Did Jesus Christ give christians license to sin ?

TokiEl

Superstar
It has come to my attention that "christians" think it is ok to sin because Jesus Christ atoned for all sin and so will forgive them no matter what.

If this is the mindset of "christians" then that explains why there is so much sin in the churches.

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins," - Hebrews 10:26

This is speaking about Jesus' sacrifice for sins... and not the sacrificial animal system as some supposed.

rainerann

Star
I don't know any Christian who thinks this. In fact, very much to the contrary. For me personally, Jesus is the way to help me stop sinning because when I was younger I had gotten myself into some trouble. Almost twenty years later, I have not found myself in that same situation one time. Deliverance is good. Forgiveness of sin is freedom from sinning.

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
Happy to hear.

There are at least two christian members on the forum who think like this. So it may be a much bigger problem than we like to admit. Also truth be told true christianity is not found in the mega churches of today where members pay millions to hear about peace and prosperity.

Matthew 7:15-23 "Beware of false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20So then, by their fruit you will recognize them.

21Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness.'"

"Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness." - 1 John 3:4

X-Maverick

Established
How pompous you are. Do you not sin? Whether or not we have a license to sin is irrelevant as we have and we will sin. Sin isn't just about doing wrong in obvious ways. It's also in what you don't do, and what you think. If you failed to help another, you've sinned. If you fear something, you've most likely sinned. If you lack faith, you've sinned. You literally have no choice as your flesh is prone to sin, that's just fact.

It's why the sacrifice of Christ had to be done or else no one, not even your pompous and arrogant self, would be saved.

X-Maverick

Established
I don't know any Christian who thinks this. In fact, very much to the contrary. For me personally, Jesus is the way to help me stop sinning because when I was younger I had gotten myself into some trouble. Almost twenty years later, I have not found myself in that same situation one time. Deliverance is good. Forgiveness of sin is freedom from sinning.
Contrary to what you may think, you have not stopped sinning. Sure, you may have stopped doing this thing you're referring to, but sin is a lot more than that. Forgiveness of sins is freedom from death, not sin.

That's where many Christians have it wrong. They keep touting having freedom from sin. But let's be honest here, most people don't see most of what's considered sin as bad. Theft, lying, and murder are obvious one most don't want to do. But there are other forms that people like, but many (including Christians) don't want to admit liking them. Whatever form that may be for you.

Forgiveness of sin saves us from death. No one but Christ has ever had a perfect life upon this Earth, but you have self righteous Christians thinking they can do the same.

Vytas

Star
If you sin willingly that means you do not believe in Jesus sacrifice, otherwise how could you? anyone who believes wants nothing to do with sin, willful sining is the worst and it takes time, personal growth, and understanding to beat it. But again how could you repent if you do not care you just sinned? There is no sincerity in it.

X-Maverick

Established
If you sin willingly that means you do not believe in Jesus sacrifice, otherwise how could you? anyone who believes wants nothing to do with sin, willful sining is the worst and it takes time, personal growth, and understanding to beat it. But again how could you repent if you do not care you just sinned? There is no sincerity in it.
Most of all sin is willfull sinning. Let's not mince words here. Word games is what dishonest Christians do best. Giving themselves breathing room when it comes to sin, but harshly condemning others. An example is what you just did, by implying whenever you sin, it isn't willfull, but a mistake. You've thought that, right? Mistake or not, sin is sin.

Vytas

Star
Most of all sin is willfull sinning. Let's not mince words here. Word games is what dishonest Christians do best. Giving themselves breathing room when it comes to sin, but harshly condemning others. An example is what you just did, by implying whenever you sin, it isn't willfull, but a mistake. You've thought that, right? Mistake or not, sin is sin.
I willfully sin, that's called backsliding, im in that state now...When im " on top of my game" i commit mostly only minor sins and repent like 2-3 seconds later in order to be clean again, and i literally go whole day long repeating myself in mind do not sin, beware, i do that whole day long non stop..And still once in a while it happens, then i "have a talk" with Father and do explaining...But to constantly live in sin and call youself christian, it's just a lie...

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Lying won't help you here my troubled sweetheart. The irony though. You can lie because you're guaranteed salvation.
It might take you ten minutes to read through Romans 6, 7 and 8, though perhaps a while longer to understand the implications...

Shall we continue to sin that grace may abound? Crack open a Bible and you might get the answer in the correct context.

floss

Star
How pompous you are. Do you not sin? Whether or not we have a license to sin is irrelevant as we have and we will sin. Sin isn't just about doing wrong in obvious ways. It's also in what you don't do, and what you think. If you failed to help another, you've sinned. If you fear something, you've most likely sinned. If you lack faith, you've sinned. You literally have no choice as your flesh is prone to sin, that's just fact.

It's why the sacrifice of Christ had to be done or else no one, not even your pompous and arrogant self, would be saved.
Amen!

look at Paul

Romans 7:19-25King James Version (KJV)
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

X-Maverick

Established
I willfully sin, that's called backsliding, im in that state now...When im " on top of my game" i commit mostly only minor sins and repent like 2-3 seconds later in order to be clean again, and i literally go whole day long repeating myself in mind do not sin, beware, i do that whole day long non stop..And still once in a while it happens, then i "have a talk" with Father and do explaining...But to constantly live in sin and call youself christian, it's just a lie...
So, why do you do that? Are you under some belief that you'll be damned to Hell for slipping up? I don't believe in backslidden Christians.

X-Maverick

Established
Amen!

look at Paul

Romans 7:19-25King James Version (KJV)
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
As floss has quoted, it would do well for everyone to get full context. Rather than twisting the scriptures to your own destruction. Salvation isn't based on what you do or don't do, it's based on Christ and what He did. You moping about trying not to sin does absolutely nothing except put you in bondage.

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
How pompous you are. Do you not sin? Whether or not we have a license to sin is irrelevant as we have and we will sin.

Whether or not we have a license to sin is not irrelevant in this thread and neither in life.

Romans 6 1What then shall we say? Shall we continue in sin so that grace may increase? 2By no means! How can we who died to sin live in it any longer?

Romans 6 15What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law, but under grace? By no means! 16Do you not know that when you offer yourselves as obedient slaves, you are slaves to the one you obey, whether you are slaves to sin leading to death, or to obedience leading to righteousness?

Vytas

Star
So, why do you do that? Are you under some belief that you'll be damned to Hell for slipping up? I don't believe in backslidden Christians.
I do that because i love Jesus...Sin makes me apart from him.. There in no Christian on earth who at least once backslide...If there is no spiritual battle and scars inside, you doing it wrong...

TokiEl

Superstar
Salvation isn't based one what you do or don't do, it's based on Christ and what He did. You moping about trying not to sin does absolutely nothing except put you in bondage.
Salvation is only possible because of the sufficient sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

Now go away and sin no more and start to obey His commands.

X-Maverick

Established
Bible verse or didn't happen...
James 4:17
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

Romans 14: 2-5
For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs. Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him. Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Romans 14:23
And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Last edited: