Dave talked on Oprah about how Hollywood is making Black actors wear dresses. T-shirt he's wearing on his new special looks like a dress.

Aero

Superstar
I'm not trying to discredit the clone theory. However, it seems pretty obvious most rich dudes give up and start taking steroids. Maybe that sounds a little harsh. Idk, I'm not the moral authority on steroids.

I like "Half Baked" Dave Chappelle though. Not the jacked-up Dave Chappelle. Does anyone remember Dave's standup special "killing them softly"? It was fucking brilliant.

I'm just wondering what happened to the comedy of the late 90s early 2000s? My thoughts are simply that social media has changed people. Like social media could make any skinny dude want to get jacked for no real reason. It's pointless because an online hater is never going to be impressed. I would argue in the entire history of haters there's never been a genuine 180 from hater too lover.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
I'm not trying to discredit the clone theory. However, it seems pretty obvious most rich dudes give up and start taking steroids. Maybe that sounds a little harsh. Idk, I'm not the moral authority on steroids.
I don't know much either about clone theory but to me this current Dave Chappelle doesn't even look like the skinny dave. It's kinda like Eminem.

Last edited:

Aero

Superstar
I don't know much either about clone theory but to me this current Dave Chappelle doesn't even look like the skinny dave. It's kinda like Eminem.
View attachment 25419
Wait, Eminem has been cloned too?

I think maybe we are just looking at their weed faces. You know what I'm talking about. The puffy eyes, dry lips, oily skin. It's that weed man.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
I'm sure there have been threads on this cloning thing. Sounds more like Dave was MK'd or even an imposter. What ever the case, he has changed big time.

Aero

Superstar
Yeah, I can't tell if that's Eminem's weed face or not.

A lot of people have changed though. Seriously I've lost count of the trolls I never would have expected in a million years. But the thing is, I grew up with trolling. I learned pretty quickly that you can't blame yourself for being trolled. But you also can't pretend it's not a serious issue.

Everyone wants to run around and preach positivity, but the reality is most people out here hate each other. Social media literally boxes people up into groups that all think alike. And we really need people to stand up and push back. All our lives are slowly being turned into advertisement clickbait. It's like nothing matters anymore, just the next piece of ourselves being chewed off.

DavidSon

Star
That shirt is about 2 inches too long :D. If you want a T-shirt that long it's got to be baggier.

I can't stomach the "new" Chappelle, basically since he came out on NF 2 years ago. Tried to watch the first episode and after 5 minutes had to shut it down.

I was disappointed. As mentioned some of his earlier material was brilliant. In the mid-2000's with the Chappelle show he may have been the best in the world. Sure it was vulgar and inappropriate (to my tastes) at times but his comedy was thought-provoking. Did anyone see Block Party? That was a great story, and including the conscious rappers he was promoting gave the impression of him as awoken... most of all a good human being.

Now? I have no clue and won't be watching to find out. It could be alcohol that's ruined his brain, but his jokes aren't funny anymore.

polymoog

Superstar
i am out of touch with fashion.
are long shirts in?

i am keeping an open mind, but i dont think he is a clone. i think he just got a little older and his voice got a little scratchier from smoking. i think since we havent seen him in a long time, he seems different, and we have only seen him one night for 90 minutes.

Aero

Superstar
That shirt is about 2 inches too long :D. If you want a T-shirt that long it's got to be baggier.

I can't stomach the "new" Chappelle, basically since he came out on NF 2 years ago. Tried to watch the first episode and after 5 minutes had to shut it down.

I was disappointed. As mentioned some of his earlier material was brilliant. In the mid-2000's with the Chappelle show he may have been the best in the world. Sure it was vulgar and inappropriate (to my tastes) at times but his comedy was thought-provoking. Did anyone see Block Party? That was a great story, and including the conscious rappers he was promoting gave the impression of him as awoken... most of all a good human being.

Now? I have no clue and won't be watching to find out. It could be alcohol that's ruined his brain, but his jokes aren't funny anymore.
Interesting take on the matter. I don't think I saw Dave Chappelles "Block Party". Sounds pretty badass though.

As far as Netflix goes, a lot of the content is total shit. They have clearly been on a mad dash to create new content. Take their fantasy and sci-fi catalogs for example. It's filled with shows way below the industry standards. Plus don't even get me started on their original movies. I mean I can't LOL that crap enough.

I'm sure this will be viewed as a troll or shot against netflix and not me spitting the truth. But people don't line up in droves to see the latest science fiction or fantasy movie. The only reason "Star Wars" got popular was because they were amazing movies. It's just all starting to seem like a pattern of trolling their viewers. Like we all must be idiots so shove shit in our faces.

Netflix does have some good content though. I'm looking forward to "The Witcher". And if they go all Game of Thrones on it, I'm really going to lose it.

morita

Veteran
His collaboration wth netflix was garbage. i can't believe ppl were throwing millions at him. Again, most comedians aren't funny. Especially now since they're trying to condense too many social messages in their sketches. They sound like preachers as opposed to comedians.

Last edited:

morita

Veteran
Eminem doesn't look all that different to me. Just like he had smthg done to his face but I compared his interview and he still has the same voice and same mannerisms (talks with his hands a lot).

Axl888

Established

I like "Half Baked" Dave Chappelle though. Not the jacked-up Dave Chappelle. Does anyone remember Dave's standup special "killing them softly"? It was fucking brilliant.

I'm just wondering what happened to the comedy of the late 90s early 2000s? My thoughts are simply that social media has changed people. Like social media could make any skinny dude want to get jacked for no real reason. It's pointless because an online hater is never going to be impressed. I would argue in the entire history of haters there's never been a genuine 180 from hater too lover.
political correctness killed the comedy we loved long time ago

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
Wow, darkhaired Eminem looks like a doll. Noone has that perfect skin, lips or eyes. It seems off.

Interesting the video includes Bruce Springsteen. Hmmm? From a guy who was very anti-war and said "Having blind faith in your leaders or anything will get you killed" to corporate lackey for Preditor Drone enthusiast Barack"You'll never see it coming"Obama, not once BUT two terms. And lets not forget Broadway and sailing with Tom Hanks, Oprah and David Geffen.
proxy.duckduckgog.com.jpeg

Last edited: