Daniel's prophecy of seventy weeks

Lisa

Superstar
Whatever God likes, I like.
What does God like that you like?

Most likely the final generation considering the times we're in. But yeah, my only purpose in life is to serve God, do his will, endure to the end, and that's it. Forget about the world and what it has to offer, I'm tryna live for God and God only.
Its like you’re just into buzz words..how do you serve God or even live for God? How does that translate into your real life?

What does God like that you like?

Its like you’re just into buzz words..how do you serve God or even live for God? How does that translate into your real life?
I'm trying to figure out why you're asking me obvious questions

Lisa

Superstar
I'm trying to figure out why you're asking me obvious questions
How is it obvious? Can you even name one thing that God likes that you like? Or is that something to make yourself look religious?

How do you serve God besides saying you do? Its not all that obvious, and you continue to not be specific, I wonder why not?

How is it obvious? Can you even name one thing that God likes that you like? Or is that something to make yourself look religious?

How do you serve God besides saying you do? Its not all that obvious, and you continue to not be specific, I wonder why not?
I said it's obvious because I thought you were a Christian

Ok, so you have no examples then just a lot of talk.
Thank you for assuming, I love when people assume! :D

I just said why I thought it was obvious and I was going to answer your question but nevermind since you're one to assume. I don't need to prove anything further to you if you're that kind of person. You can go ahead and think what I said was meaningless if you want, but I know what I'm talking about.

Who’s assuming, you didn’t give any examples..lol!

Sure you were...

If you say so.
Your responses just prove my point. You assumed I wasn't going to answer you just because I answered your first question about why what I said was obvious. Then you say just now, "Assuming, you didn't give any examples, lol" Also lol? Really? How petty. Then you say "sure you were", there you go. You just proved it. You're assuming, I honestly was going to answer them but now I don't find it so comfortable giving you proof when you like to be petty and assume things. "If you say so", okay don't believe me. That's fine. I don't see why we need to continue this then. You're pretty immature so I don't wanna waste my time talking to you any further.

Lisa

Superstar
Your responses just prove my point. You assumed I wasn't going to answer you just because I answered your first question about why what I said was obvious. Then you say just now, "Assuming, you didn't give any examples, lol" Also lol? Really? How petty. Then you say "sure you were", there you go. You just proved it. You're assuming, I honestly was going to answer them but now I don't find it so comfortable giving you proof when you like to be petty and assume things. "If you say so", okay don't believe me. That's fine. I don't see why we need to continue this then. You're pretty immature so I don't wanna waste my time talking to you any further.
Lol, you’re the one making a drama out of this when I just asked a few simple questions that would have been easy to answer. Now you’ve got me wondering why you’re so defensive and evasive...

Lol, you’re the one making a drama out of this when I just asked a few simple questions that would have been easy to answer. Now you’ve got me wondering why you’re so defensive and evasive...
Actually, let us turn your response around and point it at you because I'm not being dramatic. You started this by becoming prideful, going to get my posts from other threads to prove your point, assuming, being petty, and now you're continuing this by calling me defensive and evasive. You know, talking to you isn't worth it. Goodbye.

Lisa

Superstar
Actually, let us turn your response around and point it at you because I'm not being dramatic. You started this by becoming prideful, going to get my posts from other threads to prove your point, assuming, being petty, and now you're continuing this by calling me defensive and evasive. You know, talking to you isn't worth it. Goodbye.
Wow! That was quick...and you say I’m the dramatic one. You’ve been quick to call me names since I started talking to you. I can’t decide whether you are just being a teenager or if you are a sock at this point...

Wow! That was quick...and you say I’m the dramatic one. You’ve been quick to call me names since I started talking to you. I can’t decide whether you are just being a teenager or if you are a sock at this point...
Now you're just lying. I never called you anything rude. Me calling you petty and immature is true. You need to fix your attitude, and oh, how do you know I'm a teenager? I thought you didn't go on my profile, or read any of my posts just to prove your false point? Well, you sure are immature for an adult. That's not me being rude, that's me pointing out the obvious. Take it or leave it, I don't care, but you need to fix yourself because I find it embarrassing to talk to an adult who acts like a kid.

Lisa

Superstar
Now you're just lying. I never called you anything rude. Me calling you petty and immature is true. You need to fix your attitude, and oh, how do you know I'm a teenager? I thought you didn't go on my profile, or read any of my posts just to prove your false point? Well, you sure are immature for an adult. That's not me being rude, that's me pointing out the obvious. Take it or leave it, I don't care, but you need to fix yourself because I find it embarrassing to talk to an adult who acts like a kid.
The first thing you ever said to me, and all I asked was a simple question..
0C8D162E-901E-4E01-8A52-2741EF36FE35.jpeg

What’s my attitude, you’ve been antagonist towards me since the beginning.

You made a profile post saying you were a teenager :rolleyes: anyone can see those.

The first thing you ever said to me, and all I asked was a simple question..
View attachment 26456

What’s my attitude, you’ve been antagonist towards me since the beginning.

You made a profile post saying you were a teenager :rolleyes: anyone can see those.
Yep, and that proves you also went to my profile just to see what I said to prove your point.

As for my 2nd reply, that's right. Don't ask me a question/same question when I ask you first. That's considered rude, I don't understand how you don't know that.

Now, I don't know how many times I've been saying this, but I'm done talking with you. You and me having a nice discussion isn't going to work out so this is my last reply to you. Don't reply back with a sassy attitude please. Let's just say our goodbyes because this ends here. End communication. Goodbye.

Lisa

Superstar
Yep, and that proves you also went to my profile just to see what I said to prove your point.
What are you talking about?

As for my 2nd reply, that's right. Don't ask me a question/same question when I ask you first. That's considered rude, I don't understand how you don't know that.
That was your first reply to me, you replied to Tokiel not me before that, I just asked you a question from that.

TokiEl

Superstar
I know about the prophecy man. What i'm saying is, Jesus was 'cut off' if you will at the 69th week right?
Right counting from Nisan in the 20th year of king Artaxerxes... 7 weeks and 62 weeks would complete until the Messiah. And after the 62 weeks Messiah shall be cut off.

But it also says
27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’[h] In the middle of the ‘seven’[i] he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple[j] he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.[k]”[l]
There is no mention of the temple in verse 27 as the word is wing... that is wing of abominations.

So 35 yrs (half a week) after Jesus, 68AD, this part was fulfilled with the destruction of the temple and city. So..you have 3.5days/half a week left in this prophecy.
One week is 7 years or exactly 360 weeks.

The destruction of the Temple and the city are not part of the timeline... it's just prophesied that they would be destroyed after the Messiah was cut off.

Right counting from Nisan in the 20th year of king Artaxerxes... 7 weeks and 62 weeks would complete until the Messiah. And after the 62 weeks Messiah shall be cut off.

There is no mention of the temple in verse 27 as the word is wing... that is wing of abominations.

The destruction of the Temple and the city are not part of the timeline... it's just prophesied that they would be destroyed after the Messiah was cut off.
1)
Going away from that to look at another example
Daniel 8
9 And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the glorious land. 10 And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and some of the host and of the stars it cast down to the ground, and trampled upon them. 11 Yea, it magnified itself, even to the prince of the host; and it took away from him the continual burnt-offering, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.

How long shall be the vision concerning the continual burnt-offering, and the transgression that maketh desolate, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot? 14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred evenings and mornings; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

This was fulfilled when Antiochus Epiphanes took control of the Temple and he set up an idol in the temple.

Forces from him shall appear and profane the temple and fortress, and shall take away the continual burnt offering. And they shall set up the abomination that makes desolate.
— Daniel 11:31

And from the time that the continual burnt offering is taken away, and the abomination that makes desolate is set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
— 
Daniel 12:11

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abomination_of_desolation

Daniel 9 mentions another abomination of desolation and the sacrifice/offering ceasing...
And he shall make a strong covenant with many for one week; and for half of the week he shall cause sacrifice and offering to cease; and upon the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured out on the desolator.
— 
Daniel 9:27

just like Daniel 8, 11 and 12 which were relevant to Antiochus Epiphanes, this one is relevant to Titus, the little horn of Daniel 7.

2) Jesus was cut off at the 69th week. Yet it also says
27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’
In the middle of the ‘seven’he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him

With the Daniel 8 and 11-12 prophecies, relevant to Antiochus Epiphanes, the sacrifice/offerings were ended until the Maccabean revolt (which it also foretold).
With the Daniel 9 prophecy, it foretold an end to sacrifice and offering without a restoration. Therefore it is entirely relevant to the temple being destroyed.

3)
You said
That is not an absolute rule, when we take 1 week for 7 literal years, thisis an interpretation. We build on it with the benefit of hindsight.

context
Daniel 9:2
I, Daniel, understood from the Scriptures, according to the word of the Lord given to Jeremiah the prophet, that the desolation of Jerusalem would last seventy years.

Daniel, in exile, perceived the importance of number 70 related to the 70 year exile in Babylon

Jeremiah 29:10 This is what the Lord says: “When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place.

It was due to this number being on his mind, that he was then given the 70 week prophecy.
So Danel went from a literal 70 year prophecy...to a new 70 week prophecy.
However, we assume due to the benefit of hindsight, that a day was a year in this prophecy...
This rings true for 69 weeks..then Jesus was cut off..and that is a game changer

Matthew 24
36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father.

Remember, 70 weeks are completion, then Jesus returns. We arent meant to know exactly when he will return. Hence the same reason why you are currently expecting the final week to occur at a later point. How are we to know that the final week is 7 literal days, 7 weeks or 7 years? we just don't know, which is what Jesus reminded us of.

26 The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed. 27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple[j] he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.

verse 27 is another explanation of verse 26. Gabriel was explaining the prophecy to Daniel here. So if the sanctuary is already destroyed, naturally the sacrifice and offering would also cease to exist. So verse 27 isnt after, but an explanation of 26 ie of the temple being destroyed.

in a post Jesus world, those 3.5 days from Jesus to the abomination of desolation (titus destroying the city and temple) became 35 yrs for some reason... so clearly something shifted.
Instead of 1 day being a literal year. It's become 10 years in this particular context.
Where else is the number 10 relevant? any clues?

the 10 virgins
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+25&version=NIV

the 10 horns/toes of the beast.
Rev 2
“To the angel of the church in Smyrna write:
These are the words of him who is the First and the Last, who died and came to life again. 9 I know your afflictions and your poverty—yet you are rich! I know about the slander of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan. 10 Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days.

still, those clues aren't really enough of an explanation, they still rely on subjective guessing, so i totally get that. However there's no denying in my mind that 9:26-27 refer to the roman destruction of the jewish temple..and that would be midway of the final week.
It's just that it happens to be 35 yrs instead of 3.5. That leaves a further 3.5 days.

4) In a post temple era, what part of prophecy became relevant to the temple mount? it's when muslims took Jerusalem and built the mosque on the temple mount.

Revelation 11
2 But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months.

During his stay in Jerusalem, Umar was led by Sophronius to various holy sites, including the Temple Mount. Seeing the poor state of where the Temple once stood, Umar ordered the area cleared of refuse and debris before having a wooden mosque built on the site.The earliest account of such a structure is given by the Gallic bishop Arculf, who visited Jerusalem between 679 and 682, and describes a very primitive house of prayer able to accommodate up to 3,000 worshippers, constructed of wooden beams and boards over preexisting ruins.

muslims conquered Jerusalem in 636AD
until the first crusade in 1099
Muslims regained Jerusalem in 1187
Until muslims lost Jerusalem in 1948
463+761=1224 years. However these are solar years, the prophecy is in lunar years.
1 years = 1.0306812089059 years
1260 years

Now obviously, i find that fascinating.
However in Rev 11 we go further. We find that the 2 witnesses (who imho symbolise islam and christianity) are killed and refused burial for 3.5 DAYS!!! until the era of Jesus.

Now we dont know if it's 3.5 literal days, or 3.5 yrs, or 35 yrs..we just don't know that, since Jesus said 'no one knows except the Father'
BUT we do know that it is 3.5 days, not 7.
We know that throughout Revelation, the prophecies are 42 months/1260 days.
We know that 42 months=3.5 years.

Are you still not convinced it is only this half a week left in a post-temple/offering/sacrifice context?
I mean if all this wasnt enough, in Revelation 11, the 2 witnesses are Resurrected and then Jesus descends...

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+11&version=NIV

11 But after the three and a half days the breath[b] of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and terror struck those who saw them. 12 Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here.” And they went up to heaven in a cloud, while their enemies looked on.

13 At that very hour there was a severe earthquake and a tenth of the city collapsed. Seven thousand people were killed in the earthquake, and the survivors were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven.

14 The second woe has passed; the third woe is coming soon.

The Seventh Trumpet
15 The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said:

“The kingdom of the world has become
the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah,
and he will reign for ever and ever.”

when Jesus comes, the 70 weeks are done.
Rev 11 ends with
19 Then God’s temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. And there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a severe hailstorm.

Revelation has a few other prophecies, each is 1260days.42 months but we aren't really going to know when they're fulfilled or if their time overlaps or their specific length of real time....since 'only God knows'. my example of the al aqsa as 1260 yrs is once again based on the benefit of hindsight.

still, it's been a pleasure sharing this.

TokiEl

Superstar
3)
You said
That is not an absolute rule, when we take 1 week for 7 literal years, thisis an interpretation.
The word week Strong's H7620 - shabuwa is a specific sevenfold timeunit.

In this particular prophecy it is a 7 year timeunit or exactly 360 weeks... consistently throughout this whole prophecy.

However there's no denying in my mind that 9:26-27 refer to the roman destruction of the jewish temple..and that would be midway of the final week.
It's just that it happens to be 35 yrs instead of 3.5. That leaves a further 3.5 days.
No the destruction of the temple is not part of the timeline... it's just prophesied to be destroyed after the Messiah would be cut off. And there is no mention of any temple in verse 27 as the word translated as temple in some bible versions is the word wing Strong's H3671 - kanaph.