Dangers Of Marijuanas

polymoog

Superstar
I can’t agree that one has the right to do whatever they want with their own body if it harms the person doing it. I understand the issue of not hurting someone else, but I don’t want to see someone hurt by their own poor choices. Someone doing drugs and not harming anyone else are still harming themselves and I can’t agree to it.
do you want to see laws regulate what can and cannot be done/ingested/inhaled/imbibed into ones own body?
yes ____ no ____

if yes, what items should be proscribed? LSD? psilocybin? tobacco? sugary drinks? e-cigs?

Lisa

Superstar
do you want to see laws regulate what can and cannot be done/ingested/inhaled/imbibed into ones own body?
yes ____ no ____

if yes, what items should be proscribed? LSD? psilocybin? tobacco? sugary drinks? e-cigs?
I think laws are a good line in the sand but I don’t think they deter many people who are gonna do what they want anyway which is why lawmakers give up and agree to legalize drugs they previously said where bad for you.

And I agree, lawmakers do go overboard from time to time..but laws are meant to discourage and not encourage. How far do you think people should go to discourage someone into doing something that harms themselves?

shankara

Star
What is true reality to you and how do you even know that the reality you are seeking is true? What about this life do you think makes it unreal?

I can’t say that I can agree to disagree as I feel that you are wrong to do drugs no matter what your reasoning for it or to pray contemplatively. I think I would be wrong to agree with you just to have common ground.
By "agree to disagree" I mean this: I do not have the right to dictate to you how to think or feel. Nor do you have the right to dictate to me how to think and feel. Going further, following the point that most people here have been trying to make to you, I do not have the right to dictate to you what you put into your own body. Conversely, nor do you have the right to dictate to me what to put into my own body. You don't really seem to grasp the latter, unfortunately, but it is your own misfortune...

By "agree to disagree" I'm saying that we don't have to be friends or neighbors. The world is big enough for us not to be part of the same community, and if we aren't living in the same community it isn't really necessary for us to agree about things, it's simply a question of letting other people have their own culture. Can you accept that? Or perhaps we should live under some kind of global empire where we're all subject to the same rules? I can't really imagine anything worse than that...

As to this question about normative reality being an illusion, well you might have noticed that Vigilant Citizen is a site about how we are being programmed i.e. deceived, made to live in an illusion. If you don't believe that, then what are you doing here?
You even say "you aren’t conditioned by society you are actually under God’s law"... Even if the latter is the case, it's not mutually exclusive with the former. Furthermore, you're pronouncing yourself against the very techniques of deprogramming necessary to set ourselves free from that programming!

Honestly it strikes me as very odd how much of the discourse on here is about religious doctrines and disagreements. To me it seems like we are a little distracted from this site's proper purpose...

Lisa

Superstar
By "agree to disagree" I mean this: I do not have the right to dictate to you how to think or feel. Nor do you have the right to dictate to me how to think and feel. Going further, following the point that most people here have been trying to make to you, I do not have the right to dictate to you what you put into your own body. Conversely, nor do you have the right to dictate to me what to put into my own body. You don't really seem to grasp the latter, unfortunately, but it is your own misfortune...

By "agree to disagree" I'm saying that we don't have to be friends or neighbors. The world is big enough for us not to be part of the same community, and if we aren't living in the same community it isn't really necessary for us to agree about things, it's simply a question of letting other people have their own culture. Can you accept that? Or perhaps we should live under some kind of global empire where we're all subject to the same rules? I can't really imagine anything worse than that...

As to this question about normative reality being an illusion, well you might have noticed that Vigilant Citizen is a site about how we are being programmed i.e. deceived, made to live in an illusion. If you don't believe that, then what are you doing here? You even say "you aren’t conditioned by society you are actually under God’s law"... Even if the latter is the case, it's not mutually exclusive with the former. Furthermore, you're pronouncing yourself against the very techniques of deprogramming necessary to set ourselves free from that programming!

Honestly it strikes me as very odd how much of the discourse on here is about religious doctrines and disagreements. To me it seems like we are a little distracted from this site's proper purpose...
Do you think it’s ok to tell you that I think you’re on the wrong path though? Do you think my response should have been to not say anything at all? And why if yes.

It’s a forum, you could say how you feel knowing that is all you can do right? The person you are talking to doesn’t have to do what you say, but it is ok to say it, don’t ya think?

So, if we lived in the same community we would have to agree with each other? I can accept people have their own cultures, but if in their culture it hurts that culture through their actions, then no I can’t agree with that.

The site owner says he is a Christian...so..
Anyway, the answer’s to life’s problems is a religious answer in that Christianity knows the problem and the solution..so how could it not be added to any discussion?

Thanks also for continuing this discussion when I know you said you were done.

shankara

Star
Do you think it’s ok to tell you that I think you’re on the wrong path though? Do you think my response should have been to not say anything at all? And why if yes.

It’s a forum, you could say how you feel knowing that is all you can do right? The person you are talking to doesn’t have to do what you say, but it is ok to say it, don’t ya think?

So, if we lived in the same community we would have to agree with each other? I can accept people have their own cultures, but if in their culture it hurts that culture through their actions, then no I can’t agree with that.

The site owner says he is a Christian...so..
Anyway, the answer’s to life’s problems is a religious answer in that Christianity knows the problem and the solution..so how could it not be added to any discussion?

Thanks also for continuing this discussion when I know you said you were done.
Look, I think I've said everything I need to say. My position is pretty clear and should be comprehensible to anyone reading this, as is yours it seems to me. If we go on I think we'll start repeating ourselves, and too many words will perhaps detract from the clarity of what is being spoken.

You are welcome to your faith, I simply feel that a preoccupation with religion sometimes distracts from the substance of an issue, hence I'm not using this thread to proselytize.

Peace.

DTA

Rookie
the fact that the marijuana most people consume and pay taxes on now has no seeds ,
and is not grown natural no longer falls under a creation from god. its the opposite now.

Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yieldingseed: to you it shall be for food.

shankara

Star
the fact that the marijuana most people consume and pay taxes on now has no seeds ,
and is not grown natural no longer falls under a creation from god. its the opposite now.

Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yieldingseed: to you it shall be for food.
This is faulty logic. So far as I am aware, the Ganja people smoke is quite capable of "bearing seed". The reason it doesn't "bear seed" is simply that it hasn't been pollinated. If your interpretation of that passage was correct we would be banned from eating any plants which haven't been pollinated.

"every herb [capable of] bearing seed" seems the proper translation.

You may have a point in that some of the laboratory-made hybrids are the products of pretty unnatural selective breeding. Hydrophonics also isn't the best, I hear it's best to smoke bushweed.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong about the pollination thing.

MitzyR

Rookie
I know of many people who smoke 1-2 joints a day for a week, stop, and can't fall asleep for long time, they twist and turn on a bed all night till it's sunshine and when the body and mind is completely tired, only then they fall asleep.. For some it's like that for 3 days, for some 4-5 days that i know of..
Anybody know why?
I tried mmj for pain relief and it didn't help the pain at all and it gave me bad insomnia that I didn't sleep for two days. If it works for other's pain then I'm happy for them but it isn't for everyone.

DTA

Rookie
This is faulty logic. So far as I am aware, the Ganja people smoke is quite capable of "bearing seed". The reason it doesn't "bear seed" is simply that it hasn't been pollinated. If your interpretation of that passage was correct we would be banned from eating any plants which haven't been pollinated.

"every herb [capable of] bearing seed" seems the proper translation.

You may have a point in that some of the laboratory-made hybrids are the products of pretty unnatural selective breeding. Hydrophonics also isn't the best, I hear it's best to smoke bushweed.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong about the pollination thing.

anything can be justified esp to drug addicts. i have been smoking marijunana for over 20 years now and i can tell you,
its not the same . its pretty much like cloning a human instead of letting them be born naturally. thats whats happened to the plant now. they also recieve 0 moonlight which is part of the basic needs for natural plants

shankara

Star
anything can be justified esp to drug addicts. i have been smoking marijunana for over 20 years now and i can tell you,
its not the same . its pretty much like cloning a human instead of letting them be born naturally. thats whats happened to the plant now. they also recieve 0 moonlight which is part of the basic needs for natural plants
I don't smoke Ganja, actually, but I think it can be really helpful for some people. Please explain what you mean about cloning. Do you mean that it's grown from cuttings? So far as I know most marijuana comes from the seeds of pollinated females, though these seeds may be feminized, which isn't that natural, true.

What you're saying about not being exposed to moonlight is true when it comes to hydroponically grown weed. Still I don't think you can say it isn't a "herb bearing seed" because in that case you would have to stop eating anything which hasn't been pollinated! If they used some chemical to make it incapable of being pollinated that would be a different thing.

DTA

Rookie
yes correct its clipped and cloned, this is how they keep strains seperate and mix them with eath other to create hybrids
and no i dont really mean everyone must follow that scripture ,
i just mean most people are still under the assumption that all marijuana is all natural and given to us from God,
(all those old hippys from last century)
when i reality all the legal weed is not grown naturally and bears no seeds to replenish the earth with .

shankara

Star
yes correct its clipped and cloned, this is how they keep strains seperate and mix them with eath other to create hybrids
and no i dont really mean everyone must follow that scripture ,
i just mean most people are still under the assumption that all marijuana is all natural and given to us from God,
(all those old hippys from last century)
when i reality all the legal weed is not grown naturally and bears no seeds to replenish the earth with .
Yeah sure, hydroponic skunk is kind of semi-natural and probably best avoided. All the inbreeding of plants to get higher THC yields is dodgy too. It's still possible to get hold of bushweed though.

Nonetheless even skunk is much more natural than some chemical fabricated in a laboratory from other chemicals.

Reactions: DTA

Lisa

Superstar
You can’t address the youth mental health crisis without considering the effect of rising teen marijuana use.

Among American teenagers, the drug’s “daily use has become as, or more, popular than daily cigarette smoking” according to the National Institute of Health’s 2017 Monitoring the Future study.

We’ve successfully demonized cigarettes while new laws send kids the message that marijuana is harmless.

Yet we’ve known for more than a decade of the link between marijuana and psychosis, depression and schizophrenia.
https://nypost.com/2019/08/07/the-link-between-pot-and-mass-shootings-may-be-closer-than-we-think/
Interesting article..

polymoog

Superstar
Among American teenagers, the drug’s “daily use has become as, or more, popular than daily cigarette smoking” according to the National Institute of Health’s 2017 Monitoring the Future study.
i refuse to label marijuana a drug. if you call that a drug, i want sugar labeled as a drug. its far more addictive and unhealthy.

We’ve successfully demonized cigarettes while new laws send kids the message that marijuana is harmless.
compared to cigarettes it is. the chemicals added to cigarettes are far more dangerous and addictive.
id also argue that decriminalizing and legalizing marijuana takes the forbidden popularity out of it, similar to getting into a bar before the age of 21-- after 21 (legal age for alcohol in the states), it loses much of its appeal.

Lisa

Superstar
i refuse to label marijuana a drug. if you call that a drug, i want sugar labeled as a drug. its far more addictive and unhealthy.
I would say it’s a drug..most people agreed with that years ago..but then it’s been seen in a new light recently.

compared to cigarettes it is. the chemicals added to cigarettes are far more dangerous and addictive.
id also argue that decriminalizing and legalizing marijuana takes the forbidden popularity out of it, similar to getting into a bar before the age of 21-- after 21 (legal age for alcohol in the states), it loses much of its appeal.
I think the appeal now is that it’s better than cigarettes or alcohol and it’s seen as much healthier for you when it really isn’t.

Lisa

Superstar
There is no scientific evidence that medical cannabis is effective at treating people with mental health conditions, research shows.

Australian scientists reviewed 83 studies involving 3,000 people to come to their conclusion.

They found no proof cannabinoids relieved the symptoms of six disorders - depression, anxiety, ADHD, Tourette syndrome, PTSD or psychosis.

Therefore the use of medicinal cannabis for mental health problems cannot be justified based on the current evidence, they concluded.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7621873/Medicinal-cannabis-does-NOT-help-treat-depression-anxiety.html