Darryl Hall - Man, were there any great music artists not into the occult?

A.J.

Star
Was always a big fan of this guy, but dang! .....

“Both the lyrics and musical sounds of Sacred Songs reflected Hall's personal philosophy. The lyrical content alludes to some of Hall's interests in Aleister Crowley's system of esoteric magic (or "magick" as it is sometimes spelled).[2] Rock music author Timothy White interviewed Hall for the book Rock Lives. In that interview Hall indicated that in 1974 he began a serious study of esoteric spirituality, reading books on topics like the cabala, the ancient Celts, and the traditions of the Druids.[citation needed] He also became interested in the life and beliefs of Aleister Crowley.[citation needed] Crowley coined the concept of Thelema, magick concerned with harnessing the power of the imagination and willpower to effect changes in consciousness and in the material universe. For example, the album track "Without Tears" is based on Crowley's book Magick without Tears (published in 1973).

Fripp shared similar interests in mysticism; while at Sherbourne House in the mid-seventies, he studied the recorded lectures of the late John G. Bennett, a disciple of G. I. Gurdjieff.[2]

Maes17

Superstar
Led Zep
Michael Jackson
Ozzy - black sabbath - Dio?

Crowley had an influence huh? I don’t agree with his occult satanic stuff.
But the musical artist is music I appreciate

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
Was always a big fan of this guy, but dang! .....

“Both the lyrics and musical sounds of Sacred Songs reflected Hall's personal philosophy. The lyrical content alludes to some of Hall's interests in Aleister Crowley's system of esoteric magic (or "magick" as it is sometimes spelled).[2] Rock music author Timothy White interviewed Hall for the book Rock Lives. In that interview Hall indicated that in 1974 he began a serious study of esoteric spirituality, reading books on topics like the cabala, the ancient Celts, and the traditions of the Druids.[citation needed] He also became interested in the life and beliefs of Aleister Crowley.[citation needed] Crowley coined the concept of Thelema, magick concerned with harnessing the power of the imagination and willpower to effect changes in consciousness and in the material universe. For example, the album track "Without Tears" is based on Crowley's book Magick without Tears (published in 1973).

Fripp shared similar interests in mysticism; while at Sherbourne House in the mid-seventies, he studied the recorded lectures of the late John G. Bennett, a disciple of G. I. Gurdjieff.[2]
What a strange coincidence! I was researching this very topic yesterday, as I was doing a Daryl's House marathon. I recall the original Sara Smile video had a lot of occult symbolism in it. It went to look for it and it's gone. Even on the official Hall and Oates YT page. Replaced with a audio video. Weird thing is that the video on their official page is under a different user name.

Screenshot_2020-11-23 Hall and Oates -- Sara Smile.png

Jesus or Baphomet? I believe it's the latter.
fdgrd.jpgScreenshot_2020-11-23 baphomet at DuckDuckGo.png

Daryl Hall looking very much like David Bowie, who was also a Kabbalist.
Screenshot_2020-11-23 Daryl Hall 1974 at DuckDuckGo.pngdsvd.jpeg

Interesting that Daryl Hall and Hall and Oates were managed by Tommy Mottola during the 70's.
Michael Jackson exposed Mottola as "devilish" in the video below.

Screenshot_2020-11-23 Nick Cannon About Kanye West “MKULTRA is Real ”.png

Last edited:

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
I Can't Go for That (No Can Do)
I can go for just repeating
The same old lines
Use the body

Now you want my soul

Ooh, forget about it
Now say no go
I, I'll do anything
That you want me to do
I'll do almost anything
That you want me to
But I can't go for that,
no (no) no can do I can't go for that,
no (no) no can do

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
Rare Hall and Oates video of 'She's Gone" with very stoned Daryl Hall looking like David Bowie and John Oates with black pupils barely lip syncing the video for a local show that was never broadcast. John Oates leaked this video to the internet a few years back.
The devil in the video is apparently played by their manager Tommy Mottola.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
This has got to be the nastiest article I've ever read about any band. It's not even an album review.
I can't go for that: The case against Hall & Oates

Cheesy songs. Awful lyrics. Philly Soul by accident of geography. Time to get honest about Hall & Oates' awfulness

A.J.

Star
This has got to be the nastiest article I've ever read about any band. It's not even an album review.

Cheesy songs. Awful lyrics. Philly Soul by accident of geography. Time to get honest about Hall & Oates' awfulness
I saw that!!! What the heck! I hate that rag.

A.J.

Star

Mine was better.... https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/05/white_rb_star_on_cultural_appropriation_shut_the_f_up.html

"We live in America. That's our entire culture. Our culture is a blend. It isn't split up into groups. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool – worse than a fool – a dangerous fool."

Frank Badfinger

Superstar

Maes17

Superstar
Like Van Halen, Led Zep's artwork suffered the same fate.

Are they trying to tell us something?
View attachment 46912

Lots of Butterfly symbolism........................

View attachment 46913

X X X
View attachment 46914View attachment 46915

Houses of the Holy (Vinyl)

View attachment 46917View attachment 46918
View attachment 46916

Micheal Jackson - "Don't get me started! " We have lots of interesting research waiting in folders to be published...................
Led Zeppelin was big into Crowley.
I think they even purchased a cottage owned by Crowley. I just woke up so I’m lazy to look it up right now. The music industry is chalk full of this stuff.

I Can't Go for That (No Can Do)
I can go for just repeating
The same old lines
Use the body

Now you want my soul

Ooh, forget about it
Now say no go
I, I'll do anything
That you want me to do
I'll do almost anything
That you want me to
But I can't go for that,
no (no) no can do
Below is John Oates describing the meaning behind the lyrics. Apparently, PoR has a one-hour interview with John Oates so he might disclose more:

I was aware of Daryl Hall following Aleister stuff back in the ‘70s, and it would be interesting to see if practice in the teachings is congruent with certain managers. What I do remember is seeing Hall & Oates back in the early ‘90s at the CNE in the pouring rain. It wasn’t the Grandstand, but I do remember there was no overhead shelter so my friend and I sat there…with an umbrella..still getting soaking wet...seats½ full…attempting to enjoy their concert. I remember later that week a DJ said Daryl had NO idea who in his management team picked that venue because it clearly wasn’t conducive to inclement weather - hmph!

In retrospect, I wonder if this was a way to inadvertently sabotage them because they were still pretty popular in the late ‘80s and early ‘90s.

A.J.

Star
Below is John Oates describing the meaning behind the lyrics. Apparently, PoR has a one-hour interview with John Oates so he might disclose more:

I was aware of Daryl Hall following Aleister stuff back in the ‘70s, and it would be interesting to see if practice in the teachings is congruent with certain managers. What I do remember is seeing Hall & Oates back in the early ‘90s at the CNE in the pouring rain. It wasn’t the Grandstand, but I do remember there was no overhead shelter so my friend and I sat there…with an umbrella..still getting soaking wet...seats½ full…attempting to enjoy their concert. I remember later that week a DJ said Daryl had NO idea who in his management team picked that venue because it clearly wasn’t conducive to inclement weather - hmph!

In retrospect, I wonder if this was a way to inadvertently sabotage them because they were still pretty popular in the late ‘80s and early ‘90s.
Hall said his career suffered in the early 90’s cause he stood his ground as far as artistic decisions.

A.J.

Star
DH: Yeah. We were released. And I spent a few years in the wilderness. The early 90s, I wasn't really working with John on record, and I was doing solo stuff-- I was basically working out of England. And I had success on Soul Alone, in Europe and Asia, but it really didn't do much of anything in America. And between '90 and '95 or '96, we were pretty quiet. But we were regrouping, and also, we had to deal with the time. The major labels were still very much in power, and if you crossed them, you were anathema. I was dismissed, "Okay, he's gone," and of course the journalists at the time were going like this, "Ah ha ha ha, he's gone!" But too bad, we didn't go away.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
The artist signing the deal with the devil.

Use the body

Now you want my soul

Ooh, forget about it
Now say no go
I, I'll do anything
That you want me to do
I'll do almost anything
That you want me to
But I can't go for that,
no (no) no can do
Screenshot_2020-11-25  Phantom Of The Paradise Clip (1974)(2).png

Now we're in business, together. Forever.

Screenshot_2020-11-25  Phantom Of The Paradise Clip (1974)(3).png

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
a Kabbalist.
The Zohar is one of the biggest piles of bs I've ever looked into. And as for Kabbala, it's another pile of bs ENTIRELY MADE UP by the most overwrought, overthinking, neurotic bunch on the planet. Seriously. They made the whole thing up. If you want to define Kabbala, here's the only analogy you will ever need: it's like they handed H.P. Lovecraft the Bible and told him to "punch it up a bit. Needs more demons and parties to demonize." None of the tenets of Kabbala are in the Bible at all. It's an adjunct. They created it from their own neurosis and follow it for the same reason. Being an adherent is more akin to witchcraft rather than religion. Hence the term, "kabbala witches." Look into it yourselves and you will see <> that's true.

Last edited:

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
The Zohar is one of the biggest piles of bullshit I've ever looked into. And as for Kabbala, it's another pile of bullshit ENTIRELY MADE UP by the most overwrought, overthinking, neurotic bunch on the planet. Seriously. They made the whole thing up. If you want to define Kabbala, here's the only analogy you will ever need: it's like they handed H.P. Lovecraft the Bible and told him to "punch it up a bit. Needs more demons." None of the tenets of Kabbala are in the Bible at all. It's an adjunct. They created it from their own neurosis and follow it for the same reason....
and it's the basis of Freemasonry which permeates every inch of the wicked music industry.

Diogenes

Established
Led Zeppelin was big into Crowley.
I think they even purchased a cottage owned by Crowley. I just woke up so I’m lazy to look it up right now. The music industry is chalk full of this stuff.
That's the former Boleskin House on the shores of Loch Ness lake up in Scotland, that you're referring to. It didn't belong to Led Zeppelin collectively. Jimmy Page bought it for himself and yes,it belonged to Crowley before. Page was deeply involved with the Crowleyian "system", the others three (actually two, John Paul Jones always distanced himself from this utter BS), they just followed him and his fascination. But they paid hard for this and you just can't convince me, no-one can, that Page was responsible for the death of the son of Robert Plant, for the car accident that almost cost his life and also forJohn Bonham's death,in the house of Page. He is one of the most evil musical ever, anything he did, he did it on purpose, knowing exactly what the end result would be. I just don't like Page and his music at all. And Houses of the Holy has one of the most disgusting album covers ever.
For your information, Boleskin House doesn't exist anymore - it was completely burnt down to the ground,due to Reason inexplicable. Well...

Diogenes

Established
I'm writing on a smartphone and I apologize for the mistakes in my writing. You know how it is with those damn things,lol.