Disturbing new sexxx Ed approved

polymoog

Superstar
I agree with opting out Polymoog. The problem is that this is completely unheard of until someone catches it and makes a big deal of it.
well, people need to start standing up for themselves instead of just going with the flow and being a sheep. speak up and say "NO!" loudly. we have our own arsenal that we can use against them: social media, newspapers, radio, etc. speak out and make a fuss and call out the BS. they will fold and back down with the pressure-- if the left can use it, so can we.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
well, people need to start standing up for themselves instead of just going with the flow and being a sheep. speak up and say "NO!" loudly. we have our own arsenal that we can use against them: social media, newspapers, radio, etc. speak out and make a fuss and call out the BS. they will fold and back down with the pressure-- if the left can use it, so can we.
You're right. Let me tell you that the common core curriculum was sneaked in and most parents didn't realize it until their children started coming home with strange math problems or when their kids started getting frustrated with their homework. There was no notice to parents AT ALL, like "hey we have an innovative way to teach kids, here's a sample, check it out and see how you like it for your children". No notice at all

polymoog

Superstar
You're right. Let me tell you that the common core curriculum was sneaked in and most parents didn't realize it until their children started coming home with strange math problems or when their kids started getting frustrated with their homework. There was no notice to parents AT ALL, like "hey we have an innovative way to teach kids, here's a sample, check it out and see how you like it for your children". No notice at all
we must remain constantly vigilant about everything. rarely are we informed. ingredients change and are substituted frequently on foods that we USED to think were safe, we are not told of the dangers of 5G/wifi or cell phone radiation, etc., etc.
my general rule of thumb is that if you notice a change, its almost always for the worst/not in your best interests, and always best to either opt out, cancel, or go back to the original.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
we must remain constantly vigilant about everything. rarely are we informed. ingredients change and are substituted frequently on foods that we USED to think were safe, we are not told of the dangers of 5G/wifi or cell phone radiation, etc., etc.
my general rule of thumb is that if you notice a change, its almost always for the worst/not in your best interests, and always best to either opt out, cancel, or go back to the original.
Insidious is what it is. In sharing our space with the evil ones we do have to be vigilant about all those sneaky, insidious ways that attempt to sabotage us.
We must do what we can to preserve our health, values and principles and help those who are on the same page as us.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
It’s a question. If you don’t want them, don’t post threads.

I read through the actual text of the bill and quite frankly I don’t see the big to-do.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160AB329
I mean I know it's possible to have a nice and respectful Discussion and not a full-blown Argument ;-)
I read through the bill too and I don't see anything suspicious, but I was skimming through a new history textbook and I was unpleasantly surprised to see it talking about LGBT and their rights movement and of people in history that were homosexual and their accomplishments. I don't see how someone's sexuality has anything to do with their historical accomplishments. So even though this bill isn't being more informative about what they actually plan on rolling out, I still have my BIG doubts and reservations.

justjess

Superstar
Literally like 90% of the bill is about the parents rights to opt out and explicit instructions and procedures of how to make that known and the process etc.

There’s one little blurb about homosexuals:
5) Instruction and materials shall affirmatively recognize that people have different sexual orientations and, when discussing or providing examples of relationships and couples, shall be inclusive of same-sex relationships.
(6) Instruction and materials shall teach pupils about gender, gender expression, gender identity, and explore the harm of negative gender stereotypes.

That’s it. And right after that is again a paragraph about directing and encouraging children to discuss with their parents.

I think a lot of this stuff gets unnecessary hype. I understand the worry/concern but it’s typically unfounded over these explosive topics while the real true concerns we need to be having with the school system are completely ignored.

The school to prison pipeline. Teaching to the test instead of how to think. Budgetary cuts. Lack of behavioral and mental health services due to budgetary cuts. Lack of curriculum which actually teaches our kids how to function in the world (very few people ever use trigonometry but budgeting would be a great class).

And this is the same problem with the world in general... everyone focuses on these identity issues because they are so divisive despite the fact that in the grande scheme they are irrelevant, and has no energy left for what we should really be getting upset about.

My son learned about homosexuals at 7, he’s fine and still straight. The kids will be alright.

Edit: history textbooks have never reflected history. That is the real problem.

polymoog

Superstar
What exactly is objectionable? The mention that gay people exist?
for the record, i am speaking for myself here, not others.

gay people are a reality. i have no problem with it as long as it isnt encouraged (accepted is fine, encouraged is not).

from the bill: section b...
(2) To provide pupils with the knowledge and skills they need to develop healthy attitudes concerning adolescent growth and development, body image, gender, sexual orientation, relationships, marriage, and family.

theres only 2 genders (the rare intersex, so its plain to see that the school system wants to try and program kids at a young age to believe there are more genders than stars in the sky. id opt out of it just on that basis.

educating kids about anal sex? im OK with it as long as they arent encouraging it. thats the difference: education and advocation (meaning endorsement). i have a hard time believing that teachers (most of which are crap) know the difference and can teach our kids while being neutral about it (especially in a place like california).

justjess

Superstar
for the record, i am speaking for myself here, not others.

gay people are a reality. i have no problem with it as long as it isnt encouraged (accepted is fine, encouraged is not).

from the bill: section b...
(2) To provide pupils with the knowledge and skills they need to develop healthy attitudes concerning adolescent growth and development, body image, gender, sexual orientation, relationships, marriage, and family.

theres only 2 genders (the rare intersex, so its plain to see that the school system wants to try and program kids at a young age to believe there are more genders than stars in the sky. id opt out of it just on that basis.

educating kids about anal sex? im OK with it as long as they arent encouraging it. thats the difference: education and advocation (meaning endorsement). i have a hard time believing that teachers (most of which are crap) know the difference and can teach our kids while being neutral about it (especially in a place like california).
Later in the bill it mentions gender stereotypes so I’m not too sure that can be interpreted to mean they are going to inundate with transgender propaganda. The materials are all available for review so I wouldn’t really as a parent jump to a conclusion without looking at it.

I mean.. I see some of my kids homework and j find their general dumbing down of everything to be more offensive but it is what it is. Schools weren’t developed to actually educate anyone anyway.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Literally like 90% of the bill is about the parents rights to opt out and explicit instructions and procedures of how to make that known and the process etc.

There’s one little blurb about homosexuals:
5) Instruction and materials shall affirmatively recognize that people have different sexual orientations and, when discussing or providing examples of relationships and couples, shall be inclusive of same-sex relationships.
(6) Instruction and materials shall teach pupils about gender, gender expression, gender identity, and explore the harm of negative gender stereotypes.

That’s it. And right after that is again a paragraph about directing and encouraging children to discuss with their parents.

I think a lot of this stuff gets unnecessary hype. I understand the worry/concern but it’s typically unfounded over these explosive topics while the real true concerns we need to be having with the school system are completely ignored.

The school to prison pipeline. Teaching to the test instead of how to think. Budgetary cuts. Lack of behavioral and mental health services due to budgetary cuts. Lack of curriculum which actually teaches our kids how to function in the world (very few people ever use trigonometry but budgeting would be a great class).

And this is the same problem with the world in general... everyone focuses on these identity issues because they are so divisive despite the fact that in the grande scheme they are irrelevant, and has no energy left for what we should really be getting upset about.

My son learned about homosexuals at 7, he’s fine and still straight. The kids will be alright.
I agree with you. I think these are mere distractions instead of focusing on what really matters. The essence of this world really, distraction. I would rather they teach kids how to eat healthy, how to cook, how to do laundry, how to get along with others, how to take care of the planet, etc. Some basic things that parents have no energy or mind to teach their kids.

If respect in the right context was taught, there would be less problems. Sadly, a lot of parents don't teach that to their kids and then, well you know what happens.

You've done well. It's important to teach children that even though homosexuality exists, one has to be respectful. It's not right to completely shield them from it. It's important that parents do have the talk no matter how shy or embarrassed they may feel and that also includes teaching them that sadly some boys like boys and some girls like girls but it's not right/natural.

polymoog

Superstar
Later in the bill it mentions gender stereotypes so I’m not too sure that can be interpreted to mean they are going to inundate with transgender propaganda. The materials are all available for review so I wouldn’t really as a parent jump to a conclusion without looking at it.
i trust the school system and their school programming 0%, so i would opt out every time.

I mean.. I see some of my kids homework and j find their general dumbing down of everything to be more offensive but it is what it is. Schools weren’t developed to actually educate anyone anyway.
agreed.

The Zone

Star
Dumbing down has been happening and I am convinced some of it happens via nutrition the more I look into it but the school systems that would not even go to metrics in the US are a joke and that especially holds true for colleges. I think we've been attacked by what I will call influencers to the point where they have perhaps half the populace asleep. Technology is a distraction at its best these days and we're all funneled into desired groups of compliant organic bots.

justjess

Superstar
Bread and circuses.

The point of public school was always and only to create compliant workers for industry. It was never about education, it was to see who could tow the line well enough. Who was controllable enough. It’s even worse now with literal policing of children.

University really isn’t included... it is what you make of it but the opportunity is there. The ridiculous push to have everyone get a degree no matter how pointless, however, was a massive money grab and has caused a lot of damage generationally and to the economy overall - debt preventing home ownership, saturated marketplace in some things and starving in others..