Did Evolution Really Happen?

Aero

Superstar
Why do you think Evolution is a lie?

I'm fairly certain evolution is real. Consider your own life. As a baby your brain is huge, but nevertheless you can't speak, run. As a child you can run, speak, and throw a ball. But you probably still can't drive a car, work manual labor, or design a computer. That's evolution, you start out as a simple little baby and become a complex adult.

The birth of our species must of been similar, only it took much longer. We had to go through a lot of "simple" stages. The origins of pretty much everything start out in some simple form. Like planets, and even the entire galaxy

GreenTea

Rookie
If we all started off with Adam and Eve, how do you explain all the different ethnicities that we see around us? Clearly we have adapted according to various regions in which we have lived; this usually happens over a long period of time. That process of our bodies adapting to our environments and as per our requirement is nothing but evolution. Take this basic concept and apply it to all species of the animal kingdom...

manama

Star
micro or macro evolution?
I keep an open mind eitherway.
i believe in both micro and macro evolution however the concept that mankind evolved from a similar ancestor to that of apes is one thing i can't accept because of various scientific flaws. Most of the evidences are structural for that however i believe that all these species are similar not because they evolved from one another but because they have the same creator.

If we all started off with Adam and Eve, how do you explain all the different ethnicities that we see around us? Clearly we have adapted according to various regions in which we have lived; this usually happens over a long period of time. That process of our bodies adapting to our environments and as per our requirement is nothing but evolution. Take this basic concept and apply it to all species of the animal kingdom...
When I was still in my teens there'd be this guy coming online to argue and diss the abrahimic creationist folk.
He was a hindu who originally spent every hour of his day trying to explain to us why monothiesm was wrong and panthiesm was right.
i used to use basic muslim street logic with him
"you saying God is inside the shit?"
dude would try to come across as calm/cool but we knew he's crying.
finally broke him and then he returned with vengeance a year later with an entirely new personality..
he was now....
an athiest on a crusade against islam...with all the common online terminology with it
"ad hominenenemen" "yo god is a sky daddy" and of course "natural selection"

but back then i was naive and would just be like "mate, my ancestors weren't monkeys like yours" and he'd spend the rest of the day in deep depression, venting, writing essays, explaining how natural selection actually works.

in the end i was like "God created evolution so what?" lmfaoooo

Etagloc

Superstar
When did I say anything about Adam and Eve? What is it with people and tryna force you into false dilemmas. Like either you believe in evolution or you're a fundamentalist Christian. That's like saying I must be a Democrat if I don't like Trump. I'm none of the above.

Etagloc

Superstar
Y'all sound like some ancient Greek philosophers staring at their thumbs and saying "... And you see, my dear Etaglocius, this is why obviously the universe must be shaped like my thumb". All I've learned from this thread is that no one here has really bothered to research this issue. I would bet $100 that no one who has posted here has even read Evolution's wikipedia article, much less On the Origin of Species or any other books on evolution or any books arguing against evolution. Y'all are just pulling inane arguments out of thin air to defend what your third grade science teacher told you. I'm coming at this from an angle that I'm pretty sure none of you are familiar with. But I'm not going to discuss or defend my position until I've done my research. That's the difference between us.

Etagloc

Superstar
Also, since I used the term "research", let me sprinkle y'all with a bit of ancient lost knowledge so you don't misunderstand what I mean by that word: research involves books.

GreenTea

Rookie
When did I say anything about Adam and Eve? What is it with people and tryna force you into false dilemmas. Like either you believe in evolution or you're a fundamentalist Christian. That's like saying I must be a Democrat if I don't like Trump. I'm none of the above.
sorry man haha i wasn't attacking you i just used the word "IF" - you could either believe in it or not.

When I was still in my teens there'd be this guy coming online to argue and diss the abrahimic creationist folk.
He was a hindu who originally spent every hour of his day trying to explain to us why monothiesm was wrong and panthiesm was right.
i used to use basic muslim street logic with him
"you saying God is inside the shit?"
dude would try to come across as calm/cool but we knew he's crying.
finally broke him and then he returned with vengeance a year later with an entirely new personality..
he was now....
an athiest on a crusade against islam...with all the common online terminology with it
"ad hominenenemen" "yo god is a sky daddy" and of course "natural selection"

but back then i was naive and would just be like "mate, my ancestors weren't monkeys like yours" and he'd spend the rest of the day in deep depression, venting, writing essays, explaining how natural selection actually works.

in the end i was like "God created evolution so what?" lmfaoooo
LOOL this guy's life was a joke.

Y'all sound like some ancient Greek philosophers staring at their thumbs and saying "... And you see, my dear Etaglocius, this is why obviously the universe must be shaped like my thumb". All I've learned from this thread is that no one here has really bothered to research this issue. I would bet $100 that no one who has posted here has even read Evolution's wikipedia article, much less On the Origin of Species or any other books on evolution or any books arguing against evolution. Y'all are just pulling inane arguments out of thin air to defend what your third grade science teacher told you. I'm coming at this from an angle that I'm pretty sure none of you are familiar with. But I'm not going to discuss or defend my position until I've done my research. That's the difference between us.
calm it princess, you don't know any of us.

I don't accept the likes of Darwin and Dawkins as entirely honest let alone correct but they are interpreting some obvious scientific facts, ie evolution/natural selection.

your question on "did evolution happen" is absurd.

GreenTea

Rookie
Sorry Etaglocius but I'm a psych major and I had an entire course on evolution. My professor clearly stated that this is a fuzzy topic and often debated about because its controversial but its useful to understand it nonetheless. Like everything else in science, it's a theory unless otherwise disproven by a better alternative.

Etagloc

Superstar
calm it princess, you don't know any of us.

I don't accept the likes of Darwin and Dawkins as entirely honest let alone correct but they are interpreting some obvious scientific facts, ie evolution/natural selection.

your question on "did evolution happen" is absurd.
So you can't question evolution? How "scientific". And making childish ad hominems is what people do when they lack actual arguments. And looking at your post... no actual arguments. No arguments, no evidence and "questioning is absurd"... and I'm the "unscientific" one.

Etagloc

Superstar
Sorry Etaglocius but I'm a psych major and I had an entire course on evolution. My professor clearly stated that this is a fuzzy topic and often debated about because its controversial but its useful to understand it nonetheless. Like everything else in science, it's a theory unless otherwise disproven by a better alternative.
Okay, so it was a college teacher as opposed to your third grade teacher. What would that teacher say about this website? Your argument is "it's true because my teacher said so"? And your piece of paper? It's a totem. Your piece of paper is a piece of paper. And your reference to it, as also your reference to your professor, is a mere argument from authority. Not very long ago, people with a similar piece of paper were doing lobotomies on people. It's just weird to me that people on this site believe what they were taught in school. If you believe what you were taught in school, why are you on this web site? I'm pretty sure your teachers also would have said that pretty much everything on this web site is false. And it was psychology people who are responsible for MK ULTRA. And Freud and Jung were having sex with their patients. These things show us how far we should trust the psychology people. You really take your professors at face value? People leave college worse off than when they came in.

manama

Star
im a med student calm yo tits genius
how about you research it and tell us parroting morons more
there hasn't even been an argument wtf everyone just posted their thoughts

bruh ya blind?

So you can't question evolution? How "scientific". And making childish ad hominems is what people do when they lack actual arguments. And looking at your post... no actual arguments. No arguments, no evidence and "questioning is absurd"... and I'm the "unscientific" one.
dusgfbs[gbrwgr
[
aaeg[

i can't do this.