Definitive Climate Change Debate Thread

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
These various threads are all over the place and often seem to quickly devolve into personal vendettas and shouting matches devoid of actual facts. So if you would prefer to continue engaging in that sort of activity, knock yourself out in any number of other threads where that kind of poster behavior is occurring.

For those whom wish to engage in a histrionic and personal attack-free examination of the topic, this is the place to stick with the facts. Im obviously of the notion that science as well as my own lyin eyes are correct, but others have differing opinions and if we dont let them post those opinions here without resorting to petty, personal attacks against them, the dialog aint likely to be very productive. So as long as everyone is being respectful and trying our best to state factual evidence, lets concentrate on that as opposed to identity politics and virtue signaling.

I have been posting a number of Graham Elwood's videos lately. I like his style but more important, he sticks to his guns and is usually correct. Here is a video I have posted previously in which he details the Pentagon's own dire report, warning of the drastic consequences of climate change for the US military and that it might not be as far off as we like to believe. So with that in mind, lets see what the "Political Vigilante" has to say on the matter......

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar
Tyhese various threads are all over the place and often seem to quickly devolve into personal vendettas and shouting matches devoid of actual facts. So if you would prefer to continue engaging in that sort of activity, knock yourself out in any number of other threads where that kind of poster behavior is occurring.

For those whom wish to engage in a histrionic and personal attack-free examination of the topic, this is the place to stick with the facts. Im obviously of the notion that science as well as my own lyin eyes are correct, but others have differing opinions and if we dont let them post those opinions here without resorting to petty, personal attacks against them, the dialog aint likely to be very productive. So as long as everyone is being respectful and trying our best to state factual evidence, lets concentrate on that as opposed to identity politics and virtue signaling.
I have been posting a number of Graham Elwood's videos lately. I like his style but more important, he sticks to his guns and is usually correct. Here is a video I have posted previously in which he details the Pentagon's own dire report, warning of the drastic consequences of climate change for the US military and that it might not be as far off as we like to believe, so with that in mind, lets see what the "Political Vigilante" has to say on the matter......
Not surprising you push the elite’s view on climate change.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Not surprising you push the elite’s view on climate change.
The "elites" are junkies hooked on oil profits and fueling their non-stop wars of aggression with fossil fuels. Thats what the "elites" are pushing Dumbdarian...... But its not surprising you have nothing relevant or intelligent to contribute to the discussion.

Climate change is real. Like, undeniably so. We know the world is getting warmer, if slightly, and we know a couple of degrees can drastically change an eco-system. The debate shouldn't be if climate change is real, but if we're the cause and what should be done.

Considering we've made parts of the world inhabitable (for humans) because of radiation, I don't doubt we're responsible for the changes to climate. That being said, I'm a little apprehensive about what can actually be done. I'm not sure if I trust the people who's greed got us into this in the first place to get us out.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Climate change is real. Like, undeniably so. We know the world is getting warmer, if slightly, and we know a couple of degrees can drastically change an eco-system. The debate shouldn't be if climate change is real, but if we're the cause and what should be done.

Considering we've made parts of the world inhabitable (for humans) because of radiation, I don't doubt we're responsible for the changes to climate. That being said, I'm a little apprehensive about what can actually be done. I'm not sure if I trust the people who's greed got us into this in the first place to get us out.
I agree very much with your post, especially the last sentence. Many powerful ideas for solutions are coming from people whom think outside the box and generally exist outside of the power structure. It would be helpful to get some of the power structure to help implement actual policy addressing climate change in a realistic and responsible fashion but if they refuse its expected since we already see that they occupy both sides of the current, problematic coin.

Thunderian

Superstar
There is no evidence that we can affect the temperature of the earth in any way.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
There is no evidence that we can affect the temperature of the earth in any way.
So your first post was a personal attack with nothing of substance behind it and nothing addressing the facts of the topic at hand. Your next post is a declarative statement backed up by absolutely nothing other than your previously discredited posting history on the subject. Everyone knows who you are here Dumbdarian, its just that nobody cares much. So perhaps you could attend to the trolling threads you have already initiated and leave the factual discussions for posters with the intellectual capacity to engage in them.

Thunderian

Superstar
So your first post was a personal attack with nothing of substance behind it and nothing addressing the facts of the topic at hand. Your next post is a declarative statement backed up by absolutely nothing other than your previously discredited posting history on the subject. Everyone knows who you are here Dumbdarian, its just that nobody cares much. So perhaps you could attend to the trolling threads you have already initiated and leave the factual discussions for posters with the intellectual capacity to engage in them.
It's rich to hear you complain about personal attacks, but I'll stop if you will. Come, defeat me with the power of your overwhelming knowledge. Answer these questions, please.

What direct and incontrovertible evidence do you have that we can affect the temperature of the earth in any way? And since we know that the temperature of the earth went through a number of warmer and cooler periods over the last couple of thousand years, what did humans do during those times to affect the temperature? What made it go up or down, and what did we do to bring it back in line?

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
It's rich to hear you complain about personal attacks, but I'll stop if you will. Come, defeat me with the power of your overwhelming knowledge. Answer these questions, please.

What direct and incontrovertible evidence do you have that we can affect the temperature of the earth in any way? And since we know that the temperature of the earth went through a number of warmer and cooler periods over the last couple of thousand years, what did humans do during those times to affect the temperature? What made it go up or down, and what did we do to bring it back in line?
Dumbdarian, all of the pertinent questions to the thread are in the video I posted. If you can provide some sort of factual refutation of whats in that video and cite/source it, we can have a discussion. Otherwise, everyone here is well aware of your provocative thread topic dis-railing efforts of the past........

Thunderian

Superstar
Dumbdarian, all of the pertinent questions to the thread are in the video I posted. If you can provide some sort of factual refutation of whats in that video and cite/source it, we can have a discussion. Otherwise, everyone here is well aware of your provocative thread topic dis-railing efforts of the past........
I'm not going to argue with a video. If you can't come up with an argument on your own, you fail.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I'm not going to argue with a video. If you can't come up with an argument on your own, you fail.
If you aint going to watch the video, Im not going to engage in a discussion with someone whom is willfully ignorant of the threads opening post. I have discussed the topic before and obviously GE's video falls in line with the science I have seen. The report being discussed here was written by the Pentagon, so its hardly the offerings of hippy-dippy hipsters and faux activists. If you have some information which is counter to the Pentagons report, here would be the place to share it.

Thunderian

Superstar
If you aint going to watch the video, Im not going to engage in a discussion with someone whom is willfully ignorant of the threads opening post. I have discussed the topic before and obviously GE's video falls in line with the science I have seen. The report being discussed here was written by the Pentagon, so its hardly the offerings of hippy-dippy hipsters and faux activists. If you have some information which is counter to the Pentagons report, here would be the place to share it.
I thought this thread was to be for a discussion of climate change, not some video you've posted in lieu of actual thought on your part.

Like I said, I won't argue with a video. If you don't have the brains to come up with answers to my questions, you should stop posting on the topic.

Thunderian

Superstar
Tempest...he ain't got Jack....never has....never will.
Yeah, because I'm the one who is directing people to watch a video instead of answering basic questions. For a definitive thread on climate debate, this is off to a great start. Tempest can't even come up with his end of the debate.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I thought this thread was to be for a discussion of climate change, not some video you've posted in lieu of actual thought on your part.

Like I said, I won't argue with a video. If you don't have the brains to come up with answers to my questions, you should stop posting on the topic.
Lets translate Dumbdarian-speak for any newcomers: "I have nothing factual to offer here, but I oppose the topic because...... Canadian MAGA told me so."
"Im going to engage in exactly the type of behavior the OP tried to eliminate from this thread to help facilitate an actual conversation, the exact same type of thread hijacking behavior I have attempted over and over again on this site. Im not going to bother viewing any of the links or info posted here by people (on both sides of the debate) who are more knowledgeable than myself on the topic....... Im going to ignore whatever factual evidence is presented and continue moving the goalposts and throwing out strawmen. Im not going to refute any claims with actual evidence of my own.... Im going to post played out GIFs!"

Congrats, now everyone knows exactly what your contribution here will be so we can all move on and ignore or laugh at you as we see fit!

Last edited:

Lurker

Star
Climate change is real. It's been changing and will continue to do so. I have not seen solid evidence that it is man made. I do have a couple of concerns tho. Geo-engineering/chemtrailing will have unintended consequences. And water - we seem to be using it faster than it can filter back to the aquafer.

I think renewable/zero carbon energy should still be a goal but plants flourish with high CO2 levels so I'm not concerned about the CO2.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Climate change is real. It's been changing and will continue to do so. I have not seen solid evidence that it is man made. I do have a couple of concerns tho. Geo-engineering/chemtrailing will have unintended consequences. And water - we seem to be using it faster than it can filter back to the aquafer.

I think renewable/zero carbon energy should still be a goal but plants flourish with high CO2 levels so I'm not concerned about the CO2.
You dont feel that humans have contributed/been the defining factor regarding climate change since the industrial revolution?

Thunderian

Superstar
Lets translate Dumbdarian-speak for any newcomers: "I have nothing factual to offer here, but I oppose the topic because......MAGA told me so."
"Im going to engage in exactly the type of behavior the OP tried to eliminate from this thread to help facilitate an actual conversation, the exact same type of thread hijacking behavior I have attempted over and over again on this site. Im not going to bother viewing any of the links or info posted here by people (on both sides of the debate) who are more knowledgeable than myself on the topic....... Im going to ignore whatever factual evidence is presented and continue moving the goalposts and throwing out strawmen. Im not going to refute any claims with actual evidence of my own.... Im going to post played out GIFs!"

Congrats, now everyone knows exactly what your contribution here will be so we can all move on and ignore or laugh at you as we see fit!
Why not answer my questions? This is supposed to be the "Definitive Climate Change Debate Thread". If you answer this post with anything other than the information I'm looking for, or by letting a video do your talking for you, you don't have the requisite knowledge to participate in your own thread.

• What direct and incontrovertible evidence do you have that we can affect the temperature of the earth in any way?
  • And since we know that the temperature of the earth went through a number of warmer and cooler periods over the last couple of thousand years, what did humans do during those times to affect the temperature?
  • What made it go up or down, and what did we do to bring it back in line?