Daily accountability thread: Did you keep the law today?

Lyfe

Star
Ill go first.

Today is 7/13.

I failed to put God first in choosing between prayer and something else. That was this morning. Right then and there was my first failure to keep the law of the day...

Deuteronomy 6:5 King James Version (KJV)
5 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Lyfe

Star
wouldnt even wanna say all my law breaks today
I am in a financial predicament right now. I wont lie there are times my faith in Gods providence wavers, but when it does it displeases him and is regarded a failure to fully trust him. In that sense I have been breaking the law allot lately as well...

...for whatever is not from faith is sin. (Romans 14:23)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I am in a financial predicament right now. I wont lie there are times my faith in Gods providence wavers, but when it does it displeases him and is regarded a failure to fully trust him. In that sense I have been breaking the law allot lately as well...

...for whatever is not from faith is sin. (Romans 14:23)
Praying for you. Trust God and enquire what steps He might want you to take (if any).

Lyfe

Star
Praying for you. Trust God and enquire what steps He might want you to take (if any).
This thread was to serve a point, but now this actually gives me an idea of using it for a place to confess sins as well. I have been harboring allot of ungodly thoughts lately. Definitely much sin in my heart.... I know that through confession comes healing and deliverance as we tend to become proud, but confession is a means to break that pride to allow healing to enter in....

Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. James 5:16

TokiEl

Superstar
I failed to put God first in choosing between prayer and something else. That was this morning. Right then and there was my first failure to keep the law of the day...
What have we here... a lawbreaker ?L0L

You put God first by loving your neighbour.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Yes, The Law of Christ.
Romans 8

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 8

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
:) :) :)

Kung Fu

Superstar
You guys have no laws so how could you keep laws?

You guys can get drunk, get high, eat pigs, have 1000 girlfriends and or boyfriends at one time, and etc.

Lisa

Superstar

You guys can get drunk, get high, eat pigs, have 1000 girlfriends and or boyfriends at one time, and etc.
That’s only what you think...you have no idea what the Christian faith is all about..and apparently no learning capabilities to be taught it either.

who would have thought that the exact same thinking that has been made so clear in generations past as evil (Phariseeism) would purvey through societel thought on the scale it does today! see this thread:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

I can’t speak for anyone else but after I believed (and for 35 years now) I have felt the presence of the Holy Spirit. The name gives a clue to the ministry, the Spirit if God in the life of a real Christian will not allow you to feel anything but shame at continuing in a sinful lifestyle. I don’t feel free to sin because Jesus paid for my sin any more than a child feels free to run up a credit card bill because their dad bailed them out from his life savings. Maybe that makes sense?