Do all religions lead us to God?

Tidal

Star
..I do believe that followers of Christ can lead a fulfilling life...
However I do not believe that God-realization or attaining oneness with ParaBrahman is possible through by traversing the Christian path.

I've never heard of that ParaBrahman bloke whoever he is, but as a matter of interest why do you follow him instead of Jesus, and what exactly did he say that was better than what Jesus said?
A while back I put the same question to Daze about why he prefers to follow Mohammed instead of Jesus and am still waiting for him to answer it if he can..;)

Daze

Superstar
L

if I remember correctly you were the one who began this fiasco by oh so very casually referring to my gods as devils.
All my remarks have been nothing but rebuttals or in another instance retaliations to your your blatant justification of p***philia.
I suggest you go back and read. I explained why you worship devils. Did i not? Its not an insult when its backed up with evidence.

Islam does not justify p***philia. There's a big difference between an agreement to a marriage and a consummation of marriage. As it is this "child" is incredibly important to Islam and many hadiths are sourced directly from her. She is referred to as the mother of believers.

I don't expect you understand this but 2 billion Muslims do and that's all that matters.

AmazingGrace

Established
Why no mention of Joseph and Mary? I do apologize as i got the ages wrong. Seems Joe was 90 while mary was 12.

Sources differ from 'age unknown' to what you shared, it would need a deeper study for me to give you final answer. But it looks to me you're adapting practices that you blamed David Wood for, taking information for granted and quoting something that's most useful for you.

Far as your post goes I"m pro- whatever the Almighty has sent down. It really has nothing to do with my prophet.
Why do you think God made woman to bear children at 13, 14, 15 years of age Grace?
Optimal age for child birth is in 20s. Even at the most ideal age it's not all roses. First birth is usually most difficult and can take up to 24 hours. When you add to that equation small, not fully grown body of e.g. 13 yo, or God forbid a big baby, it's scary to even think about.

Circa to age 15 female body and skeleton are still growing and needs a lot of nutrients to grow up well and healthy. If girl is pregnant, the baby is leaching her nutrients. Many women have for example problems with teeth or anemia (iron deficiency) after birth, because baby took the calcium and iron and other nutrients.

Just because we can have children at such a young age, it doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Daze

Superstar
But it looks to me you're adapting practices that you blamed David Wood for,
I miss hammer time. Have you seen the video where he describes attacking his father with a hammer? Its kinda epic. Just zero emotion in his words, expressions, ect.

I knew you'd completely ignore the relationship with Joseph and Mary being 70-80 years apart. Makes you look like a hypocrite, doesn't it?

Optimal age for child birth is in 20s.
Guess you missed the post where Orwell mentioned most were lucky to see 40 years of age back then.

20's might be best today, even then its debatable. Why wait so long? Need time for an education? then higher education? Then 4 or 5 years into a career? It's no secret the family unit has been abolished while modern woman chases material possessions not even considering kids until her 30's.

The problem is (with all of you) is your desperate for a window to attack Islam. The prophet did not bed a 7 year old. The mere idea is pure and total ignorance. As I've mentioned before, many Bible scholars believe Muhammad to be a prophet of God (ask if you want evidence). Your own scholars acknowledge the same man that you attempt to slander as a prophet of the Most High.

The prophet ARRANGED a marriage when Aisha was young. Do you know or at least understand the difference between arrange and consummate?

Just because we can have children at such a young age, it doesn't mean it's a good idea.
Yet the Almighty gave woman menstruation at 12, 13 years old. Perhaps you know better the the source of all knowledge?

It is what it is. You're always gonna attack Islam because your own religion is indefensible. If you can't win, try to break the other down. Yes?

Even on issues like AIsha's age when Mary was in the exact same position according to your book. The word Grace.. is hypocrite.

Don't feel sad for me. There is no doubt I am upon the truth. May God open your eyes before you find the grave.

AmazingGrace

Established
Guess you missed the post where Orwell mentioned most were lucky to see 40 years of age back then.

20's might be best today, even then its debatable. Why wait so long? Need time for an education? then higher education? Then 4 or 5 years into a career? It's no secret the family unit has been abolished while modern woman chases material possessions not even considering kids until her 30's.
Didn't miss it, I wanted to mention it before he brought it up. I wrote it's not a good idea to have baby before 15, guess you didn't read my explanation why, carefully. I believe child birth and pregnancy before 15 was one of the factors behind high mother and child mortality as well as max 40 years life span. If girl wasn't able to grow well and healthy because she had children even at the age when she herself was still growing, and then had 6 children in a row, I'm not surprised she lacked basic nutrients and worked herself to grave so early.

Actually why would I expect a man to be able to imagine what must woman go through, men only care about how soon they can have a gril, but many arrogantly and selfishly don't care what comes during next 9 months and what consequences it has for the woman. 20 was probably always ideal age, but I'm not going to bore you with medical info you wouldn't read and probably wouldn't even care about. Before flood people lived hundreds of years, and even after flood for a long time people lived pretty long (more than 100) so I guess waiting to 20s wasn't problem for them. The fact that at least in the last 2000 years lifespan was at best 40 years is very sad and I understand why it pushed the age of pregnancy to such a young age. But still, it doesn't mean it's ideal and good for the mother.

Btw, when I see how are women treated in countries with Islam as main religion, an idea to convert to such religion doesn't even cross my mind. Husband has right to beat his wife according to your holy book... no thanks.

"Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her,"
"With all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace."

The problem is (with all of you) is your desperate for a window to attack Islam. The prophet did not bed a 7 year old. The mere idea is pure and total ignorance. As I've mentioned before, many Bible scholars believe Muhammad to be a prophet of God (ask if you want evidence). Your own scholars acknowledge the same man that you attempt to slander as a prophet of the Most High.

The prophet ARRANGED a marriage when Aisha was young. Do you know or at least understand the difference between arrange and consummate?

Yet the Almighty gave woman menstruation at 12, 13 years old. Perhaps you know better the the source of all knowledge?

It is what it is. You're always gonna attack Islam because your own religion is indefensible. If you can't win, try to break the other down. Yes?

Even on issues like AIsha's age when Mary was in the exact same position according to your book. The word Grace.. is hypocrite.

Don't feel sad for me. There is no doubt I am upon the truth. May God open your eyes before you find the grave.
As much as I know Aisha was 9 yo during marriage consummation, and puberty usually starts around years 10 or 11, so Mary wasn't at the same spot as Aisha, but ok. I admit I'm surprised that even in Jewish traditions girls were married even at age 12. But I'm tired, I'll not comment on this anymore. If you feel urgency to bring up 12 yo Mary again, please read first part of this comment again - I can understand why so young, but it's not a good idea.

I don't know a single reputable Bible scholar or apologist who believe Muhammad was prophet of God. Don't bother with the sources. I've heard Muslims desperately wanted to find prophecy about him in OT, but couldn't, hence one reason to call Bible corrupted.

You once wrote you wanted to save me. I don't "attack" Islam because I'm bored and want to fight with you. My wish is also to save as many as possible from doctrines of devils. I'm sure about my faith, you are sure about yours, I don't see us moving anywhere in discussions, only to call each other names at the end and making a good entertainment for others. Call me coward or however you want, I don't see it fruitful to continue this discussion, and I don't have time for it.

Bye, hope the broken leg will heal well and soon :)

AmazingGrace

Established
I think I should add that even tho I understand historical context and reasons for child marriages in the past, I don't support it and believe it can be very easily cover up for p***philia. Especially at this day and age it's fishy to see people pushing age of consent down and alarming to see sexualization of children with eg Cuties or Desmond. Devil hates innocence and wants to destroy it as soon as possible.

JoChris

Superstar
Didn't miss it, I wanted to mention it before he brought it up. I wrote it's not a good idea to have baby before 15, guess you didn't read my explanation why, carefully. I believe child birth and pregnancy before 15 was one of the factors behind high mother and child mortality as well as max 40 years life span. If girl wasn't able to grow well and healthy because she had children even at the age when she herself was still growing, and then had 6 children in a row, I'm not surprised she lacked basic nutrients and worked herself to grave so early.

Actually why would I expect a man to be able to imagine what must woman go through, men only care about how soon they can have a gril, but many arrogantly and selfishly don't care what comes during next 9 months and what consequences it has for the woman. 20 was probably always ideal age, but I'm not going to bore you with medical info you wouldn't read and probably wouldn't even care about. Before flood people lived hundreds of years, and even after flood for a long time people lived pretty long (more than 100) so I guess waiting to 20s wasn't problem for them. The fact that at least in the last 2000 years lifespan was at best 40 years is very sad and I understand why it pushed the age of pregnancy to such a young age. But still, it doesn't mean it's ideal and good for the mother.

Btw, when I see how are women treated in countries with Islam as main religion, an idea to convert to such religion doesn't even cross my mind. Husband has right to beat his wife according to your holy book... no thanks.

"Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her,"
"With all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace."

As much as I know Aisha was 9 yo during marriage consummation, and puberty usually starts around years 10 or 11, so Mary wasn't at the same spot as Aisha, but ok. I admit I'm surprised that even in Jewish traditions girls were married even at age 12. But I'm tired, I'll not comment on this anymore. If you feel urgency to bring up 12 yo Mary again, please read first part of this comment again - I can understand why so young, but it's not a good idea.

I don't know a single reputable Bible scholar or apologist who believe Muhammad was prophet of God. Don't bother with the sources. I've heard Muslims desperately wanted to find prophecy about him in OT, but couldn't, hence one reason to call Bible corrupted.

You once wrote you wanted to save me. I don't "attack" Islam because I'm bored and want to fight with you. My wish is also to save as many as possible from doctrines of devils. I'm sure about my faith, you are sure about yours, I don't see us moving anywhere in discussions, only to call each other names at the end and making a good entertainment for others. Call me coward or however you want, I don't see it fruitful to continue this discussion, and I don't have time for it.

Bye, hope the broken leg will heal well and soon :)
NEVER rely on any muslims to give you the actual doctrines/ quote the relevant passages (like Christians quote the bible). You must search for the source yourself. At the very best they have been misled themselves.
If their own scholars rely on taqiyya during intellectual debates, you will certainly not get any honest responses here.

(40)
Chapter: The marriage of a daughter by her father to a ruler
(39)
Chapter: A Father’s Marriage of His Daughter to the Imam

Narrated `Aisha:
that the Prophet (peace be upon him) married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old. Hisham said: I have been informed that `Aisha remained with the Prophet (ﷺ) for nine years (ie till his death).

Tell us Moalla bin lion, told us the flames from Hisham ibn Urwa from his father, Aisha, the Prophet, peace be upon him, whom he married a girl six years, and built by a girl nine years. He said Hisham Onbit she was with him for nine years.

Last edited:

billy t

Veteran
NEVER rely on any muslims to give you the actual doctrines/ quote the relevant passages (like Christians quote the bible). You must search for the source yourself. At the very best they have been misled themselves.
If their own scholars rely on taqiyya during intellectual debates, you will certainly not get any honest responses here.

(40)
Chapter: The marriage of a daughter by her father to a ruler
(39)
Chapter: A Father’s Marriage of His Daughter to the Imam

Narrated `Aisha:
that the Prophet (peace be upon him) married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old. Hisham said: I have been informed that `Aisha remained with the Prophet (ﷺ) for nine years (ie till his death).

Tell us Moalla bin lion, told us the flames from Hisham ibn Urwa from his father, Aisha, the Prophet, peace be upon him, whom he married a girl six years, and built by a girl nine years. He said Hisham Onbit she was with him for nine years.
The issue has been explained. The Prophet salAllahu alaiyhi wasallam consummated the marriage when she reached puberty.

You are trying to understand the issue from an ethnocentric perspective. 9 year olds in Western society are not like 9 year old's in other cultures. In many cultures girls take on responsibilities at a younger age and tend to mature quicker. It is very common in many cultures for girls to be taking care of the whole family etc from a young age.

As I have said to the other guy who posted here. You claim the Prophet salAllahu alaiyhi wasalalm was a p***phile. A p***phile is someone who has sexual relations with a child. Ayesha was not a child because she had attained puberty.

So, DEFINE child.
Not one poster has been able to define it. Very strange.

billy t

Veteran
Looks like you are really hungry to see comments from triggered people. Are you bored? Documentary An Open Secret could entertain you for an hour and half. Or are you payed to make people here angry?
Your words didn't trigger me, Daze, they made me sad. My guess is that you don't have a daughter nor little sister. Maybe you would see this differently. Btw, why are you pushing me to write about something you yourself don't want to mess with?

I would bet, that if Muhammad didn't marry Aisha, you wouldn't so openly support child marriage that can be a cover for p***philia. He already had 8 wives, why marry 6 year old?
Muslims are trying very hard to make prophet out of God, and make prophet live up to perfect life and morals of God incarnate. But Jesus and Muhammad cannot be compared. It's unfair comparison for Muhammad.
p***philia is to have sexual relations with children. Define child.

billy t

Veteran
I think I should add that even tho I understand historical context and reasons for child marriages in the past, I don't support it and believe it can be very easily cover up for p***philia. Especially at this day and age it's fishy to see people pushing age of consent down and alarming to see sexualization of children with eg Cuties or Desmond. Devil hates innocence and wants to destroy it as soon as possible.
What is the empirical evidence to support the age of consent? Woman mature quicker than men so how is having one number for both sexes even scientific? Answer: its NOT.

A Freeman

Superstar
So you're saying Israel wants Hamas to attack Israel?
Sorry but as I'm a military forum moderator and wargame champion, that makes no sense to me at all.. :p
How is it possible to be a military forum moderator and wargame champion, and not know what a false flag military operation is?

The reason Israel wants (and pays) Hamas to attack Israel, is so Israel has a ready-made excuse to bomb the Palestinians. Hamas sends over a few harmless bottle rockets over the 24' tall wall that imprisons the Palestinians in the Gaza strip, and the Israelis respond with airstrikes, tanks and heavy artillery, often times bombing apartment buildings, hospitals, market-places, etc., with absolutely no regard for the loss of civilian lives.

To further cover their crimes, the Israelis then attempt to shift the blame, falsely claiming that Hamas was using the civilian Palestinian men, women and children as "human shields", which so-called Christian Zionists swallow hook, line and sinker.

This endless war of terror carried out by the Israelis against the Palestinians is meant to drive the remaining Palestinians out of the areas they still occupy, e.g. the Gaza strip and parts of the West Bank. So the Israelis point their fingers at the Palestinian victims of their relentless terror campaign, and accuse them of being the terrorists, to divert attention from their own crimes, as criminals always do.

The Israelis are NOT "God's Chosen People", and every single one of them who doesn't repent of that evil and start treating their neighbours with the love and respect we're COMMANDED to have for one another, will burn for it on Judgment Day.

billy t

Veteran
How about we let Ayesha radiAlalhu anha speak for herself.

A'isha reported:
Never did I feel jealous of any wife amongst the wives of Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) as I feel in case of Khadija (though I had never seen her), for he praised her very often.

Saheeh Muslim 2425

If Ayesha was abused like many posters here claim then why was she jealous of the Prophet sallahu alaiyhi wasallams other wives?!

SubhaanAllah.

AmazingGrace

Established
p***philia is to have sexual relations with children. Define child.
Again? You see, I find it interesting how you're looking for all the ways how to make it ok for adult to sleep with kid. If you want to f*ck up someone's life, first 15 formative years are the best for it, and sex has a high potential to mess things in wrong way, in any age.

Taking responsibilities doesn't automatically make you adult, I would praise parents for doing good job for learning the kid to be responsible. But brain has different phases that it goes through as we grow, and responsibility has little to do with being ready for sexual relationship.

If somebody cares about the wellbeing and good mental and social development of the young person, I believe they would rather wait longer just for sure. Especially if you already have spouses and children of your own, so continuation of your lineage is secured.
Whose interests is this about? Well being of the young person or interests of the adult?

billy t

Veteran
Again? You see, I find it interesting how you're looking for all the ways how to make it ok for adult to sleep with kid. If you want to f*ck up someone's life, first 15 formative years are the best for it, and sex has a high potential to mess things in wrong way, in any age.

Taking responsibilities doesn't automatically make you adult, I would praise parents for doing good job for learning the kid to be responsible. But brain has different phases that it goes through as we grow, and responsibility has little to do with being ready for sexual relationship.

If somebody cares about the wellbeing and good mental and social development of the young person, I believe they would rather wait longer just for sure. Especially if you already have spouses and children of your own, so continuation of your lineage is secured.
Whose interests is this about? Well being of the young person or interests of the adult?
I reiterate. p***philia is prohibited in Islaam.

r*pe has a bad effect on woman at any age.

Key word - r*pe.

Consensual sex with adults and raping little kids are too entirely different matters.

billy t

Veteran

I consider sex outside marriage to be immoral. If a woman says she wants to be married then it she is likely ready. Parents should not stop them. Preventing them from marriage exposes them to temptations which can lead to bigger problems. Marriage protects young people from adultery and all the harms that come with it.

DesertRose

Superstar
1. Professor of history Margaret Wade Labarge
“It needs to be remembered that many Medieval widows were not old, Important heiresses were often married between the ages of 5 and 10 and might find themselves widowed while still in their teens.” [1]
2. Professor Richard Wortley and Professor Stephen Smallbone, both of whom state that prior to the 1900s girls married very young,
“In Medieval and early modern European societies, the age of marriage remained low, with documented cases of brides as young as seven years, although marriages were typically not consummated until the girl reached puberty (Bullough 2004). Shakespeare’s Juliet was just 13, and there is no hint in the play that this was considered to be exceptional. The situation was similar on the other side of the Atlantic; Bullough reports the case in 1689 of a nine-year-old bride in Virginia. At the start of the nineteenth century in England, it was legal to have sex with a 10 year-old girl.” [2]
3. In the book, ‘Sex and Society’,
“Until the late 20th century U.S. age of consent laws specifically names males as perpetrators and females as victims. Following English law, in which the age was set at 12 in 1275 and lowered to 10 in 1576, ages of consent in the American colonies were generally set at 10 or 12. The laws protected female virginity, which at the time was considered a valuable commodity until marriage. The theft of a girl’s chastity was seen as a property crime against her father and future husband. If two people were married and had sex, no matter what their age, no crime was committed because a woman was her husband’s property. In practice, too, the consent laws only protected white females, as many non-white females were enslaved or otherwise discriminated against by the legal system.” [3]
4. Richard A. Posner is chief judge of the U.S court of appeals, Seventh Circuit Chicago. Katherine B. Silbaugh is associate Professor at Boston University School of Law, they say that before the 1900s age of consent was ten years old,
“The law governing the age of consent has changed dramatically in the United States during this century. Most states codified a statutory age of consent during the nineteenth century, and the usual age was ten years.” [4]
5. The Scottish Law prior to 1900s by Sir John Comyns and Stewart Kyd,
“By the law of Scotland, a woman cannot contrabere sponsalia before her age of seven years. 1 Rol. 343. I. 20.
But by common law, persons may marry at any age. Co. Lit. 33. A.
And upon such marriage the wife shall be endowed, if the attain the age of nine years, of what whatsoever age her husband be; but not before the age of nine years. Co. L. 33. A.” [5]
6. Professor of Sociology Anthony Joseph Paul Cortese says that a 50 year old man being with a girl under 10 (being intimate) Under United States law was legal until the mid 1960s,
“In 1962, the American Law Institute recommended that the legal age of consent to sex- that is, the age below which sex is defined as statutory r*pe- be dropped in every state to age 10 (Katchadourian and Lund 1972: 439). In fact, until the mid 1960s, the legal age of consent in Delaware was 7 (Kling, 1965: 216). So a 50 year old man could legally have sexual intercourse with a 7 year old boy or girl.” [6]
7. Maureen Dabbagh is a writer and author. Born in Michigan, she serves as a Virginia Supreme Court Family Mediator, she echoes the same statements as previous authors,
“…the nineteenth century, the minimum age of consent for sexual intercourse in most American states was 10 years. In Delaware it was only 7 years.” [7]
8. Mike A. Males is an American sociologist who writes from a pro youth rights perspective. Males is a professor at the University of California, he writes,
“These early laws specified that a girl consenting to sex had to be at least 10 to 12 years old in most states, with a few specifying ages as old as 14 or 16. In Delaware, the age of consent was seven, based on ancient English laws setting the age squire.” [8]
9. Arthur Siccan Author of the Book: ‘What’s Wrong in America: A Look at Troublesome Issues in Our Country’, goes in a lot of detail on the issue of marriage at earlier times,
“Traditionally, across the globe, the age of consent for sexual union was a matter for the family to decide, or a tribal custom. In most cases, this coincided with signs of puberty, menstruation for a woman and pubic hair for a man.
Sir Edward Coke in 17th century England ‘made it clear that the marriage of girls under 12 was normal, and the age at which a girl who was a wife was eligible for a dower from her husband’s estate was 9. The American colonies followed the English tradition, and the law was more of a guide. For example Mary Hathaway of Virginia, was only 9 when she was married to William Williams.
Portugal, Spain, Denmark and the Swiss canons, initially set the age of consent at 10-12 years and then raised it to between 13 and 16 years in the second half of the 19th century. Historically, the English common law set the age of consent to range from 10- 12. In the United States, by the 1880s, most states set the age of consent at 10-12, and in one state Delaware, the age of consent was only 7. Social and resulting legal attitudes toward the appropriate age of consent have drifted upwards in modern times. For example while ages from 10 to 13 were typically acceptable in Western countries during the mid-19the century, the end of the 19th century and beginning of the 20th century were marked by changing.
I believe that a lot of our current mores come from reluctance to let our children mature mentally as quickly as our bodies do. Keep in mind that not all societies share Western mores. And to my surprise, until the latter part of the 19th Century, Children in the Western nations were engaged and married at a much earlier age. The trend to give children more time to mature is relatively new.
In his book, The Emphatic civilization, (Penguin, NY, 200) Jeremy Rifkin points out that the concept of adolescence only emerged during the last decade of the nineteenth century and the first three decades of the twentieth century. Society started to think of childhood as extending beyond puberty, into the later teenage years. Before that, children were considered to graduate into adulthood with the onset of puberty.” [9]
10. The ’American Bar Association’ Journal [August 1996]:
“1275 English common law criminalizes statutory r*pe- sex between a man and a woman below the age of consent, which was first set at 12 years.
1576 Common Law age of consent lowered to 10 years.
1700s-1800s Statutory r*pe at common law adopted in the united states. States set the age of consent at 10 or 12 years.” [10]
11. Sinikka Elliott
“The statutes governing the minimum age under which sex cannot be legally consensual, and laws concerning marriage and workers rights, were modified to reflect these changing discourses around childhood. Age of sexual consent, for example, rose from 7 during colonial times to 10, 12, and eventually as high as 14 during the eighteenth centuries. By the late 1800s, the average age of consent in the United States was 14. Across the nation, however the age of consent was raised slowly, unevenly, and with great reluctance.” [11]
12. Susan M. Ross
“According to British common law during the colonial period, the age of consent was seven. Today we are astounded that girls of this age were assumed to know enough about sex (or about sin) to make such a decision competently.” [12]
13. Carolyn Cocca:
“At what age is a person capable of making and informed decision about whether or not to engage in sex? Would it be7,10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, or 21? Over the last 300 years, all the ages listed above were thought to be that magic age at which one could make such a decision, and all the ages listed above have, at various times, been inscribed into law as the age of consent to sex.” [13]
14. Merril D. Smith says that the age which a girl could marry was 10 to 13 in most societies,

“To that end, from ancient times to the present, many societies have acted to try to safeguard children from r*pe and other forms of sexual degradation, though they might define sexual degradation differently from era to era and from place to place. One way societies have tried to protect young girls is through laws that designate a statutory age of consent. Such laws prohibit men from having sexual relations with females under a specified age on legal theory that they are too young and immature to make informed decision and, therefore, are incapable of giving a legal consent. Historically, the age of consent was set at 10 or 13 years, depending on the era and the culture, and tended to coincide with female puberty, which was also the age at which a female could marry without parental permission.” [14]
15. Melissa Hope Ditmore
“United States, the age of consent was much lower. For example, in New York, the age of consent was ten years until 1885. After 1885, age of consent laws changed around the country, reaching 16 in New York in 1889 and 18 in 1895. Prior to these changes the age of consent in most places in the United States was 10 or 12 years.” [15]
16. Caryn Neumann
“Historically the age of consent was set somewhere between 10 and 13 years, depending on the Era and the culture, and tending to coincide with female puberty. In modern United States, the age of consent ranges from 14 – 18 years with 16 years as the standard.” [16]
17. Martha Rosenthal:
“During colonial times in the United States, the age of consent was 10 (except in Delaware, where the age of consent was 7).” [17]
18. Paula S. Fass
“Age of consent laws rose from as low as ten to between thirteen (France 1863) AND SIXTEEN (England and Wales 1885).” [18]
19. Edward J. Wood says that Thomas Lord Berkley was contracted to a girl who was at the time 7 years old and were to consummate the marriage 4 years later, but due to illness the marriage was consummated the following year,
“Thomas, Lord Berkeley, was contracted to Margaret, daughter of Gerald Warren, Lord Lisle, in the forty-first year of Edward III.; and by reason of her tender age- she was then only about seven years old- it was arranged that she should remain with her father for four years; but sickness happening in the family, they were married in the November following.” [19]
The following Table below shows most of the European countries and American States, ‘Age of Consent.’
I would like to thank ‘chnm.gnm.edu’ for all the information they have provided on age of consent in 1880. I retrieved the information from this website: http://chnm.gmu.edu/cyh/primary-sources/24

Source
It is important to remember that norms have changed throughout the world and that marriage even in those times in Islam was dependent on puberty and mental maturity/sound judgement and consent. If people did not follow those rules they were wrong.
Quran 4:6
And test the orphans [in their abilities] until they reach marriageable age. Then if you perceive in them sound judgement, release their property to them. And do not consume it excessively and quickly, [anticipating] that they will grow up. And whoever, [when acting as guardian], is self-sufficient should refrain [from taking a fee]; and whoever is poor - let him take according to what is acceptable. Then when you release their property to them, bring witnesses upon them. And sufficient is Allah as Accountant.

Last edited:

billy t

Veteran

2. Professor Richard Wortley and Professor Stephen Smallbone, both of whom state that prior to the 1900s girls married very young,

4. Richard A. Posner is chief judge of the U.S court of appeals, Seventh Circuit Chicago. Katherine B. Silbaugh is associate Professor at Boston University School of Law, they say that before the 1900s age of consent was ten years old,

6. Professor of Sociology Anthony Joseph Paul Cortese says that a 50 year old man being with a girl under 10 (being intimate) Under United States law was legal until the mid 1960s,

7. Maureen Dabbagh is a writer and author. Born in Michigan, she serves as a Virginia Supreme Court Family Mediator, she echoes the same statements as previous authors,

8. Mike A. Males is an American sociologist who writes from a pro youth rights perspective. Males is a professor at the University of California, he writes,

9. Arthur Siccan Author of the Book: ‘What’s Wrong in America: A Look at Troublesome Issues in Our Country’, goes in a lot of detail on the issue of marriage at earlier times,

11. Sinikka Elliott

12. Susan M. Ross

13. Carolyn Cocca:

14. Merril D. Smith says that the age which a girl could marry was 10 to 13 in most societies,

15. Melissa Hope Ditmore

16. Caryn Neumann

17. Martha Rosenthal:

18. Paula S. Fass

19. Edward J. Wood says that Thomas Lord Berkley was contracted to a girl who was at the time 7 years old and were to consummate the marriage 4 years later, but due to illness the marriage was consummated the following year,

The following Table below shows most of the European countries and American States, ‘Age of Consent.’
I would like to thank ‘chnm.gnm.edu’ for all the information they have provided on age of consent in 1880. I retrieved the information from this website: http://chnm.gmu.edu/cyh/primary-sources/24

Source
It is important to remember that norms have changed throughout the world and that marriage even in those times was dependent on puberty and mental maturity/sound judgement and consent. If people did not follow those rules they were wrong.
And test the orphans [in their abilities] until they reach marriageable age. Then if you perceive in them sound judgement, release their property to them. And do not consume it excessively and quickly, [anticipating] that they will grow up. And whoever, [when acting as guardian], is self-sufficient should refrain [from taking a fee]; and whoever is poor - let him take according to what is acceptable. Then when you release their property to them, bring witnesses upon them. And sufficient is Allah as Accountant.
[
Many posters here who say that it is p***philia to marry young woman likely have great, great, great grandmothers who gave birth at a young age. Hence they would not even be here if a woman in their ancestry did not get married young. Delaying marriage was not wise in the past for many reasons.

billy t

Veteran

11. Sinikka Elliott

12. Susan M. Ross

13. Carolyn Cocca:

15. Melissa Hope Ditmore

16. Caryn Neumann

17. Martha Rosenthal:

18. Paula S. Fass

Source
It is important to remember that norms have changed throughout the world and that marriage even in those times in Islam was dependent on puberty and mental maturity/sound judgement and consent. If people did not follow those rules they were wrong.
Another thing is these statutes DID allow p***philia because they put a number on it. Even some countries today allow p***philia. Some countries set the age of consent as 15 and there are some woman who don't have their menstrual cycle until 16. Hence they have allowed p***philia due to rigidly sticking to a subjective number instead of biological signs.