Cuties?

pumkinspice

Established
A documentary about children who are already victims would have been better but the makers of the show didn’t really have conversation in mind when they made it..because I agree that we are past the point of no return..like all other perversions this is to advance the cause.
yeah, they knew, without a doubt, it would be controversial. The only conversation in controversy is, is it right or wrong? Boundaries are redefined in this way.

How about Disney getting on board with tv shows and ‘date’ nights because they have lgbtq days there as well. It’s only the beginning.
Disney doesn't have "gay days". There are days where LGBT groups end up buying tickets to go to Disney, but official policy is to just treat it like any other day and nothing special. Sure, there's that sign going around with Disneyland, welcoming people to Disney for Gay Day.... But...

1600558265870.png
It's bullshit.

On topic... I haven't see it and won't... But people have said Cuties is pretty much all about saying "this shit is fucked up". And the general response to Cuties has been "what the fuck is this?" As in, if its some insidious plan to get people to accept p***philia, it sort of failed.

p***philia will never be accepted, since in order to get it accepted... Well, you're going to have to roll back changes to people's views on consent. (Children can't consent, period.)

Ha! They don’t care about children!” Hastings said. “If you really cared about children, you would celebrate a film that’s clearly sexualizing children in order to show that it’s wrong to sexualize children.”

I can't speak for Cuties, since I'm not going to watch it, but it is possible for a piece of media to show something without glamorizing it. If you're making a movie that wants to show war as a horrific thing, you're not exactly going to want it to be bloodless and family friendly. On issues with sexualization, it's harder, since humans are weird when it comes to this... What disgusts someone could turn on someone else... But it's possible. Just hard.

On topic... I haven't see it and won't... But people have said Cuties is pretty much all about saying "this shit is fucked up". And the general response to Cuties has been "what the fuck is this?" As in, if its some insidious plan to get people to accept p***philia, it sort of failed.

p***philia will never be accepted, since in order to get it accepted... Well, you're going to have to roll back changes to people's views on consent. (Children can't consent, period.)

I can't speak for Cuties, since I'm not going to watch it, but it is possible for a piece of media to show something without glamorizing it. If you're making a movie that wants to show war as a horrific thing, you're not exactly going to want it to be bloodless and family friendly. On issues with sexualization, it's harder, since humans are weird when it comes to this... What disgusts someone could turn on someone else... But it's possible. Just hard.
I’m not going to see it either, but from what I’ve read, it glamorizes the issue the whole time, and only throws in a cheap moral at the end. .

bellakim333

Rookie
Please sign this petition to get Cuties talen off netflix. We are a click of a button away from helping the world:

Lisa

Superstar

They are sexualizing young girls...it’s wrong.

Aero

Superstar
if you’re ok with the collateral damage, that’s your thing. Other people realize that such methods really are unnecessary and serve no real productive purpose.
No, I don’t think there will be any real change because the efforts for “change” ride the fence. They are hypocritical in nature. They start a fire then soothe the flames by directing the conversation elsewhere...children aren’t being saved by this, if that’s really the purpose of the movie. Its naive to think so, yes.
Most people, if anyone, don’t need a movie about an oppressed 11 yr old Islamic girl learning how to be seductive to tell them to protect their children..it doesn’t even make sense. There’s very obviously an agenda here. It is what it is.
It's true I've always accepted a certain amount of collateral damage. And there's nothing wrong with your position. I'm just trying to go beyond it, and see some different angles. Sometimes you have to really look for a silver lining.

I don't think Cuties was needed. I think that scandals are necessary though.

Tikawanda

Established
I haven't seen it nor do I have any plans to since I don't want the FBI to break down my door, but I've seen some screen-shots and the movie looks horrendous. It's just an excuse to normalize paedophilia, under the guise of the movie being an exposé about the subject.

I haven't seen it nor do I have any plans to since I don't want the FBI to break down my door, but I've seen some screen-shots and the movie looks horrendous. It's just an excuse to normalize paedophilia, under the guise of the movie being an exposé about the subject.
I think the bigger issue lies in whether or not the message gets through.

When you're looking at media from a critical lens, you're not looking at it from the same sort of view point as someone watching it just to watch it... You're trying to find a deeper meaning... The casual viewer isn't always doing that. I mean, Robocop was a movie specifically designed to critique a lot of the things that people loved about it... Because Joe Blow didn't see it something mocking the hyper-violent vigilante cop narrative... But just another movie like it.

I don't doubt that the writer and director might have had good intents... But what studios and publishers can do to your production, just through adverising can change the meaning.

Stephania

Star
LA Times reporting today it represents 'feminism' :rolleyes: https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2020-09-18/cuties-netflix-not-what-i-expected-female-rage

LA Times also in diff piece has NETFLIX CEO defending it- says it's 'misunderstood.' :rolleyes:

WHY IS IT SO IMPORTANT FOR LA TIMES TO DEFEND THIS. Smh.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Netflix subscriptions plummeted and cancellations increased by 800% after the release of controversial French film Cuties, analytics firm reveals

• Streaming giant Netflix announced weak third quarter earnings earlier this week
  • Company added just 2.2 million global subscribers, falling short of expectations
  • Two analytics firms said cancellations surged after release of French film Cuties
  • Cuties, which debuted on September 9, is about 11-year-old girls' dance troupe
  • The group learns sexualized choreography in preparation for dance competition
  • Director denies claims that the movie promotes 'hyper-sexualization of children'
  • Film's release sparked anger as well as calls for a boycott of streaming service
  • A Texas grand jury indicted Netflix for 'broadcasting lewd material' in the state
  • Republican and Democratic lawmakers demanded Netflix remove the film

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
Have not watched cuties, and I don't pretend to. I watched that movie "The Kissing Booth" and it appeared to be a proto-cuties. FFS, it was a 16 years old and they flash her butt in the first 10 minutes. Then there is a 16 years old dancing half naked in a pool table and the same 16 years old parading semi-naked in the boy's bathroom.

And the movie isn't even good to begin with, everyone is a psycho there.