Countdown to September 11th

Bent8484

Established
It was strange how planes brought down the two towers but nothing brought down that building and the press didn’t think anything of it. Which they do that..and move on and I guess we all do too at that point but I always wondered how that building came down too.
Initially, they had said that the fire brought it down, then some firefighters told the press that the building had to be "pulled" to contain the fire, and then the official story went back to the fire having brought the building down without assistance. The thing is... there's a radio recording out there (which I heard years ago, but couldn't find when I looked a couple years back) of the firefighters being evacuated before the building is taken down, so the official story is suspect already. I always wondered what the big deal was, why they couldn't just say it was demolished for safety reasons...why the denial, knowing that there's material evidence to the contrary in the public domain? It never sat right with me...I feel like I'm missing part of the picture.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
Initially, they had said that the fire brought it down, then some firefighters told the press that the building had to be "pulled" to contain the fire, and then the official story went back to the fire having brought the building down without assistance. The thing is... there's a radio recording out there of the firefighters being evacuated before the building is taken down, so the official story is suspect. I always wondered what the big deal was, why they couldn't just say it was demolished for safety reasons...why the denial, knowing that there's material evidence to the contrary in the public domain? It never sat right with me...I feel like I'm missing part of the picture.
Wasn’t it far away from the towers and there were closer buildings to the towers as well? It just never made sense why they came down.
I don’t think there was a plausible story to be had on why that building came down and if they could have thought of one they would have offered it. Which is why it makes that day suspect and right away people were talking how the planes couldn’t have taken down the towers..but I have never heard of anyone saying there where no planes that hit..what are the odds that tptb could keep a whole city quiet?

Do you think Rudy Giuliani knew about it?

Bent8484

Established
Wasn’t it far away from the towers and there were closer buildings to the towers as well? It just never made sense why they came down.
I don’t think there was a plausible story to be had on why that building came down and if they could have thought of one they would have offered it. Which is why it makes that day suspect and right away people were talking how the planes couldn’t have taken down the towers..but I have never heard of anyone saying there where no planes that hit..what are the odds that tptb could keep a whole city quiet?

Do you think Rudy Giuliani knew about it?
I doubt whoever did this would've brought Rudy into the loop on the big picture, though he might've known something was being covered up after the fact (since his participation would've likely been necessary in the cover up - though it could've been unwittingly, if he was compartmentalized out). It's hard to say if they'd have wanted to involve him, too...he had a better reputation back then, and was more mentally stable (his recent outbursts are likely related to his marriage problems), but he was not known for his discretion...he always had a big mouth.

And yeah, there were intervening buildings which somehow remained mostly untouched. I guess the official story is alleging that a burning chunk of plane targeted the next government building a block over, after bouncing off one of the two towers...? It seems a bit morbidly convenient.

Lisa

Superstar
I doubt whoever did this would've brought Rudy into the loop on the big picture, though he might've known something was being covered up after the fact (since his participation would've likely been necessary in the cover up - though it could've been unwittingly, if he was compartmentalized out). It's hard to say if they'd have wanted to involve him, too...he had a better reputation back then, and was more mentally stable (his recent outbursts are likely related to his marriage problems), but he was not known for his discretion...he always had a big mouth.
Yep no one is perfect..but Rudy did manage to do some good for New York. Idk if he was involved but he’d have to wonder about number 7 going down.

Bent8484

Established
Yep no one is perfect..but Rudy did manage to do some good for New York. Idk if he was involved but he’d have to wonder about number 7 going down.
Yeah, or at least the city's experts would have brought it to his attention, presumably.

I like to believe that historians will eventually get to the bottom of what happened that day, but I don't know how confident I am that it'll happen during my lifetime... (Maybe a few decades, and some deathbed confessions, might change that.)

Lisa

Superstar
Yeah, or at least the city's experts would have brought it to his attention, presumably.

I like to believe that historians will eventually get to the bottom of what happened that day, but I don't know how confident I am that it'll happen during my lifetime...
Unfortunately it seems that history is ripe for lies about the past not clarity. I think of the Holocaust when I think about this. How many people now think that the holocaust wasn’t that bad..the Jews actually went to a summer camp type of prison. Like that’s how prisons work but ok. It wasn’t the way we were told. So it’s hard to know what’s true now. We are years away from the attacks and years from now they might be writing that no one actually died, ya never know...will have a lot to do with the narrative that people will want to paint.

Lisa

Superstar
@Bent8484
What makes number 7 fall..but not the ones in front? I could never understand that. Doesn’t make sense and there isn’t a good explanation...unless that plane that went down in Pennsylvania was the one that was supposed to crash into it? So they didn’t have a plan b if that didn’t happen.

1599884194235.png

Bent8484

Established
Unfortunately it seems that history is ripe for lies about the past not clarity. I think of the Holocaust when I think about this. How many people now think that the holocaust wasn’t that bad..the Jews actually went to a summer camp type of prison. Like that’s how prisons work but ok. It wasn’t the way we were told. So it’s hard to know what’s true now. We are years away from the attacks and years from now they might be writing that no one actually died, ya never know...will have a lot to do with the narrative that people will want to paint.
Issues surrounding holocaust denial, including the famous Irving court case, are taught as a case study on how historical investigation shouldn't lose track of the evidence, though, so I maintain some optimism in the scientific process evolving along with society, and learning from mistakes and abuses.

And I meant what I said about deathbed confessions...it's happened before. It's how we now know the circumstances of Che Guevara's death, for example.

Last edited:

Bent8484

Established
@Bent8484
What makes number 7 fall..but not the ones in front? I could never understand that. Doesn’t make sense and there isn’t a good explanation...unless that plane that went down in Pennsylvania was the one that was supposed to crash into it? So they didn’t have a plan b if that didn’t happen.

View attachment 41896
Sweet, I totally remember seeing this diagram before. Worth a thousand words, right there... (Or a thousand question marks.)

Riptide

Established
...unless that plane that went down in Pennsylvania was the one that was supposed to crash into it? So they didn’t have a plan b if that didn’t happen.
Never thought of that before. Interesting idea.

Although flight path showed it going toward DC.

Flight_paths_of_hijacked_planes-September_11_attacks.jpg

Lisa

Superstar

Riptide

Established

Wigi

Veteran
Incidentally when people were trapped in the smoke and flames and hanging out the windows, I'm surprised a bunch of helicopters with long ladders weren't sent to dangle the ladders for them to hang onto.
Also, some people were jumping to their deaths to get out, and I'm surprised the emergency services didn't deploy "jumper airbags" at the foot of the towers to give them a chance.
It's literally the reason why I can't watch any of these videos I was in primary school when I realized people were actually jumping. I genuinely couldn't sleep for days because of that.

Lisa

Superstar
What if flight 93 was supposed to hit tower 7..but because it got brought down before then..they couldn’t say exactly where it was going and bring more attention to the fact that nothing hit that tower so why’d it come down? The fact that tower 7 also came down came and went out of the news cycle as fast as possible. And it was easy..they focused on the planes hitting the other buildings and the implosion and loss of lives afterwards.

Tidal

Star
Tidal said- some people were jumping to their deaths to get out, and I'm surprised the emergency services didn't deploy "jumper airbags" at the foot of the towers to give them a chance.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's literally the reason why I can't watch any of these videos I was in primary school when I realized people were actually jumping. I genuinely couldn't sleep for days because of that.

Incidentally if the jumpers had parachutes they'd have had a good chance of surviving even if they took a few knocks and bumps on the way down, so I wonder if anybody who works in a high building nowadays has bought a chute to keep in their locker or under their desk since 9/11?
I've lived in two different tower blocks in the past on the 16th and 18th floors including this one in Leicester (England)-

but I never bought a chute because it probably wouldn't have had time to open at that relatively low height, so always at the back of my mind was the nagging thought of what me and others would do if fire broke out on one of the floors below ours, maybe I should have got a rope to climb down but I never got around to it.
So hopefully the fire brigade would have had ladders long enough to reach our floors, because we'd have had no chance trying to get down the smoke and flame-filled communal staircase, and trying to use the lifts would also have been a death trap even if the power was still on.
Currently I live low down on only the 3rd floor of a small apartment block and keep this coil of thick rope behind the settee so that in the event of a fire I can tie one end to a table leg, throw the other end out the window, grab my small rucksack containing money and stuff, then climb down the rope, hopefully without hanging myself..:)-

Last edited:

Tidal

Star
Below; the infamous Grenfell Tower blaze in London in 2017 which killed 72 residents (223 escaped by running out before the fire got too bad.)
The inquiry and finger-pointing is still ongoing but it seems cheapskate non-fire-retardant building materials were used in its construction.
The fire apparently started because of an allegedly malfunctioning fridge-freezer, but as most of the tenants were immigrants with little or no grasp of english perhaps the owner couldn't understand the fridges operating instructions and electrical fusing requirements etc.

Last edited:

illuminatimess

Veteran
Ya building 7 that imploded with no plausible explanation of why that building would come down too.

„The principal conclusion of our study is that fire did not cause the collapse of WTC 7 on 9/11, contrary to the conclusions of NIST and private engineering firms that studied the collapse.„

Awoken2

Superstar
but as most of the tenants were immigrants with little or no grasp of english perhaps the owner couldn't understand the fridges operating instructions and electrical fusing requirements etc.
How did you work this one out?

All the immigrants they interviewed on tv spoke pretty good english, they had learned all their lines perfectly.

I take your above statement as an inflammatory right wing cheap shot. Colours shown there.