Did God......

Vytas

Star
I repeat: nobody told me to worship her or the Pope. Are you or have you ever been Catholic? I don't think so, so you're not qualified to speak. Some do worship Mary but it's an extra thing, and not a requirement to be a Catholic.
I was raised in catholic family, and whole my family except me are catholics, i took first communion at seven lol. And there are lot of priest's in my family, and i was groomed to be one too. Im more then well qualified, 100 % of catholics worship Mary period , there are worship songs for her being played in every mass. Impossible not to know it.

SnowFall

Veteran
Really?

Because in my neighborhood alone there are 3 houses that have/had concrete statues of "Mary" in their front yard.

I've gone to all three to give them the Gospel. The first lady just straight up said she didn't want to hear it, that she was trusting in her membership in the RCC to take her to Heaven, claiming she was a "good Catholic"(as if that will somehow save her).

The second lady let me give her the Gospel & got saved, Praise God. The next time I drove down her street I noticed she had removed the statue of Mary.

The third house is a guy that lives on the next street over & is about as Catholic as they come. He has a full blown shrine devoted to his goddess Mary--his Queen of Heaven. He dresses her with strings of beads and she has a crown. It's beyond creepy. I've seen him get on his knees & pray to it, light candles around it, kiss it & pour out drinks for it.

I knocked on his door & as soon as he saw me holding a Bible he got angry. I remained calm & polite and asked him if he knew he was going to Heaven when he died. He rolled his eyes & sighed and said "Look, I am not Christian and am not interested in becoming Christian because I am a Catholic. And nobody knows if they are going to Heaven." I told him that's not true, that when you are saved you will know you are going to Heaven and began to flip through my Bible to show him.

He stopped me and said he didn't care what my book said, "she" is the one who will get him into Heaven as he pointed at the statue. I said sir, that is just a carved piece of stone, it cannot get you into Heaven and praying to it is wicked because it is not God.

He leaned in close and said, maybe not to you, but to me, it IS God. Then he told me to leave.

I knew he wouldn't listen but I am praying for him to get saved.

Don't tell me Catholics don't worship Mary, because they DO.
Ok I’m Catholic and not me, not any Catholic I know believe that our lady is God or worship her and I read the holy bible daily so he doesn’t seem like a true Catholic to me

phipps

Star
You do realise Psalm 22 is a prophecy about the suffering, praise, and posterity of the Messiah. Read the whole Chapter and see.

“They pierced my hands and my feet.” Psalm 22:16.

"They divide My garments among them, And for My clothing they cast lots." Psalm 22:18.

phipps

Star
Again your sources do not understand Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy and that period of time is soon but not yet over.

God was standing right in front of them but they had their heads in His book.

So the bible had become an idol to them.

Jews are the stump and Christians are branches.

What is more important ? That's right the stump !

I won't respond to anything we've already discussed and disagreed on any more. Btw those are my beliefs on the 70 weeks, have been for twenty years okay! Lets just pray that God leads us to all truth of His word.

Last edited:

Helioform

Star
Define what is worship for you then. Because im not wrong on this. 84% of my country are catholics. And they all worship her and other saints.
Like I said, Mary is "honoured" for the most part. No one I knew ever worshipped her as in go to a statue of her and venerate her like a God, and the first communion, and confirmation do not involve Mary/Pope worship in any way.

TokiEl

Superstar
You do realise Psalm 22 is a prophecy about the suffering, praise, and posterity of the Messiah. Read the whole Chapter and see.

“They pierced my hands and my feet.” Psalm 22:16.

"They divide My garments among them, And for My clothing they cast lots." Psalm 22:18.
Of course i know but that was not the point.

Your sources said that Jesus used the plural form of God in Mark 15:34 and that is not correct.

He used the singular form of God two times just as Psalm 22 and i asked why ?

TokiEl

Superstar
I won't respond to anything we've already discussed and disagreed on any more. Btw those are my beliefs on the 70 weeks, have been for twenty years okay! Lets just pray that God leads us to all truth of His word.
Well i have proven the correct interpretation and so for you to continue to sprout errors is an offence not only to me.

Vytas

Star
Like I said, Mary is "honoured" for the most part. No one I knew ever worshipped her as in go to a statue of her and venerate her like a God, and the first communion, and confirmation do not involve Mary/Pope worship in any way.
Maybe it's different in Canada, here in Europe nobody would make an argument that she is not being worshiped. Songs, prayers, indulgences , rosaries etc

phipps

Star
Of course i know but that was not the point.

Your sources said that Jesus used the plural form of God in Mark 15:34 and that is not correct.

He used the singular form of God two times just as Psalm 22 and i asked why ?
Can you first read and understand what I posted before you respond? You clearly did not understand my point at all because you did not follow the discussion. I know Jesus did not use the plural form of God in Mark 15:34. That was my point exactly. So go read the discussion and what I said in context and stop misquoting me. Honestly, you're so exhausting!

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Well i have proven the correct interpretation and so for you to continue to sprout errors is an offence not only to me.
I disagree. I am not competing with you to see who is right. Its about the word of God. Bye.

phipps

Star
Paganism and Catholicism: The Worship of Mary

The Catholic Church has elevated Mary to the level of mediator, advocate, and co-redeemer of humanity, in direct contradiction of the Scriptures. In 1854, Pope Pius IX declared Mary “immaculate,” or sinless, thus giving her the position of mediator.

Mary takes the place of Jesus in Catholic teaching. Instead of the faithful looking to Jesus as the Author and Finisherof their faith, they look to Mary. In Mary they find access to God. In her the Church is all holy and can learn obedience to God.

“The Church’s devotion to the Blessed Virgin is intrinsic to Christian worship.” The Church rightly honors “the Blessed Virgin with special devotion. From the most ancient times the Blesses Virgin has been honored with the title of ‘Mother of God,’ to whose protection the faithful fly in all their dangers and needs.”i

The way to salvation is open to none otherwise than through Mary. The salvation of all depends on their being favoured and protected by Mary. He who is protected by Mary will be saved: he who is not will be lost. Our salvation depends on thee. God will not save us without the intercession of Mary.ii

Mary takes the place of God and she herself is treated like a goddess, a teaching to which the Catholic Church is not averse if we study even her modern statements on this issue.

"But while in the most Blessed Virgin the Church has already reached that perfection whereby she exists without spot or wrinkle, the faithful still strive to conquer sin and increase in holiness. And so they turn their eyes to Mary: in her, the Church is already the “all-holy."iii

Here are some of the names Mary is given, from the book Thunder of Justice:

"Prophetess Of These Last Times, The Immaculate Conception, Mother Of The Church, Mary As The New Eve, Queen Of Heaven and Earth/Queen of Peace, The Assumption, Queen of the Holy Rosary, Queen and Mother of Families, Mary as Co-Redemptrix, Mediatrix, Advocate, Our Lady of all Nations, Ark of the New Covenant, Mother of the Second Advent."iv

The titles Co-Redemptrix, Mediatrix, and Advocate in particular raise serious concerns, as they contradict the plainest teachings of Scripture. The Bible clearly teaches that there is but one Redeemer, Mediator, and Advocate, and that is Christ Jesus.

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" (1 Timothy 2:5)

"Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people" (Luke 1:68).

"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous" (1 John 2:1).

In spite of these words, the Catholic Church is willing to accept Mary in the place of Jesus Christ, depriving Him of His mediatory role. Even more surprising is the willingness of the Catholic Church to acknowledge Mary as goddess and part of the Godhead. This teaching is already covertly in place and is, in effect, nothing other than pagan goddess worship.

https://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception_paganism_Catholic_Mary_mediator

Last edited:

Todd

Star
Again your sources do not understand Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy and that period of time is soon but not yet over.
Apparently you don't either as Daniels 70 weeks prophecy perfectly aligns with the first coming of Christ and it was completely fullfilled in the first century. Their is no biblical basis for the "2000 year gap" theory. That theory's origin began with the concept of the pre-trib rapture first documented by the spanish Jesuit priest De Lacunza under the alias of a Jewish Rabbi named Juan Jushafat Ben-Ezra in the book "The Coming of the Messiah in Glory and Majesty". The book was written as a response to the early protestant reformation's accusation that the RCC was "the whore of Babylon" in Revelation chapter 17. It was an attempt to change the common view of Revelation from a historic view to a future propehetic view to deflect the criticism away form the RCC.

The Enlgish cult leader Edward Irving translated the work in English and a member of his cult named Rober Notron combined it with a vision that a young girl named Margaret Macdonald, had about a secret rapture. Margaret Macdonald was involved in the Occult and supposedly had endured occultic "levitation" experiences. John Darby heard Irving preach and began studying the 70 weeks prophecy in light of Irving's teaching. That is when Darby invented the 2000 year gap theory to make the 70 weeks prophecy appear to support the future pre-tribulation concept.

Darby didn't gain many followers in England, but during a trip to America he meet up with C.I Scofield who then incorporated the theory into his study Bible. The Scofield Reference Bible became one of them most popular English Bibles of the 19th Century and that is how the Pre-trib rapture theory became so prevelant.

For 1600 years before that there was no evidence of the acceptance of the 7 year tribulation and pre-tribulation rapture of the Church teachings. The origns alone of the theory should cause us to reject it. Good fruit does not come from a bad tree.

phipps

Star
You simply cannot disagree with proof. It's not possible. God Bless.
You have never provided biblical proof to me over that 70 weeks subject and other subjects to do with end time prophecy that is satisfactory. But if you want to believe you did, that's your right. You will still be wrong.

TokiEl

Superstar
Can your first read and understand what I posted before you respond? You clearly did not understand my point at all because you did not follow the discussion. I know the Jesus did not use the plural form of God in Mark 15:34. That was my point exactly. So go read the discussion and what I said in context and stop misquoting me. Honestly, you're so exhausting!
You want me to make a whip of cords ? L0L

Jesus was talking to God the Father in Mark 15:34. Why would He use a plural word when He was talking to God the Father?
Fine i see it.

I'm watching you.L0L

TokiEl

Superstar
You have never provided biblical proof to me over that 70 weeks subject and other subjects to do with end time prophecy that is satisfactory. But if you want to believe you did, that's your right. You will still be wrong.
A proof is a proof so if you don't find the proof satisfactory you can't have any pudding.

SnowFall

Veteran
Sorry guys but Catholic’s do not worship our lady and from the examples that some of you have given of so called catholics it just makes me believe that the church has been invaded by people whose aim is to discredit it

TokiEl

Superstar
Apparently you don't either as Daniels 70 weeks prophecy perfectly aligns with the first coming of Christ and it was completely fullfilled in the first century. Their is no biblical basis for the "2000 year gap" theory. That theory's origin began with the concept of the pre-trib rapture first documented by the spanish Jesuit priest De Lacunza under the alias of a Jewish Rabbi named Juan Jushafat Ben-Ezra in the book "The Coming of the Messiah in Glory and Majesty". The book was written as a response to the early protestant reformation's accusation that the RCC was "the whore of Babylon" in Revelation chapter 17. It was an attempt to change the common view of Revelation from a historic view to a future propehetic view to deflect the criticism away form the RCC.
Revelation is prophetic... it's about the end of the age.

The Enlgish cult leader Edward Irving translated the work in English and a member of his cult named Rober Notron combined it with a vision that a young girl named Margaret Macdonald, had about a secret rapture. Margaret Macdonald was involved in the Occult and supposedly had endured occultic "levitation" experiences. John Darby heard Irving preach and began studying the 70 weeks prophecy in light of Irving's teaching. That is when Darby invented the 2000 year gap theory to make the 70 weeks prophecy appear to support the future pre-tribulation concept.
History has shown that about 2000 years have passed since Christ... so that is a fact and not invented by Darby.

Darby didn't gain many followers in England, but during a trip to America he meet up with C.I Scofield who then incorporated the theory into his study Bible. The Scofield Reference Bible became one of them most popular English Bibles of the 19th Century and that is how the Pre-trib rapture theory became so prevelant.
That might be so but i don't know how one can have a pre-trib rapture at the last trump.

For 1600 years before that there was no evidence of the acceptance of the 7 year tribulation and pre-tribulation rapture of the Church teachings. The origns alone of the theory should cause us to reject it. Good fruit does not come from a bad tree.
Both Daniel and Revelation mention an end time lasting 3.5 years. And the last verse of Daniel 70 weeks prophecy splits the last week/seven in the middle.