Disney And Other Children's "programming"

rainerann

Star
I knew that Sia made the weird video Chandelier with the little girl from Dance Moms. I remember thinking it was weird because the song has nothing to do with a young girl suffering from some kind of abusive oppressive environment that traps some incredible creative potential demonstrated by an elaborate dance routine. The video makes it look like the song is supposed to be about a preteen girl who is being molested symbolized by the nude leotard that makes it seem like she is naked. Although, the lyrics are about a girl who is going to escape some pain in her past by partying and drinking to feel alive. There is just such a severe clash between the two perspectives that the whole thing becomes even more suspicious.

However, I had no idea she was in three of Sia's videos and that the other two are even more bizarre than the first one. I almost puked watching that video Elastic Heart.

At min 3:30, this 12-year-old girl is on the shoulders of a grown man who spins her around on his shoulders so he is holding her from the front. That was just a disgusting move. Like there are no boundaries that protect this young girl in this setting.

Then, at 3:40, they show her making Shia switch. Maddie takes her fist and presses it on his forehead, and every time she does this his expression changes like she is changing the channel on a remote. Just blatant switching and demonstration of a hypnotic cue being used. Just unbelievable to imagine parents letting their children participate in something like this.

Just absolutely gross. I have been feeling guilty lately for being overprotective. I no longer feel guilty.

Dan

Veteran
I knew that Sia made the weird video Chandelier with the little girl from Dance Moms. I remember thinking it was weird because the song has nothing to do with a young girl suffering from some kind of abusive oppressive environment that traps some incredible creative potential demonstrated by an elaborate dance routine. The video makes it look like the song is supposed to be about a preteen girl who is being molested symbolized by the nude leotard that makes it seem like she is naked. Although, the lyrics are about a girl who is going to escape some pain in her past by partying and drinking to feel alive. There is just such a severe clash between the two perspectives that the whole thing becomes even more suspicious.

However, I had no idea she was in three of Sia's videos and that the other two are even more bizarre than the first one. I almost puked watching that video Elastic Heart.

At min 3:30, this 12-year-old girl is on the shoulders of a grown man who spins her around on his shoulders so he is holding her from the front. That was just a disgusting move. Like there are no boundaries that protect this young girl in this setting.

Then, at 3:40, they show her making Shia switch. Maddie takes her fist and presses it on his forehead, and every time she does this his expression changes like she is changing the channel on a remote. Just blatant switching and demonstration of a hypnotic cue being used. Just unbelievable to imagine parents letting their children participate in something like this.

Just absolutely gross. I have been feeling guilty lately for being overprotective. I no longer feel guilty.

Don't you think 12 year old girls think about boys or men? It's not like they screwed each other. When I was 12 I thought about women. Older women.

rainerann

Star
Don't you think 12 year old girls think about boys or men? It's not like they screwed each other. When I was 12 I thought about women. Older women.
I have no idea what you are trying to say. Are you trying to say that this demonstrates some kind of fantasy scenario of the young girl? or is this sarcasm of some kind.

And no, 12-year-old girls don't think about grown men. They might think about boys closer to their own age, but not grown men. That would be awkward for a young girl.

When I was 12 years old, I used to ride bikes all over town with my girlfriends. We would talk about boys. My friend had a tape recorder that she would use to tape record conversations with a boy she had a crush on from school and we listen to them together. Never did we ever discuss grown men that we knew personally or from movies.

The first time we ever talked about boys who were older than us, we were 14 and it was freshman year of high school, and we were talking about the seniors who were still 17 years old and only 3 years older than we were, not ten years older than us. That would have been gross.

Last edited:

Dan

Veteran
I have no idea what you are trying to say. Are you trying to say that this demonstrates some kind of fantasy scenario of the young girl? or is this sarcasm of some kind.

And no, 12-year-old girls don't think about grown men. They might think about boys closer to their own age, but not grown men. That would be awkward for a young girl.

When I was 12 years old, I used to ride bikes all over town with my girlfriends. We would talk about boys. My friend had a tape recorder that she would use to tape record conversations with a boy she had a crush on from school and we listen to them together. Never did we ever discuss grown men that we knew personally or from movies.

The first time we ever talked about boys who were older than us, we were 14 and it was freshman year of high school, and we were talking about the seniors who were still 17 years old and only 3 years older than we were, not ten years older than us. That would have been gross.
Wow, aren't we perfectly innocent. I can only speak from my own perspective anyway. As a 12 or 13 year old I was hot for teacher. Some of us are written that way.

Mr.Grieves

Veteran
And no, 12-year-old girls don't think about grown men.
My sisters childhood room plastered with Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, and Tom Cruise posters the bulk of which were shirtless would disagree. You seriously had NO adult idols as a kid? I was desperately in love with Sarah Michelle Gellar, myself... and prior to that had confusing feelings about Deep Space Nine's Major Kira and the strange but alluring shape of her rear in dem tights. Before that, I had these college-student babysitters I called 'the beautiful girls' when I was like, 8.

While Dance Moms is unquestionably creepy shiz, I'm a bit iffy on the whole 'child dancers = pedo!' thing. These 'Sia' videos you've got posted here for example depict a girl dancing, and in one she's even dancing with a grown man (the ever-strange Shia Labeouf) but it's all very interpretive and none of it seems particularly sexualized. I've not watched them thoroughly, but at a glance I didn't see any 'twerking' or 'yiking' or whatever, nothing particularly hip-centric, it all looks like legit creative dance, and are we saying girls engaged in dance is inherently perverted? Ballet is something millions of young girls engage in all over the world, flaunting their poise and flexibility. Gymnastics is much the same, encouraging displays of contortionism and extreme body control. Each requires a girl to don a leotard and eventually perform for a crowd in which inevitably men will be present. Does that make these practices innately perverse?

I think intent of the audience and intent of the venue are the deciding factors for most of us. A gymnastics routine performed in front of applauding and teary-eyed parents is innocuous, that same gymnastics routine performed in front of a crowd of gawking strangers or a panel of sleazy judges toes toward perversion. So, is the intent of Sia and the makers of these videos ill in nature? Is the target audience appreciating the artistry of the music and dance, or is it these guys...?

I'm not certain, but I'd like to think sometimes a kid dancing is just a kid dancing.

Mr.Grieves

Veteran
I was flipping through the channels and a music video from this movie or whatever it is came on the Disney Channel. I listened to some of the lyrics and was completely appalled. This is what they are trying to throw in the faces of our children eh? Give it a catchy beat and you get the kids hypnotized and repeating the lyrics in their heads. Here are the lyrics:

Ah!

We got all the ways to be
W-I-C-K-E-D
W-I-C-K-E-D

C'mon!
Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey
Ha, ha, ha!
Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey!

Crashing the party
Guess they lost my invitation
Friendly reminder
Got my own kind of persuasion

Looks like this place could use a bit of misbehavior
Happily Ever After with a little flavor

Bad to the bone with even worse intentions
We're gonna steal the show and leave 'em all defenseless

A fairy tale life can be—oh—so overrated
So raise your voices and let's get it activated

Long live havin' some fun
We take what we want
There's so many ways to be wicked
With us evil lives on
The right side of wrong

Apple apple
Dip dip
Wanna try it?
Tick tick
Take a bite
C'mon, be bold
Change the way the story's told

This time the dark is finally getting your attention
We're wicked by the book and class is back in session
You like it steal it, gotta beat 'em to the treasure
A rite of passage
Bad just doesn't get much better!

We take what we want
With us evil lives on
The right side of wrong

Mother always knows best
Show her, pass every test
Hear her voice in my head
Evil is the only real way to win

Hey, hey, hey, hey!
W-I-C-K-E-D
Let's go!

Hey, hey, hey, hey!
W-I-C-K-E-D
Yeah!

We take what we want
With us evil lives on
The right side of wrong

Cruel and unusual
We're taking control
With us evil lives on
The right side of wrong

Hey, hey, hey, hey!
W-I-C-K-E-D
W-I-C-K-E-D
W-I-C-K-E-D
So many ways to be wicked
Yeah, I posted this music video a few weeks back in another thread on a similar subject, as finding it on youtube gave me a distinct case of the heebie-jeebies. Such unabashed promotion of shitty behavior and morals aimed right at the heart of like, 6-12 year olds.

Dan

Veteran
All people should be vigilant. This is a material world (Madonna reference not intended) that seeks to profit off of sex, for one thing. This is the most primal and powerful force of nature that the corrupted world profits from. When it includes pre-pubescent children then I have a serious fight with that system. But there is no denying that sex is everywhere, and when you hit puberty you ARE attracted sexually to many people of your own age or older. This is a primal fact. BUT I do not think it should be promoted in the media. All people, young and old, should be allowed the freedom to explore it in their own way, without the creepy grooming system.

Sex, in a controlling way, is r*pe. Regardless of age, sex, or gender identification.

rainerann

Star
My sisters childhood room plastered with Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, and Tom Cruise posters the bulk of which were shirtless would disagree. You seriously had NO adult idols as a kid? I was desperately in love with Sarah Michelle Gellar, myself... and prior to that had confusing feelings about Deep Space Nine's Major Kira and the strange but alluring shape of her rear in dem tights. Before that, I had these college-student babysitters I called 'the beautiful girls' when I was like, 8.

While Dance Moms is unquestionably creepy shiz, I'm a bit iffy on the whole 'child dancers = pedo!' thing. These 'Sia' videos you've got posted here for example depict a girl dancing, and in one she's even dancing with a grown man (the ever-strange Shia Labeouf) but it's all very interpretive and none of it seems particularly sexualized. I've not watched them thoroughly, but at a glance I didn't see any 'twerking' or 'yiking' or whatever, nothing particularly hip-centric, it all looks like legit creative dance, and are we saying girls engaged in dance is inherently perverted? Ballet is something millions of young girls engage in all over the world, flaunting their poise and flexibility. Gymnastics is much the same, encouraging displays of contortionism and extreme body control. Each requires a girl to don a leotard and eventually perform for a crowd in which inevitably men will be present. Does that make these practices innately perverse?

I think intent of the audience and intent of the venue are the deciding factors for most of us. A gymnastics routine performed in front of applauding and teary-eyed parents is innocuous, that same gymnastics routine performed in front of a crowd of gawking strangers or a panel of sleazy judges toes toward perversion. So, is the intent of Sia and the makers of these videos ill in nature? Is the target audience appreciating the artistry of the music and dance, or is it these guys...?

I'm not certain, but I'd like to think sometimes a kid dancing is just a kid dancing.
Right, I would agree with you for the most part. However, the reason that gymnasts are able to perform without it being sexualized is because we create boundaries for this. Girls do not perform or compete with men. These girls perform in their own events against each other.

This doesn't mean that I am opposed to all things co-ed. It means that where little girls are concerned, you need to be able to see certain boundaries defined that appear to be intentionally removed from the video with Maddie and Shia.

It is one thing for a 12-year-old girl to have a crush on a grown man. It is another thing for her to have her crotch in his face for any period of time like she does a couple time in the video.

It is another thing to have the song be about having an elastic heart and not being able to be broken by a certain person. So the video seemed to demonstrate the impression that the song is again about a young girl who was sexually molested but survived with what she refers to as an elastic heart. Shia seems to play the role of this perpetrator that this young girl felt caged with, but was able to escape.

Now, this would be a good message in theory. However, because this would be a good message that you could use to justify this sort of thing and you don't do this when the video clearly seems to suggest that this is what the song is about, that is just weird. Why aren't you playing into this in a way that would suggest that this was something that was supposed to motivate the sexual abuse survivors groups that they can be set free of their cages or whatever.

Furthermore, what you said only suggests to me that you have a healthy way of looking at young girls. It doesn't serve as evidence that the intentions of the video were purely artistic just because you have a healthy way at looking at young girls.

As a parent, whether or not many people will see young girls the same way that you do, it is still my job to protect a young girl from the ones who won't look at them in a healthy way. It would have been nice to see more effort to do this in these videos. Sexual assault is rampant. It is not something to treat with indifference.

Devine

Star

Sia is pure illuminati programming at it's most blatant :)

Devine

Star
@Dan don't you see that this sort of stuff has nothing to do with what the kids are into sexually and everything to do with what depraved adults are into sexually?

Dan

Veteran
@Dan don't you see that this sort of stuff has nothing to do with what the kids are into sexually and everything to do with what depraved adults are into sexually?
Yes, I see. What I am saying is that so-called children come into sexual maturity at ages 12 to 13 but I disagree with the sexual grooming system, that certain adults promote. I do not trust the school curriculum system, I do not trust ANY system. All are corrupt and evil. If I ever had children then I would impose puritan values on them. God forbid, even that may be wrong.

Devine

Star

yeah i used to have a crush on my 40- something teacher in middle school i liked to shock all my little friends by talking about it :)
having learned what i have about this topic also through pizzagate etc. leads me to believe that this stuff like the sia video is supposed to be a gateway to worse. because there's nothing "technically" wrong with it. but when i see stuff like this i ask myself, why? why would a girl of that age and a man of that age be dancing, half dressed like that, in a cage? to me it's not real dancing and it's not art. and when you start to research it more you see the same themes cropping up everywhere, then you learn about the dirty pedos who run and own hollywood..idk.
but i do think it's funny you brought up gymnastics please look at these headlines lol:
https://www.google.com/search?q=gymnastics&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#tbm=nws&q=gymnastics+scandal
especially since i had my kid, i try to look at every aspect of our so called american "culture" before i pass it on to him and ask why it is there and what value does it have. cause them bastards are evil evil

Last edited:

Mr.Grieves

Veteran
The video makes it look like the song is supposed to be about a preteen girl who is being molested symbolized by the nude leotard that makes it seem like she is naked.
So the video seemed to demonstrate the impression that the song is again about a young girl who was sexually molested but survived with what she refers to as an elastic heart. Shia seems to play the role of this perpetrator that this young girl felt caged with, but was able to escape.
You keep referencing molestation and sexual abuse as the themes of these videos, but your basis for that eludes me. Is it really down to the leotard?
If anything, watching the 'elastic heart' video a little more closely, it very much seems to me as though Shia is the 'victim' and the girl is a kind of tormentor. The impression I got from the video was not of an abusive or sexual relationship between two people, but of an internal conflict taking place within someone's mind; sort of like the girl as the 'Id' and Shia as the 'Ego', the inner free spirit struggling to shake up and release the caged voice of reason and pragmatism, hence the contrast between adult man and young girl. I could be wrong, but that's certainly what I got from it.

I think, again, a lot of this has to do with what you bring to the table as the audience. If you have personal issues with or extreme feelings about sexual abuse, that may be the first place your mind goes when seeing imagery like this.

Devine

Star
You keep referencing molestation and sexual abuse as the themes of these videos, but your basis for that eludes me. Is it really down to the leotard?
If anything, watching the 'elastic heart' video a little more closely, it very much seems to me as though Shia is the 'victim' and the girl is a kind of tormentor. The impression I got from the video was not of an abusive or sexual relationship between two people, but of an internal conflict taking place within someone's mind; sort of like the girl as the 'Id' and Shia as the 'Ego', the inner free spirit struggling to shake up and release the caged voice of reason and pragmatism, hence the contrast between adult man and young girl. I could be wrong, but that's certainly what I got from it.

I think, again, a lot of this has to do with what you bring to the table as the audience. If you have personal issues with or extreme feelings about sexual abuse, that may be the first place your mind goes when seeing imagery like this.
your last sentence sounds like you are implying that of rainerann? would be kinda rude if so. also, i've posted a lot of threads with "evidence" of this sort of thing, please check em out! :)

Last edited:

rainerann

Star

One day when you have a daughter, maybe we will discuss this again. My daughter is almost 12, so my feelings about what I see from this video come from my own understanding of what I would do for my daughter. When I look at my daughter's face, I can still see all the features of when she one day old. It can't completely be explained how when she does something, I am able to remember when she did something similar when she was days old. It is the most beautiful thing to watch a baby grow into a person.

So my perspective is formed because I live with a little girl who is almost 12 years old. A 12-year-old girl is still a baby. She may be in the beginning stages of puberty, but she is still a baby. As a mother of a daughter who is almost 12 years old, there is no way a grown man is ever going to approach my daughter in this way. I can hardly picture my little girl's father ever giving permission for such a thing. In fact, I am pretty sure he would throw a fit and not allow it. It is difficult to picture being a parent before you actually have a child. You can only presume that you would have the same perspective that you do now, but I guarantee that all changes when you look at your child and know they are the same person you held as a baby. I do believe this bond that is created and this experience of being the parent of a child with this awareness is what makes a parent the most appropriate people to determine what boundaries are appropriate for children in cases like this. I am sorry if you offends you if I say that if you don't have children, you are not qualified to determine what is appropriate behavior for a child to participate in.

However, I still recognize that there are several ways to modify the video to be more appropriate for a 12-year-old girl to participate in. You could have made the boy younger. Then, the other person she was dancing with would have been more of a peer. You could also have just had them wear more clothes and it would not be so offensive. If she was wearing more clothes, they could have probably done the same routine and it would have been half as offensive. You could also have used an older female dancer. Even casting a 15 or 16 year old girl would have been more appropriate for the choice of costume along with the choreography that included having the girl's crotch in the face of the guy she was dancing with.

You could also have removed that move from the choreography where she is sitting on his shoulders and he turns her around to the front and her crotch is in his face before she is lowered. The routine could have included less physical contact than it did and it would have been more appropriate for a adult male and young female to perform. So there are several ways to have made this less offensive to parents of girls between that age range.

I also mentioned something about how she appears to causing Shia to switch visibly by pressing her hand against her forehead. This was the second part of what bothered me about the video was the reference to mind control that is made. His face literally changes expressions each time she does this like she is changing the channel on the remote. So my original point actually included being offended by the combination of these two components as well that seems to have become lost.

Mr.Grieves

Veteran
your last sentence sounds like you are implying that of rainerann? would be kinda rude if so
I'm not trying to be rude, just pointing out how different their perception of the themes and implications of the video are from my own. I don't know rainerann at all and certainly can't and won't be making any suppositions about them, it just stands to reason that a person who sees such things in these videos may have a very personal reason for doing so. Rain's just made another post confirming that; that she has a daughter, and is highly alert to and fearful of her facing any kind of abuse, this heavily impacting her impression of the video.

I am sorry if you offends you if I say that if you don't have children, you are not qualified to determine what is appropriate behavior for a child to participate in.
This is fair. I'm not a parent, and if I had a daughter of an age reminiscent of the girl in this video, I can imagine my reaction being rather similar in a 'Not MY kid..!' sense.
I also mentioned something about how she appears to causing Shia to switch visibly by pressing her hand against her forehead. This was the second part of what bothered me about the video was the reference to mind control that is made. His face literally changes expressions each time she does this like she is changing the channel on the remote. So my original point actually included being offended by the combination of these two components as well that seems to become lost.
The 'mind control' aspect is interesting, but if looked at through my interpretation (cage as the mind, girl as the id or 'heart', dude as the ego) is rather less insidious. I was just curious about the themes of molestation and sexual abuse you perceive in the video, as I wasn't getting even a whiff of that.

rainerann

Star
I'm not trying to be rude, just pointing out how different their perception of the themes and implications of the video are from my own. I don't know rainerann at all and certainly can't and won't be making any suppositions about them, it just stands to reason that a person who sees such things in these videos may have a very personal reason for doing so. Rain's just made another post confirming that; that she has a daughter, and is highly alert to and fearful of her facing any kind of abuse, this heavily impacting her impression of the video.

This is fair. I'm not a parent, and if I had a daughter of an age reminiscent of the girl in this video, I can imagine my reaction being rather similar in a 'Not MY kid..!' sense.

The 'mind control' aspect is interesting, but if looked at through my interpretation (cage as the mind, girl as the id or 'heart', dude as the ego) is rather less insidious. I was just curious about the themes of molestation and sexual abuse you perceive in the video, as I wasn't getting even a whiff of that.
How familiar are you with the subject of sexual abuse? Have you ever read any sort of literature on the subject? The first significant aspect of this on the initial presentation of the video is the way the environment seems dirty. This would reflect a victim of sexual abuse feeling dirty because of the experience.

The cage is actually the second most significant aspect relevant to the experience of sexual abuse that I can see how you wouldn't catch if you are unfamiliar with the subject. Most sexual assault that takes place before the age of 15 is usually committed by someone who has a close association with the child. Studies show that most r*pe of children under 15 does not take place by strangers. Therefore, victims of early childhood sexual assault often feel trapped because there is no place else to go in these cases. This is why dissociation occurs that leads to memory loss; or in other words, the child finds a way to escape an environment that has no other exit.

It is also common for children who were sexually abused by people with close associations to develop a sort of Stockholm syndrome because the person who is abusing them is also the person providing something for them. They will return to their abusers because of this the same way the girl returns to the cage even when she is able to get out.

Then, in the end where she leaves the cage again, but this time, she tries to bring him with her until he eventually dies appears to indicate the end of abuse. In treatment of victims of sexual abuse, it is often that the death of a perpetrator marks the beginning of treatment for the abuse that was suffered. There is a significant relationship between the death of the perpetrator and the experience of being released from the cage in a permanent way.

I have encountered many, many victims of sexual abuse. I cannot see that the video would not be considered a trigger at any point in time. So I guess I also feel protective of this community that I know would not be able to view this video in the way that you were able to do. As a result of this, it surprises me that a female artist like Sia would be so insensitive to this community that plays a fairly large role in the subject of woman's rights. I would think most women are familiar with themes that were identified during the r*pe crisis movement in order to advocate protecting women from sexual violence. I don't think you can grow into an adult woman in the western world without some exposure to this, so it surprises me a great deal that Sia shows such indifference to something that is otherwise so unifying for woman. We can disagree on many things, but collectively agree in opposing sexual violence because we are all affected by its presence.

I also make this conclusion because of the several ways that I could see modifying this video in order to remove this sort of suspicion. It would be very easy without corrupting the interpretation you were able to identify within this video. Since it would be so easy to remove this sort of confusion, the fact that this was neglected makes me feel uncomfortable on many levels as well.

Aero

Superstar
I feel like I should refer to that "creepy Joe Biden" thread. Specifically the video about his body language when interacting with different families. If you watch that video the author points out clearly the submissive parents. When parents act submissive it basically gives people permission to touch their kid. And I'm bringing this up because this is how I see the parents of all Mk Ultra victims.

At some point in every victims childhood their parents gave them away. They submitted to whatever system of control had power over them. And that is all it took. It doesn't necessarily mean sexual abuse took place, but these kids are all getting touched by adults with more power than their parents. If you think about it symbolically than the mind control angle makes sense. We grow up under our parents control for the most part, but it's not hard for other adults to move in.

From there it's a question of how deep you want to go. Our subconscious doesn't forget.