Did Pain Medication Turn this Man into a Sodomite?

polymoog

Superstar
I want to be honest. I haven't seen the video. I haven't watched it, I have no idea what happens in the video. I just saw it and thought it was funny and I'm pretty pleased because it's turned into a lively thread.
with this confession, i could prosecute you for inciting a riot and first degree shit stirring on the message board.

Etagloc

Superstar
with this confession, i could prosecute you for inciting a riot and first degree shit stirring on the message board.
Bringing life to the board and facilitating discussion of a topic that people find interesting is not a crime.

I am not a people-pleaser and I don't consider it a virtue to avoid offending people and I don't consider it a sin to express controversial opinions.

I am not a people-pleaser so it is inexplicable that anyone would expext me to view things or operate from a people-pleaser paradigm.

This has been a very successful and popular thread and I expect it to continue being successful and popular. If you're scared of controversial discussion- that's you. This is the internet. Specifically the conspiracy theory part. This is built for controversial discussion. I don't come here to talk about the weather.

If you really think it'a wrong to discuss controversial topics... I'm surprised that you would have such a sjw-like ethic centered around people's feelings.

polymoog

Superstar
Bringing life to the board and facilitating discussion of a topic that people find interesting is not a crime.
I am not a people-pleaser and I don't consider it a virtue to avoid offending people and I don't consider it a sin to express controversial opinions.
ot a people-pleaser so it is inexplicable that anyone would expext me to view things or operate from a people-pleaser paradigm.
This has been a very successful and popular thread and I expect it to continue being successful and popular. If you're scared of controversial discussion- that's you. This is the internet. Specifically the conspiracy theory part. This is built for controversial discussion. I don't come here to talk about the weather.
If you really think it'a wrong to discuss controversial topics... I'm surprised that you would have such a sjw-like ethic centered around people's feelings.
im not arguing any of that. you should take the responsibility to at least watch the video you post.

Etagloc

Superstar
I don't quote the Bible usually but I like this verse. You folk who accuse me of "stirring the pot" as though I do something wrong by giving people a space to discuss controversial issues and by saying what I want (maybe because they're too scared to speak their minds)... consider this as my manifesto:

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace but a sword.

-Matthew 10:34

polymoog

Superstar
I don't quote the Bible usually but I like this verse. You folk who accuse me of "stirring the pot" as though I do something wrong by giving people a space to discuss controversial issues and by saying what I want (maybe because they're too scared to speak their minds)... consider this as my manifesto:

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace but a sword.

stop hiding behind a biblical quote. this doesnt shirk your responsibility of your own actions. look, you dont have a valid case in this argument, and i dont need to grill you any further about it. if you post something, you should watch what you are posting. thats it.
if the video was lousy, you essentially wasted other peoples time.

Haich

Superstar
If you look at it objectively with an understanding of the historical context and the etymology of the language used, the likelihood of it being specifically about gay people as we know them today drops significantly.
Sorry Mecca, I disagree. If you knew anything about your own faith, you'd study the wording in the Qur'an and see sodomy was condemned too. I didn't claim Lut's story singled out gay people, but the whole reason their behaviour was outlined because they didn't just rob people, they raped them and refused the women that were offered to them. God condemns this and there's absolutely no evidence to suggest otherwise.

Please specify the etymology of the Arabic terms used in the passage to back up your point, so I can understand your stance better.

JoChris

Superstar

Whole passage: Matthew chapter 10
[Jesus said] 34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

1. Does that sound like Jesus was wanting people to fight with just anyone?
2. When there was war: was it going to be just word fist-fights over any topic a person could think of (unrelated to defending their faith)?
3. Was Jesus saying this to non-believers in Him as well as believers?

----
P.S.I don't mind if anybody stirs the pot, you just make sure you use the right utensils to stir it with. :)

JoChris

Superstar

‘Painkillers turned me gay’ Man turns from hot blooded hereterosexual after breaking foot

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/946799/painkillers-gay-pfizer-broken-foot
I watched it more carefully:
Why didn't this man treat gay attraction as a side-effect like the first several drugs? Why didn't he want to give up this drug if it ALONE caused him to "turn gay"?
I am not falling for his excuses. Deep down he is perfectly OK with it. If the drug is completely to blame then he could try another medication if he wants to be straight. :rolleyes:

Etagloc

Superstar
Whole passage: Matthew chapter 10
[Jesus said] 34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

1. Does that sound like Jesus was wanting people to fight with just anyone?
2. When there was war: was it going to be just word fist-fights over any topic a person could think of (unrelated to defending their faith)?
3. Was Jesus saying this to non-believers in Him as well as believers?

----
P.S.I don't mind if anybody stirs the pot, you just make sure you use the right utensils to stir it with. :)
My point is I intend to speak my mind and I'm not worried about offending people or being controversial. I'm not accepting being bland and non-controversial as a virtue, as I think people are wanting to push on me. I reserve the right to be interesting. If others want to worry about what others think, that's them. I don't think like that. I don't think Jesus (PBUH) was worried about offending people and making sure to be PC. For the Prophets (PBUT), offendig people was basically part of their job. They had a message to deliver and they didn't care if people attacked them for it.

Etagloc

Superstar
stop hiding behind a biblical quote. this doesnt shirk your responsibility of your own actions. look, you dont have a valid case in this argument, and i dont need to grill you any further about it. if you post something, you should watch what you are posting. thats it.
if the video was lousy, you essentially wasted other peoples time.
If other people are timid and scared to offend people, that's their moral flaw. I have nothing to apologize for for not being like that. I speak my mind and if you don't like it don't read my posts.

Etagloc

Superstar
"watch the video you post"... it's not that serious. This is an internet thread. If you dont like what I post, don't read it. No one is bleeding.

manama

Star
Sorry Mecca, I disagree. If you knew anything about your own faith, you'd study the wording in the Qur'an and see sodomy was condemned too. I didn't claim Lut's story singled out gay people, but the whole reason their behaviour was outlined because they didn't just rob people, they raped them and refused the women that were offered to them. God condemns this and there's absolutely no evidence to suggest otherwise.

Please specify the etymology of the Arabic terms used in the passage to back up your point, so I can understand your stance better.
^^^^

mecca

Superstar
I didn't claim Lut's story singled out gay people, but the whole reason their behaviour was outlined because they didn't just rob people, they raped them and refused the women that were offered to them.
Yes exactly, they were an angry mob of rapists and thieves... not gay people. They wanted to attack/abuse Lut for intruding on their territory and claiming prophethood, it has nothing to do with sexuality or sexual preference. The men who were a part of that mob were married to women, they were heterosexuals... but r*pe itself is an act of violence to exert power, it has nothing to do with attraction. Some men back then raped other men to exert power over them and humiliate them, and they were heterosexuals, not homosexuals. Actual homosexual people in the modern day want to be in consensual relationships with people they love, they aren't rapists. Also the entire concept of offering women up to some group of guys is wrong, it wouldn't have been okay if they raped the women.

manama

Star
I'm pretty sure schools aren't teaching children anything about sex, sexual things are not a part of the kindergarten curriculum. The only thing they might do is bring up that some classmates might have two moms or two dads and that would be the end of it... nothing sexual has to be explained at a young age. Actual sex-ed starts at the end of middle school when the children are going through puberty, schools just teach them about what puberty is and how it works and they also mention that people have sex... it's nothing crazy and sex-ed definitely isn't taught to young children.

Sexuality can't really be taught, it can be explained and you can be aware of what it is... but people have to find out their own sexuality on their own. Also nobody knows about sex when they're that young, they learn later on and it is explained to them during puberty, not when they're 6 years old.
Sexual attraction can't be taught? Are you kidding me? It IS being taught. The earlier you explain it, the earlier you are putting kids in an identity crisis making them vunerable to experiment stuff they don't know. They are teaching kids about trans stuff, so yes they are close. Im not talking about sex-ed.

Im really sorry but people cant "find" their own sexuality because the concept of sexuality is flawed, retarded, a sign of the end time, and an illusion.
Sexuality is nothing more than sexual preference, some people want to bang guys others girls, some like older people, some young etc etc, There is NO reason to make it a big deal that people are making it out to be, it doesn't need to be explained, not to KIDS

manama

Star
Yes exactly, they were an angry mob of rapists and thieves... not gay people. They wanted to attack/abuse Lut for intruding on their territory and claiming prophethood, it has nothing to do with sexuality or sexual preference. The men who were a part of that mob were married to women, they were heterosexuals... but r*pe itself is an act of violence to exert power, it has nothing to do with attraction. Some men back then raped other men to exert power over them and humiliate them, and they were heterosexuals, not homosexuals. Actual homosexual people in the modern day want to be in consensual relationships with people they love, they aren't rapists. Also the entire concept of offering women up to some group of guys is wrong, it wouldn't have been okay if they raped the women.
So you are going to ignore 99% of the Surah's verses and 100% of the hadith related to the Surah to say the same arguments thats being posed by the "Muslim gay society" who want the surah to be taken out of Quran? alright.

mecca

Superstar
The earlier you explain it, the earlier you are putting kids in an identity crisis making them vunerable to experiment stuff they don't know.
But people don't become gay by being aware of gay people... people don't become straight by being aware of straight people. You don't go into an identity crisis just from understanding a concept. Young children aren't even going in dept into learning about sexual education and studying sexuality... the most you would say to a six year old is that some people might have two dads or two moms as parents and they are together cause they love each other... it's the same stuff you would say about heterosexual parents. It doesn't need to be made complex or turned into a big deal. You don't need to go into detail on how they might have sex. Six year olds aren't worried about those kinds of topics in the first place, they're too young to understand or care about any romantic relationships. And you really can't teach someone to be attracted to what they're attracted to... they really do just find out on their own who they are interested in. Also I'm pretty sure the "experimenting" phase starts in college, not kindergarten.
They are teaching kids about trans stuff, so yes they are close.
Knowing that transgender people exist won't make someone become transgender though... it could make the people who were already transgender understand what they are going through. Being transgender is a very specific feeling, you have to actually experience gender dysphoria to be transgender, it is a very rare thing... most people's gender and sex are aligned.
Sexuality is nothing more than sexual preference, some people want to bang guys others girls, some like older people, some young etc etc
Well yeah, that's what sexuality means. If a woman has a sexual preference for men then her sexuality is heterosexual. And you're right, it shouldn't be a big deal.
There is NO reason to make it a big deal that people are making it out to be, it doesn't need to be explained, not to KIDS
But children are not learning about anything sexual. Kindergarteners aren't studying sexuality at all. I pointed out that sex ed starts when puberty starts because that's when it becomes relevant.

Last edited:

manama

Star
it could make the people who were already transgender understand what they are going through.
So unnecessary.
The whole "feeling like other gender" is bs anyway.

You don't go into an identity crisis just from understanding a concept.
Except that you do, its a fact, thats how kids work. Thats is also why more and more teens are confused today as compared to a few years ago or at our parents' time etc.

mecca

Superstar
The whole "feeling like other gender" is bs anyway.
Gender dysphoria is an actual thing and it has been studied. There have been transgender people all throughout human history, it has only recently become politicized... but it is certainly real. They are just a very small part of the human population, that doesn't mean that their experiences are invalid, they should be supported and treated respectfully/equally as human beings.

JoChris

Superstar
But people don't become gay by being aware of gay people... people don't become straight by being aware of straight people. You don't go into an identity crisis just from understanding a concept. Young children aren't even going in dept into learning about sexual education and studying sexuality... the most you would say to a six year old is that some people might have two dads or two moms as parents and they are together cause they love each other... it's the same stuff you would say about heterosexual parents. It doesn't need to be made complex or turned into a big deal. You don't need to go into detail on how they might have sex. Six year olds aren't worried about those kinds of topics in the first place, they're too young to understand or care about any romantic relationships. And you really can't teach someone to be attracted to what they're attracted to... they really do just find out on their own who they are interested in. Also I'm pretty sure the "experimenting" phase starts in college, not kindergarten.

Knowing that transgender people exist won't make someone become transgender though... it could make the people who were already transgender understand what they are going through.

Well yeah, that's what sexuality means. If a woman has a sexual preference for men then her sexuality is heterosexual. And you're right, it shouldn't be a big deal.

But children are not learning about anything sexual. Kindergarteners aren't studying sexuality at all. I pointed out that sex ed starts when puberty starts because that's when it becomes relevant.
I had a crush on several female friends in my early teens - I put it down to me admiring their talents and asked God to help me see them normally. In the 80s homosexuality was never discussed.

These days I would have been convinced I was gay by the time I was 14 and then bisexual at 15. There is a pressure from the media especially for curious/ questioning teens to experiment. I am so glad I was not born in this generation......

JoChris

Superstar

Knowing that transgender people exist won't make someone become transgender though... it could make the people who were already transgender understand what they are going through. Being transgender is a very specific feeling, you have to actually experience gender dysphoria to be transgender, it is a very rare thing... most people's gender and sex are aligned.

Children are way smarter and able to absorb information way faster than grownups. There is a reason why children can be bilingual easily.
The pro-gay propagandists want children to absorb LGBTQ (etc) material before they gain the critical thinking skills.
I still had imaginary friends when I was 8!
If Young children learn fact from fiction age 3-5 (average - therefore some kids will be older), and then they are taught "alternative lifestyle" material in preschool - they will accept this without questioning. Some may even act it out.