Corporate VS Kindergarten - You Are Being Conditioned

Helioform

Star
This video is from an ex software engineer who basically got tired of the corporate world and decided to make a YT channel exposing that world in rather funny (for me at least, because I tend to get the programming jokes having worked in this field) series of videos that he calls "Corporate Cringe". He is not even a "conspiracy theorist" yet he managed to notice this in today's corporations. What he shows in those videos is one reason why I have stopped chasing jobs and decided to become an entrepreneur.

Anyway here is the video:

TC1968

Established
At work one of the offices will have all staff meetings where they play games, and win candy and trinkets. SMH.

JoChris

Superstar
This video is from an ex software engineer who basically got tired of the corporate world and decided to make a YT channel exposing that world in rather funny (for me at least, because I tend to get the programming jokes having worked in this field) series of videos that he calls "Corporate Cringe". He is not even a "conspiracy theorist" yet he managed to notice this in today's corporations. What he shows in those videos is one reason why I have stopped chasing jobs and decided to become an entrepreneur.

Anyway here is the video:

My husband describes just the same type of work environment but he is in a public service position instead of a corporation.
He hates the softie "emotional bonding" education seminars especially.

It looks like programming to make everyone fit the mould and become a worker bee.

TC1968

Established
One of my workplaces wanted to use this team building/brainwashing thing called The Fish Philosophy Book and even when some of us looked in to it - it was based on a fraud they still forced us to participate. In my case, I lucked out and had a mechanical issue on the way to work so got to call off that day. I was never more glad to have something go awry on my truck as I was that day.

Maes17

Superstar
One of my workplaces wanted to use this team building/brainwashing thing called The Fish Philosophy Book and even when some of us looked in to it - it was based on a fraud they still forced us to participate. In my case, I lucked out and had a mechanical issue on the way to work so got to call off that day. I was never more glad to have something go awry on my truck as I was that day.
Sounds like you and I need career changes lol.
I honestly need to get in gear

Maes17

Superstar
I love my co-workers, but man everyone there in every department has a defeated mentality atm. It’s rubbing off on me too.

JoChris

Superstar

The story behind it is sort of interesting... I bet those fishmongers got no money for the inspiration though.

A good explanation that none of it's done for the employees themselves, it is done for the $$$.

JoChris

Superstar
I love my co-workers, but man everyone there in every department has a defeated mentality atm. It’s rubbing off on me too.
Has everyone been too long in the same job as well? Eventually every work place becomes stale and boring and no mere pep-talk campaign is going to change that.
Do companies etc ever try to identify if the individual workplace has its own unique issues and work to resolving them?

Last edited:

Maes17

Superstar
Has everyone been too long in the same job as well? Eventually every work place becomes stale and boring and no mere pep-talk campaign is going to change that.
Do companies etc ever try to identify if the individual workplace has its own unique issues and work to resolving them?
I believe so, I think the shortest tenure besides me is three years. I’m one of the newer hires(8 months) The place has been recently bought out by a new company, but no real major changes.

My old boss has tried to have me on hand to help him oversee the front lines. He says I offer creativity and reliability. My brother also got in a month after me, and we literally ran the summer like a boss. Just seems after that, work has caught up with everyone.

I think a bit of creativity/freedom helps. But I’m being honest with myself, I have no real intentions on making this a career. It was meant to solidify my skills or become more proficient with them in a high volum setting.

I’ve always warmed up to the task, it’s worn me down going 100% all the time 6 days a week.

But yes there are a lot of tenured employees. There is only so much I can offer from my perspective. Maybe this is another thing that has worn me down is I’ve taken on this leadership role, and I’ve felt almost too responsible at times.

JoChris

Superstar
I believe so, I think the shortest tenure besides me is three years. I’m one of the newer hires(8 months) The place has been recently bought out by a new company, but no real major changes.

My old boss has tried to have me on hand to help him oversee the front lines. He says I offer creativity and reliability. My brother also got in a month after me, and we literally ran the summer like a boss. Just seems after that, work has caught up with everyone.

I think a bit of creativity/freedom helps. But I’m being honest with myself, I have no real intentions on making this a career. It was meant to solidify my skills or become more proficient with them in a high volum setting.

I’ve always warmed up to the task, it’s worn me down going 100% all the time 6 days a week.

But yes there are a lot of tenured employees. There is only so much I can offer from my perspective. Maybe this is another thing that has worn me down is I’ve taken on this leadership role, and I’ve felt almost too responsible at times.
Why are you working such long hours?!!! You are a newer hire but how come you are working that much?

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I remember there was a gal in Seattle who was doing this kind of work and had discovered all kinds of way to break the ice between co-workers and etc. in a fashion that improved worker morale and productivity. She was very popular and would work with children and etc. as well. But she was just one amazing person, I estimate it could be difficult to maintain her market share once corporate money began flowing into knock-off's of her original idea and business.