Did Jesus Christ give christians license to sin ?

X-Maverick

Established
I do that because i love Jesus...Sin makes me apart from him.. There in no Christian on earth who at least once backslide...If there is no spiritual battle and scars inside, you doing it wrong...
Is your love for Jesus greater than the person who sins more than you? Is having a life of sin proof that one does not have God, does not love Him?

Vytas

Star
James 4:17
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.
What it has to do with thing you said? Lack of faith? Fear? Failing to help when you could i agree with....

X-Maverick

Established
What it has to do with thing you said? Lack of faith? Fear? Failing to help when you could i agree with....
I edited my post.

Romans 14:23
And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Vytas

Star
Is your love for Jesus greater than the person who sins more than you? Is having a life of sin proof that one does not have God, does not love Him?
It's not a conquest....And it's not about amount of sins, it's about your attitude. Either you love sin more either you love God more. Can't have both...

X-Maverick

Established
Whether or not we have a license to sin is not irrelevant in this thread and neither in life.

Romans 6 1What then shall we say? Shall we continue in sin so that grace may increase? 2By no means! How can we who died to sin live in it any longer?

Romans 6 15What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law, but under grace? By no means! 16Do you not know that when you offer yourselves as obedient slaves, you are slaves to the one you obey, whether you are slaves to sin leading to death, or to obedience leading to righteousness?
Throughout that entire chapter, Paul was talking to saved people. What this thread implies is that sin is a salvation issue, which is what i'm disputing.

Vytas

Star
I edited my post.

Romans 14:23
And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
Missing context why it is so... It's about our intentions
but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

rainerann

Star
Contrary to what you may think, you have not stopped sinning. Sure, you may have stopped doing this thing you're referring to, but sin is a lot more than that. Forgiveness of sins is freedom from death, not sin.

That's where many Christians have it wrong. They keep touting having freedom from sin. But let's be honest here, most people don't see most of what's considered sin as bad. Theft, lying, and murder are obvious one most don't want to do. But there are other forms that people like, but many (including Christians) don't want to admit liking them. Whatever form that may be for you.

Forgiveness of sin saves us from death. No one but Christ has ever had a perfect life upon this Earth, but you have self righteous Christians thinking they can do the same.
So slow down a little bit when you respond. What you are saying is no where near what I was suggesting. I agree with you. I recognize that I still sin, but that the sacrifice for sin brings deliverance from sin and is not a license to sin.

My post was short so be carful in jumping to conclusions too quickly.

X-Maverick

Established
Missing context why it is so... It's about our intentions
but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
Ah okay, so in my case, i'm missing context. I see. So, when you guys post scriptures pertaining to having to live perfectly to be saved, that's not missing context?

It says quite plainly, whatever is not of faith, is sin. So it isn't just about what you said.

X-Maverick

Established
So slow down a little bit when you respond. What you are saying is no where near what I was suggesting. I agree with you. I recognize that I still sin, but that the sacrifice for sin brings deliverance from sin and is not a license to sin.

My post was short so be carful in jumping to conclusions too quickly.
My apologies then.

Thunderian

Superstar
It has come to my attention that "christians" think it is ok to sin because Jesus Christ atoned for all sin and so will forgive them no matter what.
I don't know any Christians who think it's OK to sin. There is no scripture to support any such notion. Is it possible you misunderstood what was said?

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins," - Hebrews 10:26
1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

elsbet

Superstar
Is having a life of sin proof that one does not have God, does not love Him?
Oohh.. I like this question. And the answer is a resounding No!

(Generally, I mean.. not aimed at you, @Vytas :) )

This question addresses what I call 'besetting sin.' The kind of sin that seems to have a life of its own, in your own life-- and apart from God, no matter how you try or how much you hate it, there isn't a damned thing you can do about it.

I would like to think that is why we never know what the *thorn* is, in Paul's side, that God will not remove-- He tells him only, My grace is sufficient.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest on me.

Vytas

Star
This question addresses what I call 'besetting sin.' The kind of sin that seems to have a life of its own, in your own life-- and apart from God, no matter how you try or how much you hate it, there isn't a damned thing you can do about it.
I would like to think that is why we never know what the *thorn* is, in Paul's side, that God will not remove-- He tells him only, My grace is sufficient.
BS... You just can't stop sinning, or you don't want to?
As for Paul, it was some kind of disease, we will never know what exactly, but he was thankful for it, so it's obviously has nothing to do with sin...

Last edited:

Karlysymon

Superstar
Oohh.. I like this question. And the answer is a resounding No!

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest on me.

I think Paul's thorn was some kind of trial that God chose not to remove from his life.
Kinda like how Nick Vujicic says he has kept faith that God will one day give him limbs (he bought shoes as a testament to his faith/hope that God will come through)

Kung Fu

Superstar
So, why do you do that? Are you under some belief that you'll be damned to Hell for slipping up? I don't believe in backslidden Christians.
Aren't you a homosexual? If so did you pick Christianity as your religion because you think that since it gives you eternal salvation by believing in Jesus as your Lord and Saviour that it wouldn't matter engaging in homosexual behaviour? Serious question.

Kung Fu

Superstar
It might take you ten minutes to read through Romans 6, 7 and 8, though perhaps a while longer to understand the implications...

Shall we continue to sin that grace may abound? Crack open a Bible and you might get the answer in the correct context.
I've read Romans. The Bible is a contradiction. The NT contradicts the OT and then it gets worse in that the NT contradicts the NT itself probably because there's numerous amounts of different authors which explains all the forgeries.

Looks like half you Christians on believe that being a Christian gives you a licence to sin while the other half are on the fence about it. But I'm not surprised since you guys are meant to believe that as long as you believe in Jesus and that HE DIED FOR YOUR SINS you're promised salvation which is the most idiotic and illogical thing to have ever exist. Sorry Red but the Romans sold you guys snake oil.

Kung Fu

Superstar
Kinda like how Nick Vujicic says he has kept faith that God will one day give him limbs (he bought shoes as a testament to his faith/hope that God will come through)
If he's waiting for actual real limbs in this life well I've got some bad news for him....

elsbet

Superstar
BS... You just can't stop sinning, or you don't want to?
As for Paul, it was some kind of disease, we will never know what exactly, but he was thankful for it, so it's obviously has nothing to do with sin...
Eh... your entitled to your opinion.
Still..
Spiritual ailment is spiritual. If you could change them yourself-- what is essentially demonic, passed down generation after generation, through sheer force of will, then you are the exception, my friend.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I've read Romans. The Bible is a contradiction. The NT contradicts the OT and then it gets worse in that the NT contradicts the NT itself probably because there's numerous amounts of different authors which explains all the forgeries.

Looks like half you Christians on believe that being a Christian gives you a licence to sin while the other half are on the fence about it. But I'm not surprised since you guys are meant to believe that as long as you believe in Jesus and that HE DIED FOR YOUR SINS you're promised salvation which is the most idiotic and illogical thing to have ever exist. Sorry Red but the Romans sold you guys snake oil.
That's always the trouble asking Biblical questions whilst being unprepared for Biblical answers.

You are free to choose what you believe, and who to believe, Kung Fu. Sadly the Gospel is foolishness to those who are perishing. I like you so I wouldn't want you to miss out, that's all...

Kung Fu

Superstar
That's always the trouble asking Biblical questions whilst being unprepared for Biblical answers.

You are free to choose what you believe, and who to believe, Kung Fu. Sadly the Gospel is foolishness to those who are perishing. I like you so I wouldn't want you to miss out, that's all...
Out of all the Evangelical Protestant Christians on here I respect you the most. I like Vytas and Karly as well despite what they might think of me. However, the rest of the Christians on here don't understand how interpolations work. Thunderian thought the Comma was legit lol.