Dangers Of Marijuanas

Lisa

Superstar
Interesting talk...the guest talks about marijuana causing physical and mental problems...interesting!

EpistemiX

Established
No, unless Monsatan has secretly released some strains.
So - where are the landrace strains? (clue: youtube strainhunters [GHSCo] to find out why there are none left)

Some strains would be healthier being bred to be high in CBD, others would just be equal.
A higher CBD content doesn't necessarily mean "healthier" not sure how you got this idea. Having bud that's been flushed properly, and cured is what equates to a "healthier product".

But you know what's healthiest? Being T-Total!!!

Lurker

Star
So - where are the landrace strains? (clue: youtube strainhunters [GHSCo] to find out why there are none left)
I will need more than that to convince me that it's been GE'd. Though I will not rule it out either.
A higher CBD content doesn't necessarily mean "healthier" not sure how you got this idea
I was referring to health benefit mainly.

EpistemiX

Established
I will need more than that to convince me that it's been GE'd. Though I will not rule it out either.
But you can't find me a landrace strain anywhere in the world today that hasn't been affected by cross polination from other strains. And that's a fact.

Not my job to convince you man. I just want you to think a bit.

I was referring to health benefit mainly.
And I wasn't? CBD is not the be all and end all of the medicinal benefits of cannabis, it's just the tip of the ice berg.

As for those who smoke weed (arguable the majority who use the herb, do it for leisure while claiming it's health benefits are a bonus) are smoking badly grown unflushed and uncured bud - which kinda puts their "health benefits" claim in the bin.

ya dig?

Lurker

Star
But you can't find me a landrace strain anywhere in the world today that hasn't been affected by cross polination from other strains
Don't see how that has anything to do with my comment about Monsatan. And you'll have a hard time finding any domesticated produce in its original form.
CBD is not the be all and end all of the medicinal benefits of cannabis, it's just the tip of the ice berg.
Agreed, but was speaking in a generic form. If you want to be dogmatic, try the religious board. It's more relaxed on the others.

EpistemiX

Established
Don't see how that has anything to do with my comment about Monsatan. And you'll have a hard time finding any domesticated produce in its original form.
So you are agreeing with me. What you don't understand is this: Monsanto doesn't own all GMO, it just happens to have its grubby mitts in all things GMO - a market share.

Agreed, but was speaking in a generic form. If you want to be dogmatic, try the religious board. It's more relaxed on the others.
WOW, I'm sensing hostility from you. I can take a hint.

Have a nice time in your echo chamber ;)

rainerann

Star
Those give me anxiety too, because I don't know when they'll kick in and when they'll die down.

At least with a bad smoke hit, I know it won't last more than an hour or two.

But edibles kick in after some time, and its hard to gauge how much with affect the body and when.

I think the best hits I've had are with bubblers and bongs. Something about the water diluting the smoke makes it less intense for me.
Not that you would have to test this out, but in my experience, the strain made a big difference on my experience of social anxiety. As a rule, I don't use a blend of sativa or indica anymore because it is somewhat like taking an upper and a downer at the same time, and it was just making me feel weird.

My thinking is that the strain you had when you were using a bong or a bubbler was different and this is why you had a different experience. In general, I can take Sativa during the day and Indica in the evening. Although, I take edibles, so I don't know which sativa strains they are using. When I find one I like, I basically stick with it too, but there have been a couple of isolated brands that this didn't work out as well.

Even then, I never take anything before going to work. Only on days off and usually on low maintenance days with just some grocery shopping and light-duty stuff to do. Indica I take before bed sometimes.

But it is a personal choice overall and maybe it is not as effective for some people as it is for others. Although, I think medical marijuana research has made it possible to customize how it is used so that it can be beneficial for a larger number of people. It is not a one size fits all dime bag world anymore.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
Not that you would have to test this out, but in my experience, the strain made a big difference on my experience of social anxiety. As a rule, I don't use a blend of sativa or indica anymore because it is somewhat like taking an upper and a downer at the same time, and it was just making me feel weird.

My thinking is that the strain you had when you were using a bong or a bubbler was different and this is why you had a different experience. In general, I can take Sativa during the day and Indica in the evening. Although, I take edibles, so I don't know which sativa strains they are using. When I find one I like, I basically stick with it too, but there have been a couple of isolated brands that this didn't work out as well.

Even then, I never take anything before going to work. Only on days off and usually on low maintenance days with just some grocery shopping and light-duty stuff to do. Indica I take before bed sometimes.

But it is a personal choice overall and maybe it is not as effective for some people as it is for others. Although, I think medical marijuana research has made it possible to customize how it is used so that it can be beneficial for a larger number of people. It is not a one size fits all dime bag world anymore.
So you have kids and take marijuana?

Cintra

Star
Can’t say that I have. Why?
If you had you would know what it did or didn't do, and how much it generally effects people.

Like drinking.
If you have drunk a glass of wine you are still perfectly competent to look after your kids.
If you have nailed a bottle of whiskey you are not competent to look after yourself.

Smoking hash is almost always like a glass of wine.
I have never known it to be like a bottle of whiskey.

Lisa

Superstar
If you had you would know what it did or didn't do, and how much it generally effects people.

Like drinking.
If you have drunk a glass of wine you are still perfectly competent to look after your kids.
If you have nailed a bottle of whiskey you are not competent to look after yourself.

Smoking hash is almost always like a glass of wime.
I have never known it to be like a bottle of whiskey.
What are you teaching your children though...either way..