Crazy Stuff--Insert Here

saki

Star
...I originally posted this on the "I See Eyes Everywhere" thread....
...but it really fits better here... ...prob oughta put it on the "Crazy Stuff - Post it Here" thread, as well... I thought....
...the headline is very funny... but the rest is behind a paywall...
....the lead-in sounds like "The Onion".... (but it's not.... it's The Times... so... straighten your tie, and wipe that grin off your face).... and finish your crumpet.... and sit up straight....

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...-after-freemasons-overshare-secrets-9hv3ctk3j
Grand Lodge logs off social media after freemasons overshare secrets
Marc Horne

September 16 2019, 12:01am, The Times

The Grand Lodge of Scotland’s website may sell accessories but the group strives to retain a level of secrecy, something that its members failed to uphold on its social media page.

The Grand Lodge of Scotland has abandoned social media over fears that jealously guarded secrets are being leaked online.

The country’s freemasons began an unprecedented publicity drive four years ago to reverse a fall in membership. The lodge hoped that Twitter and Facebook would improve the standing of the all-male fraternal organisation, whose former members included George VI, Robert Burns and Arthur Conan Doyle.

It has since suspended its social media accounts after confidential internal information and spats between members appeared on the internet. The lodge also had problems with images of its members being posted publicly without their permission.

Robert Cooper, the curator of the lodge’s library and museum, who also edits its Twitter and Facebook pages, confirmed that the pages had been put…

Continue reading
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...-after-freemasons-overshare-secrets-9hv3ctk3j

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
Man breaks world record travelling 85mph in jet-powered suit: 'Like a superhero'
Edit: Watch Marvel stuff. Slightly impressed.:)

Last edited:

Awoken2

Superstar
Just got off the phone.....unsolicited call....here is how it went.

(Caller) Hello, can I speak to Mr @@@@ please?

(Me) Speaking

(Caller) Oh hello Mr @@@@ my name is (unclear) and I am calling from (even more unclear) limited about the accident you were involved in recently.

(Me) What accident?

(Caller) The road traffic accident..... I was....

(Me) I am starting to get a little concerned now, you are now the third company that has called me about an accident I haven't actually had yet SO either you guys know something I don't ORRRR you have some scam going on where you hope to make money on some accident where the innocent party didn't get paid on the deal?.....can't be having that in your game can we?

(Caller) ....so you haven't been involved in an accident?.... on our records....

(Me) Well listen, if I'm going to be involved in some insurance hoist let's make it worth our while. Just send me your address of your offices. I will tamper with my breaks after having my car serviced on Friday then I'll come smashing into your place of work causing as much damage as possible. As well as the multiple claims for physical damages you could probably get a good PTSD claim in as well....all that time off work, no more agro, no more tears.....

(Caller)..... (laughs).....(hangs up)

Awoken2

Superstar
Hey @Lisa I hope you've received the Christmas present I sent you. I think this is just down your street, what with how high and mighty you are most of the time I felt you needed something that brings you down to earth a little bit.

I've posted this short instructional video as to how you best use it. Please post a video of your first flight won't you?

P.s. I'll get you the safety helmet and brake parachute next Christmas.

......don't thank me, it's the least I could do.

Lisa

Superstar
Hey @Lisa I hope you've received the Christmas present I sent you. I think this is just down your street, what with how high and mighty you are most of the time I felt you needed something that brings you down to earth a little bit.

I've posted this short instructional video as to how you best use it. Please post a video of your first flight won't you?

P.s. I'll get you the safety helmet and brake parachute next Christmas.

......don't thank me, it's the least I could do.
Lol! You sure think about me more than you ever talk to me. I have left quite an impression on you it seems.

Awoken2

Superstar
"I have left quite an impression on you it seems"

......so did my MMR jab. Don't flatter yourself.

JoChris

Superstar
Is it funny or sad when reporters need to warn Twitter users a that a parody news website is "fake news"?

It says in the actual tab: "The Babylon Bee - your trusted source for Christian News Satire"!!!!

Original article: https://babylonbee.com/news/democrats-call-for-flags-to-be-flown-half-mast-to-grieve-death-of-soleimani

WASHINGTON, D.C.—At a press conference held on Capitol Hill Friday, mourning Democrat leaders called for flags to be flown half-mast to honor the death of Qasem Soleimani.

Flags were spotted flying at half-mast around the country, notably at The Washington Post, The New York Times, and in front of several celebrities' homes. The celebrities went out and bought an American flag for the first time just to fly it at half-mast for this important time of grief.

"The grieving process is painful but necessary," said Rep. Ilhan Omar. "As a nation, we need to stop and grieve this great, austere, revered religious scholar. He was one of the good ones."

In a rare moment of unity with The Squad, Pelosi gave each of the girls a hug, telling them to just "let it all out" in their time of sadness.

Ocasio-Cortez didn't seem to know what was happening but adjusted her glasses to look smart.

A teary-eyed Barack Obama was also seen solemnly lowering the flag in front of his seaside mansion. "To think, this all could have been prevented with a few pallets of cash." He sighed and stared off into the distance, a look of pain and regret on his face. "If only Trump had targeted a U.S. citizen with a drone strike instead."

Later, Democrats clarified they meant we should fly the Iranian flag at half-mast, not the "offensive and problematic" American flag.