Coronavirus

rainerann

Star
Frontline doctors may as well be a campaign brochure.

“These are the doctors diagnosing, treating and helping patients beat COVID-19," said Jenny Beth Martin – co-founder of Tea Party Patriots, a pro-Trump conservative group that helped organize the event – during the news conference.”

Another gem article about how the trump administration thought there was a political advantage to how they should respond to the coronavirus situation. It is just baffling that they didn’t realize that a different response that would have actually addressed the coronavirus presence would have actually been better for the economy.

winning the November election is far more important though.

Lisa

Superstar
Another gem article about how the trump administration thought there was a political advantage to how they should respond to the coronavirus situation. It is just baffling that they didn’t realize that a different response that would have actually addressed the coronavirus presence would have actually been better for the economy.

winning the November election is far more important though.
Lol...why would trump want to wreck his awesome economy? So he could win re-election? :rolleyes:

Aero

Superstar
The economy is trashed. All the stimulus checks, small business loans, and FED quantitative easing did next to nothing. It's just mind-boggling how anyone in the government thinks 1,200 dollar stimulus checks will move the needle at all. Basically there will never be a V-shaped recovery. Mainly because a V-shaped recovery would involve the public getting more than a measly 1200 bucks.

Let's call a spade a spade. There's nothing in the cards to suggest America will get anything besides what I'm calling a "Trickle-down recovery". For the right-wing sycophants, that probably sounds perfect. But it's literally the most tone-deaf illogical shit to happen in the 21st century. The only hope the public has right now is whether or not we are at rock bottom.

If the economy is at rock bottom, we can only go up.

rainerann

Star
“In the case of Mexico, where they are already working on the development of an edible vaccine in tomato plants against COVID-19..”

Even if a company like moderna is successful in producing a vaccine, how does this translate to requiring a place like Mexico to take this particular vaccine?

if Mexico does take this vaccine, how would they be required to stop their own research on edible vaccines?

if there is no reason to stop their research of an edible vaccine, why would they be forced to continue taking the bill gates approved vaccine if this endeavor was successful?

What i see happening is that the us is not going to be considered a leader in innovation after this and this might cause a major shift in power. Although, I don’t see how it is possible to unify anything close to a universal government unless there is a lot more force enabled than the presence of the virus. It is just not a strong enough force to accomplish something like this on its own even with the effect it has had on the economy. At some point, I also don’t think it will ever be possible, if technology continues to advance and produce something like an edible vaccine.

Something like an edible vaccine would create an economic shift in healthcare too. There is the potential to replace some pharmaceuticals the same way Walmart replaced sears. There is even the potential to downsize healthcare entirely if people could grow their own vaccines. It is not something you could stop if it were a plant either the same way no one has stopped growing marijuana even though it was illegal in many places for a time.

edible vaccines create fascinating opportunities to change many predictions that are regularly made around here.

justjess

Superstar
Naw, that was outsourced along with all the manufacturing jobs.
I was talking to an old member the other day and they remembered a situation in an army lab not to long ago. Can’t remember the name tbh.

justjess

Superstar
Yeah, I'm sure it's still happening. Ft Detrick?
I believe that’s the one. Yes.

maybe I’m jaded idk.. but it’s seemed to me and has for months now that this has America written all over it. Release it, frame China, kill off all the social security recipients at the same time. Win/win for these sick fucks. I’d consider other culprits except America seems to be the only ones welcoming death and doing not very much to stop it.

Aero

Superstar
It bugs me to have to admit when Fox News makes good points about the COVID-19 lockdowns. Damn, that thing called logic. But really I don't miss being 1-sided like I was. Plus Fox News is still wrong about pretty much everything else.

The lockdowns and masks mandates just haven't been implemented well. The lockdowns especially have disproportionately had negative effects on every industry that doesn't politically lobby. Now I'm hearing about massive amounts of fraud in the COVID unemployment relief packages. Maybe it was the paycheck protection program, Idk it doesn't really matter because that's not the point.

The point is the American response to Covid-19 is a train wreck that's still barreling down a cliff. Basically, unless Superman or God shows up to bail these politicians out now, there's only one conclusion. Eventually, the pain will get to them and their families, and of course, it will be too late.

justjess

Superstar
It bugs me to have to admit when Fox News makes good points about the COVID-19 lockdowns. Damn, that thing called logic. But really I don't miss being 1-sided like I was. Plus Fox News is still wrong about pretty much everything else.

The lockdowns and masks mandates just haven't been implemented well. The lockdowns especially have disproportionately had negative effects on every industry that doesn't politically lobby. Now I'm hearing about massive amounts of fraud in the COVID unemployment relief packages. Maybe it was the paycheck protection program, Idk it doesn't really matter because that's not the point.

The point is the American response to Covid-19 is a train wreck that's still barreling down a cliff. Basically, unless Superman or God shows up to bail these politicians out now, there's only one conclusion. Eventually, the pain will get to them and their families, and of course, it will be too late.
It was the PPL program. It was by design.

Aero

Superstar
It was the PPL program. It was by design.
Yes, it seems like the reality is everyone who currently plays by the rules is getting screwed. And everyone dirty gets a big pat on the back from the government. Like Congratulations, you figured out the American way.

As this whole thing plays out, the cognitive dissonance displayed is astounding. We literally have a government and economic system that takes the public side of the playing field and completely destroys it. Then when the public fights back (by destroying the other side of the playing field) it's not revolt against a clearly corrupt government, it's TREASON.

The government and cronies have destroyed more businesses and lives that any riot ever could. Period. If people want to play both sides, I'm fine with that, but at least have the government give you a good reason to switch sides.

justjess

Superstar
Yes, it seems like the reality is everyone who currently plays by the rules is getting screwed. And everyone dirty gets a big pat on the back from the government. Like Congratulations, you figured out the American way.

As this whole thing plays out, the cognitive dissonance displayed is astounding. We literally have a government and economic system that takes the public side of the playing field and completely destroys it. Then when the public fights back (by destroying the other side of the playing field) it's not revolt against a clearly corrupt government, it's TREASON.

The government and cronies have destroyed more businesses and lives that any riot ever could. Period. If people want to play both sides, I'm fine with that, but at least have the government give you a good reason to switch sides.
So many small businesses were unable to access any aide at all while it seems the feds wrote blank checks for tons of multi billion dollar companies and businesses lead by ownership that definately had the means to sustain them during the downswing. The whole entire situation has been a farce and I agree with you completely. My business? We didn’t get a dollar. Thankfully we are in the habit of laying off avocado toast and had our own modest funds available to pay out necessary expenses while we were shut down. I can’t imagine the hardship this would have caused Kanye had he not been able to purchase 100, 000$ worth of shoes a month.. :rolleyes:

Aero

Superstar
So many small businesses were unable to access any aide at all while it seems the feds wrote blank checks for tons of multi billion dollar companies and businesses lead by ownership that definately had the means to sustain them during the downswing. The whole entire situation has been a farce and I agree with you completely. My business? We didn’t get a dollar. Thankfully we are in the habit of laying off avocado toast and had our own modest funds available to pay out necessary expenses while we were shut down. I can’t imagine the hardship this would have caused Kanye had he not been able to purchase 100, 000$ worth of shoes a month.. :rolleyes:
Funny you should mention Kanye. Because I've been thinking of starting my own luxury brand. And it will be the antithesis of whatever Kanye does.

Fortunately for me I have an "angel investor" ready to go in with me on whatever I decide to do. It's just too bad there's no legal marijuana market in Ohio

justjess

Superstar
Funny you should mention Kanye. Because I've been thinking of starting my own luxury brand. And it will be the antithesis of whatever Kanye does.

Fortunately for me I have an "angel investor" ready to go in with me on whatever I decide to do. It's just too bad there's no legal marijuana market in Ohio
Good luck bro. The opposite of whatever Kanye does is a good starting point lol