Did God......

deniiiiXD

Veteran
Yes. It's about the duality. He also died so His body was like any other human's.
He was raised by Joseph and Virgin Mary.

elsbet

Superstar
Also: did God eat food?
Of course.

JEHOVAH, that is...

OXFORD
1.1 the Incarnation (in Christian theology) the embodiment of God the Son in human flesh as Jesus Christ.

It should be noted that without the Incarnation, it would have impossible for Christ to have died, for our salvation. Obviously.

If your religion requires derision-- mockery and ridicule, that is-- to gain followers, you may want to revisit your own reasons for subscribing. That is not the way the Good News travels, my friend.

If the world hates you, understand that it hated Me first.
JOHN 15:18

I chose not to use a blasphemous statement for my title! Hence the "...".

Now.

I ask the question, Christians who believe Jesus (PBUH) is God-

did God use the bathroom?
Christians believe in the Godhead...God the Father, God the Son/Word (made flesh—Jesus Christ), & God the Holy Spirit.

These three make up the one, true, living God.

The part of God that became flesh and dwelt among us on this earth in divine human form (both fully God and fully human) was Jesus Christ.

The Bible doesn’t describe it, but I think it is safe to assume that Jesus did use the bathroom.

The Holy Spirit is Spirit, and spirits do not use the bathroom as they have no bodily function.

God the Father probably did not use the bathroom because He, like the Holy Spirit, would have no use for it.

Only those functioning on the earthly, physical plane of existence would have need of such things.

Todd

Star
Christians believe in the Godhead...God the Father, God the Son/Word (made flesh—Jesus Christ), & God the Holy Spirit.
Please do not speak for all Christians. There are many of us Christians who believe there is one God and the messiah he sent.

Though most Christians prescribe to the church/man made doctrine of the Trinity, there are plenty who choose to believe only what the Bible specifically and explicitly says about Christ.

Please just say “most Christians” when making generalities about man made doctrines. Thanks!

floss

Star
Please do not speak for all Christians. There are many of us Christians who believe there is one God and the messiah he sent.

Though most Christians prescribe to the church/man made doctrine of the Trinity, there are plenty who choose to believe only what the Bible specifically and explicitly says about Christ.

Please just say “most Christians” when making generalities about man made doctrines. Thanks!
You’ve got the anti-christ spirit within you. Denying the Father and Son as One. Your oneness doctrine will send you straight to hell.

“Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?”

phipps

Star
Jesus took on the form of humanity when He was on earth. He had the same needs that all humans need physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. He had hereditary weaknesses like human beings did/do after sin came into this world.

"For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham" (Hebrews 2:16).

He as God lowered Himself as a human being to show us that we can overcome sin in this world. He chose to live His life here as a man in the same way we have to live it. To save Himself from sin and the perils of the flesh, He depended constantly and solely upon the power of His Father. It was in this way that He overcame the devil, closed every avenue of temptation, and lived a life of perfect obedience. By never yielding to the inherent appeal of the flesh, He set an example of the kind of victory that may come to every child of Adam through dependence on the Father.

phipps

Star

Still picking and choosing what you believe in the Bible are you? Jesus made claims that made it clear He is God. Is He is a liar? Were the apostles and men of God who said Jesus was God liars too? Do you even believe the word of God at all? You have said the direct opposite of what the Bible claims.

Equal with God

Jesus made it clear that He was the Son of God, and had equality with God.

"Again the high priest asked Him, saying to Him, "Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?" Jesus said, "I am. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven"" (Mark 14:61-62).

"But Jesus answered them, "My Father has been working until now, and I have been working." Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was his Father, making Himself equal with God" (John 5:17-18).

""I and My Father are one." Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, "Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone me?" The Jews answered Him, saying, "For a good work we do not stone you, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God"" (John 10:30-33).

Deserving of Worship

Nowhere in the New Testament do we find Jesus rebuking those that worshipped Him or directly addressed Him as God.

"And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased. Then those who were in the boat came and worshiped Him, saying "Truly You are the Son of God"" (Matthew 14:32-33).

"Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"" (John 20:28).

God is the only one worthy of worship. Angels and humans have no right to claim worship from a fellow created being. Two examples in the scriptures neatly emphasize this point:

"When John was shown the New Jerusalem in vision, he fell at the feet of his angel-guide to worship him, but the angel reprimanded him, saying, "See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God"" (Revelation 22:9).

"When the apostle Peter visited the home of Cornelius, he was so overwhelmed that he fell at Peter’s feet to worship him, but the apostle said, "Stand up; I myself also am a man"" (Acts 10:26).

Divine Lord and Creator

There are some religious groups that deny the humanity of Christ, and others than deny His divinity. The Scriptures, however, clearly confirm both His humanity and His divinity. Christ is the Creator of all things. He is the Saviour and Lord of all. The name Jesus literally means “‘the existing One," the Saviour.

"By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth. He gathereth the waters of the sea together as an heap: he layeth up the depth in storehouses. Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him. For he spake and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast" (Psalm 33:6-9).

The New Testament confirms that Jesus Christ is the Creator and the Christ:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made" (John 1:1-3).

"For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him" (Colossians 1:16).

"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ" (Acts 2:36).

"And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father" (Philippians 2:11).

Jesus emphatically claimed to be God—that He was the self-existent one who preceded all things. He said, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am" (John 8:58).

The Greek word used here for “I am” is eimi, which means “to exist.” It clearly emphasizes the fact that Jesus is God. This “I am” is the same “I am” that spoke to Moses in the burning bush (Exodus 3:14).

The accurate prophecies in the Bible that pertain to the Messiah are all fulfilled in Jesus. No other individual can claim His messiahship. He is the Prince of Peace, the Lamb that was slain, and "in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily" (Colossians 2:9). Jesus said, "All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth" (Matthew 28:18).

"And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God" John 3:14-18.

The stage is set and the claims of Jesus are clear. In spite of this, the world is watering down these truths to accommodate all religions in a final confederacy aligned against the Word. This great conflict will culminate in the climax of history, when Christ returns and the kingdom shall be given into His hand.

"Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power" (1 Corinthians 15:24).

Last edited:

elsbet

Superstar

These three make up the one, true, living God.

The part of God that became flesh and dwelt among us on this earth in divine human form (both fully God and fully human) was Jesus Christ.

The Bible doesn’t describe it, but I think it is safe to assume that Jesus did use the bathroom.

The Holy Spirit is Spirit, and spirits do not use the bathroom as they have no bodily function.

God the Father probably did not use the bathroom because He, like the Holy Spirit, would have no use for it.

Only those functioning on the earthly, physical plane of existence would have need of such things.
I'm reminded of Job, here, who has been lauded for his patience...

Very nice, @Claire Rousseau

You're a Universalist.

JinnieAnne

Established
*sigh*

Mary did NOT remain a virgin.

"Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? "
MARK 6:3
Yes, she did remain virgin her entire life.

No. I will not.
Because the Godhead is BIBLICAL.
If you do not believe the clear, Biblical doctrine that is the foundation of Christianity, then you have no reason to refer to yourself as a Christian.

Last edited:

Dalit

Star
*sigh*

Mary did NOT remain a virgin.

"Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? "
MARK 6:3
I think Joseph would've had a problem with that. Sorry, couldn't resist. :p Honestly, I'm sure she, too, would've had a problem with that as well.

James is really Jacob or Yaakov (Hebrew).

Vytas

Star
I think Joseph would've had a problem with that. Sorry, couldn't resist. :p
I just wanted to point out that too, I even would go as far as to call that sin. Hearing "no" for 40-50 years is not what people expect when they marriage. It would be mental abuse, doesn't matter from which side man or woman.

elsbet

Superstar
I just wanted to point out that too, I even would go as far as to call that sin. Hearing "no" for 40-50 years is not what people expect when they marriage. It would be mental abuse, doesn't matter from which side man or woman.
Well, yes... it kind of is a sin, you're right. The bible advises against it, lest the devil get a foothold.

Yes, it is sin to go extended periods of time without having sex with your spouse, and you are right....male or female, it is wrong...
It is called “defrauding” your spouse (denying them sex).

1 Corinthians 7:
2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

3 Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.

4 The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.

5 Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.