Definitive Climate Change Debate Thread

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Why not answer my questions? This is supposed to be the "Definitive Climate Change Debate Thread". If you answer this post with anything other than the information I'm looking for, or by letting a video do your talking for you, you don't have the requisite knowledge to participate in your own thread.

• What direct and incontrovertible evidence do you have that we can affect the temperature of the earth in any way?
  • And since we know that the temperature of the earth went through a number of warmer and cooler periods over the last couple of thousand years, what did humans do during those times to affect the temperature?
  • What made it go up or down, and what did we do to bring it back in line?
The video already did the talking for me. Its the Pentagon that you are refuting at this point, not my contentions. You simply lack the fortitude to watch it and factually refute anything in it you disagree with. Ironically, your efforts to derail this thread keep it at the top of the stack, bringing more views to the subject lol..........
1576013777209.png

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
No. Certainly not to the extent that is being portrayed.
So if I understand your opinion correctly, you agree with the Pentagons assessment of the situation, just not that the majority of climate change is the product of human activity? I aint judging your position, just trying to make sure I actually understand it correctly.

Thunderian

Superstar
The video already did the talking for me. Its the Pentagon that you are refuting at this point, not my contentions. You simply lack the fortitude to watch it and factually refute anything in it you disagree with. Ironically, your efforts to derail this thread keep it at the top of the stack, bringing more views to the subject lol..........
View attachment 29570
So you're taking the side of the Pentagon in this?

Lurker

Star
So if I understand your opinion correctly, you agree with the Pentagons assessment of the situation, just not that the majority of climate change is the product of human activity? I aint judging your position, just trying to make sure I actually understand it correctly.
I neither agree nor disagree. History has shown that the Pentagon will oversell. They will also prepare for all contingencies. I have my concerns- they're just not to the doom and gloom level. I say the man made part is a drop in the bucket compared to what earth does regularly.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I neither agree nor disagree. History has shown that the Pentagon will oversell. They will also prepare for all contingencies. I have my concerns- they're just not to the doom and gloom level. I say the man made part is a drop in the bucket compared to what earth does regularly.
"History has shown that the Pentagon will oversell. They will also prepare for all contingencies."
I agree, but also think this balance contributes to the report. I think they will oversell because they are extremely concerned (and greedy). I also think they will prepare for contingencies as they (for better or for worse) see themselves as the final arbitrators (or at least implementers/enforcers) of whatever NWO/Neo Con-Lib cabal plans are available for a post apocalyptic landscape.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
So you're taking the side of the Pentagon in this?
Im presenting a report issued by the Pentagon which falls in line with both the facts and opinions the vast majority of climate change scientists have presented to the public. Fwiw, they didnt pull their stats out of nowhere in order to formulate their conclusions, the report is based on purely scientific data, not opinion pieces driven by political motivations or financial considerations.

Thunderian

Superstar
Im presenting a report issued by the Pentagon which falls in line with both the facts and opinions the vast majority of climate change scientists have presented to the public. Fwiw, they didnt pull their stats out of nowhere in order to formulate their conclusions, the report is based on purely scientific data, not opinion pieces driven by political motivations or financial considerations.
Do you have a link to the report? Or something I can read to see what it contains?

MoDc

Established
And since we know that the temperature of the earth went through a number of warmer and cooler periods over the last couple of thousand years, what did humans do during those times to affect the temperature? What made it go up or down, and what did we do to bring it back in line?
American colonisation killed so many people it triggered climate change, study suggests

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/environment/american-colonisation-americas-climate-change-little-ice-age-death-forests-university-college-london-a8756771.html?amp

Lurker

Star

Thunderian

Superstar
For those who can't stand reading the article (although many thanks, @MoDc, for posting it), the premise is that European colonization of North and South America caused the Little Ice Age, a time of generally lower temperatures from about the 16th to the 19th centuries.

The first question that comes to my mind is, what caused the Medieval Warm Period that directly preceded the little ice age? What caused the Roman Warm Period a few hundred years before that?

Science has already come up with some reasonable theories on the causes of all these temperature fluctuations. Reasons like slight changes in the earth's orbital cycle, solar activity, geothermal and volcanic activity, and yes, human activity, but the human activity that is blamed is always connected to deforestation, and that is simply not the issue here, as the earth is greener than it ever has been. A massive global reforestation has taken place in the last 20 years, with China and India taking the lead.

There is no reforestation problem.

Until science proves what caused ancient episodes of climate change, and what's causing present, mild variations in our temperature, I am skeptical of any theory that blames our use of plastics or fossil fuels for changes in the earth's temperature, and of any plan that suggests we can adjust the temperature of the earth like a thermostat.

Thunderian

Superstar
Was having a bit of difficulty finding the original. I think this is the correct link but if not, I can try to amend it.
https://climateandsecurity.files.wordpress.com/2019/07/implications-of-climate-change-for-us-army_army-war-college_2019.pdf
Thanks, that worked for me, but I don't see anything in the Pentagon report about the cause of climate change.

Are we arguing about the existence of climate change, or are we arguing about the cause of climate change?

The Zone

Star
LOL Oh, look! Some people want their breath taxed. It is interesting to see what some buy into. Surely people realize that science in itself is imperfect. What happened to that guy who was the vice president that said we'd be under the ocean by now.

I have a lot of things for sale if anyone is interested. Climate change is a money grab to tax you more.

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar
LOL Oh, look! Some people want their breath taxed. It is interesting to see what some buy into. Surely people realize that science in itself is imperfect. What happened to that guy who was the vice president that said we'd be under the ocean by now.

I have a lot of things for sale if anyone is interested. Climate change is a money grab to tax you more.
Any time a bunch of millionaires and politicians scream at me, "There's no time! Give us all your money!", I tend to pump the brakes pretty hard. It's always a bit of a shock to come here and see people promoting the same evil plan.

DavidSon

Star
It's not possible that we aren't effecting the environment. The US consumes 20 million barrels of oil a day, that is disgusting.

It's comical the right-wing extremists who say we're being tricked... into what? Clean energy? Lol. Taxing the wealthy and wall street, filtering money from the military budget to create sustainable energy? I love seeing young people motivated to care for the environment, this is a good sign.