Do all religions lead us to God?

Tidal

Star
..we the muslims..we deny that he ever was killed, denied that he was crucified..

If that's the case, why didn't the people and the jewish priests and the Romans come forward in droves after the first gospels were written to say "Baloney, the gospels are wrong, he wasn't crucified at all"?
Obviously they knew they'd never make that claim fly because there were too many eyewitnesses at the crucifixion..:)

Tidal

Star
[to somebody]- Who are you judge, to mock the whole nation of Islam? Do you think you have the right to mock someone about their different beliefs?..

We Christians are simply being good samaritans to try to help nonchristians and atheists save their souls..:)

"..in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will" (2 Tim 2:23-26)

AdjeYen

Rookie
Whoa Jack, only some Christians believe Jesus was God, but the rest of us don't believe it for a second for the simple reason he said many times he wasn't God..:)

Jesus said- "These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me" (John 14:23)
Jesus said - "I am going to the Father, for my Father is greater than I" (John 14:28 )
Jesus said -"Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)
Jesus said - "Only God knows when Judgment Day will be, I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32)
All right, my apologies, some Christians, then, but even if some Christians do not believe that Jesus was God, they still get insulted by their own brothers and sisters, by their fellow Christian friends, if they deny Christ as their Lord, then they're disbelievers, they're this, they're that, you should turn to Jesus, etc., you get my point here. So, how would you respond to that?

Okay, look, I can't blame the whole nation, Christianity if one believes in Jesus being God, right? I can't judge them all, obviously, it would make me look ignorant, so I should've expressed myself better. Right, so, why are there Christians who get extremely worked up when you tell them that you deny Christ as their only Lord, Saviour?

Tidal

Star
..even if some Christians do not believe that Jesus was God, they still get insulted by their own brothers and sisters, by their fellow Christian friends..
..why are there Christians who get extremely worked up when you tell them that you deny Christ as their only Lord, Saviour?

Firstly, just because some people say they're Christians, it doesn't mean they ARE Christians..:)
They can't get under Jesus's radar and are going to get a shock when they turn up at the pearlies and he tells them-
"Not all who call me "Lord, Lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven. Then I'll tell them plainly, I never knew you, get away from me" (Matt 7:21-23)

Secondly true Christians don't get worked up or angry, not now, not ever..:)
"Do not make friends with a hot-tempered man, do not associate with one easily angered" (Provs 22:24)

Lucy

Established
Whoa Jack, only some Christians believe Jesus was God, but the rest of us don't believe it for a second for the simple reason he said many times he wasn't God..:)

Jesus said- "These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me" (John 14:23)
Jesus said - "I am going to the Father, for my Father is greater than I" (John 14:28 )
Jesus said -"Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)
Jesus said - "Only God knows when Judgment Day will be, I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32)
Tidal, you cannot profess to be a Christian if you do not believe that Jesus is God the Son. He is the Word.
Please read the first chapter of The Gospel of John.

I feel very sorry for you because you are very deceived.

Daze

Star
Imagine, if further revelation came down from the Almighty after Jesus walked amongst us.

O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion1 or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers.
And do not say, "Three"; desist - it is better for you. Indeed, Allah is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs. (4:171 Quran)

I always find it interesting when those who worship a man (who never asked for it), tell others they are deceived.

Its like the Mary thread, with @Maldarker pointing out how its wrong to worship Mary, but if you bow before Jesus is it any different? Imagine one who spends there entire life worshiping Abraham, Noah, Moses. Are they getting into heaven?

Why do you refuse to read the Quran? Because it didn't come down on people who spoke your language or had the same skin color as you? I've shown time and time again on these boards numerous verses in the Bible that refute the divinity of Jesus.

Obviously, it is a grand deception, but people absolutely refuse to open there eyes. Questioning absolutely nothing and That will be their downfall as God gave us intellect and he expects us to use it. You worship a man who literally says "without God i am nothing", exactly like every prophet before and after him.

Do you think God will show you mercy when his first commandment was "No gods But Me"? While you spent your entire time here bowing before his prophets?

STOP, open your eyes. QUESTION Something!

And the crowds were saying, “This is the prophet Jesus, from Nazareth in Galilee.” ( Matthew 21:11 )

The people who lived when Jesus walked called him PROPHET, not God.

This life is it, there are no other chances. Ask God to show you the truth, or spend an eternity regretting it.

Tidal

Star
Tidal, you cannot profess to be a Christian if you do not believe that Jesus is God the Son. He is the Word.
Please read the first chapter of The Gospel of John.

You must have missed my recent post where I posted several quotes by Jesus where he said he wasn't God.
For example this one alone seems pretty conclusive..:)

And even God himself said Jesus was his son!
God said - "This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased, listen to him" (Matt 17:5)

Last edited:

Lucy

Established
Imagine, if further revelation came down from the Almighty after Jesus walked amongst us.

O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion1 or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers. And do not say, "Three"; desist - it is better for you. Indeed, Allah is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs. (4:171 Quran)

I always find it interesting when those who worship a man (who never asked for it), tell others they are deceived.

Its like the Mary thread, with @Maldarker pointing out how its wrong to worship Mary, but if you bow before Jesus is it any different? Imagine one who spends there entire life worshiping Abraham, Noah, Moses. Are they getting into heaven?

Why do you refuse to read the Quran? Because it didn't come down on people who spoke your language or had the same skin color as you? I've shown time and time again on these boards numerous verses in the Bible that refute the divinity of Jesus.

Obviously, it is a grand deception, but people absolutely refuse to open there eyes. Questioning absolutely nothing and That will be their downfall as God gave us intellect and he expects us to use it. You worship a man who literally says "without God i am nothing", exactly like every prophet before and after him.

Do you think God will show you mercy when his first commandment was "No gods But Me"? While you spent your entire time here bowing before his prophets?

STOP, open your eyes. QUESTION Something!

And the crowds were saying, “This is the prophet Jesus, from Nazareth in Galilee.” ( Matthew 21:11 )

The people who lived when Jesus walked called him PROPHET, not God.

This life is it, there are no other chances. Ask God to show you the truth, or spend an eternity regretting it.
John reiterates the concept of Jesus’ deity: “The Word [Jesus] was God” and “the Word became flesh” (John 1:1, 14). These verses clearly indicate that Jesus is God in the flesh. Acts 20:28 tells us, “Be shepherds of the church of God, which He bought with His own blood.” Who bought the church with His own blood? Jesus Christ. And this same verse declares that God purchased His church with His own blood. Therefore, Jesus is God.

Lucy

Established
Thomas the disciple declared concerning Jesus, “My Lord and my God” (John 20:28). Jesus does not correct him. Titus 2:13 encourages us to wait for the coming of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ (see also 2 Peter 1:1). In Hebrews 1:8, the Father declares of Jesus, “But about the Son He says, ‘Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.’” The Father refers to Jesus as God, indicating that Jesus is indeed God.

Lucy

Established
In Revelation, an angel instructed the apostle John to only worship God (Revelation 19:10). Several times in Scripture Jesus receives worship (Matthew 2:11; 14:33; 28:9, 17; Luke 24:52; John 9:38). He never rebukes people for worshiping Him. If Jesus were not God, He would have told people to not worship Him, just as the angel in Revelation did. Beyond these, there are many other passages of Scripture that argue for Jesus being God.

Alanantic

Veteran
In Revelation, an angel instructed the apostle John to only worship God (Revelation 19:10). Several times in Scripture Jesus receives worship (Matthew 2:11; 14:33; 28:9, 17; Luke 24:52; John 9:38). He never rebukes people for worshiping Him. If Jesus were not God, He would have told people to not worship Him, just as the angel in Revelation did. Beyond these, there are many other passages of Scripture that argue for Jesus being God.
I think that "Messianic Urge" got him killed...

"The nail that sticks up gets hammered down." -- Chinese proverb

Tidal

Star
Thomas the disciple declared concerning Jesus, “My Lord and my God” (John 20:28). Jesus does not correct him.

On the other hand he didn't correct Peter either..;)
"He asked his disciples, 'Who do you say I am?'
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven." (Matt 13:16/17)

Incidentally, is it really important if some people think Jesus was God and some people think he wasn't?
Will those who are wrong get sent to hell?

Tidal

Star
If Jesus were not God, He would have told people to not worship Him..

Well he did seem to get fed up of it-
"A certain ruler asked him, “Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
“Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered, “No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)

Daze

Star
John reiterates the concept of Jesus’ deity: “The Word [Jesus] was God” and “the Word became flesh” (John 1:1, 14). These verses clearly indicate that Jesus is God in the flesh.
If it was clear there would be no such thing as a Unitarian Christian. While we have several here. Tidal and Todd and Orwells mentor for starters.

By Myself i can do nothing (John 5:30)

This verse clearly indicates Jesus is not god as God needs no one.

Acts 20:28 tells us, “Be shepherds of the church of God, which He bought with His own blood.” Who bought the church with His own blood? Jesus Christ. And this same verse declares that God purchased His church with His own blood. Therefore, Jesus is God.
Jesus didn't die. He's coming back right? Then how can he be dead?

That verse isn't as clear as your previous one. But here's a clear rebuttal to it all the same.

My God, My God, why have you forsaken me? (Matthew 27:46)

Please interpret this for us. Is Jesus bipolar or?

You say "clear indications" but there is no verse where Jesus specifically says "I am god", Nor does he even ask for worship. Why doesn't Jesus ever say "pray to me", worship me"?

I mean when we read the Bible we see Jesus himself worshiping God..

One of those days Jesus went out to a mountainside to pray, and spent the night praying to God. (Luke 6:12)

Why do you worship the worshiper?

What do you think will happen to the man who calls Noah his god and spends his entire life worshiping him?
Serious question. As there is only 1 Creator which means everything else is creation.

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
Muslims must put away the quran and pick up the Bible if they want to read the inspired writings of God.

There they would see the prophecy about a fallen heavenly being aka an angel playing God on the Temple mount.

Isaiah 14 12How you have fallen from heaven,

O day star, son of the dawn!

You have been cut down to the ground,

O destroyer of nations.

13You said in your heart:

“I will ascend to the heavens;

I will raise my throne above the stars of God.

I will sit on the mount of assembly, in the far reaches of the north.

14I will ascend above the tops of the clouds;

I will make myself like the Most High.”

I will sit on the mount of assembly, in the far reaches of the north.

That's the Temple mount. There he will have temple and pretend to be God.

TokiEl

Superstar
Who is the great pretender who pretends to be God on the Temple mount ?

Here he is....

Luke 4 5 Then the devil, taking Him up on a high mountain, showed Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. 6 And the devil said to Him, “All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish. 7 Therefore, if You will worship before me, all will be Yours.”

8 And Jesus answered and said to him, “Get behind Me, Satan!

TokiEl

Superstar
Did Jesus claim to be God ?

Duh that's why He was killed !

John 10 31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. 32 Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?”

33 The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

When Moses asked God who shall i say sent me... God said say I AM sent you.

John 8 58 Jesus said to them, “Truly truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

Jesus Christ is truly truly God.

You just don't understand that yourself is made up of a triune nature... just like God.

Lucy

Established
If it was clear there would be no such thing as a Unitarian Christian. While we have several here. Tidal and Todd and Orwells mentor for starters.
There are many false churches and religions.

Serious question. As there is only 1 Creator which means everything else is creation.
John 1:3

“All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made.”

Tidal

Star

Nah mate I've said before I don't belong to any organised religion and don't go to church because I don't need them to do my thinking for me..:)-
Jesus said "You have one teacher, me" (Matt 23:10)