Did God......

justjess

Superstar
Payback for what exactly chassidy? Being stupid enough to befriend you?

I’m not embarrassed or ashamed of any single part of my life, never have been and never will be. I love that man who’s picture you’ve plastered all over this site, he isn’t perfect but no one is and I never asked him to be or expected him to be. You live in a country where marijuana is legal, I do not. I also happen to live in a state with severe budget deficits that likes to fill the coffers by charging people as criminals for smoking a plant which is a medicine pretty much everywhere else. It is what it is. We have each other and we have love, he will be home soon and we will get through this together just like we always have and always will. You have NOTHING. You will never have what I have because you are an ugly dark soul. And your jealous. I get it. But it’s past time to move on chass.. I thought your psychiatrist told u that?

This isn’t ODD, it’s obsession and you need help. I suggest you seek some out.

justjess

Superstar
Get help chassidy.

The fact that you knew that was posted when even I did not screams of obsession. Screams. It isn’t healthy for anyone but especially not YOU. I did nothing to you except decide to stop being your friend, you got yourself banned and continue to do so over and over again. Take some responsibility for your own shit. Your a grown ass woman, it’s time.

Hello Christians of VC... this is your sister in Christ? Your really going to continue that delusion at this point? This is the least Christ like behavior I have ever seen.

justjess

Superstar
You have this so completely backwards chassidy it is extremely concerning. All those memes you think you are posting about me try to realize they are truly about yourself. Merry Christmas.

justjess

Superstar
Says the girl who has been continuously stalking and harassing a stranger she met on the internet AND HER FAMILY for ten plus years... because she blames her for being banned from a forum. Yes, sure makes perfect sense. I’m SURE I’m the one with a mental problem in this situation chassidy.

justjess

Superstar
You know what let me just put it like this...

Maybe I did not end our friendship in the most delicate manner, I know I talked a lot of shit about you at the time (it went both ways), and apparantly I didn’t take your mental fragility into enough consideration. It was a decade ago, I was a lot younger and a lot less wise. I am sorry for that. Truly. Clearly i hurt you very badly and that was not my intent.

But this is literally going on for ten years now chassidy. That is not normal or healthy. If I knew where you lived and you weren’t international I could and would have you charged with stalking and harassment and get a restraining order. You would be sitting in a jail cell, same as my husband.

It is not a crime to insensitively end a friendship. It is not a crime to say mean things about someone when they have also said mean things about you. It is not a crime to argue or disagree.

It is a crime to harass someone and it is a crime to stalk someone. Which is what your behavior crossed into many years ago. Seriously look at that if you are at all mentally capable of doing so. For your own sake.

justjess

Superstar
I’m going to sleep chassidy, the forum is all yours. Enjoy. But also note that YOUR behavior is on full display for all to see here. YOUR unprovoked “attacks” YOUR insanity and compulsion. Not mine. No one here is a fool.

I am no expert, and am not even particularly anti-Paul, though I do consider him very mercurial, but I think, if you want to follow the Petrine (of or related to Peter) vs. Pauline controversy, or supposed controversy, in relatively early "extra-Biblical" literature, a good place to start is with the so called "Pseudo Clementine Homilies."
“The separation between the doctrine of life and the explanation of life began with the preaching of Paul who knew not the ethical teachings set forth in the Gospel of Matthew, and who preached a metaphisico-cabalistic theory entirely foreign to Christ; and this separation was perfected in the time of Constantine, when it was found possible to clothe the whole pagan organization of life in a Christian dress, and without changing it to call it Christianity."

“"After Constantine, that arch-pagan, whom the Church in spite of all his crimes and vices admits to the category of the saints, after Constantine began the domination of the councils, and the centre of gravity of Christianity was permanently displaced till only the metaphysical portion was left in view. And this metaphysical theory with its accompanying ceremonial deviated more and more from its true and primitive meaning, until it has reached its present stage of development, as a doctrine which explains the mysteries of a celestial life beyond the comprehension of human reason, and, with all its complicated formulas, gives no religious guidance whatever with regard to the regulation of this earthly life.”

- Tolstoy

In short Paul taught that outward supernatural observances ( fasts prayers church study etc ) are all that matters. He hollowed it out and it was this structure that was ultimately and finally co—opted by The Roman Empire by Religious syncretism.

It’s possible that Paul was a Mithra cultist who understood that Christianity could not be destroyed by force and the only option was to co-opt it.

https://jdstone.org/cr/files/paulandthepaganreligionofmithraism.html

One of the biggest reasons the Romans Emperors promoted Paul was to place the day of worship ( the day of worship is an irrelevancy ) to Sunday to coincide with the day of worship for Sol Invictus.

The more I learn the more men like Jefferson and Tolstoy are correct, Paul is the corrupter of Christianity. If the RCC leadership is the anti-Christ than it is embodied in Paul.

“"A century ago, and among the ignorant now, the nominal Christian makes this reply: " Compulsory military service, wars, tribunals, and the death penalty, all exist in obedience to the law of God transmitted to us by the Church. This is a fallen world. All the evil that exists, exists by God's will, as a punishment for the sins of men. For this reason we can do nothing to palliate evil. We can only save our own souls by faith, by the sacraments, by prayers, and by submission to the will of God as transmitted by the Church. The Church teaches us that all Christians should unhesitatingly obey their rulers, who are the Lord's anointed, and obey also persons placed in authority by rulers; that they ought to defend their property and that of others by force, wage war, inflict the death penalty, and in all things submit to the authorities, who command by the will of God."

Leo Tolstoy

The bolded portions above allude to to Romans 13, the most vile part of the New Testament and maybe even the entire Bible. This is why the Romans loved their Paulus so much, he ended the threat Christianity represented to the Roman State.

Last edited:

Maes17

Superstar
“The separation between the doctrine of life and the explanation of life began with the preaching of Paul who knew not the ethical teachings set forth in the Gospel of Matthew, and who preached a metaphisico-cabalistic theory entirely foreign to Christ; and this separation was perfected in the time of Constantine, when it was found possible to clothe the whole pagan organization of life in a Christian dress, and without changing it to call it Christianity."

“"After Constantine, that arch-pagan, whom the Church in spite of all his crimes and vices admits to the category of the saints, after Constantine began the domination of the councils, and the centre of gravity of Christianity was permanently displaced till only the metaphysical portion was left in view. And this metaphysical theory with its accompanying ceremonial deviated more and more from its true and primitive meaning, until it has reached its present stage of development, as a doctrine which explains the mysteries of a celestial life beyond the comprehension of human reason, and, with all its complicated formulas, gives no religious guidance whatever with regard to the regulation of this earthly life.”

- Tolstoy

In short Paul taught that outward supernatural observances ( fasts prayers church study etc ) are all that matters. He hollowed it out and it was this structure that was ultimately and finally co—opted by The Roman Empire by Religious syncretism.

It’s possible that Paul was a Mithra cultist who understood that Christianity could not be destroyed by force and the only option was to co-opt it.

One of the biggest reasons the Romans Emperors promoted Paul was to place the day of worship ( the day of worship is an irrelevancy ) to Sunday to coincide with the day of worship for Sol Invictus.

The more I learn the more men like Jefferson and Tolstoy are correct, Paul is the corrupter of Christianity. If the RCC leadership is the anti-Christ than it is embodied in Paul.
Interesting

Dalit

Star

- Tolstoy

“"A century ago, and among the ignorant now, the nominal Christian makes this reply: " Compulsory military service, wars, tribunals, and the death penalty, all exist in obedience to the law of God transmitted to us by the Church. This is a fallen world. All the evil that exists, exists by God's will, as a punishment for the sins of men. For this reason we can do nothing to palliate evil. We can only save our own souls by faith, by the sacraments, by prayers, and by submission to the will of God as transmitted by the Church. The Church teaches us that all Christians should unhesitatingly obey their rulers, who are the Lord's anointed, and obey also persons placed in authority by rulers; that they ought to defend their property and that of others by force, wage war, inflict the death penalty, and in all things submit to the authorities, who command by the will of God."

Leo Tolstoy

The bolded portions above allude to to Romans 13, the most vile part of the New Testament and maybe even the entire Bible. This is why the Romans loved their Paulus so much, he ended the threat Christianity represented to the Roman State.
I don't agree with the statement on Paul being possibly part of a Mithras cult, but I don't think Constantine was the hero everyone thought he was. Currently researching Constantine's life more because I do find it interesting that he was the one who did conform Christianity to fit with his Greek mode of thought and some paganism. Is the liturgical calendar at odds with the Biblical feasts? It would appear to be so, but I want more proof and need to delve into history a bit. I personally wouldn't look down on anyone who loves the liturgical calendar yet I'm just questioning why traditions can sometimes be more important to people, myself included, than why we have the traditions we do or think the way we think, etc. Had an interesting discussion with my mom and aunt yesterday and my aunt concluded with "It's just tradition" regarding Christmas trees and the like. That's not good enough for me anymore. I want to know why and make sure I'm truly honoring YHVH.

- Tolstoy

Leo Tolstoy

What is the deal with all the Paul-bashing?

Paul was an apostle and before he got saved, he ruthlessly hated Christians & persecuted them.

But after he got saved he was on fire for the Lord, and did some of the greatest work for God the world has ever known.

He completely repented of his past ways.

A change like that is evidence of his rebirth of heart, spirit and mind as he had forsaken his wealth & respected position of power & influence amongst the Jews to follow Christ.

His story is edifying & inspiring to Bible-BELIEVING Christians.

Like you, those who seek to slander Paul and bring all manner of slander & false accusations against him must always resort to using rumor & hearsay from extra-Biblical outside sources.... and to what end?

The most obvious, significant reason one would use the words of men—who do lie—to twist the written Word of God—Who CANNOT lie—is to attempt to cause the reader to DOUBT the Word of God.

phipps

Star

- Tolstoy

Leo Tolstoy

2 Peter 3:14-16 (NKJV)

"Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures."

Karlysymon

Superstar

- Tolstoy

Leo Tolstoy

Iam sorry but this comes across as weak to me. Did the Emperors really need Paul to do that? Whatever happened to decrees? Raised/educated as a Pharisee, he knew full well that the Decalogue, within which the 4th commandment/day of worship is enshrined, cannot be abrogated or rendered obsolete because its entwined with God's existence.

Even though we don't often realise it when we say it; to say that the Law was nailed to the cross we are basically saying that God's character was nailed too and changed after (despite the countless times that God says that He doesn't change). The Moral Law is a reflection of God's character, an expression of who He is, so how can we say that He changed His character? It all just screams Deicide. To abrogate the Law, demands killing its Author. To render it obsolete is to say something grave of His character.

Paul knew that full well, writing that "if the Law could be done away with, Christ need not have come." No where does he talk about changing the day of worship, a point you suggest the Emperors latched onto. Only those who think themselves to be god(s) take it upon themselves to edit or abrogate the Decalogue.

To be more convincing, you need a much stronger reason upholding your claim that the Emperors and the Papacy, later on, promoted Paul.

Iam sorry but this comes across as weak to me. Did the Emperors really need Paul to do that? Whatever happened to decrees? Raised/educated as a Pharisee, he knew full well that the Decalogue, within which the 4th commandment/day of worship is enshrined, cannot be abrogated or rendered obsolete because its entwined with God's existence.

Even though we don't often realise it when we say it; to say that the Law was nailed to the cross we are basically saying that God's character was nailed too and changed after (despite the countless times that God says that He doesn't change). The Moral Law is a reflection of God's character, an expression of who He is, so how can we say that He changed His character? It all just screams Deicide. To abrogate the Law, demands killing its Author. To render it obsolete is to say something grave of His character.

Paul knew that full well, writing that "if the Law could be done away with, Christ need not have come." No where does he talk about changing the day of worship, a point you suggest the Emperors latched onto. Only those who think themselves to be god(s) take it upon themselves to edit or abrogate the Decalogue.

To be more convincing, you need a much stronger reason upholding your claim that the Emperors and the Papacy, later on, promoted Paul.
You completely ignored my second and more important point of Romans 13. Complete obedience to the state. Fairly obvious why the Empire needed it.

Regardless Paul turned an ethical teaching and way of life into a mystical form of external worship that requires nothing save following a few rules and performing rituals, prayer and belief. Fairly obvious why the Emperors preffered that ( as it’s basically the same way pagans worshipped their gods and goddesses) Constantine finished what Paulus started, eliminating the threat Christianity posed to the state.

Last edited:
"Is it argued by any rational man that the debased Christianity cherished by the mob in all the Christian countries of today, has any colourable likeness to the body of ideas preached by Christ?

"The plain fact is that this bogus Christianity has no more relation to the system of Christ than it has to Aristotle. It is the invention of Paul and his attendant rabble-rousers--a body of men exactly comparable to the corps of evangelical pastors of today, which is to say, a body devoid of sense and lamentably indifferent to common honesty. The mob, having heard Christ, turned against Him. His theological ideas were too logical and plausible for it, and His ethical ideas were enormously too austere. What it yearned for was the old comfortable balderdash under a new and gaudy name, and that is prescisely what Paul offered it. He borrowed from all the wandering dervishes and body-snatchers of Asia Minor, and flavoured the stew with remnants of Greek demonology. The result was a code of doctrines so discordant and so nonsensical that no two men since, examining it at length, have ever agreed upon its prescise meaning. Paul remains the arch theologian of the mob. His turgid and witless metaphysics make Christianity bearable to men who would otherwise be repelled by Christ's simple and magnificent reduction of the duties of man to the duties of a gentle-man."

H.L Mencken

Karlysymon

Superstar
You completely ignored my second and more important point of Romans 13. Complete obedience to the state. Fairly obvious why the Empire needed it.

Regardless Paul turned an ethical teaching and way of life into a mystical form of external worship that requires nothing save following a few rules and performing rituals, prayer and belief. Fairly obvious why the Emperors preffered that ( as it’s basically the same way pagans worshipped their gods and goddesses) Constantine finished what Paulus started, eliminating the threat Christianity posed to the state.
So, basically you are saying that he taught/preached Statism...well, thats new.

King Solomon says something similar in Proverbs 24:21-22. I suppose then that he and Paul were advancing some agenda of power consolidation?

So, basically you are saying that he taught/preached Statism...well, thats new.

King Solomon says something similar in Proverbs 24:21-22. I suppose then that he and Paul were advancing some agenda of power consolidation?
King Solomon was likewise a Bible Villain. Not wise at all and my namesakes warnings were with him in mind.

"Is it argued by any rational man that the debased Christianity cherished by the mob in all the Christian countries of today, has any colourable likeness to the body of ideas preached by Christ?

"The plain fact is that this bogus Christianity has no more relation to the system of Christ than it has to Aristotle. It is the invention of Paul and his attendant rabble-rousers--a body of men exactly comparable to the corps of evangelical pastors of today, which is to say, a body devoid of sense and lamentably indifferent to common honesty. The mob, having heard Christ, turned against Him. His theological ideas were too logical and plausible for it, and His ethical ideas were enormously too austere. What it yearned for was the old comfortable balderdash under a new and gaudy name, and that is prescisely what Paul offered it. He borrowed from all the wandering dervishes and body-snatchers of Asia Minor, and flavoured the stew with remnants of Greek demonology. The result was a code of doctrines so discordant and so nonsensical that no two men since, examining it at length, have ever agreed upon its prescise meaning. Paul remains the arch theologian of the mob. His turgid and witless metaphysics make Christianity bearable to men who would otherwise be repelled by Christ's simple and magnificent reduction of the duties of man to the duties of a gentle-man."

H.L Mencken

More extra-Biblical nonsense.

Men will say all manner of falsehood against other men. Show me something from the BIBLE that supports your claim.

Otherwise, it’s just gossip.

I see....
Yeah, the guy who built a personal prestige and palace Empire that broke the backs of the people that they eventually rebelled under Rehoboam.

What did he do that was so wise? Settle a dispute about a baby and allegedly write some proverbs?

How’d that spare the rod spoil the child thing work out for his or David’s kids?