Death of Chadwick Boseman : How Black Panther (2018) paved the way of racial radicalization among the youth

Wigi

Veteran
Death of Chadwick Boseman : How Black Panther (2018) paved the way of racial radicalization among the youth

I have heard Black Panther main actor passed away today so I thought it was important to show how current protests and riots that happens in America and western europe finds a lot of their premises in that movie:

The film quickly and purposefully transitions to a flashback to 1992 Oakland, California, to set the tone. We are introduced to the main villain’s father, N’Jobu, as he’s planning an armed assault on the California National Guard in response to the beating of Rodney King and the Los Angeles uprising that ensued. N’Jobu is the brother of King T’Chaka, who is the titular Black Panther’s father. Once King T’Chaka, the former Panther, discovers N’Jobu’s plan and the theft of their vibranium, the prince eloquently defends his radicalization — a defense that in 15 seconds encapsulates the injustice and despair America has imposed upon Black people here. He becomes radicalized by his experiences of racial discrimination, the drug war in Black neighborhoods, over-policing, systematic poverty and redlining, and arrives at the solution that Wakanda’s advanced technology should serve the purpose of liberating oppressed African people across the globe in what would amount to a global racial revolution (in some countries, an outright race riot).

From the same article:

In the film, Killmonger’s malevolence was a reflection of his experiences in American society and the military. America taught him only violence and how might makes right, a very real lesson that every Black American and other folks of color get on a daily basis. The very same oversimplified, absolutist and violent perspective comes from the need to survive.

T’Challa’s (Chadwick Boseman) acknowledgement of Killmonger’s pain was the acknowledgement of a pain that many of us feel every day, and this fictional leader was able to stand tall and do something about it. That was powerful. As I write this right now, with my right fist in the air, that image is still powerful and electrifying

I don't know much about the symbolism we will likely find with his death but I believe he won't go unnoticed.