Did God......

If Jesus is fully God and Jesus did something, doesn’t that mean that God did that thing as well?
No, God is just the voice behind Jesus. You are fully your parents because you are made of their DNA, but when you sneeze, do they sneeze?

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
But Maleness is a product of biology. Nature created sexes for the purpose of reproduction. Does God have sex and reproduce? Is there a female God for him to reproduce with? Are there baby Gods? I thought God created biology, he himself isn’t a biological being. He’s not a product of the nature he created, he can’t be because that makes no sense. God is supposed to be above nature.
"But Maleness is a product of biology. Nature created sexes for the purpose of reproduction."
That is very contrary to your stated position on the matter in numerous other posts, generally regarding lgbt issues.

Todd

Star
Such a shame, all your years of preaching and studying the Bible but have zero idea of the nature of God. There’s definitely a spiritual wall between you and the nature of God, probably your heart is hardened or your sinfulness nature or maybe that oneness pentecostal church you’ve been participating. Maybe you were never one of His.
I've never even been to a oneness pentecostal chruch, more or less participated in one...

mecca

Superstar
"But Maleness is a product of biology. Nature created sexes for the purpose of reproduction."
That is very contrary to your stated position on the matter in numerous other posts, generally regarding lgbt issues.
No it’s actually not. Nature makes sexes for reproduction but nature is still more complex than that... different sexualities and genders still occur. We see that they do exist in every population as a part of natural biological variation. They just occur at smaller rates.

Last edited:

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
No it’s actually not. Nature makes sexes for reproduction but nature is still more complex than that... different sexualities and genders still occur.
Yes. Its a very different contention than the ones you have put forth before, and thats a good thing. If you are evolving on the issue, its cool.......

mecca

Superstar
Yes. Its a very different contention than the ones you have put forth before, and thats a good thing. If you are evolving on the issue, its cool.......
Nope it’s not different at all. I haven’t said anything different for my entire time on this forum and none of my beliefs on this topic have changed all so I don’t what you’re talking about.

It’s common knowledge that the purpose of two animal’s different chromosomes is to combine them together to create offspring, that’s what gametes do. That’s why it’s called sexual reproduction as opposed to asexual reproduction. I don’t know why you would think that I have said anything different from this. But it really has nothing to do with lgbt people.

Last edited:

Karlysymon

Superstar
Genuinely curious about why the trinity is a man-made doctrine? I'm relatively new to Christianity and there is a plethora of things I still don't understand and need to research.
That’s a good question. If the Trinity is a man-made doctrine, then what was the whole point or motive of the people responsible, for introducing it into christianity? A ruse by the powers-of-the-day to maintain some sort of (religious) unity among the subjects? Maybe. To corrupt the faith? Maybe, but then these people would genuinely have to be infiltrators, with one goal in mind: to corrupt Christianity (weaken it, so it doesn’t threaten the status quo) and inorder to carry that out, their plan would have to be meticulous. Starting from the ground up, namely, editing the bible to support the Trinitarian doctrine.

Since most people say that the doctrine was conceived at Nicea, it would mean that the parchment rolls of HolyWrit, pre-Nicea would be what every Christian should possess, except, no one does. We all have the same bible and everyone reads it as they see fit.

Now, if infact the doctrine is man-made, I still can’t understand why Unitarians pray to Jesus (to them, a mere human) asking him to protect them, guide them, forgive their transgressions, heal their dying relatives and all that jazz or for that matter, why they believe His claims of omnipresence. Even more, forever thanking him for his redemptive act on the cross despite the fact that “no man can redeem the life of another or give to God a ransom for him.”

If I were a Unitarian, which iam not, I would as soon dispense the intellectual dishonesty and simply pray to and through the Father’s name, disregarding everything that Christ says about His own name, and that would require me to do some serious editing to the Sacred text. It is a universal rule that you cannot give someone something that you don’t have, so it would really be pointless to ask Christ to do things for me, ^ aforementioned, that we humans (he, included) are incapable of.

Karlysymon

Superstar
phipps said:
The Jews rejected Christ as Messiah and God and the consequences of that is they stopped being chosen people according to the Bible.
To say nothing of non-Christian Jews, how many resident, participating Christian Zionists have you convinced of this lately?
1544895550577.png
Just before He exhaled Jesus shouted two times... the singular form of God in Aramaic. And so He said what David sang in Psalm 22 who also used the singular form of God in Hebraic.

Why two times the singular form of God ?
Maybe,it has to do with this

"Have you ever noticed the triadic expressions throughout the Bible?

“The Lord bless you and keep you;
“the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you;
“the Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace.” Numbers 6:24-26.

“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts!” Isaiah 6:3

“O Lord, hear!
“O Lord, forgive!
“O Lord, listen and act!” Daniel 9:19

O Lord, O Lord, O Lord . . . Holy, holy, holy . . . these three-part exclamations punctuate the Old Testament, becoming more precise in the New, identifying not just the number, but the specific persons of Father, Son and Spirit in God (See 1 Cor. 12:4-6, 2 Cor. 13:14, 2 Thess. 2:13, 2 Thess. 2:13 and 1 Peter 1:2).

But a different kind of cry ascends from Jesus when on the Cross, He takes upon Himself our alienated condition. He cries, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?”
My God My God... Two instead of three.
Baggaged with our sin, He finds Himself outside the circle, outside His eternal home, outside of belonging. The inseparable Trio of love, fractured. Father looking down in woe, present but not perceived, Spirit moaning with cries too deep to be uttered, Jesus orphaned and outcast, forlorn and despairing, the traumatic assault sufficient to make His internal organs to boil over in terminal grief."

And He passed infront of Moses, proclaiming, 'The LORD, the LORD, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness,... Exodus 34:6-7

Revelation 4:8-10's throne-room scene, similar to Isaiah 6, the seraphs/cherubim/4 living creatures, "Day and night they never stop saying: Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come."

Karlysymon

Superstar
But seriously, and I think relatedly, Thomas Jefferson, the "Voltaire of Virginia" and thus son of the Enlightenment, claimed that "Paul was ... the first corrupter of the doctrines of Jesus," and I think he set himself to the task, with scissors in hand, of editing the New Testament, and that according to his own lights of Reason.
A claim that has obviously survived the centuries and is still very much with us today and it made me wonder:

As soon as it was night, the believers sent Paul and Silas away to Berea. On arriving there, they went to the Jewish synagogue. 11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. 12 As a result, many of them believed, as did also a number of prominent Greek women and many Greek men. Acts 17

If he was corrupting Jesus’ doctrines, why didn’t the Bereans give him the boot? Clearly, they weren’t gullible enough to take him at his word without proving his assertions. For the sake of argument, lets just say that in those early days, he was playing by the book and that the corruption happened later in his life, while in Rome and elsewhere. If that was the case, why wasn’t another Jerusalem Council convened to get him in line, fired or have ties severed. Didn’t the apostle John outlive him? If something that grave had happened, wouldn’t we have a record of the original 12 doing something about Paul?

All that article gives is Friar John’s OPINION (which is still wrong, btw) that Mary must have remained a virgin because the position of their man-made church deems it incomprehensible that Mary would ever consider having a normal marriage relationship with her own husband following the birth of Christ.

Nowhere does the article provide Biblical proof or Scriptures whatsoever that state Mary remained a virgin until she died. That’s because they do not exist. Nowhere does the Bible say she remained a virgin following Christ’s birth.

If so, please provide Book, Chapter & verse that clearly states this.....otherwise, it is not true.

Clearly the friar has taken an unbiblical stance as Hebrews 13:4 states:
“Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.”

The article seems to suggest that it would be wrong for Mary to have a physical relationship with her own husband:

“To argue against Mary's perpetual virginity is to suggest something else that is greatly implausible, not to say unthinkable: that neither Mary nor her protector, Joseph, would have deemed it inappropriate to have sexual relations after the birth of God in the flesh. Leaving aside for a moment the complete uniqueness of the Incarnation of the Second Person of the Trinity, recall that it was the practice for devout Jews in the ancient world to refrain from sexual activity following any great manifestation of the Holy Spirit.”

WHY would it be inappropriate for Mary to have sex with her own husband following Christ’ birth?

Sex within marriage is sanctified by God.

Maybe the Catholics & Orthodox just venerate Mary beyond the status of an ordinary woman, which, btw, Jesus Christ NEVER did.

38F22037-ABBA-4A7E-A628-91CAE21DCEFE.jpeg

Attachments

God is a spirit. He doesn’t have a body—he doesn’t have chromosomes or genitals or any of the physical things that determine gender. Physical attributes like that belong to the demigods of paganism, not God.
While I agree that God is spiritual and does not have physical attributes as we do, that does not mean He is not male, because He has revealed Himself to us as male.

I may not fully understand HOW He does it, but the Bible says it so I believe it.

God NEVER represents Himself in the feminine throughout the Bible, only the masculine.

Therefore, it is clear that God is masculine.

Todd

Star
I’m not answering you as a Unitarian. But as one who does not believe the Trinity doctrine, I pray to God not Jesus. But I do pray in the name of Jesus. Jesus is the mediator between God and man so in a sense, you could say my prayers to God go through him.

Serveto

Star
A claim that has obviously survived the centuries and is still very much with us today and it made me wonder:

As soon as it was night, the believers sent Paul and Silas away to Berea. On arriving there, they went to the Jewish synagogue. 11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. 12 As a result, many of them believed, as did also a number of prominent Greek women and many Greek men. Acts 17

If he was corrupting Jesus’ doctrines, why didn’t the Bereans give him the boot? Clearly, they weren’t gullible enough to take him at his word without proving his assertions. For the sake of argument, lets just say that in those early days, he was playing by the book and that the corruption happened later in his life, while in Rome and elsewhere. If that was the case, why wasn’t another Jerusalem Council convened to get him in line, fired or have ties severed. Didn’t the apostle John outlive him? If something that grave had happened, wouldn’t we have a record of the original 12 doing something about Paul?
I haven't looked into the matter in much detail, but my guess is that, when Thomas Jefferson edited the New Testament to purge it of what he considered Pauline corruptions of the original doctrines of Jesus, he probably would have largely discounted the Acts of the Apostles as a reliable source given that they were written by Luke, a disciple of Paul, or convert to Christianity by way of Paul, but, again, only a guess it is.

Karlysymon

Superstar
I’m not answering you as a Unitarian. But as one who does not believe the Trinity doctrine, I pray to God not Jesus. But I do pray in the name of Jesus. Jesus is the mediator between God and man so in a sense, you could say my prayers to God go through him.
I suppose this is in response to my post? Thanks,i understand now how you do it.
I haven't looked into the matter in much detail, but my guess is that, when Thomas Jefferson edited the New Testament to purge it of what he considered Pauline corruptions of the original doctrines of Jesus, he probably would have largely discounted the Acts of the Apostles as a reliable source given that they were written by Luke, a disciple of Paul, or convert to Christianity by way of Paul, but, again, only a guess it is.
Which is very likely and incase you didn't notice, my question was also directed at Christians who are anti-pauline. Fine, we can discount the book of Acts but the man 'planted churches' in Asia Minor and Europe, if he really did corrupt Christ's doctrines, the Johanine letters would have carried a warning, aswell as Peter'sand James. If the contention is that the Vatican did some mopping up, the question is, what did they have to gain from promoting Paul, given the fact that many can attest miracles wrought in Jesus' name?

Serveto

Star
Which is very likely and in case you didn't notice, my question was also directed at Christians who are anti-pauline. Fine, we can discount the book of Acts but the man 'planted churches' in Asia Minor and Europe, if he really did corrupt Christ's doctrines, the Johanine letters would have carried a warning, aswell as Peter'sand James. If the contention is that the Vatican did some mopping up, the question is, what did they have to gain from promoting Paul, given the fact that many can attest miracles wrought in Jesus' name?
I am no expert, and am not even particularly anti-Paul, though I do consider him very mercurial, but I think, if you want to follow the Petrine (of or related to Peter) vs. Pauline controversy, or supposed controversy, in relatively early "extra-Biblical" literature, a good place to start is with the so called "Pseudo Clementine Homilies."

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
For the record marijuana is a controlled substance in the state of Pennsylvania. Just saying. Enjoy your life, clearly it is phenomenal since you have so much free time to stalk me and my family all around the interweb..

For the record marijuana is a controlled substance in the state of Pennsylvania. Just saying. Enjoy your life, clearly it is phenomenal since you have so much free time to stalk me and my family all around the interweb..
I’m sorry Jess. That’s not a reason to punish someone and I hope all will work out for you and your family.