Demonic Encounters

Violette

Star
I think a demon or something evil tried to communicate with me last night. Before going to bed last night I felt a presence that didn't feel right but because I didn't know what it was I just ignored it and tried to sleep. As soon as I fell asleep this voice started screaming at me "Follow me!" Over and over. I couldn't move my body at all, it felt like I was paralyzed and my body was being constricted very tightly. I screamed and jerked myself awake because I thought it was going to drag my soul away somewhere. The wind was blowing outside my window making this horrible howling sound. I layed there terrified but tried to sleep again because I was exhausted and needed to wake up for work soon. This time when I closed my eyes there was a maniacal laugh circling around me as well as my body becoming paralyzed again. I kept calling Jesus' name trying to claw my way out of the darkness. I woke up again but this time I caught a quick glimpse of something dark rise away from me into the darkness of the room. I turned on one of my favorite worship songs and just kept calling out for Jesus and praying until I was eventually able to sleep. I have experienced sleep paralysis before but nothing like this. This felt much more terrifying. I can remember it all so clearly but it's usually hard for me to remember my dreams. Has anyone else experienced something creepy like this?

Todd

Star
My wife and I have experienced demons manifesting when ministering deliverance and healing to individuals. It can get kinda crazy!
Your chosen course of action was wise. Worship and prayer!

If you continue to experience things like this, I would seek a good christian counselor who understands deliverance and healing. If you need help finding someone in your area, let me know and I can point you in the right direction.

rainerann

Star
I think a demon or something evil tried to communicate with me last night. Before going to bed last night I felt a presence that didn't feel right but because I didn't know what it was I just ignored it and tried to sleep. As soon as I fell asleep this voice started screaming at me "Follow me!" Over and over. I couldn't move my body at all, it felt like I was paralyzed and my body was being constricted very tightly. I screamed and jerked myself awake because I thought it was going to drag my soul away somewhere. The wind was blowing outside my window making this horrible howling sound. I layed there terrified but tried to sleep again because I was exhausted and needed to wake up for work soon. This time when I closed my eyes there was a maniacal laugh circling around me as well as my body becoming paralyzed again. I kept calling Jesus' name trying to claw my way out of the darkness. I woke up again but this time I caught a quick glimpse of something dark rise away from me into the darkness of the room. I turned on one of my favorite worship songs and just kept calling out for Jesus and praying until I was eventually able to sleep. I have experienced sleep paralysis before but nothing like this. This felt much more terrifying. I can remember it all so clearly but it's usually hard for me to remember my dreams. Has anyone else experienced something creepy like this?
I have experienced dreams like this at different times. It is one of the reasons I will read the Bible for up to 15 chapters at a time. It helps me get back to sleep afterward. This could be another thing to try if it happens again. It is in moments like this when you can see the evidence that the Word of God has an anointing. I also journal and write down fears and other questions that I have to help my mind process things to help me get back to sleep.

Camidria

Veteran
I have also experienced something similar but not as severe, usually I would have a terrible nightmare, and also try and call out for Jesus and eventually wake up rebuking the evil spirit that was disturbing my sleep and commanding it to go in the name of Jesus. I have found that if I seal off my house and there is no familiar objects in my house then this doesn't happen at all any more. Except of course if someone comes to visit and they broke the seal by coming into my house, then the dreams resurfaces for a while until we seal the house again.

Mr. Blah

Veteran
My wife and I have experienced demons manifesting when ministering deliverance and healing to individuals. It can get kinda crazy!
Your chosen course of action was wise. Worship and prayer!

If you continue to experience things like this, I would seek a good christian counselor who understands deliverance and healing. If you need help finding someone in your area, let me know and I can point you in the right direction.
Like in horror movie?

Todd

Star
Like in horror movie?
Not exactly. I have witnessed change in voice and countenance, and even eyes rolling back a little bit, but nothing that would require CGI effects to replicate in a movie:p

I've also physically wrestled with people going through deliverance just to keep them safe. Their was this one instance where we were leading a young man through deliverance and the demon tried to keep putting his arms in our fireplace (yes it had wood buring in it at the time). I am 6'3" 225 lbs and in pretty good shape. The young man was 5'9" or 5'10" and about 150lbs, yet it took everything I had to contain him.

The next morning the young man had no recollection of what had happened. He was baffled why he had rug burn marks on his knees and elbows and every muscle in his body was sore like he had done the most intensive workout of his life!

The good news is that this young man was delivered that night from Alcoholism and serious anger issues that put him in jail mutliple times. Today he is happily married with a child and serves as volunteer youth minister. He still remembers very little from that night other than the fact that he woke up the next morning a totally different person.

True World Order

Established
Salt, prayer and paint thinner ;)

If you are paralyzed don't get scared, get angry or even better, stay calm and rock yourself back and forth inside your body and try to move a finger or a toe and as soon as you break free, get up as quickly as you can and swing for that curse word.

You shouldn't really mess with these things because they can be dangerous but sometimes you don't have a choice, most of them are pretty harmless. All they have are 'whispers' and fear is their greatest weapon. Dirt can put out a fire.

Last edited:
Do not hold me to this but it seems like you were about to have a vision. Had you not got scared (and Im not blaming you for it to be clear) and let it play out, your spirit would have left your body and you would have roamed the spirit world. Demons want to scare you away from doing that

Aero

Superstar
Yes demons want to scare you, and take over your identity. The best thing to do is to understand these demons are inside of you, they aren't coming from anywhere else. But they can be activated by outside stimuli. There isn't much we can do, when we sleep we are especially vulnerable to the subconscious world.

True World Order

Established
Yes demons want to scare you, and take over your identity. The best thing to do is to understand these demons are inside of you, they aren't coming from anywhere else. But they can be activated by outside stimuli. There isn't much we can do, when we sleep we are especially vulnerable to the subconscious world.
You will find them inside you and everywhere else, everybody has at least one. Most of the unseen simply exists along with what can be seen perfectly fine as part of the natural order. Most creatures are more afraid of us than we are of them. There are some that are mischievous or just curious, but there is a group that is generally known as 'demons' that are led by Satan himself and they hate mankind.

Do not corruption in the land, after it has been set, right; and call on Him fearfully, eagerly -- surely the mercy of God is nigh to the good-doers; Qur'an Chapter 7 Verse 56

On that note, if you keep on being and doing good deeds, you will ultimately receive God's Protection in one way or another.

Might i mention, with all due respect, that Jesus is not God Almighty reason being simply that Jesus took birth while God Always Existed.

It's the worst experience ever.Today I took early leave from work cause I was not well.While I was "Sleeping" I heard someone open the door in my apartment and came into my room and sat on my bed.I couldn't even move and I was so scared.This is happening a lot lately.Just praying it away.

Violette

Star
Do not corruption in the land, after it has been set, right; and call on Him fearfully, eagerly -- surely the mercy of God is nigh to the good-doers; Qur'an Chapter 7 Verse 56

On that note, if you keep on being and doing good deeds, you will ultimately receive God's Protection in one way or another.

Might i mention, with all due respect, that Jesus is not God Almighty reason being simply that Jesus took birth while God Always Existed.
I have to respectfully disagree.
“I and My Father are one.””
‭‭John‬ ‭10:30‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
Jesus was fully man and also fully God. Jesus was born of a virgin through the miraculous work of God.
“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.””
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭22:13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
He always existed just like God the father because they are one and the same.

cajun

Established
Keep a Bible and a Crucifix in the same room where you sleep. If there are active manifestations going on, read aloud from one of the protective Psalms, like Psalm 91, or from some of Jesus's own words in the Gospels. That will make evil entities know that you are not willing to welcome them and they will leave.

Generally, our daily morning and evening prayers are enough but sometimes for some reason there is more evil in the air. Perhaps we unwittingly entertain it a little during the day or perhaps there are actually Satanists somewhere nearby doing their rituals. But Jesus tells us to be secure in the sanctuary of our homes. He tells us to pray privately. There is real strength in private prayer. He sends guardian angels.

I had an encounter recently with a neighbor who is a member of a local Satanic cult. He had come into a conversation I was having wiith another neighbor. The conversation was Christian. We were sharing testimony and the Satanist saw us talking and butted in. He knows I've been poking around the fringes of the cult and getting a few people to see that Christianity is better.

So, anyway, he butted in wiith his mocking attitude and we just kind of let it go, didn't rise to his bait. Then suddenly he stood up and acted crazy and lunged towards me in a mock-assault. I think he was trying to get my neighbor to fight, but it didn't work. We both say in our chairs very still, and just as suddenly as he's jumped up, he turned and left.

But in that split second that he lunged, I did see something. I saw a kind of greenish puff of smoke at his left shoulder and I looked at it instead of at him.

I am sure it was a demon.

manama

Star
Definitely sleep paralysis!! Avoid sleeping on your back or stomach. People say sleep paralysis occurs for scientific reasons but they fail to explain why is it always scary or extremely weird even if the dream you were seeing prior was not. According to my religious beliefs, satan tries to put his fear in you so you fear him because thats the time a person is the most vunerable. Recite your scripture, be safe.

manama

Star
Oh yea best way to get out of sleep paralysis when you can't move is to try rolling your tongue and toes.

DO NOT open your eyes or it will make stuff more scarier, my worst episode was a child like figure hugging me and then screaming in my ears. Its better to not see that.