Did he ?

• yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • no

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

Allegra

Veteran
If there is any update about Pastor David please share here. Keep praying for him.

Btw found something interesting...

5F782242-E53E-4861-A12D-3FD05B1EB603.jpeg

Scars512

Established
Eh, I have mixed feelings about this. I'm not sure why so many Christians feel the need to go into a gay community and do stuff like this. That is not how you convert or change anyone's mind. People, all people -- not just the gay community -- will become defensive and be less receptive to other viewpoints when they feel they are attacked. This type of grandstanding isn't really about changing hearts or saving souls. If you want to change hearts, you do outreach in the community that HELPS and show that you are concerned. That gives you an opening to share your faith. Of course, I say this as someone who doesn't really care if someone else is gay. I feel if they were born that way, God intended it for some purpose (and I don't believe in pre-destination -- so everyone has a chance to be saved) and I'll leave that between them and God. I do, however, draw the line when they are as bigoted and oppressive towards Christians or straight/cisgender people (like calling us breeders, etc.). I believe in equality -- not special treatment for them. But I do think things like the gay pride parade hurt them because the promiscuous, exhibitionist gays ruin it for the regular gay folks. (And for the record, I'm against the hedonism of Mardi Gras just as much as I am against the stuff you see in a gay pride parade -- so it isn't just because I don't like watching gay people make out or be half naked).

At the same time, I don't understand why gay people would feel the need to engage him, either. You aren't going to change his mind. If he is fanatic enough about the issue to be preaching it on the streets, he isn't going to be shouted down and convinced that he is wrong. Let him have his free speech and walk around him without acknowledging it. Don't engage. Don't even make eye contact. Pretend he is invisible. That denies the person the reaction they are hoping to get out of you. That should be standard operating procedure for anyone encountering someone who is preaching/protesting something you disagree with. They may have a right to say it, but they don't have the right to force you to listen or respond. They want attention. Don't give it to them.

But do I think he should be arrested? No. Free speech should be given lots of leeway. If he wasn't calling for violence or threatening anyone -- simply offending or bothering someone else isn't enough to give the authorities the right to shut down free speech. If it was about the loudness, give a warning and if he doesn't get the decibels down, then you write him and ticket and fine him. I didn't see any behavior that warranted an actual arrest.

Lisa

Superstar
Eh, I have mixed feelings about this. I'm not sure why so many Christians feel the need to go into a gay community and do stuff like this. That is not how you convert or change anyone's mind. People, all people -- not just the gay community -- will become defensive and be less receptive to other viewpoints when they feel they are attacked. This type of grandstanding isn't really about changing hearts or saving souls. If you want to change hearts, you do outreach in the community that HELPS and show that you are concerned. That gives you an opening to share your faith. Of course, I say this as someone who doesn't really care if someone else is gay. I feel if they were born that way, God intended it for some purpose (and I don't believe in pre-destination -- so everyone has a chance to be saved) and I'll leave that between them and God. I do, however, draw the line when they are as bigoted and oppressive towards Christians or straight/cisgender people (like calling us breeders, etc.). I believe in equality -- not special treatment for them. But I do think things like the gay pride parade hurt them because the promiscuous, exhibitionist gays ruin it for the regular gay folks. (And for the record, I'm against the hedonism of Mardi Gras just as much as I am against the stuff you see in a gay pride parade -- so it isn't just because I don't like watching gay people make out or be half naked).

At the same time, I don't understand why gay people would feel the need to engage him, either. You aren't going to change his mind. If he is fanatic enough about the issue to be preaching it on the streets, he isn't going to be shouted down and convinced that he is wrong. Let him have his free speech and walk around him without acknowledging it. Don't engage. Don't even make eye contact. Pretend he is invisible. That denies the person the reaction they are hoping to get out of you. That should be standard operating procedure for anyone encountering someone who is preaching/protesting something you disagree with. They may have a right to say it, but they don't have the right to force you to listen or respond. They want attention. Don't give it to them.

But do I think he should be arrested? No. Free speech should be given lots of leeway. If he wasn't calling for violence or threatening anyone -- simply offending or bothering someone else isn't enough to give the authorities the right to shut down free speech. If it was about the loudness, give a warning and if he doesn't get the decibels down, then you write him and ticket and fine him. I didn't see any behavior that warranted an actual arrest.
I think that street preaching is good, no one has to listen to the preaching. They could just like you said, go on and don’t acknowledge it, but they don’t. However, I don’t agree that the preacher wants attention, he would like to somehow get through to those people and help them to know God. That’s the Christian’s job really, better than starting programs for people or being social justice warriors...giving people Jesus is ultimately the best thing a Christian can do. We don’t change people, God changes people.

I think the reaction proves that deep down they think he is right. They would like to live their lives trying to pretend that what they do is ok, but they know many people don’t agree with it, which is why that makes them mad..they then have to think about what they are doing is wrong. However, what they don’t realize is that its in them..they actually know deep down what they do is wrong, not because of society, not because it was taught them when they were little but because God put His law into their hearts.

polymoog

Superstar
I think the reaction proves that deep down they think he is right.
you actually think that? and what makes you think all of the LGBTQ community is christian?
their reaction is antagonistic because they feel they were born that way, and theyd argue that it was god himself (herself, whatever you want) that was responsible for naturally being the sexuality they are. so for the church to say its immoral to be this way, then they see the church as hypocritical at best.
they want acceptance-- the church wont accept them. thats why they have their reaction- not to mention that its gay pride month.

Lisa

Superstar
you actually think that? and what makes you think all of the LGBTQ community is christian?
their reaction is antagonistic because they feel they were born that way, and theyd argue that it was god himself (herself, whatever you want) that was responsible for naturally being the sexuality they are. so for the church to say its immoral to be this way, then they see the church as hypocritical at best.
they want acceptance-- the church wont accept them. thats why they have their reaction- not to mention that its gay pride month.
Yes I actually think that. Why get so angry otherwise? I didn’t say they were Christians, that community is definitely rebelling against God.

They could argue with God, Himself and He would tell them that they weren’t born that way, that they are sinning against Him by wanting something that He hates. The church is just trying let homosexuals what God thinks about their sin. We can’t accept them like they want, they will have to believe in Jesus and repent of their sins to be accepted first. That’s the only way God will accept them too. Which is why it’s not a bad thing to preach the Good News to the lost. The list may or may not know about sin and they may or may not know about Jesus. We’re just trying to give people a chance.

polymoog

Superstar
Yes I actually think that. Why get so angry otherwise?
let me phrase this differently for you: do you think people of another faith care what the churchs opinion is on a specific topic? how about people that arent religious at all or never have been-- do they concern themselves with the morality of the bible? or conversely, would you care if, say, a hindu came up to you and said that you were wrong to behave or act in a certain way; that it was against gods teachings?

Lisa

Superstar
let me phrase this differently for you: do you think people of another faith care what the churchs opinion is on a specific topic? how about people that arent religious at all or never have been-- do they concern themselves with the morality of the bible? or conversely, would you care if, say, a hindu came up to you and said that you were wrong to behave or act in a certain way; that it was against gods teachings?
I’m sure people of another faith think that their faith is correct, which is why they are in that faith.

And I’m sure people who aren’t Christians don’t consider the morality of the Bible.

Well, whomever came up to me would probably get my Christian take on what they were saying. In fact I did have a Hindi come up to me and tell me we worship the same God and I had to tell him that we didn’t, he didn’t like what I said.