Crazy Stuff--Insert Here

Carolyn

Star
View attachment 43302

so glad it was the 1990s I was around with headaches and not the 1890's :eek:
was just thinking how brutal this is but much like a lot of medical treatments in history, was thinking with my Chiari Malformation this could have killed me, then I remembered my last MRI!! Fucking torture, the one I had a few years before that wasnt as bad. If it was Id have remembered it but the second one was terrible, the banging was so loud it reverbated through your whole body. It seemed to take ages and just when I thought they were about to tell me I was done they said I was half way through. You get a button to press and I was so close, the only thing that kept me going was that I needed it done and I doubt they could have got me out then back in again.

I seriously wonder about they way they test a lot of things, even nowdays, cervical smear tests are painful as fuck, lumbar punctures, ECT, chiropractice (prob wrong name for that one) prostrate examinations, mammograms. Its like legal assault!! One time my daughter went to see a neurologist, guy was such a total prick, had his hands on her face and without any warning he turned her head from side to side, really really fast, both of us were so shocked, she was crying, if anybody besides a doctor done something like that to someone that would be assault. She has EDS and recently diagnosed with damage to her cervical spine, he should not have touched her, that could have done her serious damage. It was a few years ago now but I wished we had put in a formal complaint.

Carolyn

Star
OK that is pretty cool but I wonder about the medical equipment they would need? It would be great for rescues in hard to get to places or floods etc Would they be able to lift someone to a hospital then you have to consider whether the person could even be transported.

But as I said what about the medical equipment I mean I doubt they are going to be able to easily fly about carrying heavy medical equipment. Defibrilator or whatever its called, oxygen, stretchers I dunno. I feel like theres gonna be a huge downside to this and its definitely not likely to benefit joe public... :(

If anything it'll be the public that funds it, itll be expensive and probably not available to that many people, especially the ones that will be out of pocket from it as it usually seems to go.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
OK that is pretty cool but I wonder about the medical equipment they would need? It would be great for rescues in hard to get to places or floods etc Would they be able to lift someone to a hospital then you have to consider whether the person could even be transported.

But as I said what about the medical equipment I mean I doubt they are going to be able to easily fly about carrying heavy medical equipment. Defibrilator or whatever its called, oxygen, stretchers I dunno. I feel like theres gonna be a huge downside to this and its definitely not likely to benefit joe public... :(

If anything it'll be the public that funds it, itll be expensive and probably not available to that many people, especially the ones that will be out of pocket from it as it usually seems to go.
Yeah, it seems to me that his purpose is to be first on site until others arrive, say a helicopter or boat that arrives later. I can't see him being all that useful on his own.

Cintra

Star
was just thinking how brutal this is but much like a lot of medical treatments in history, was thinking with my Chiari Malformation this could have killed me, then I remembered my last MRI!! Fucking torture, the one I had a few years before that wasnt as bad. If it was Id have remembered it but the second one was terrible, the banging was so loud it reverbated through your whole body. It seemed to take ages and just when I thought they were about to tell me I was done they said I was half way through. You get a button to press and I was so close, the only thing that kept me going was that I needed it done and I doubt they could have got me out then back in again.

I seriously wonder about they way they test a lot of things, even nowdays, cervical smear tests are painful as fuck, lumbar punctures, ECT, chiropractice (prob wrong name for that one) prostrate examinations, mammograms. Its like legal assault!! One time my daughter went to see a neurologist, guy was such a total prick, had his hands on her face and without any warning he turned her head from side to side, really really fast, both of us were so shocked, she was crying, if anybody besides a doctor done something like that to someone that would be assault. She has EDS and recently diagnosed with damage to her cervical spine, he should not have touched her, that could have done her serious damage. It was a few years ago now but I wished we had put in a formal complaint.
Totally agree.
Hospitals.
In the end I just told them all to fk off and walked out.