Demonic Encounters

They however seem to have a mastery over this sorta thing. I've seen it myself. I also came to the conclusion that they do indeed seem to be at war with Hell, direct conflict, and that is why so many of their priests get got. Evil can be very strong when focused and directed on a target. It's a force...
Catholic exorcism is effective largely because of the precatuions it takes. Since Vatican II, it required permission from the local bishop to perform, usually requires a specialized priest, and most importantly they try to make sure there's no potential mental illness involved. On a metaphysical level, the rite of Catholic exorcism asks the demon's name and names have power.

Have you ever studied the history of the catholic Popes? it is one of unimaginable horror and torture. Worse than the Puritan's and the witch trials.
I don't know if I'd say that "history of the popes" was "worse" than the witch trails. Evil, but evil in a different way. The sins of the Catholic church were largely sins to remain in power and hold influence. The witch trails (which also happened outside puritan circles; Lutherns and Anglicans also loved them) mixed that with good old fashion paranoia.

Yeah, when the IRA woke up our cat with a bomb in Leicester (England) in 1990 I bet they nipped round to their catholic priest to confess afterwards and he forgave them, then no doubt they went out and started making another bomb.

Also, instead of praying to God, catholics pray to Jesus's dead human mum and to dead human saints, (even though the bible says don't talk to dead people) so their prayers are as useless as firing blanks.

Oh, and Popey doesn't seem to like women; I wonder which bit of this the old duffer doesn't understand?-
Paul said- "There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus" (Galatians 3:28 )

1)
The same catholic church you're happy to diss, is the same one that manufactured the absurd trinitarian doctrine where it says
The Father, the Son and Holy Spirit are CO EQUALS AND FULLY GOD!!!

How can you really believe that? in all my years online, ive never met a christian who could explain how the trinitarian doctrine correlates with what Jesus himself said.

Jesus said the Son doesnt know the Last Hour. Jesus said he can do nothing of his own. This clearly means he is not CO EQUAL in GODHEAD with The Father.

Jesus said
John 16
He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

There is a very clear heirarchy here. They are not co-equals in Godhead.

Yes there are verses like
15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”
However this is only because The Father is IMMANENT, THROUGH the Son.
It is still The Father who gives power to the Son. The Son on his own can do NOTHING.

“Amen Amen I say to you, whatever you ask from the Father, He will give it to you in My name”.

2) Yes 'all one in Christ' but that refers to spirituality.
men and women have different roles.

1 Corinthians 12
12 Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For we were all baptized by[c] one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. 14 Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.

27 Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. 28 And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles?

1 Corinithians 11
3 But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

Maes17

Superstar
I've had ladyfriends like that in the past who've just laid there without moving or making a sound..
It’s a pretty wild phenom.
My sleep schedule has been whacky. Always happens when I struggle with sleep. I’ve just had weird energy burst at night, so some nights I’m sleepless or sleep little and go to work and dominate my 8 hour shift to just come home. Chill with my son then knocked out by like 7:30.

Tidal

Star
The same catholic church you're happy to diss, is the same one that manufactured the absurd trinitarian doctrine where it says
The Father, the Son and Holy Spirit are CO EQUALS AND FULLY GOD!!!
How can you really believe that?

I DON'T believe that!..In fact I said in a thread only recently that the "Trinity" nonsense is just something cooked up by the catholic church.. :D

Tidal

Star
It’s a pretty wild phenom.
My sleep schedule has been whacky. Always happens when I struggle with sleep. I’ve just had weird energy burst at night, so some nights I’m sleepless or sleep little and go to work and dominate my 8 hour shift to just come home. Chill with my son then knocked out by like 7:30.

The 9-to-5 work routine is much to blame because it's so artificial. Our whole society is a slave to the clock, it tells us when to get up and when to go to bed, even though our inbuilt body clock wants to run at its own schedule.
An explorer once asked an Amazonian tribe what work they did through the day and they said something like "We don't have the word 'work' in our language, we just do what needs to be done whenever it happens to need doing, like fishing and hunting for a couple of hours, then we do nothing for the rest of the day".
It makes us wonder who are the most civilised, us or them..:confused:

Maes17

Superstar
The 9-to-5 work routine is much to blame because it's so artificial. Our whole society is a slave to the clock, it tells us when to get up and when to go to bed, even though our inbuilt body clock wants to run at its own schedule.
An explorer once asked an Amazonian tribe what work they did through the day and they said something like "We don't have the word 'work' in our language, we just do what needs to be done whenever it happens to need doing, like fishing and hunting for a couple of hours, then we do nothing for the rest of the day".
It makes us wonder who are the most civilised, us or them..:confused:
I agree. Wasting the day instead of enjoying life.
Sometimes that shift messes with my sleep.

Haven’t experienced any crazy sleep paralysis episodes of late. I’m not crazy religious to rule it demons. My logical theory is it happens due to a disturbed sleeping pattern. The human body has a weird way of functioning and can handle odd stresses for so long before you start suffering from hormonal imbalances etc which leads to fatigue/exhaustion, moodiness, irregular bowel & urine trips, clumsiness, lack of mental sharpness, physical pain - especially with workouts your body is more prone to injury.

Anyways when that balance is disturbed your body’s sleep is also disturbed. Sleep paralysis happens because you essentially wake in a certain phase of sleep where you’re dreaming - which explains hallucinations.

Also because you’re technically still asleep but awake in the dream phase explains why you can’t move. The paralysis is a defense mechanism that prevents you from acting out your dreams. Like sleep walking.

Tidal

Star
Speaking of sleep walking, I've only ever done it once as far as I know, it was when I was a kid many years ago.
I came down to breakfast as normal one morning and my parents were looking at me in a funny way.
"What's up?" I asked, and my mam said "Well we heard noises in the night and came down to find you sitting in an armchair in the living room, so we took you back to bed."
Yet i had absolutely no memory of sleep walking.. :)

PS- as for the 'sleep paralysis' phenomenon, I've never had that in my life.
As for bed wetting, I went through a phase of doing that as a kid, the human body's a weird thing.
As a kid I was unhappy at school, so maybe that can affect us?

DevaWolf

Veteran
I had sleep paralysis not too long ago. I had a black creature sitting on my chest seemingly trying to strangle me. However, I am an occultist and these shadow beings are just leeches of the other world that feed on fear. I said in my mind 'I am a being of LIGHT!' and it vanished instantly. These spirits are not demons, but weak leeches.

If you believe in Jesus enough, it will also vanish. Because these beings have no power exept the power you give them with your fear. If you are not afraid, they have nothing to feed on and they leave. They are weak. So it matters not who you call on, as long as you believe it's more powerful than they are.