Do all religions lead us to God?

DesertRose

Superstar
You prefer to remain aloof in your ahistorical Islamic fantasy instead of using your intellect to arrive at truth based on evidence, and so you resort to the usual copout response of 'I guess we'll see on the Day of Judgment who's right'.
Get off you high horse and realize that many people in the present and in the past may not have had the knowledge of pre-Judaic, pre-Christian era or pre-Islamic history. Believers look for God's guidance, to improve their lives and their hereafter.
Verily, Allah does not look at your appearance or wealth, but rather He looks at your hearts and actions.
"O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things)."

Last edited:

Tidal

Star
Christianity is quite clear that although we can be polite to atheists and nonchristians, we should never mix with them on a social basis-
God said- "What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?..Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord, I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters" (2 Cor 6:14-18 )
"Bad company corrupts good character" (1 Cor 15:33)
"Don't let unbelievers into your house or bid them God speed" (2 John 1:10 KJV)
"If you hang around with losers you become a loser" (Donald Trump)

Rather, we should only mix with people who make us feel good-
"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another" (Proverbs 27:17)

PS- I also include phoney christians in the "people to be avoided" category, I actually cross the street to avoid them..:)

Daze

Superstar
Atheists and nonchristians are all Jesus-rejecters so they'll all be going up the spout, it's not rocket science-
"Ungodly men, wandering stars for whom the blackness of darkness is reserved forever" (Jude 1:4-19)
Jesus said:- "Whoever rejects me rejects God" (Luke 10:16)
I didn't think my original post was that hard to comprehend. Let me attempt to simplify it.

There is only one God. One creator. Everything under the heavens and within the heavens belongs to him.

There is nothing within the creation that comes before the Almighty as anything other then a servent.

To God we belong.. And everyone will realize this on judgement day when thier own hands speak against them. You may not realize it now but even your own flesh does not belong to you.

In this sense and this sense only, ALL paths lead to God as God is the absolute owner of everything.

To God we belong to God we will all return. Regardless of what your religion is. Regardless of what you believe.

This is not a difficult concept. Let's not try to make it one.

Maldarker

Star
Get off you high horse and realize that many people in the present and in the past may not have had the knowledge of pre-Judaic, pre-Christian era or pre-Islamic history. Believers look for guidance, to improve their lives and their hereafter.
Verily, Allah does not look at your appearance or wealth, but rather He looks at your hearts and actions.
"O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things)."
Who's the "WE" in that passage?

AmazingGrace

Established
Pronunciations and synonyms do not change things radically what changes things radically is when you have differing accounts and fabricated additions. Do you comprehend?

You are obviously very biased and misguided.
I could say the same about you, that you're obviously biased and misguided.
Let me guess, you never read the whole Bible and all you know about it is from non-Christian speakers/sources (something you like to throw at us) [hypocrite?]. If you studied parts that don't seem to make sense to you, you would find many scholars and apologets who looked at it and have answers. And no, not by a stretch of imagination, but by explaining the context.

DesertRose

Superstar
Let me guess, you never read the whole Bible and all you know about it is from non-Christian speakers/sources (something you like to throw at us) [hypocrite?].
No AG I have never said I read the whole bible or that I was an expert on it. (I would posit that many Christians have not done so either and based on your debates on this forum those who have, seem to engage in many disagreements regarding scripture).
The foundation of a Creator that is made up of 3 separate entities that are not equal stopped me from looking further into it.
I firmly believe in the Creator being One God who is able to forgive those who repent.
(FYI I have taken courses in comparative religion and have found interesting insights.)
If you pay attention to my activities on this site I stick to promoting my faith and post in the areas of my strength.
I see this forum as a marketplace of ideas and am happy to get to the task of conveying our message.
Many of the arguments you were making have been answered on previous threads please use the search function.
With that I will be withdrawing from this thread.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
So the question is do all religions lead to God? My answer is no they don't. They cause strife hate anger exploitation slavery etc.
Marx said that “religion is the opium of the people”…

I was struck by what Lee Strobel said on the subject of religion towards the end of “The Case for Christ”:-
Every other faith system I studied during my investigation was based on the “do” plan. In other words, it was necessary for people to do something—for example, use a Tibetan prayer wheel, pay alms, go on pilgrimages, undergo reincarnations, work off karma from past misdeeds, reform their character—to try to somehow earn their way back to God. Despite their best efforts, lots of sincere people just wouldn’t make it.​
Christianity is unique. It’s based on the “done” plan—Jesus has done for us on the cross what we cannot do for ourselves: he has paid the death penalty that we deserve for our rebellion and wrongdoing, so we can become reconciled with God. I didn’t have to struggle and strive to try to do the impossible of making myself worthy. Over and over the Bible says that Jesus offers forgiveness and eternal life as a free gift that cannot be earned (see Rom. 6:23; Eph. 2:8–9; Titus 3:5). It’s called grace—amazing grace, unmerited favor. It’s available to anyone who receives it in a sincere prayer of repentance. Even someone like me.​
Yes, I had to take a step of faith, as we do in every decision we make in life. But here’s the crucial distinction: I was no longer trying to swim upstream against the strong current of evidence; instead I was choosing to go in the same direction that the torrent of facts was flowing. That was reasonable, that was rational, that was logical. What’s more, in an inner and inexplicable way, it was also what I sensed God’s Spirit was nudging me to do. So on November 8, 1981, I talked with God in a heartfelt and unedited prayer, admitting and turning from my wrongdoing, and receiving the gift of forgiveness and eternal life through Jesus. I told him that with his help I wanted to follow him and his ways from here on out.​

There were no lightning bolts, no audible replies, no tingly sensations. I know that some people feel a rush of emotion at such a moment; as for me, however, there was something else that was equally exhilarating: there was the rush of reason.​

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar
God makes sure that no one is without an excuse. God makes sure that everyone gets a chance to hear the gospel as per Romans 1:18-20 which is in major progress right now, but I’ll still post in it’s context. Yes, I already know you disregard all of Paul’s teaching which proves another reason why the world is in the insane mess it is in because everyone wants to believe anything and everything but the truth, for myself that’s the most frustrating thing to watch trying to rescue people from Satan’s tight grip enoying decieving many knowing where they’ll be going with HIM bothers the living poopy’s out of me. Jesus is the truth and the only way to the father, no one who believes otherwise will not be saved.

Romans 1:18-20 (In major progress right now)

18The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

When we die, we go to either Abraham’s Bosom as per Luke 16:19-31 or heaven perhaps, but I’m not God & I’m not 100% sure where we really go, possibly also under the altar up in heaven spoken of in

Luke 16:19-31

19“There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.
22“The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’
25“But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony.26And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’
27“He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’
29“Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’
30“ ‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’
31“He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’ ”

Revelation 6:9-11.

9When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” 11Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, e were killed just as they had been.

Also at the very (Last Call to repent and glorify God while all this taking place) end before God pours out his final wrath’s on thee earth Angels go and tell the tribes untouched by modern man as per Revelation 14:6-7

6Then I saw another angel flying in midair, and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth—to every nation, tribe, language and people. 7He said in a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.”

All you have to do in order to be saved is

Romans 10:5-15

5Moses writes this about the righteousness that is by the law: “The person who does these things will live by them.” a 6But the righteousness that is by faith says: “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’ ” b (that is, to bring Christ down) 7“or ‘Who will descend into the deep?’ ” c (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 8But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” d that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: 9If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” e 12For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” f

14How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”

God has it all covered, he is in 100% complete control, thank GOD!!!

God bless you all with God’s love.
Thank you for your entry. Just to add one thing more in case they try to pretend Paul contradicted the other apostles with his message of faith alone in Jesus is needed for salvation:

2 Peter 3: 15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

The apostle Peter would never call Paul a brother if Paul contradicted what Peter and all the other apostles taught.

Daze

Superstar
God makes sure that no one is without an excuse. God makes sure that everyone gets a chance to hear the gospel as per Romans 1:18-20 which is in major progress right now, but I’ll still post in it’s context. Yes, I already know you disregard all of Paul’s teaching which proves another reason why the world is in the insane mess it is in because everyone wants to believe anything and everything but the truth, for myself that’s the most frustrating thing to watch trying to rescue people from Satan’s tight grip enoying decieving many knowing where they’ll be going with HIM bothers the living poopy’s out of me. Jesus is the truth and the only way to the father, no one who believes otherwise will not be saved.

Romans 1:18-20 (In major progress right now)

18The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

When we die, we go to either Abraham’s Bosom as per Luke 16:19-31 or heaven perhaps, but I’m not God & I’m not 100% sure where we really go, possibly also under the altar up in heaven spoken of in

Luke 16:19-31

19“There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.
22“The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’
25“But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony.26And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’
27“He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’
29“Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’
30“ ‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’
31“He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’ ”

Revelation 6:9-11.

9When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” 11Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, e were killed just as they had been.

Also at the very (Last Call to repent and glorify God while all this taking place) end before God pours out his final wrath’s on thee earth Angels go and tell the tribes untouched by modern man as per Revelation 14:6-7

6Then I saw another angel flying in midair, and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth—to every nation, tribe, language and people. 7He said in a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.”

All you have to do in order to be saved is

Romans 10:5-15

5Moses writes this about the righteousness that is by the law: “The person who does these things will live by them.” a 6But the righteousness that is by faith says: “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’ ” b (that is, to bring Christ down) 7“or ‘Who will descend into the deep?’ ” c (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 8But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” d that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: 9If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” e 12For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” f

14How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”

God has it all covered, he is in 100% complete control, thank GOD!!!

God bless you all with God’s love.
Why does my extremely simple question require books to answer? While I'm on my phone i must of scrolled 3 pages worth of scripture. Its like you lost the plot.

How do you know my views about Paul? Well go ahead. Tell us what i think of Paul.

I am kinda fascinated how someone i just met allegedly knows me.

Tidal

Star
..To God we belong to God we will all return. Regardless of what your religion is. Regardless of what you believe.
This is not a difficult concept. Let's not try to make it one.

Jesus was quite clear that- "Whoever rejects me rejects God" (Luke 10:16)
So if nonchristians turn up at the pearlies hoping to gatecrash their way in, they don't stand a chance because its an exclusive gated community for Christians only.. :p

Tidal

Star
..I see this forum as a marketplace of ideas and am happy to get to the task of conveying our message.

Just make sure you don't buy the rotten fruit that some atheists and nonchristians are trying to sell..;)
Jesus said-
"Beware of false prophets, you shall know them by their fruit...every good tree brings forth good fruit, but a corrupt tree brings forth evil fruit, so by their fruits you shall know them." (Matt 17:15-20)

Daze

Superstar
I’m not God; the answers you seek can only come from him and his one and only final authority “the bible” the living word of God, only Jesus Christ can give you the answers you need. You’ll never be satisfied with anyone on earth has to say unless they share your same perception in which I do not share the same perception as you & I pray & hope God will change that whatever his will may be. I don’t have a whole of time, but I encourage you to seek Jesus in these very final end of days, the hour is already at hand, time is running out. it’s up to you to call out to Jesus, to seek him for the truth because to me it’s not & never will be about being right and proving people wrong going round and round like a merry go round. I never came to the truth that way. Seek Jesus believe the bible, the word of God which is alive

Hebrews 4:12

12For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 13Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

In Context

A Sabbath-Rest for the People of God
1Therefore, since the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it. 2For we also have had the good news proclaimed to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because they did not share the faith of those who obeyed. a3Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said,
“So I declared on oath in my anger,
‘They shall never enter my rest.’ ” b
And yet his works have been finished since the creation of the world. 4For somewhere he has spoken about the seventh day in these words: “On the seventh day God rested from all his works.” c 5And again in the passage above he says, “They shall never enter my rest.”
6Therefore since it still remains for some to enter that rest, and since those who formerly had the good news proclaimed to them did not go in because of their disobedience, 7God again set a certain day, calling it “Today.” This he did when a long time later he spoke through David, as in the passage already quoted:
“Today, if you hear his voice,
do not harden your hearts.” d
8For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day. 9There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; 10for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works, e just as God did from his. 11Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience.
12For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 13Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.
Jesus the Great High Priest
14Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, f Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. 16Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Only Jesus Christ is the literal truth. You want truth & answers to satisfy your soul, go to Jesus, not me, only he can provide the endless answers you seek.

God Bless you Daze! Everything you need to know is in the bible, if you don’t believe, there’s nothing more I can say other than to ask Jesus to help your unbelief. I hope you are not offended, and sorry if you are.
Hello Chassidy. You just can't get enough of these boards can ya? I remember in the beginning, like 6 years ago, we got along. I think it was the time where you tried to sell me the story of your friend walking into a church and she started screaming.. demon possession wasn't it?.. that i sensed a few missing marbles......

Well, long story short.. until time revealed that you never had a full deck to play with. So how many accounts do you have on these boards now? If i was a betting man I'd say at least a dozen.

Who will you be tomorrow? Only God knows.

Since i know you better then most, I'm not gonna reply to your post. Take some advice and get some help. The professional kind.