Crowley, Dionysus Cults and Rock Music

Helioform

Star
I have had a hard time accepting this, because I like music too but this is rather important info, I think.
-------------------------------------------------------

“Apollonian” and “Dionysian” are terms used by Friedrich Nietzsche in The Birth of Tragedy to designate the two central principles in Greek culture. Nietzsche characterizes the differences this way:

The Apollonian: analytic distinctions

All types of form or structure are Apollonian, thus, sculpture is the most Apollonian of the arts, since it relies entirely on form for its effect. Rational thought is also Apollonian since it is structured and makes distinctions.

The Dionysian
: inability or unwillingness to make these distinctions; directly opposed to the Apollonian

Drunkenness and madness are Dionysian All forms of enthusiasm and ecstasy are Dionysian. Music is the most Dionysian of the arts, since it appeals directly to man's instinctive, chaotic emotions and not to his formally reasoning mind."

http://faculty.fiu.edu/~harrisk/Notes/Aesthetics/Apollonian- Dionysian Dichotomy.htm

"SATAN ROCK

Since the launching of the Beatles as an international project via TV in 1963, "rock" has been the most influential recruiter to Satanism. Rock was created, and is still coordinated by Crowley's followers and by the OTO network, in cooperation with WICCA. It is, not so incidentally, also the Satanist's biggest money-maker, and believed to provide the chief logistical support for deployments and other activities of the OTO-WICCA efforts world-wide.
There is nothing spontaneous or accidental about "rock." It is a product of classical studies of the ancient Phrygian terrorist cult of Satan-Dionysos, the model for the Roman Bacchic cults of similar characteristics. Crowley's control of the "rock industry" has been documented by a team of [private] investigators, who have also noted, that in addition to the Satanist lyrics, Satanist messages embedded sublimally in rock recordings are a key feature of this subversive operation.
The "rock rythm" itself is copied from the old Dionysian-Bacchic cults. Even without the drugs and sexual orgies which are characteristic features of hard-core rock affairs, repeated,frequent, hours-long exposure to constant repetition of "rock rythms" produces lasting, drug-like effects on the mind of the victim. Reducing sexual practices to the level of bestiality,is a crucial feature of Satanism in all historical periods studied, from Phrygian Cybele-Dionysos cult-period onward.
From western continental Europe, among the threats to the U.S. from this quarter, the two leading open centers for hard-core Satanism today, are Turin, Italy (where actress ElizabethTaylor's "Live AIDS" project attempted to sponsor an aborted Satan-rock festival), and Lausanne, Switzerland.

http://www.rense.com/general61/satanism.htm

How the CIA and Military Control the Music Industry

For those unfamiliar with Aleister Crowley mentioned in the quote above, he was a Freemason, a magician, an occultist and the Grand Master of the OTO (Ordo Templi Orientis), which is an occult order, based on the teaching of the old Egyptian and Eastern Mystery Religions, still alive and practiced in today’s society, often by people in high positions inside business, politics and entertainment. Many rock musicians, such as Jimmy Page and John Bonham (deceased) in former Led Zeppelin, Sting, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Ozzy Osbourne, The Eagles, David Bowie and The Doors, to name a few, see Crowley as their mentor and spiritual guide. Jimmy Page has one of the largest collections of Crowley’s books in the world and even bought his property by Lake Lochness in Scotland. Crowley named himself “The Beast 666”, which is Satan’s number.[]

Gavin Baddeley[], another Crowley student, is the head of Church of Satan in Great Britain, and the author of the book, “Lucifer Rising: Sin, Devil Worship, and Rock’n’Roll”[]. This is actually an excellent resource if you really want to know what the music industry is all about. In the book he is interviewing artists that are overtly and covertly satanic, many of them also admitting to being members of the Church of Satan, which makes shocking reading. The book definitely kills the myth that occultism and Satanism in rock music is just a gimmick; it’s the real thing. The information comes directly from the horse’s mouth.

http://www.illuminati-news.com/00357.html

Famous Satanist Aleister Crowley (born Edward Alexander Crowley) (1875-1947) has had a large influence upon modern rock music. The following overview of Crowley’s life is from Hungry for Heaven by Steve Turner:

“Born in 1875, Aleister Crowley had, like the Rolling Stones, rebelled against a regulated small-town background. He’d been raised in Leamington, Warwickshire, by parents who were members of the Strict Brethren, a fundamentalist Christian sect. From an early age young Aleister identified with the enemies of God in the Bible stories that were read to him. In particular he identified with the antichrist predicted in the book of Revelation. In 1898 he joined the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, a magical society.

“Most of Crowley’s adult life was dedicated to indulging in everything he believed God would hate: performing sex magic, taking heroin, opium, hashish, peyote and cocaine, invoking spirits, and even once offering himself to the Russian authorities to help destroy Christianity. He wrote volumes of books that he believed were dictated to him by a spirit from ancient Egypt called Aiwass. “To worship me take wine and strange drugs,” the spirit conveniently told him. “Lust, enjoy all things of sense and rapture. Fear not that any God shall deny thee for this.” …

“Crowley finished his life as a sick, wasted heroin addict given to black rages and doubts about the value of his life’s work. His last words as he passed into a coma on December 1, 1947, were, “I am perplexed…” (Steve Turner, Hungry for Heaven, pp. 92,97,98).

Aleister’s father Edward was a Brethren preacher, but he had inherited a fortune from his father who Crowley Ale. Edward died when Aleister was eleven and the son inherited the fortune. From this inheritance, Aleister financed his satanic career. He began torturing and killing animals at age twelve. Crowley was a heroin addict and a sexual pervert. His Christian mother referred to him as “The Great Beast of Revelation whose number is 666,” and he was pleased with the title. He was convinced that he was the reincarnation of the magician Eliphas Levi, who died the year Crowley was born. Crowley also believed he had lived other lives, including that of Pope Alexander VI. Crowley claimed that dark powers gave him the words to his “Book of the Law.” His first wife, Rose, died in a mental asylum. His second wife also went insane. “Five mistresses committed suicide, and scores of his concubines ended in the gutter as alcoholics, drug addicts, or in mental institutions” (Hellhounds on Their Trail, p. 56).

Crowley’s philosophy was as follows —

“Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.”

“Lust, enjoy all things of sense and rapture. Fear not that any God shall deny thee for this.”

“I do not wish to argue that the doctrines of Jesus, they and they alone, have degraded the world to its present condition. I take it that Christianity is not only the cause but the symptom of slavery” (Crowley, The World’s Tragedy, p. xxxix).

“That religion they call Christianity; the devil they honor they call God. I accept these definitions, as a poet must do, if he is to be at all intelligible to his age, and it is their God and their religion that I hate and will destroy” (Crowley, The World’s Tragedy, p. xxx).

Crowley studied Buddhism and Hindu yoga, following in the footsteps of Helena Blavatsky, and did much to popularize these in the West.

In 1922, Crowley published Dairy of a Drug Fiend, which was about the use of cocaine. He described the widespread use of cocaine among Hollywood stars, which he described as “cocaine-crazed sexual lunatics.”

As noted, Crowley died a wasted heroin addict given to rages and doubts. His last words were “I am perplexed…” Crowley worshipped the demon god Pan, the god of sexuality and lust. His “Hymn to Pan” was read at his funeral: “I rave and I r*pe and I rip and I rend/ Everlasting world without end!”

Crowley has had a great influence on rock & roll. The International Times voted Crowley “the unsung hero of the hippies.” One man who helped popularized Crowley’s work among rockers is avant-garde film artist Kenneth Anger. He claimed that his films were inspired by Crowley’s philosophy and called them “visual incantations” and “moving spells.” Anger considered Crowley a unique genius. Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones and Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin both scored soundtracks for Anger’s films about Crowley. See “Led Zeppelin” for more about Page’s enthusiasm for Crowley.

Crowley’s photo appeared on the Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper album cover. The Beatles testified that the characters who appeared on the album were their “heroes.” John Lennon explained to Playboy magazine that “the whole Beatle idea was to do what you want … do what thou wilst, as long as it doesn’t hurt somebody” (Lennon, cited by David Sheff, The Playboy Interviews with John Lennon and Yoko Ono, p. 61). This was precisely what Crowley taught.

Ozzy Osbourne called Crowley “a phenomenon of his time” (Circus, Aug. 26, 1980, p. 26). Ozzy even had a song called “Mr. Crowley.” “You fooled all the people with magic/ You waited on Satan's call / … Mr. Crowley, won't you ride my white horse…”

On the back cover of the Doors 13 album, Jim Morrison and the other members of the Doors are shown posing with a bust of Aleister Crowley.

David Bowie referred to Crowley in his song “Quicksand” from the album The Man Who Sold the World.

Graham Bond thought he was Crowley’s illegitimate son and recorded albums of satanic rituals with his band Holy Magick.

Iron Maiden lead singer Bruce Dickinson said: “… we’ve referred to things like the tarot and ideas of people like Aleister Crowley” (Circus, Aug. 31, 1984). Their song “The Number of the Beast” said, “666, the number of the beast/ 666, the one for you and me.” Crowley was called the Beast.

Daryl Hall of the rock duo Hall and Oates admits that he follows Crowley. “I became fascinated with Aleister Crowley, the nineteenth-century British magician who shared those beliefs. … I was fascinated by him because his personality was the late-nineteenth-century equivalent of mine—a person brought up in a conventionally religious family who did everything he could to outrage the people around him as well as himself” (Rock Lives: Profiles and Interviews, p. 584). Hall owns a signed and numbered copy of Crowley’s The Book of Thoth (about an Egyptian god).

Sting, formerly of the Police, has spent many hours studying Crowley’s writings.

Stiv Bators, lead singer for The Dead Boys and Lords of the New Church, had a song titled “Do What Thou Wilt/ This Is the Law,” after the philosophy of Satanist Aleister Crowley. In another song Bators sang: “I heard the Devil curse/ I recognized my name.”

LSD guru Timothy Leary was a Crowley enthusiast. He said: “I’ve been an admirer of Aleister Crowley. I think that I’m carrying on much of the work that he started over a hundred years ago … He was in favor of finding yourself, and ‘Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law’ under love. It was a very powerful statement. I’m sorry he isn’t around now to appreciate the glories he started” (Late Night America, Public Broadcasting Network, cited by Hells Bells, Reel to Real Ministries).

The Marilyn Manson song “Misery Machine” contains the lyrics, “We’re gonna ride to the abbey of Thelema.” The Abbey of Thelema was the temple of Satanist Aleister Crowley.

“And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them” (Ephesians 5:11).

“Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?” (2 Cor. 6:14).

http://www.illuminati-news.com/art-and-mc/rockmusic-and-crowley.htm

It was called the “British Invasion” . The 60’s began a time of “question authority”, grow your hair long, hippies and flower power and morphed in with the Anti War gang of “hell no we won’t go!”

All by design, all by planning to mind control and manipulate what the Baby Boomer (Doomer) generation thought, the language and slang used and the behavior control of the masses.

Yes, it is interesting to note that the Tavistock Institute of Human Relation, as well as, it’s child organization: The Stanford Research Institute, developed The Grateful Dead, among other things.
You can see that Alan Trist, a social engineer for the Tavistock Institute, became the shadow manager of the Dead. His father, Eric Trist, was one of the principle founding members of Tavistock.

It was part of the development of a dynamic psychological warfare model to be used on foreign and domestic populations, modeled, ultimately, on the Lord Gordon Riots in London and the Jacobin Terror of the French Revolution. The purpose was to mobilize mobs in ideological opposition to the state, as a mass destabilization operation. (Source)

“Dr John Coleman mentioned in the past that the Black Nobility favored ‘The Rolling Stones’ pop culture band. What he did not tell you was who exactly was it that were controlling the band at the very top higher than the Tavistock Institute for Human Relations.

Well as usual I am here to help fill in the dots that others cannot or those who simply fear to tread close to the line with these powers.

12. To introduce new cults and continue to boost those already functioning which include rock music gangsters such as the Rolling Stones (a gangster group much favored by European Black Nobility), and all of the Tavistock-created rock groups which began with the Beatles.

It’s not mentioned here, but the Rolling Stones were created from the same source and with the same purpose. Beatles were supposed to be the “good guys” while the Rolling Stones were the “bad guys”. Also, Rolling Stones were experts in creating repeating “riffs”, meaning a musical phrase that’s looping over and over again (like in “Satisfaction”, “Jumping Jack Flash” etc.). These repeating riffs trigger the mind and make one receptive to whatever sub-message you want to transfer into the minds of the listener. In the case of the Rolling Stones we have satanic messages in their lyrics, and they have repeated that over and over through the years (a more recent example is the”Bridge To Babylon” album)

https://tabublog.com/2015/12/26/the-manufactured-invention-of-the-beatles-stones-grateful-dead-and-the-birth-of-rock-n-roll-by-the-tavistock-institute-a-jesuit-corporation/

Damien50

Star
My issue is that this asserts rock started with Crowley when rock originated from race music in the 40's and 50's with acts like Chuck Berry and Ritchie Valens. Let's not forget that it has roots in doo wop, blues, gospel, jazz and more.

I don't doubt the involvement of Crowley in the music business but give credit where credit is due. Though the rest is quite interesting I wouldn't assert that rock is wholly satanic or even metal on some levels but there is influence.

Last edited:

Renegade

Veteran
My issue is that this asserts rock started with Crowley when rock originated from race music in the 40's and 50's with acts like Chuck Berry and Ritchie Valens. Let's not forget that it has roots in doo wop, blues, gospel, jazz and more.

I don't doubt the involvement of Crowley in the music business but give credit where credit is due. Though the rest is quite interesting I wouldn't assert that rock is wholly satanic or even metal on some levels but there is influence.
The 1st recognisable rock and roll recording 1944. The only element missing is electric guitar...

She invented lead guitar next using satans own signature devil horns Gibson SG, favorite of Black Sabbath, Led Zep and acdc..,The irony...

Here is the first ever recording of the audience clapping to the satanic "back beat"

Black Gospel has a lot to answer for...

Serveto

Star
This isn't a comment on Crowley as it relates to Rock and Roll, but I have read a far from unsympathetic biography of the man, as well as some of his own writings, and note that, as I understand, he was clearly embittered, to the core, and considered that he was sorely mistreated by members of the Plymouth Brethren, the strict and probably, given the era, staunchly disciplinary Christian sect in which he was raised and by whom he was reportedly schooled in England. I wonder, sometimes, how much this upbringing adversely affected his attitude and contributed to his avowed, certainly culturally influential, as can be seen in the op, anti-Christianity.

This isn't to cast blame, by any means, but is a reminder that the laws of physics hold: for every action there is reaction, and Crowley, in some ways, might be seen as reactionary.

Last edited:

Todd

Star
According to his word, God is going to reconcile all things to himself. The devil never invented or created anything. He simply perverts what God already created. Does Satan pervert “rock” music and use it for his agenda? Yes. Can God take what the devil meant for evil and redeem and reconcile it for his purpose? Absolutely!

Does that mean all music labeled Christian is of the spirit of Christ? No, but I don’t think you can discern the spirit of a song or recording by it’s “genre”, or it’s musical beat, chord structure or instrumentation.