Different Worlds Are Possible

Etagloc

Superstar
Spanish anarchism :)

fascinating stuff!

I actually haven't watched this documentary yet.... I watched a different documentary but I post this one instead because this one has English subtitles

still! I'm telling you- this is fascinating stuff! Anyways, I post this to show that yes it is very much possible for their to be other ways and we don't have to all be Fukuyamaists

Etagloc

Superstar
Hey Eta do you know of this workers' cooperative? Excellent endeavor.
They help or helped countries/people of North Africa develop as well:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mondragon_Corporation
That is fascinating! I'll have to read more about that.

To be honest, I am sort of intrigued by the concept of alternatives to capitalism. I had an older friend who would spontaneously give speeches against capitalism and I sort of think of being against capitalism as sort of an older people thing..... I think it is more something with older people than with people my age (coming from a mid-20's perspective).....

I mean, for example Zizek. Zizek is kind of an old person. I mean... he still criticizes capitalism and theorizes about alternatives. He seems like a dinosaur to me in a way.

But I think that species will return because.... I think that species is right.

mecca

Superstar
That is fascinating! I'll have to read more about that.

To be honest, I am sort of intrigued by the concept of alternatives to capitalism. I had an older friend who would spontaneously give speeches against capitalism and I sort of think of being against capitalism as sort of an older people thing..... I think it is more something with older people than with people my age (coming from a mid-20's perspective).....

I mean, for example Zizek. Zizek is kind of an old person. I mean... he still criticizes capitalism and theorizes about alternatives. He seems like a dinosaur to me in a way.

But I think that species will return because.... I think that species is right.
Since capitalism is starting to really harm young people nowadays, I think more people are criticizing it.

Last edited: