DMX RIP

before they put him in jail and next they killed him
I thought the same, however, it appears as though he received a covid vaccine a week before his heart attack:

DMX Received Covid Vaccine Days Before Heart Attack - Family Says NO DRUGS! (EXCLUSIVE)

SomeNOBODY0

Rookie
How sad, I hoped he would pull through :( that he went to making music for the Lord meant a lot to me and I'm sure many others. It truly is disgusting that they reported drugs as the cause before any such information was available whether true or false, they didn't know when they told everybody.

Aero

Superstar
It's a sad story. Even sadder how everyone waits until someone dies to care suddenly.

To be clear, I've read the room, and I think most of these people are full of shit. Everyone on social media is streaming his music and watching his movies. But the reality is, none of that money will go to support his 15 children.

Did anyone help him pay off his debt when he declared bankruptcy 3 times? No, they didn't. And it's not like he owed 50 million dollars. His debts were a drop in the bucket for all the celebrities that came out of the left field to pay their "respects".

Maybe this is an indictment on fame in general. Some of these celebrities might have the public fooled, but I know sharks when I see them. When you're alive, they either ignore you or want you dead. When you are dead, they are mostly sad they didn't get to eat you.

Daze

Superstar
It's a sad story. Even sadder how everyone waits until someone dies to care suddenly.
I used to like a few of DMX's songs. I remember the industry turned on him over a decade ago so its not like he has the fanbase of today's generation.

Seems whenever someone dies people are reminded of their own death and feel a loss with it. When the person is famous everyone knows this person and feels this loss and are reminded of their own death.

Its weird, I've shed tears before over an online personality that passed on. Someone I've never met and knew nothing about beyond the screen name, the online persona. Granted i watched them for years but I'm not the kind of guy that cries, for anything. When time passed and I reflected on it, I realized I've lost a piece of myself. The "history" that the person took with them when they passed. This was likely why i was upset.

If you think about it some 30,000 people die everyday across the globe. But we are not bothered because we don't know them in any way, shape or form.

Perhaps this is why everyone suddenly cares? People are reminded of their own mortality whenever death claims one they know.

Aero

Superstar
I used to like a few of DMX's songs. I remember the industry turned on him over a decade ago so its not like he has the fanbase of today's generation.

Seems whenever someone dies people are reminded of their own death and feel a loss with it. When the person is famous everyone knows this person and feels this loss and are reminded of their own death.

Its weird, I've shed tears before over an online personality that passed on. Someone I've never met and knew nothing about beyond the screen name, the online persona. Granted i watched them for years but I'm not the kind of guy that cries, for anything. When time passed and I reflected on it, I realized I've lost a piece of myself. The "history" that the person took with them when they passed. This was likely why i was upset.

If you think about it some 30,000 people die everyday across the globe. But we are not bothered because we don't know them in any way, shape or form.

Perhaps this is why everyone suddenly cares? People are reminded of their own mortality whenever death claims one they know.
You may well be right, but what you describe can only be described as selfish behavior.

If we mourn the dead to compensate for our own mortality it says a lot about what we really think about others. In essence, we don't think about others, we barely consider them except for when they provide some benefit or relief from ourselves.

I don't think that's in our nature, I think this reality is based on some type of psychological conditioning. Of course, I chalk it up to herd mentality. Like it's considered odd, or stupid to act even halfway selfless. If a person was wholly selfless they will be a total outcast and ridiculed to the very edges of every social order.

Daze

Superstar
You may well be right, but what you describe can only be described as selfish behavior.

If we mourn the dead to compensate for our own mortality it says a lot about what we really think about others. In essence, we don't think about others, we barely consider them except for when they provide some benefit or relief from ourselves.

I don't think that's in our nature, I think this reality is based on some type of psychological conditioning. Of course, I chalk it up to herd mentality. Like it's considered odd, or stupid to act even halfway selfless. If a person was wholly selfless they will be a total outcast and ridiculed to the very edges of every social order.
If you have no connections to the deceased. How can it be anything but selfish? Of course people will mourn loved ones. But a celebrity?

Unless they lived in our house, the truth is we don't know the first thing about them. We don't, people may say things about the individual but what makes them credible?

Lets look at Tom Hanks, 20 years ago the majority of Americans wanted him for president, literally. Today he's a known p***phile with few fans. The same can be said for many actors, athletes, musicians, whatever. People who have an ounce of fame, unless they live in our house the truth is we know nothing about them.

Look at your next door neighbor, what do you really know about him? Chances are high hes got some skeleton in his closet that you'd never guess.

How you gonna cry over someone you don't know? Idk.

Maes17

Superstar

To be clear, I've read the room, and I think most of these people are full of shit. Everyone on social media is streaming his music and watching his movies. But the reality is, none of that money will go to support his 15 children.

Did anyone help him pay off his debt when he declared bankruptcy 3 times? No, they didn't. And it's not like he owed 50 million dollars. His debts were a drop in the bucket for all the celebrities that came out of the left field to pay their "respects".

Maybe this is an indictment on fame in general. Some of these celebrities might have the public fooled, but I know sharks when I see them. When you're alive, they either ignore you or want you dead. When you are dead, they are mostly sad they didn't get to eat you.
It’s a corrupt system

Aero

Superstar
If you have no connections to the deceased. How can it be anything but selfish? Of course people will mourn loved ones. But a celebrity?

Unless they lived in our house, the truth is we don't know the first thing about them. We don't, people may say things about the individual but what makes them credible?

Lets look at Tom Hanks, 20 years ago the majority of Americans wanted him for president, literally. Today he's a known p***phile with few fans. The same can be said for many actors, athletes, musicians, whatever. People who have an ounce of fame, unless they live in our house the truth is we know nothing about them.

Look at your next door neighbor, what do you really know about him? Chances are high hes got some skeleton in his closet that you'd never guess.

How you gonna cry over someone you don't know? Idk.
Mourning privately in your own way may not be selfish. Even for someone, you don't know. My main issue is the public type of mourning that is clearly all for show. But that behavior goes back to the dawn of time. Humans have always been putting on these elaborate funeral rituals, and the fact of the matter is we do it for ourselves, not to pay respects to the dead.

Even Crows have funerals, but again, they don't do it out of respect. They do it to try to learn how the dead crow died, so they can avoid dying in the future. Now, I'm not saying I don't want a funeral. I'm saying I don't think it's respectful for people to suddenly show up and care *after* someone dies.

I get what you are saying about skeletons in people's closets. The reality there is, people don't want to know. People build up these false images of each other in their heads and will perform serious mental gymnastics to deny that falsehood. A good example is a city I live in. Where the cops let so much crime go completely unchecked.

When I grew up I was taught to respect the law because jail sucks, and having a criminal record hurts your future and is embarrassing. But I now know I was taught the wrong thing. I should have been taught to show fake respect to the scumbags.