Demons make you stronger?

I have noticed an unbelievable array of movies and TV shows throughout the decades that had the theme of some form of possession. Even Star Trek has undoubtedly a hundred episodes, with all series added up, of "alien" beings taking control of a crew member. You often here phrases like "your demons make you stronger", as though being possessed was cool. The theme of two or more minds in one body is repeated over and over, such as Split. I just watched a movie on Netflix called "Jonathan", in which the lead character has a "brother" consciousness which resides in his body and they take turns using the body. The relationship is presented as love. Or how about the example of the TV show "The Flash", in which Kaitlin aka Killer Frost has one consciousness or personality as Kaitlin and another as Frost - and when Kaitlin loses the other personality she MISSES "her"! Crazy stuff, it's everywhere. They literally make being possessed look cool. There is definitely a movement to take over the souls of humans.

I have noticed an unbelievable array of movies and TV shows throughout the decades that had the theme of some form of possession. Even Star Trek has undoubtedly a hundred episodes, with all series added up, of "alien" beings taking control of a crew member. You often here phrases like "your demons make you stronger", as though being possessed was cool. The theme of two or more minds in one body is repeated over and over, such as Split. I just watched a movie on Netflix called "Jonathan", in which the lead character has a "brother" consciousness which resides in his body and they take turns using the body. The relationship is presented as love. Or how about the example of the TV show "The Flash", in which Kaitlin aka Killer Frost has one consciousness or personality as Kaitlin and another as Frost - and when Kaitlin loses the other personality she MISSES "her"! Crazy stuff, it's everywhere. They literally make being possessed look cool. There is definitely a movement to take over the souls of humans.
This perversion is an attempt to make the occult "sexy" and make people reject the God of the universe.

Allegra

Veteran
Man, whats up with netflix, it's so evil these days, last time i heard about them they're making kids suicide cuz their series is 'glorifying' suicide.

Kids and teenagers love 'supernatural' and 'powerful' stuffs, back then there are still religion to tell them, nope it is demonic. don't do it.
But now that Christianity is slowly dying (is it though? I havent checked lol) - everything might be permitted and all they like to do is random meaninglessness. When the bill comes, boi that will be hell-a pricey.

elsbet

Superstar
Man, whats up with netflix, it's so evil these days, last time i heard about them they're making kids suicide cuz their series is 'glorifying' suicide.

Kids and teenagers love 'supernatural' and 'powerful' stuffs, back then there are still religion to tell them, nope it is demonic. don't do it.
But now that Christianity is slowly dying (is it though? I havent checked lol) - everything might be permitted and all they like to do is random meaninglessness. When the bill comes, boi that will be hell-a pricey.
Supernatural-- no one ever dies for real, and everyone has been possessed at least once. Crazy stuff, I agree, but entertaining. It is surprising though just how much programming there is like that. :/

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Your God is the most evil creature in our history.
Yet you feel confident to critique Him... from the morality you borrow from Him!

"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt. It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower."
~ C.S. Lewis

Your God is the most evil creature in our history.
Psalms 2

1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,
3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

Yet you feel confident to critique Him... from the morality you borrow from Him!

"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt. It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower."
~ C.S. Lewis
I don’t get morality from something that doesn’t exist, and belief in it has only lead to evil.

Morality does not come from god or Allah, do you really believe that psychopaths like Colgate or Bible Student are moral?

If you do you prove @Gnostic Christian Bishop right in being a moral coward.

But you don't believe in Him? Why spend so much energy on a deity you simultaneously hate yet don't believe in anyway? If the alternative to the peace I find in my faith is represented by your vile, nonsensical ramblings then I think I'm fine being a "volcano worshipper". You reject any attempt at providing any kind of explanation for your contentions with the bible but feel free to spew hate and ignorance. You seem so lost within yourself.
Real or not the belief in it is dangerous. You all ( Christians and Muslims) would force all of us to believe as you do, and belief in your Volcano is leading us to world destruction.

Who is forcing you to believe as we do?
Muslim terrorists want it, and so does the Christian Right, their goal is a theocracy. Dominionists/Reconstructionists are doing everything in their power to make the USA a theocracy.

“Religious Freedom” is code for Christian supremacy.

phipps

Star
Matthew 17:14-21 New King James Version

A Boy Is Healed

And when they had come to the multitude, a man came to Him, kneeling down to Him and saying, “Lord, have mercy on my son, for he is an epileptic and suffers severely; for he often falls into the fire and often into the water. So I brought him to Your disciples, but they could not cure him.”

Then Jesus answered and said, “O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I bear with you? Bring him here to Me.” And Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of him; and the child was cured from that very hour.

Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, “Why could we not cast it out?”

So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.”

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar
It is an illusion.
If a person is truly possessed, they have no control of their actions. They are powerless. The demons using the body have the strength at that point in time.

Wigi

Veteran
I think there are some sort of social engineering going on to normalize demonic possessions and alter personas.

Even in movies it becomes more and more blatant to see people doing occult stuff, including sacrifice, to receive new powers.

I think they're trying really hard to initiate future generations into these things so it would become the new normal when the Antichrist will be here.

I shake my head when I think about those who laugh at spiritual things right now because I bet they will all follow the crowd saying "it's just a form of art/expression don't be so closed minded."

TokiEl

Superstar
It's written in the book of Enoch that demons are spirits of dead giants who of course were strong.

There has been a concerted government effort to suppress the truths of giants on the earth because world leaders are under the control of the evil one who is out to deceive and destroy as many human beings as possible.

Jesus Christ is rejected until He returns to set things straight.

It is an illusion.
If a person is truly possessed, they have no control of their actions. They are powerless. The demons using the body have the strength at that point in time.
Yeah, I know. I didn't delve into that point in my original post, but I definitely agree. I am trying to call attention to the phenomenon of actually promoting demonic possession. A book could be written about all the examples of it on TV alone.