Difference Between Various Stories Across Abrahamic Religions

DisenfranchisedDespot

Established
The verse floss referred was because the Pharisees wanted to appear pious by making a show with prayer.

Jesus isn't saying to go find a closet to but metaphorically pray from the inside of your mind. There's nothing wrong with a silent prayer here or there regardless of where one may be.

Todd

Star
I think the main difference between the stories of the Bible and the Quran regards sin. In the Bible, as DD pointed out, a lot of the prophets were great sinners and royally messed up hard at times. .
That's not what I read in the Bible. Yeah some of them messed up on occasion or had doubts about God at times,, but all of them had to come to a point were they had to trust God and allow God to work through them. Who, other than Jesus, has walked on this earth and not messed up big time at least once in their life?

Um... what is that?
Adnan Oktar is supposed to be a vehement anti-evolution writer and Islamic preacher. However, this video seems a little contradictory to Islamic values and moral standards. Here's concerning the origin of music and adultery:
Sorry if i am a little off-topic.

mecca

Superstar
Adnan Oktar is supposed to be a vehement anti-evolution writer and Islamic preacher. However, this video seems a little contradictory to Islamic values and moral standards. Here's concerning the origin of music and adultery:
Sorry if i am a little off-topic.
ok, lol but he's just stupidly dancing to a dumb song

ok, lol but he's just stupidly dancing to a dumb song
For sure... i just found it funny and inappropriate that he should indulge in such things...
Was also an excuse to share the story of Prophet Seth (Peace, Blessings and Prayers be upon him and all the Messengers and Prophets)

Damien50

Star
That's not what I read in the Bible. Yeah some of them messed up on occasion or had doubts about God at times,, but all of them had to come to a point were they had to trust God and allow God to work through them. Who, other than Jesus, has walked on this earth and not messed up big time at least once in their life?
Jonah sits pretty high up there lol.