Dangers Of Marijuanas

justjess

Superstar
Yeah... that’s practically a boomer. That’s like the same age as my mom. Makes sense. My mother is equally as infuriating. 39A66B05-225A-43CE-9CEC-20A7853740C3.png

Cintra

Star
I am a boomer, but I also was a teen when Diana married.
So I was born earlier in the 60s.

Do you think it matters much?

Are all boomers condemned just for being born when we did?
Or is it more a state of mind?

If anyone says OK Boomer to me, I'm going to say OK wet wYpe back to them.
But no one has yet.

Lisa

Superstar
I personally don’t think so..Yuck!! However, it seems the catholics like tattoos? With the prayer beads and the ’image‘ of Jesus and on the cross.

Are those heavenly images? Should we bear images like that on our bodies? I think its gross and cheap and it doesn’t make you more faithful or religious does it? Isn’t faith in the inner man?

‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:49‬ ‭
Just as we have borne the image of the earthy, we will also bear the image of the heavenly.

Ephesians‬ ‭3:14-19‬ ‭
For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.​
‭‭

Lisa

Superstar

But no one has yet.
Apparently, that’s the new put down..boomers are too old to know anything..yet older people have more life experience and can be helpful to young people..if only they’d listing once in awhile...but we all like to do things our way and learn that way.

Cintra

Star
I personally don’t think so..Yuck!! However, it seems the catholics like tattoos? With the prayer beads and the ’image‘ of Jesus and on the cross.

Are those heavenly images? Should we bear images like that on our bodies? I think its gross and cheap and it doesn’t make you more faithful or religious does it? Isn’t faith in the inner man?

‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:49‬ ‭
Just as we have borne the image of the earthy, we will also bear the image of the heavenly.

Ephesians‬ ‭3:14-19‬ ‭
For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.​
‭‭
To some extent tattoos like that would hold you accountable to yourself.

You are making a public and permanent statement to yourself and to those around you.

In those pictures it is a declaration of faith, and of religious affiliation.

Cintra

Star
Apparently, that’s the new put down..boomers are too old to know anything..yet older people have more life experience and can be helpful to young people..if only they’d listing once in awhile...but we all like to do things our way and learn that way.
Lol, we used to say OK granddad in exactly the same way.

justjess

Superstar

But no one has yet.
No it dosnt matter that much, it is a state of mind which despite not being technically one Lisa exemplifies continually. You don’t, not at all.

My 75 year old cousin rides motorcycles and atv’s and is just generally awesome. Nothing like that stereotypical boomer attitude.

@Lisa - the media back then brainwashed you against tattoos and pot and colored people blah blah blah. Your attitudes are the end result.

Last edited:

Cintra

Star
Bonit dosnt matter that much, it is a state of mind which despite not being technically one Lisa exemplifies continually. You don’t, not at all.

My 75 year old cousin rides motorcycles and atv’s and is just generally awesome. Nothing like that stereotypical boomer attitude.
I expect I will get called a Boomer exactly as many times as I called people 'grandad'.
And that will be karma. :)

Lisa

Superstar
To some extent tattoos like that would hold you accountable to yourself.

You are making a public and permanent statement to yourself and to those around you.

In those pictures it is a declaration of faith, and of religious affiliation.
But how many have those terrible tattoos and do equally terrible things because even though they may believe something, they don’t believe the right thing? Maybe they think that those things will save them? Who knows..now I’m getting hypothetical...I’ll just end with they are ugly.

Lisa

Superstar
Bonit dosnt matter that much, it is a state of mind which despite not being technically one Lisa exemplifies continually. You don’t, not at all.

@Lisa - the media back then brainwashed you against tattoos and pot and colored people blah blah blah. Your attitudes are the end result.
I thought tattoos hideous all my life..I don’t believe its brainwashing, just me. I can’t see any reason to dye your body with ‘artwork’.

Though I can’t say that the little film the school made us watch on the dangers of illegal drugs didn’t help form my attitude towards drugs..I believe that watching people on those drugs..makes the difference. And of course as a Christian, I am against it.

Cintra

Star
But how many have those terrible tattoos and do equally terrible things because even though they may believe something, they don’t believe the right thing? Maybe they think that those things will save them? Who knows..now I’m getting hypothetical...I’ll just end with they are ugly.
They are ugly to you. And you have a right to think that. We all have different aesthetic things that we find pleasing.

Personally the sudden rise in facial tattoos is kind of jaw dropping for me.
But it's their faces. I hope they make informed decisions, but otherwise it's not my business unless they try and make me have one.

Lisa

Superstar
They are ugly to you. And you have a right to think that. We all have different aesthetic things that we find pleasing.

Personally the sudden rise in facial tattoos is kind of jaw dropping for me.
But it's their faces. I hope they make informed decisions, but otherwise it's not my business unless they try and make me have one.
Sure, they are ugly to me and other people don’t see it that way, I get it. Other Christians don’t see the harm in it, I don’t understand that but then that’s me I guess.

It used to be the gangster neck tattoos that were wrong and bad and now people are getting neck tattoos and like you said, face tattoos. It’s amazing how things can start out taboo but then end up main stream, though I don’t think that always makes it right but it does have a me too effect in the case of I want one too. I want a tattoo, I want to get high, I want (fill in the blank) and the lame excuse of it’s not hurting anyone..is it hurting the person doing it?

One can argue that a tattoo doesn’t hurt the person but it can hurt your chances for a better job if you can’t keep it covered up, although that could be just my generation..when everyone has one it’s hard to be picky.

Thunderian

Superstar
I personally think tattoos are trashy, except for some of the Japanese and South Pacific-style ones. I’ve never felt the urge to get any, but I led my dad to believe I did, just to wind him up a bit.

I think he would have been much more upset had he known I was smoking pot.

Cintra

Star
For a while in Victorian times tattoos were a fashion amongst the aristocracy in Britain.
Including on women.
Mostly patriotic designs, I think.

Genital piercing also. Which is why a Prince Albert is called by that name.

Fashions go around and come around.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Why would we lie about our own faith? What purpose would it serve?
because to actually follow ts true tenets is outside of your comfort zone. This world is open for people like yall, whom want their heaven here. We will all see how this plays out come judgment day.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
The law was given to Israel, not to Christians. We are free from their laws. Please don't listen to anything Tempest says. He's very ignorant.

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

That doesn't mean we are allowed to murder and steal. We are under the Law of Christ.

Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Murder and stealing, etc., are covered under the law of Christ. I hope that clears things up for you.
Im so ignorant that Im correct about your own religion eh? lol
If its given to Israel, and Jesus Christ was a Palestinian Jewish man, how did you become a "Christian" when Jesus was Jewish and said to worship God and not himself? Did Jesus follow Christianity, or Judaism?