Debunked Study

umphreak

Established
Since this article did not include a link to the actual study (huge red flag!), I did some searching and found it: http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0045592

The study does not list sexual intercourse as a possible way that the male DNA could have gotten into the woman's body. Here's what it says:

"The most likely source of male Mc in female brain is acquisition of fetal Mc from pregnancy with a male fetus. In women without sons, male DNA can also be acquired from an abortion or a miscarriage [22], [23], [38][40]. The pregnancy history was unknown for all but a few subjects in the current studies, thus male Mc in female brain could not be evaluated according to specific prior pregnancy history. In addition to prior pregnancies, male Mc could be acquired by a female from a recognized or vanished male twin [41][43], an older male sibling, or through non-irradiated blood transfusion [44]."

It seems to me that a lot of articles are deliberately distorting this to push their own agenda, or else have not properly researched this and are simply repeating what other people have said.

mecca

Superstar
Since this article did not include a link to the actual study (huge red flag!), I did some searching and found it: http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0045592

The study does not list sexual intercourse as a possible way that the male DNA could have gotten into the woman's body. Here's what it says:

"The most likely source of male Mc in female brain is acquisition of fetal Mc from pregnancy with a male fetus. In women without sons, male DNA can also be acquired from an abortion or a miscarriage [22], [23], [38][40]. The pregnancy history was unknown for all but a few subjects in the current studies, thus male Mc in female brain could not be evaluated according to specific prior pregnancy history. In addition to prior pregnancies, male Mc could be acquired by a female from a recognized or vanished male twin [41][43], an older male sibling, or through non-irradiated blood transfusion [44]."

It seems to me that a lot of articles are deliberately distorting this to push their own agenda, or else have not properly researched this and are simply repeating what other people have said.
That makes sense.

Hubert

Established

Thanks for going to the trouble to find the actual study. I read the head line and was immediately suspicious as well.