Coronavirus

Aero

Superstar
Good luck bro. The opposite of whatever Kanye does is a good starting point lol
Straight investing seems to be the way to go. Like a shoe brand that competes with Kanye, and doesn't exploit cheap labor from anywhere. Of course, there's always bubble chasing. Covid-19 is certainly providing an opportunity for gambling. Like oh, which vaccine company greases the most palms. Better yet, which company discovers a vaccine by accident.

If the medical community figures Covid-19 out it will boil down to luck. Because apparently that's all we can deduce from science anymore.

rainerann

Star
In case there is anyone that is seriously interested in fact checking the common claim that the common cold is being confused as Covid 19.

most places testing for covid are using a respiratory panel that checks for multiple viruses including several different types of coronavirus. This place in New Jersey gives a comprehensive list of what is included in a panel like this. Fact checking is important. There is a lot of corruption propaganda circulating right now, which is like the sensationalized version of corruption.

Respira-ID™ Testing Menu
Viruses
  • Adenovirus 1 & 2 Alpha
  • Adenovirus 1 & 2 Beta
  • COVID 19
  • Coronavirus 229E
  • Coronavirus HKU1
  • Coronavirus NL63
  • Coronavirus OC43
  • Cytomegalovirus (HHV5)
  • Enterovirus D68
  • Epstein-Barr virus (HHV4)
  • Human Bocavirus (HBoV)
  • Human Herpesvirus (HHV6)
  • Human Metapneumovirus
  • Influenza A virus (Pan)
  • Influenza A virus H1-2009
  • Influenza A virus H3
  • Influenza B virus
  • Morbillivirus Measles
  • MERS-CoV
  • Epidemic Parotitis (Mumps)
  • Parainfluenza 1
  • Parainfluenza 2
  • Parainfluenza 3
  • Parainfluenza 4
  • Parechovirus
  • Respiratory Syncytial Virus A
  • Respiratory Syncytial Virus B
  • SARS-Coronavirus
  • Varicella zoster virus (HHV3)

rainerann

Star
This nasal spray Ppe is also a fascinating concept.

“Far more effective than wearable forms of personal protective equipment, we think of AeroNabs as a molecular form of PPE that could serve as an important stopgap until vaccines provide a more permanent solution to COVID-19,” said AeroNabs co-inventor Peter Walter, professor of biochemistry and biophysics at UCSF.”

Read more here: https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/health-and-medicine/article244895427.html#storylink=cpy

There's talk of another 2 week lockdown for the millionth time even though it has never helped so far. We went from 20+ cases, to 120+, to 250+ this month and a bigger and more frequent number of people are dying. It should be clear by now that it's not going to do anything and it's not going to change the minds of the people who never cared to take precautions to begin with.

By the end of this year, I guarantee there will be no more shops or businesses open. Already the ones who are still operating are selling everything at such exorbitant prices that it's ridiculous they still expect any customers (from essentials like food to all non-essentials). Even "poor people's food" like grains, beans and veggies are no longer affordable by the poor.

I think considering all the shit that Lebanon is in, there are more urgent things we need to be taking care of and paying attention to than this virus and its inconsistencies.

I mean I have a civil engineer cousin (graduated with distinction) who has been unemployed for years. You know what he's doing now? Selling masks! And he's only one small example of MANY educated and skilled people who are unemployed.

rainerann

Star
This is an article about a book that was released last week and is currently only available in Italian about how covid-19 was engineered. The article seems like it is giving a good summary and I would imagine it will translated into other languages soon.

rainerann

Star
New Zealand and a couple of cities in China, are attributing new clusters to imported food sources. Obviously, there is no proof that this is being done intentionally, but it would be easy to see how something like this could be done intentionally.

maybe the shipping warehouse could even be the potential source rather than the supplier?

Lisa

Superstar
More fear peddling...after all the elections are still months away..

Dr Fauci tells Matthew McConaughey that the death toll would be 'enormous' if the US tried to achieve herd immunity - as new CDC model projects 189,000 American fatalities by September 5

rainerann

Star
So we have reached a point where we can start looking at excess deaths and an increase in deaths by other causes.

I thought this article gave a fair assessment of excess pneumonia deaths in Florida up to around the end of may. Their analysis of available data suggests around 1300 excess pneumonia deaths.

Some attempts to analyze these numbers are higher, but it will take a while before you can work out the errors of private investigation by making sure that all conditions are the same.

some numbers fluctuate because they have a different condition like if you are going to count all tests without differentiating for whether this is a second positive for the same patient, this should be compared to counting all negatives including the negative results taken from the same patient.

So you should not compare the results of the the total number of positive tests when they include tests from the same patient with a total number of negative tests not including duplicate negatives or vice versa where duplicate negative tests are counted with individual positive results.

making sure you get matching conditions that show something real is why a lot of data is useless because it can be very difficult to do this at times.

anyways, it is more than clear either way that pneumonia deaths did not decline due to covid. They have actually been higher this year than in previous years so far even during some of the peak months that we began collecting data for covid.

it will be another six months before enough data is collected for the summer months to see how unusual this summer is in comparison to other years for pneumonia and flu, which is also being counted Even if flu season has ended.

Overall, the excess deaths that are showing a consistent elevated pattern are not really showing the true potential for a higher number of covid deaths that are being missed. This is showing signs of being undercounted now that we have around six months of actual data and are not just dealing with premature predictions.

I found this article from another article that was reviewing a higher count that actually references other sources that are starting to analyze this too in case anyone is interested.

TLDR: the number of pneumonia deaths has not declined in order to inflate a false impression about covid.

Link to excess deaths from all causes.

Aero

Superstar
Is Dr. Fauci ever going to go away? I only ask because I don't see any benefit in him speaking, period.

His comments on herd immunity are laughable. Herd Immunity is literally what we have done in response to Covid-19. It's what we have done because the lockdowns were half-baked. Plus we haven't really isolated all the sick people.

The reality is America is suddenly and suspiciously too worried about people's medical history being compromised. Therefore we cannot effectively track and isolate sick people. So the end result is herd immunity.

rainerann

Star
Although studies show that infectious viruses easily survive during refrigeration and freezing, meat companies do not routinely test the extent to which meat products are contaminated with the virus. Researchers have not specifically tested the temperature at which meat and poultry products would have to be heated to kill SARS-CoV-2.

Meat consumption also raises the risk for many of the underlying medical conditions—diabetes, hypertension, obesity, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease—that can make SARS-CoV-2 infections more deadly. A recent study found that regular consumption of processed meat, red meat, or poultry increases the risk for cardiovascular disease.

U.S. slaughterhouses remain under intense pressure to produce meat and poultry products, despite risks to workers and the public. Today, no U.S. slaughterhouse tests its meat and poultry products or packaging for the presence of the virus.
it kind of seems like we should have shut down meat production to create a process to prevent spreading the virus, but I think we didn’t because the mainstream media has helped push that we need to keep things open rather than push to improve our opportunities for containment where we can find them.

if I had a say, we would know what temperature kills the virus in meat by now, but then people would lose money. Greed has become a glaring burden during this whole process.

Lisa

Superstar
Is Dr. Fauci ever going to go away? I only ask because I don't see any benefit in him speaking, period.

His comments on herd immunity are laughable. Herd Immunity is literally what we have done in response to Covid-19. It's what we have done because the lockdowns were half-baked. Plus we haven't really isolated all the sick people.

The reality is America is suddenly and suspiciously too worried about people's medical history being compromised. Therefore we cannot effectively track and isolate sick people. So the end result is herd immunity.
He’s the ‘medical’ arm of the dems...so no..he won’t go away.

rainerann

Star