Debate with Christian Girl at Hyde Park

Oh yeah, He very famous there. He and his team have quite a rep for hate preaching. =)
I honestly not an expert on who's right and who's wrong about religions, but they way they do things is just plain bad manners.
Imho
His name is Jay Smith. He only debates people that don't really know what they're talking about. When he comes up against seasoned and knowledgeable debaters such as Shabir Ally and Mansur he all of a sudden doesn't want to debate no longer. His evolution throughout the years has actually been quite comical. He went from trying to debunk the Quran (couldn't do that), then went on to attack the Prophet(pbuh)(that didn't work), to finally where he now claims Muhammad(pbuh) didn't exist (has no proof for it obviously).

He realized the Quran was logical and sound and so he abandoned that front and decided to attack the Prophet(pbuh) and that didn't workout too well for him. He's quit all that and now tries to claim that Muhammad(pbuh) didn't exist which implies the Quran isn't from God. He couldn't find logical faults in the Quran and in the Prophet(pbuh) and so now he tries to play a stupid game. Also, he's been caught lying many times and it's all on video lol. Also, he's been kicked out of the park.

yiksmes

Established
His name is Jay Smith. He only debates people that don't really know what they're talking about. When he comes up against seasoned and knowledgeable debaters such as Shabir Ally and Mansur he all of a sudden doesn't want to debate no longer. His evolution throughout the years has actually been quite comical. He went from trying to debunk the Quran (couldn't do that), then went on to attack the Prophet(pbuh)(that didn't work), to finally where he now claims Muhammad(pbuh) didn't exist (has no proof for it obviously).

He realized the Quran was logical and sound and so he abandoned that front and decided to attack the Prophet(pbuh) and that didn't workout too well for him. He's quit all that and now tries to claim that Muhammad(pbuh) didn't exist which implies the Quran isn't from God. He couldn't find logical faults in the Quran and in the Prophet(pbuh) and so now he tries to play a stupid game. Also, he's been caught lying many times and it's all on video lol. Also, he's been kicked out of the park.
Yeah! That's exactly what i mean! I don't have to be a Muslim to see how disingenuous he is. Every time i see him, i just think, how could people trust that guy.

My favourite speaker is Shabir Yusuf, i think he has a very very nice character. Adore Mansur too. Deep respect to almost all of them.
Least favourite is Ali Dawah :D - joking-- he alright ))

Oh and at least they deported Tan... But i'm still scared for the free speech

Oh yeah, He very famous there. He and his team have quite a rep for hate preaching. =)
I honestly not an expert on who's right and who's wrong about religions, but they way they do things is just plain bad manners.
Imho
I listened to him and he sounded fine, but I do understand that one persons "critical analysis" is perceived as rude and hateful to those who hold the things being critiqued dear.

yiksmes

Established
I listened to him and he sounded fine, but I do understand that one persons "critical analysis" is perceived as rude and hateful to those who hold the things being critiqued dear.
That and also when you don't give someone else a voice and chance to answer. Or when someone gives an answer, and the other person plainly shows he didn't even listen, like it went through one ear and came out another. That's when a possibility that the person programmed himself to say what he planned to say in front of a camera but when a modest reply comes, they will use any tactic to avoid the response like keep interrupting. Or when other 2 people have a nice conversation and they come in and just start heckling and preaching.
But this what happens when you want to come to them and ask an honest question:
from 7:27 mark, those people are a team of Jay Smith. The lady in glasses in purple and the guy in pink next to her, i think he also has a brother, are the biggest hecklers. The way they do it is just immoral. Their excuse is free speech and hyde park corner, but it's bad manners still.

I suggest watching the whole video.
The Amy lady is the one responsible of banning praying in the park and at the end she was schooling the police even.. Or they schooled her...
Cant give out spoilers but it's a funny video =))

That and also when you don't give someone else a voice and chance to answer. Or when someone gives an answer, and the other person plainly shows he didn't even listen, like it went through one ear and came out another. That's when a possibility that the person programmed himself to say what he planned to say in front of a camera but when a modest reply comes, they will use any tactic to avoid the response like keep interrupting. Or when other 2 people have a nice conversation and they come in and just start heckling and preaching.
But this what happens when you want to come to them and ask an honest question:
from 7:27 mark, those people are a team of Jay Smith. The lady in glasses in purple and the guy in pink next to her, i think he also has a brother, are the biggest hecklers. The way they do it is just immoral. Their excuse is free speech and hyde park corner, but it's bad manners still.

I suggest watching the whole video.
The Amy lady is the one responsible of banning praying in the park and at the end she was schooling the police even.. Or they schooled her...
Cant give out spoilers but it's a funny video =))
Much as personalities can come in the way of the content of what is being said, I tend to ignore rhetoric from either side of an argument and wait till things quiet down in order to address the substance of what is being claimed. Saves my typing finger too ;-)

EpistemiX

Established
I was just listening to this, and one of the speakers actively debates at Speakers Corner.

Oh that's Jay Smith the Christian preacher who does nothing but slate Islam lol proper troll that guy is. He left last year, and has gone back to the USA. I was actually there the last time he attended speakers corner!

"That's how I know he can be beaten. Because he's a fanatic. And the fanatic is always concealing a secret doubt." John le Carre
Brilliant quote!!!

Last edited:
Imho
The trick in any debate is to avoid the "Genetic Fallacy" and separate out the logic from the person, for example "Tom the doctor picks his teeth and has an irritable temper, therefore his opinions on medicine must be suspect"

The Petra claim...
I've read some of the material making that claim that Petra was the original city.

Sometimes people need to take a step back, get grounded in reality and look around.

God made a promise to bless Ismael. If Petra was the city of Ismael and Hagar and also the real zamzam water as the faux Christians are trying to imply....then how about showing respect to god's promise to Ismael?

God blessed Ismael, said He would make Ismael a great nation and raise 12 princes from him. God also produced a spring of water for Hagar and Ismael.

If it all happened in Petra and then this supposed demonic religion came and wrecked everything then it means God's promise is false and His act of producing a miraculous supply of water carried no long term significance.
It also means rather than make Ismael a great nation God made it into a demonic counterfeight nation.

Yet the brilliant thing is
Zamzam well is the most in demand source of water in the world. Muslims have been drinking from it for nearly 1500 years.

Ismaels own decendants brought Islam as it exists today. The rashidun, ummayad, Abbasid caliphs were ismaelites and from the same tribe...and these people ruled Jerusalem.

To me this is God's promise to Ismael.