qur'an, and it makes sense that he never was crucified.

Who killed Jesus Christ and spread the religion of Jesus christ after?
It was the corrupt Romans and the corrupt Jews. And who dominated the world ever since? The holy Roman empire of Vatican.

You need to ask yourself in what kind of Church you go and pray to, there are so many one-eyed symbols and the sun being in the back of your "begotten son" Jesus Christ in your very own Church.

See, the thing is, you can believe in Jesus being a God or the son of God or I don't know, merging with God and become one and all that, you keep doing that, but we muslims love Jesus just like you Christians do, he's very dear and important to us, but he was nothing more than just a prophet, delivering a message, just like the other messengers before him.

Tidal

Star
..You Christians get all fired/worked up whenever a muslim denies Jesus being the supreme God..

Whoa Jack, only some Christians believe Jesus was God, but the rest of us don't believe it for a second for the simple reason he said many times he wasn't God..:)

Jesus said- "These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me" (John 14:23)
Jesus said - "I am going to the Father, for my Father is greater than I" (John 14:28 )
Jesus said -"Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)
Jesus said - "Only God knows when Judgment Day will be, I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32)

Tidal

Star
..we the muslims..we deny that he ever was killed, denied that he was crucified..

If that's the case, why didn't the people and the jewish priests and the Romans come forward in droves after the first gospels were written to say "Baloney, the gospels are wrong, he wasn't crucified at all"?
Obviously they knew they'd never make that claim fly because there were too many eyewitnesses at the crucifixion..:)

Tidal

Star
[to somebody]- Who are you judge, to mock the whole nation of Islam? Do you think you have the right to mock someone about their different beliefs?..

We Christians are simply being good samaritans to try to help nonchristians and atheists save their souls..:)

"..in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will" (2 Tim 2:23-26)

AdjeYen

Established
Whoa Jack, only some Christians believe Jesus was God, but the rest of us don't believe it for a second for the simple reason he said many times he wasn't God..:)

Jesus said- "These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me" (John 14:23)
Jesus said - "I am going to the Father, for my Father is greater than I" (John 14:28 )
Jesus said -"Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)
Jesus said - "Only God knows when Judgment Day will be, I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32)
All right, my apologies, some Christians, then, but even if some Christians do not believe that Jesus was God, they still get insulted by their own brothers and sisters, by their fellow Christian friends, if they deny Christ as their Lord, then they're disbelievers, they're this, they're that, you should turn to Jesus, etc., you get my point here. So, how would you respond to that?

Okay, look, I can't blame the whole nation, Christianity if one believes in Jesus being God, right? I can't judge them all, obviously, it would make me look ignorant, so I should've expressed myself better. Right, so, why are there Christians who get extremely worked up when you tell them that you deny Christ as their only Lord, Saviour?

Tidal

Star
..even if some Christians do not believe that Jesus was God, they still get insulted by their own brothers and sisters, by their fellow Christian friends..
..why are there Christians who get extremely worked up when you tell them that you deny Christ as their only Lord, Saviour?

Firstly, just because some people say they're Christians, it doesn't mean they ARE Christians..:)
They can't get under Jesus's radar and are going to get a shock when they turn up at the pearlies and he tells them-
"Not all who call me "Lord, Lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven. Then I'll tell them plainly, I never knew you, get away from me" (Matt 7:21-23)

Secondly true Christians don't get worked up or angry, not now, not ever..:)
"Do not make friends with a hot-tempered man, do not associate with one easily angered" (Provs 22:24)

Lucy

Star

Tidal, you cannot profess to be a Christian if you do not believe that Jesus is God the Son. He is the Word.
Please read the first chapter of The Gospel of John.

I feel very sorry for you because you are very deceived.

Daze

Superstar
Imagine, if further revelation came down from the Almighty after Jesus walked amongst us.

O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion1 or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers.
And do not say, "Three"; desist - it is better for you. Indeed, Allah is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs. (4:171 Quran)

I always find it interesting when those who worship a man (who never asked for it), tell others they are deceived.

Its like the Mary thread, with @Maldarker pointing out how its wrong to worship Mary, but if you bow before Jesus is it any different? Imagine one who spends there entire life worshiping Abraham, Noah, Moses. Are they getting into heaven?

Why do you refuse to read the Quran? Because it didn't come down on people who spoke your language or had the same skin color as you? I've shown time and time again on these boards numerous verses in the Bible that refute the divinity of Jesus.

Obviously, it is a grand deception, but people absolutely refuse to open there eyes. Questioning absolutely nothing and That will be their downfall as God gave us intellect and he expects us to use it. You worship a man who literally says "without God i am nothing", exactly like every prophet before and after him.

Do you think God will show you mercy when his first commandment was "No gods But Me"? While you spent your entire time here bowing before his prophets?

STOP, open your eyes. QUESTION Something!

And the crowds were saying, “This is the prophet Jesus, from Nazareth in Galilee.” ( Matthew 21:11 )

The people who lived when Jesus walked called him PROPHET, not God.

This life is it, there are no other chances. Ask God to show you the truth, or spend an eternity regretting it.

Tidal

Star
Tidal, you cannot profess to be a Christian if you do not believe that Jesus is God the Son. He is the Word.
Please read the first chapter of The Gospel of John.

You must have missed my recent post where I posted several quotes by Jesus where he said he wasn't God.
For example this one alone seems pretty conclusive..:)

And even God himself said Jesus was his son!
God said - "This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased, listen to him" (Matt 17:5)

Last edited:

Lucy

Star
Imagine, if further revelation came down from the Almighty after Jesus walked amongst us.

O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion1 or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers. And do not say, "Three"; desist - it is better for you. Indeed, Allah is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs. (4:171 Quran)

I always find it interesting when those who worship a man (who never asked for it), tell others they are deceived.

Its like the Mary thread, with @Maldarker pointing out how its wrong to worship Mary, but if you bow before Jesus is it any different? Imagine one who spends there entire life worshiping Abraham, Noah, Moses. Are they getting into heaven?

Why do you refuse to read the Quran? Because it didn't come down on people who spoke your language or had the same skin color as you? I've shown time and time again on these boards numerous verses in the Bible that refute the divinity of Jesus.

Obviously, it is a grand deception, but people absolutely refuse to open there eyes. Questioning absolutely nothing and That will be their downfall as God gave us intellect and he expects us to use it. You worship a man who literally says "without God i am nothing", exactly like every prophet before and after him.

Do you think God will show you mercy when his first commandment was "No gods But Me"? While you spent your entire time here bowing before his prophets?

STOP, open your eyes. QUESTION Something!

And the crowds were saying, “This is the prophet Jesus, from Nazareth in Galilee.” ( Matthew 21:11 )

The people who lived when Jesus walked called him PROPHET, not God.

This life is it, there are no other chances. Ask God to show you the truth, or spend an eternity regretting it.
John reiterates the concept of Jesus’ deity: “The Word [Jesus] was God” and “the Word became flesh” (John 1:1, 14). These verses clearly indicate that Jesus is God in the flesh. Acts 20:28 tells us, “Be shepherds of the church of God, which He bought with His own blood.” Who bought the church with His own blood? Jesus Christ. And this same verse declares that God purchased His church with His own blood. Therefore, Jesus is God.

Lucy

Star
Thomas the disciple declared concerning Jesus, “My Lord and my God” (John 20:28). Jesus does not correct him. Titus 2:13 encourages us to wait for the coming of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ (see also 2 Peter 1:1). In Hebrews 1:8, the Father declares of Jesus, “But about the Son He says, ‘Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.’” The Father refers to Jesus as God, indicating that Jesus is indeed God.

Lucy

Star
In Revelation, an angel instructed the apostle John to only worship God (Revelation 19:10). Several times in Scripture Jesus receives worship (Matthew 2:11; 14:33; 28:9, 17; Luke 24:52; John 9:38). He never rebukes people for worshiping Him. If Jesus were not God, He would have told people to not worship Him, just as the angel in Revelation did. Beyond these, there are many other passages of Scripture that argue for Jesus being God.

Alanantic

Star
In Revelation, an angel instructed the apostle John to only worship God (Revelation 19:10). Several times in Scripture Jesus receives worship (Matthew 2:11; 14:33; 28:9, 17; Luke 24:52; John 9:38). He never rebukes people for worshiping Him. If Jesus were not God, He would have told people to not worship Him, just as the angel in Revelation did. Beyond these, there are many other passages of Scripture that argue for Jesus being God.
I think that "Messianic Urge" got him killed...

"The nail that sticks up gets hammered down." -- Chinese proverb

Tidal

Star
Thomas the disciple declared concerning Jesus, “My Lord and my God” (John 20:28). Jesus does not correct him.

On the other hand he didn't correct Peter either..;)
"He asked his disciples, 'Who do you say I am?'
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven." (Matt 13:16/17)

Incidentally, is it really important if some people think Jesus was God and some people think he wasn't?
Will those who are wrong get sent to hell?

Tidal

Star
If Jesus were not God, He would have told people to not worship Him..

Well he did seem to get fed up of it-
"A certain ruler asked him, “Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
“Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered, “No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)