Did Jesus Christ give christians license to sin ?

TokiEl

Superstar
Now that sex isn't always on my mind, lust doesn't have as big a hold on me as it once did. So, yeah, I feel quite a bit better than who I used to be. Though, funny thing is, religious Christians always assume i'm in a worse state because they can only judge outward appearances. They assume because I accepted myself, that I am now depraved. I can't stand most Christians to be honest. A wild band of hypocrites and holier than thou assholes.
So you justify sin because you feel better about it ? And call out christians who do not approve of your choice of lifestyle ?
You want christians to conform to your contentness in sin ?

X-Maverick

Established
So you justify sin because you feel better about it ? And call out christians who do not approve of your choice of lifestyle ?
You want christians to conform to your contentness in sin ?
You totally glossed over everything I said. You don't understand, Jesus justified me. Regardless of any sin i'm guilty of, i'm saved. Does that irritate you? Too bad. Lucky for me, and for everyone else in existence, salvation isn't determined by uppity religious dogmatic Christians.

And let's get something straight, there is no "choice" of lifestyle here. Unless I put myself in a straight jacket and read the Bible all day long until I breathe my last, I will act on my homosexual nature. There is no getting around it. I am at peace with that, and I don't really give a damn what Christians think.

TokiEl

Superstar
You totally glossed over everything I said. You don't understand, Jesus justified me. Regardless of any sin i'm guilty of, i'm saved. Does that irritate you? Too bad. Lucky for me, and for everyone else in existence, salvation isn't determined by uppity religious dogmatic Christians.
Jesus justifies sin now ?

Look it is getting close to the appointed endtime so it is not too late to take up the fight pray and resist sin.

X-Maverick

Established
Jesus justifies sin now ?

Look it is getting close to the appointed endtime so it is not too late to take up the fight pray and resist sin.
Lol! You aren't listening. Jesus justifies me regardless of sin. He justifies me through my sin. Do you not know how salvation works? You're clearly a works salvationist.

Kung Fu

Superstar
Well what Solomon is saying is that no man can redeem his brother but God will.
No man can redeem another man. The only person that can give you salvation is through the Most High alone and it is only through His mercy that it's possible. We're essentially saying the same thing.

TokiEl

Superstar
No man can redeem another man. The only person that can give you salvation is through the Most High alone and it is only through His mercy that it's possible. We're essentially saying the same thing.
Yes but do not miss the point that God will redeem... which He did about 2000 years ago.

TokiEl

Superstar
Lol! You aren't listening. Jesus justifies me regardless of sin. He justifies me through my sin. Do you not know how salvation works? You're clearly a works salvationist.
I am listening but i do not concur.

You cannot expect to keep on sinning and still be saved. You can repent and resist sin and He is quick to forgive.

That is how it works.

elsbet

Superstar
I think Paul's thorn was some kind of trial that God chose not to remove from his life.
Kinda like how Nick Vujicic says he has kept faith that God will one day give him limbs (he bought shoes as a testament to his faith/hope that God will come through)
Yes, could be (wow).
We can all identify with it in some way-- trials take many forms.

Karlysymon

Superstar
Yes, could be (wow).
We can all identify with it in some way-- trials take many forms.
Whatever it was, we may never know. Maybe it had something to do with this...
Acts 9:15-16
But the Lord said to Ananias, ‘Go! This man is
my chosen instrument to
proclaim my name to the
Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel. I will show him how much he must suffer for My name.’

And living with the guilt of Stephen's murder

X-Maverick

Established
I am listening but i do not concur.

You cannot expect to keep on sinning and still be saved. You can repent and resist sin and He is quick to forgive.

That is how it works.
Well then, you're saying you are without sin, which means the sacrifice of Christ is of no effect for you. You cannot go through life thinking you're pure enough to somehow keep salvation. You're just as dirty and sinful as everyone else.

Let me emphasize you ARE sinful, not were.

Karlysymon

Superstar
If he's waiting for actual real limbs in this life well I've got some bad news for him....
God can do anything. If He decided to give him limbs tomorrow, what will you say about that? Although, keeping the faith doesn't always guarantee that the act will be honoured.

as long as you believe in Jesus and that HE DIED FOR YOUR SINS you're promised salvation which is the most idiotic and illogical thing to have ever exist. Sorry Red but the Romans sold you guys snake oil.
KF, you honestly can't go on like this. We've been through this before but while substitutionary punishment may be an 'abomination' in Islam, your faith owes it to mankind to stay consistent with its progenitor, Judaism.
Just to remind you:
Sacrifices
http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/12984-sacrifice

Saying "sacrifices were a demonstration of the willingness to do the same in one's life" isn't good enough.

Judaism acknowledges/addressed this issue and if the Quran doesn't, Islamic scholars need to step up to the plate and acknowledge it. How do you think your faith fares when it refuses to acknowledge millenia-old traditions (such as Yom Kippur) of its progenitor?

What's wrong with this picture?

Judaism (1400BC-70AD) says: Aaron, progenitor of the priesthood. Among other duties, offered atonement or was a mediator between God and the Israelites

Islam (632AD-) says: Aaron wasn't a priest. There's no such thing as a mediator or atonement.

If your father was a farmer, well known in the country, editing that fact out of his biography does not only come across as questionable but its also an injustice to his life and a failed attempt at altering facts because its a memory that lives on in the minds of those who knew him. You can't just pick and choose the details of the lives of the fathers of Judaism.

manama

Star
God can do anything. If He decided to give him limbs tomorrow, what will you say about that? Although, keeping the faith doesn't always guarantee that the act will be honoured.

KF, you honestly can't go on like this. We've been through this before but while substitutionary punishment may be an 'abomination' in Islam, your faith owes it to mankind to stay consistent with its progenitor, Judaism.
Just to remind you:
Sacrifices

Saying "sacrifices were a demonstration of the willingness to do the same in one's life" isn't good enough.

Judaism acknowledges/addressed this issue and if the Quran doesn't, Islamic scholars need to step up to the plate and acknowledge it. How do you think your faith fares when it refuses to acknowledge millenia-old traditions (such as Yom Kippur) of its progenitor?

Judaism (1400BC-70AD): Aaron, progenitor of the priesthood. Among other duties, offered atonement or was a mediator between God and the Israelites

Islam (632AD-) : Aaron wasn't a priest. There's no such thing as a mediator or atonement.

If your father was a farmer, well known in the country, editing that fact out of his biography does not only come across as questionable but its also an injustice to his life and a failed attempt at altering facts because its a memory that lives on in they minds of those who knew him. You can't just pick and choose the details of the lives of the fathers of Judaism.
aaron is a prophet for us tho

Islam owes nothing to judaism, because judaism was never a religion, it was just the practices of the people of judea, which again over the course of the years turned into something it wasnt.

manama

Star
Stuff like this is what makes Christianity look like a cult rather than a religion. Go do whatever you like, as long as you believe in this one man youll be fiiiiiiiiiine. Thats crazy!
A man can r*pe and kill and still go to paradise just for belief in Jesus while other goes to hell for being the pious person ever but not believing in a man God?
That makes the Christian God so unfair, how can you believe in a faith like that?

Karlysymon

Superstar
aaron is a prophet for us tho

Islam owes nothing to judaism, because judaism was never a religion, it was just the practices of the people of judea, which again over the course of the years turned into something it wasnt.
Yes, i know that. But if Islam is the 'final and true revelation to mankind', you owe it to us to remain consistent with/acknowledge the past.

Karlysymon

Superstar
Stuff like this is what makes Christianity look like a cult rather than a religion. Go do whatever you like, as long as you believe in this one man youll be fiiiiiiiiiine. Thats crazy!
A man can r*pe and kill and still go to paradise just for belief in Jesus while other goes to hell for being the pious person ever but not believing in a man God?
That makes the Christian God so unfair, how can you believe in a faith like that?
other than memes, please show me a verse that actually says that..."sin strongly, you are covered by Jesus' blood."

Kung Fu

Superstar
I know God can do anything but just because He can doesn't mean He would. The Most High never seems to violate his own laws unless it's regarding His Oneness or a prophet of some kind.

Just to remind you:
Sacrifices

Judaism (1400BC-70AD) says: Aaron, progenitor of the priesthood. Among other duties, offered atonement or was a mediator between God and the Israelites

Islam (632AD-) says: Aaron wasn't a priest. There's no such thing as a mediator or atonement.

If your father was a farmer, well known in the country, editing that fact out of his biography does not only come across as questionable but its also an injustice to his life and a failed attempt at altering facts because its a memory that lives on in the minds of those who knew him. You can't just pick and choose the details of the lives of the fathers of Judaism.
Someone else dying for your sins is foreign to both the Israelites and the Muslims therefore Islam is very consistent with the core beliefs of our cousins. We both believe God is one. The only people who seem to differ from the practices of the Israelites and the Muslims are Christians.

We have Ramadan followed by Eid, which is almost completely identical to Yom Kippur. Karly, do your research first before you try to compare my faith to that of others.

Islam doesn't say that Aaron wasn't a priest. It doesn't mention him being one or not one because it's IRRELEVANT when it comes to knowing that your Lord is One and it is only He whom we worship or our salvation. We don't need to know what Moses(pbuh) ate for breakfast or if his brother Aaron was a priest, or how Jesus went to the washroom lol.

Thunderian

Superstar
This conscious thought that if we sin so what we will still receive forgiveness is playing with hellfire.
Why do you and others insist on seeing something in this doctrine that is not there?

No one is saying sin doesn't matter. Sin has consequences in this life and repercussions for the next. No sincere Christian is going to go through life sinning just because they can. To mistakenly believe this about Christians -- whether you yourself are a Christian or not -- is just stupid.

It is up to Jesus Christ who He will spend eternity with
Do you have a reference for that?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Sorry Red but this is what I wholeheartedly believe; Psalm 49:7 No man can by any means redeem his brother Or give to God a ransom for him, because it would be unjust and unfair for someone else to die for my sins.

I follow logic, justice, and fairness.
I remember an interesting quote on fairness from Shakespeare that resonated with my understanding of grace...

We don't deserve grace or mercy, but that is the point of the parable of the Prodigal Son.

FIRST PLAYER
Good my lord will you see the players well bestowed? Do you hear, let them be well used, for they are the abstract and brief chronicles of the time. After your death you were better have a bad epitaph than their ill report while you live.
POLONIUS
490My lord, I will use them according to their desert.
HAMLET
God’s bodykins, man, much better. Use every man after his desert, and who should ’scape whipping? Use them after your own honor and dignity. The less they deserve, the more merit is in your bounty. Take them in.